Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboTheTiny View Post
Why would games played against FN be invalidated? Just because they dropped out late in the league, doesn't mean games previous shouldn't count... anyone else see anything wrong with this?
Either we will all get a forfeit win from them or all results agaisnt them will be invalidated. Doesn't matter which, it's just 1 less or 1 more win for everyone else, but either way it's fair.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:26 AM

It's not strange. For example, we beat JC 5v5 fair and square but unfortunately they dropped out so that result won't count.However, it won't count for everyone else either, whether they played them yet or not, so we lose nothing.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to BoboTheTiny Send a message via Skype™ to BoboTheTiny

Its very strange! We are letting the teams that dropped out direct the course of the league! Thats a bit ridiculous. Hell its almost like rewarding a rage quit. The teams that lost to FN should take the loss, as the teams that won should take the win.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Its very strange! We are letting the teams that dropped out direct the course of the league! Thats a bit ridiculous. Hell its almost like rewarding a rage quit. The teams that lost to FN should take the loss, as the teams that won should take the win.
The reason is because the goal of the league is to have each team play every other team once. If you were able to retain results from teams that dropped out those teams would gain an unfair advantage or be unfairly penalized. This is because you would be able to get more wins than is possible for another team.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 AM

I see your point.

But still very frustrating, as Bb dropped in rank because of a possible clan rage quit.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 AM

Wait, RIP is rescheduling with FN. Why are they considered out? Did DW decide to not reschedule?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
The reason is because the goal of the league is to have each team play every other team once. If you were able to retain results from teams that dropped out those teams would gain an unfair advantage or be unfairly penalized. This is because you would be able to get more wins than is possible for another team.
Wait, I'm still confused here, if IL (or any team) beat FN beforethey dropped out, why isn't that win still being counted. Thats basically penalizing a team because they other team quit.

Really FN? You guys just... no...
Old 04-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Let me try to clarify things a bit:

Not everyone gets to play certain teams before they drop out. For example, several teams beat FN and JC fair and square before they were disqualified. In a perfect world the teams who beat them in a 5v5 game would get those points counted for them.

However, some other teams never got to play the teams before they dropped out. If the points the other teams gained from them were counted, they'd have an unfair advantage over the other teams that might have been able to beat them and accumulate some points if they had the chance. Similarly, nobody knows whether the teams that didn't get the chance to beat them would even win.

So we have two choices: either give everyone a forfeit-win or invalidate the points. Either way, the teams are in equal stead and you can then actually compare the accumulated points of all active teams. I decided to simply not count the wins as it would be less confusing.

As for the FN vs. RIP game, feel free to reschedule and play it if you want. I'm pretty sure FN is disqualified after this week no matter what as they never rescheduled their match against DW, so it was counted as a forfeit. So while you guys should feel free to play your game, the points won't get counted whether or not you win. I put FN down as a forfeit for that match since they won't be playing any more this league, but if you end up playing the game send me the results and I'll change it to reflect what happened.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:19 AM

Stupid logic, ruining my unfair advantage....
Old 04-12-2010, 02:50 AM

you know what pie is right, simple logic. Will Evil be addressing this soon?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:55 AM

I still don't get it...what actually happened to L* today. They were really uber strong all of the last weeks.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:59 AM

Guess KLF and bongs were stronger this week.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
I still don't get it...what actually happened to L* today. They were really uber strong all of the last weeks.
i think bongs an klf were both pumped for a big team an L* were off form and out of practise! basically it really!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I see your point.

