Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protest boy View Post
It seems like the miranda's laser as it is now can kill a loopy in one shot. Maybe only with bars, I'm unsure. It has been made easier to do this also since the duration of the shot has been shortened so one doesn't have to maintain contact for as long to get out the maximum damage.

There needs to be a balance between having to aim correctly when the shot is first released, and having to maintain the laser on the target over the duration of the shot. They both take skill. Right now it's too far towards the 'initial aim' side of things.
Other planes can also kill Loopy with one shot. Heavy cannon biplane kills in one D-F mash instantly.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM

At this point, comparing anything to the loopy is a waste of time since the plane is horrible :| Every other plane has insane 1-hit (or close to it) potential except the loopy. I'm not saying the loopy needs one, but when you've got the lowest HP in the game and 0 defensive moves outside of your speed... you're basically screwed.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:05 PM

When I play heavy cannon in a server full of demo users, I feel like that shotgun assassin at the end of Scarface.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

I think the new laser might actually be able to kill a biplane in one shot even.

in any case, I think it's clearly better than the trickster or warp variants.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM

you could kill loopys in one sweep before aswell, you just needed to stay on target much longer. Can't recall if you could kill biplanes aswell but it's not too far-fetched, the damage increase was just 15%.

the only thing i dislike about the miranda right now is that every other plane can atleast use their boost when on 0 energy but the miranda can't do anything, so being stuck in a fight when drained is just instant death.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 PM

It has a 0 energy escape option, reverse. And considering it's boost also functions as an attack, I can't see any justification for making it cost nothing.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
It has a 0 energy escape option, reverse. And considering it's boost also functions as an attack, I can't see any justification for making it cost nothing.
i don't want boost to cost nothing, that would be crazy. but at 0 energy the cooldown on reverse increases by alot practically making it useless in a dogfight.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:54 PM

don't dogfight with miranda.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

yeah, I gotta say, I'm okay with this unique disadvantage that the miranda has. it's a goofy plane, and trying to make it like the other planes would weaken its appeal imo.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

im going to look at ur book one day that u just posted and say that, as a miranda whore since back in the day... miranda was the most unfair plane ever and took little skill to kill others... the only plane that nearly compared to it was loopy but a good miranda would kill anything

this modern game... made it fair, every plane has its advantage and disadvantage and i love that part

I'm not as skilled anymore due to the simple fact that miranda's arent the best so i'm thanking lamster for making the weaker to impose improvement on my part... i suck so much now and learning this new miranda is good, make it the worst plane plz