Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Default APL servers

Since the new season is starting I think it's important to resolve the apl servers stability issue. Last season was riddled with server crashes, huge lag spikes that led to free bomb runs and in general a lot of instability.
A couple of times maps were even restarted due to bombs during server spikes and lets not forget we played both final legs on Maimer's server because of all these problems.

So maybe we should try to setup something more reliable for this season? Perhaps someone has a good server they can offer?
Phong's servers seem very stable. Since we never fill up more than 2 ladder servers and no one with over 400 ping plays on ladder anyways maybe we can use the tbd and the ball no max ping ladder servers for Apl1 and 2?
In any case, something should be done so we can avoid all this mess during the season.

Last edited by NomNom; 02-28-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 AM

I don't know why the server crashes cause the mumble server is on the same VPS and I've basically never seen it crash/disconnect.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

These servers are being paid to be run well, but maybe teams can use the ladder servers as a backup,i hope.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
These servers are being paid to be run well, but maybe teams can use the ladder servers as a backup,i hope.
Yea but they're not running well and they haven't been for a while so an alternative is needed.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
I wasnt gona create an account here but i felt this issue was something that needed to be adressed too much

I do really agree with previous posters about the APL servers just being GOD AWFUL. I dont know about the rest of yal but i feel they worked better last season and now that uve increased the number they just arent working well at all. My avg ping and ping spikes are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY higher in apl servers than on other servers.

Id like to suggest that all league games should be played out in ladder servers instead (as i feel they are way more stable than the apl ones)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Super Moderator

The Ladder servers and the Proleague servers are hosted on the same box, which is hosted by phong. You probably just had a couple bad spikes when you were on the PL servers and got the idea that they were worse than the ladder (which in fact they are the same). Either way, they are much more stable than the last PL servers. Sorry it hasn't been ideal for you.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:58 PM

Servers are perfect so far, if a server lags, everyone will lag not just one or two people so it must've been a problem on your end.