But still very frustrating, as Bb dropped in rank because of a possible clan rage quit.
What did we rage at?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 AM

FN isn't out yet, they have rescheduled with RIP. They also have to play vs ACE. Also fLb vs ACE wasn't played out this week due to Kuja's modem dying but it will get played. Unfortunately this season has had a lot of bumps along the road, hopefully it will all pan out considering this just might be the last and as it is now the most competitive season of APL.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 AM

Good to hear, Storm. I'm assuming we'll have our game sometime next Sunday.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Hi we did ask earlier check the thread. My modem is dead and im out of commission for 2 days until I can get that fixed, im pirating the couple next doors net.
QUOTE <...> however I need to resched with ## as my modem has died and I am currently living off pirated internet for the old couple next door which isnt capable of running altitude

Hey Kuja,
This isnt asking. U had to speak directlyto a captain (or PM him like he wrote) or at least a member of ## and pass your team's will to postpone the match.
We dont like to win like this, no play no fun! - no learning and getting better. But we demand respect. We all fix our things to be able to get to the places.
I can tell u that, one hour before the supposed time (2pm), i had Apathy telling me the game is now, so communication got a "no show".
I dont know what will come out of this, and i wish we could get to play but, you sure should know better.
Im just sry for Gamegueard who showed up alone before a willing to play team to try a late reschedule.

Last edited by Mandrad; 04-12-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:38 AM

eeeh Storom, they have rescheduled RIP - but have not done it with DW. I'm very sorry - but rules should work the same for every clan.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 AM

i think its 2 no shows for DQ.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 PM

i believe it's overall 4 no shows for DQ - this week was the 4th one.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:55 PM

QUOTE *The score between KLF and Bong's Bitches was 1:1 after the first two games, and the tiebreaker ended in the rare outcome of "mutual annihilation." This means that both teams destroyed the other team's base within a couple seconds of each other before the awards screen showed, and as such the game was counted as a tie. According to the official APL rules in the event of mutual annihilation when the teams have both won one game, one point will be awarded to each team.

Did anyone take the video for this match? It was epic really......
PS ~ Its important to note that BB destroyed KLF's base first......
Old 04-12-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FN]MONXY FIST View Post
What did we rage at?
monxy come back please, if you get sinstar back i will join to an recuirt splodets! i hate fn being so weak!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 PM

I don't really know how many no shows each team has, not really following since that's mostly Evil's job, I don't really much care myself since FN doesn't have a chance for playoffs. I'd just like them to at least have their last breath with dignity. Don't want them to be remembered as a noob team of no showers.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botakhead View Post
QUOTE *The score between KLF and Bong's Bitches was 1:1 after the first two games, and the tiebreaker ended in the rare outcome of "mutual annihilation." This means that both teams destroyed the other team's base within a couple seconds of each other before the awards screen showed, and as such the game was counted as a tie. According to the official APL rules in the event of mutual annihilation when the teams have both won one game, one point will be awarded to each team.

Did anyone take the video for this match? It was epic really......
PS ~ Its important to note that BB destroyed KLF's base first......
epic it was botak, not sure about your last note 0.o, we dominated, end of.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Listen im sure anyone and everyone else will agree that posting a request for a resched in that weeks league sched is a sufficient effort to communicate. PM me about details for the resched, I need to see when I can get my modem fixed but It may be a day or two.
dude, yesterday when we had to play, flb had only 2 players, and for me flb lost, because if u wana reschedule u have to talk me before a match, the rule are these.

-thnx tomato
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato man View Post
dude, yesterday when we had to play, flb had only 2 players, and for me flb lost, because if u wana reschedule u have to talk me before a match, the rule are these.

-thnx tomato
have respect, if you dont show rescedule its polite and what they did in the old days when altitude wasnt so fail and had cool pros!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:10 PM

I fail to see, why there were absolutely no attempts to save FA, Dx, IB etc...and so many of them to reschedule these 2 matches. It's obvious FN failed and even if rescheduled won't get the players in all of the last few weeks. In spite of their glorious (well actually not), long lasting history - not showing is highly disrespectful to the opponent teams, since guys need to plan their sunday the way, they can get online, in stead of going somewhere or simply sleeping (in case of far east members). This is why not showing is punished with dq.

fLb is clearly going to the play offs. It is also clear not every possible attempt was made to reschedule the match prior to it. Why to argue...

and as said - I'd be on your side - if anyone would talk the same about the new teams - which simply weren't helped and were judged highly unflexible by the written rules.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FN]MONXY FIST View Post
What did we rage at?
I'm not saying you did. I was showing that in a hypothetical situation, a losing team could rage quit to screw over any time that beat them.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:04 PM

I would like to apologize for not showing up. I was around, had altitude open, but didn't bother joining the server. Reasons where; not enough fLb on, also I thought the means kuja took to reschedule was adequate, i guess not. Oops, pwn ya'll next week.

Apa fighting !
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato man View Post

-thnx tomato
Hi I'm a league admin and I gave you notice in advance about our resched. This league isnt about free wins.

Last edited by Kuja900; 04-12-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 PM

eeh free wins? The league is for all about coming.

this line "however I need to resched with ##" - proposes no alternative times, isn't even directly meant to ##. Please just stop the trash talk - rules are equal for everyone.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:56 PM

YA the BB/KLF match was very EPIC i really want to see the match again if some1 had recorded it
Old 04-12-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
eeh free wins? The league is for all about coming.

this line "however I need to resched with ##" - proposes no alternative times, isn't even directly meant to ##. Please just stop the trash talk - rules are equal for everyone.
There is no trash talking going on what are you talking about lol? Rules are equal for everyone and I provided advance notice. With my broken modem and pirated net it takes my comp about 10min to post anything, and to avoid frustration I simply posted in the public thread. If your here to get free wins and not actually play other teams why are you here?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Hi I'm a league admin and I gave you notice in advance about our resched. This league isnt about free wins.
So you get to do whatever you want? I was one of those who told tomato to reschedule on the spot and then after when we talked about it but your comment here makes me do a 180...
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM

man - i know about your modem, that's too bad. I know how it feels (I personally won't have internet for 2 weeks due to moving), anyway - fLb as far as I understand is not only Kuja900, but also another 11 highly qualitative players in the APL roster.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 PM

I am not violating any rules and I provided advance notice about my resched, I am not abusing my position in any way and I find it despicable that a team would rather pick up a free win as opposed to actually playing the game. And yes thats true Tosconi but I posted notice of a resched.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Actually, the rules do state sometime about rescheduling. Not to say that rules are always hard inflexible rules, but it is wrong to say that you "did not break any rules".

From here: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2607

Quote:

Match Scheduling After the Deadline Day
Teams are NOT allowed to schedule or play their matches after the match deadline day without explicit permission from an admin. Teams that require an extension to their match deadline day, should contact an admin no later than 4 days (Wednesday) prior to the official deadline day of the match. Permissions are given by on a per-case basis.

Match Rescheduling

Teams may reschedule a match date and time before the scheduling deadline day by contacting an admin. After the scheduling deadline day has passed, teams CANNOT reschedule their match.

Any event match where a team receives a forfeit win will AUTOMATICALLY be rescheduled.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 PM

well as you say man. I still feel there are two problem points. 1st of all not every instrument of communication was used to actually reach the other team (they surely didn't read this note). 2nd - trying to reschedule the match 10 hours prior to the actual match...well...i just say - there should be a rule for this.

I feel the rules should be elaborated and provide a dispute settlement provisions, because now it is really not clear who is actually in charge to decide.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:58 PM

There were unforeseeable circumstances in this case with my modem dying, I posted notice immediately after I realized this had happened on my phone. There are no rules regarding "every instrument of communication", using every instrument would be pming every member of their team and in every applicable thread. As I am quite disabled atm it is difficult for me to send pms with this POS net that cuts out every few minutes and takes forever to load so I just posted in the forums.

Last edited by Kuja900; 04-12-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 PM

the question is - why didn't you simply told your team to come. As far as I understand - you mean, that you actually WOULD come if not the modem problem.