Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM

Default Back from holiday-

I'm back guys.

Sorry to hear that 'Stav. I'll catch up with all of you soon.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
I can't be on a 6GMT today, I'll be back home from golf around 8, so I'd like to take to you stav and dougie too.
I'll be a bit late after 6pm GMT tonight, possibly 7.30pm GMT
Old 07-27-2010, 12:59 AM

Default Scrim Friday?

I'm trying to organize a scrim with BL on Friday @ 5pm EST, 10pm GMT.

Let me know either on here or in game by Wednesday if this will work for anybody. If we don't get 5, we won't be playing.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 AM

Rojo I think I can actually make that game on fri...

You can count me in bro!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 AM

Default My avail.

Generally speaking, I should be available for most of the Saturday afternoon / evening hours (EDT). Some of the early hours may be rough, but if I know in advance, I can get it together.

Go ICE ~

Godspeed, Mr. Kraken, and thanks for recruiting me (yes, you can blame him for that too).
Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Hi guys i just got back from a week from vacation and im still looking for a clan.
I think most of you will have seen me online in either the Arr server or ladder ball.
I'm a ball player only, 24 years young and i can say im a veteran gamer. I was playing red alert 2 online back in the days(and doing well with a top 100 spot).
Ive been in multiple clans in my gaming life even had a few myself(counterstrik and unreal tournament). I play to win. However i don't know the altitude community and clan scene that good so i don't know which clans i have a shot with and which ones not. So im just trying. I think im a good altitude player but i still need to learn a lot. Im a competitive player but i play for fun, a sort of cas pro.

The last game i rly played to win was the starcraft 2 beta. 1v1 in gold(spot 40ish, and 2v2 platinum).
well if you think i got what takes, contact me or leave a message here .

I also left a message at Arr, and {8}(eightball) asked me to join them.

I play every plane well except bomber and randa. My best are whale and loopy. Im currently trying my hand with biplane sniping and liking it so far.

Last edited by DerRoteBaron; 07-27-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:17 PM

Baron- friend me in game @ {ICE}DosEquis

What planes do you play?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Gustav can you update front page to reflect the new bagel tags?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Hi guys, im the new addition in your ball team.
My name gives it wawy im a wrecking ball looking forward to playing with all you guys and on the ladder killing jewbachuss(nothing personal but you are still my most hated opponent according to attitude ladder).

Btw is there another forum page or something? Because the mumble adress isnt around here is it?

But in all seriousnes, im happy i found a good and respectable clan to be in with good and active members, and im realy looking forward to the matches and show that i can be a usefull addition to the team.

Last edited by DerRoteBaron; 07-28-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:11 PM

welcome to the team DRB. I was quite impressed seeing you on ladder yesterday, so pleased to see that you've been signed up!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Default New recruits...

We've picked up DRB and Mastercoop which will make excellent additions to our ranks... Both can switch between light and heavy planes without losing a beat so lets welcome them to the family... I'm sure they'll be a good force in our quest for victories throughout skyleague...

As a heads up for everyone we are going to be getting a scrim together with BL on fri at 10 pm gmt... so post here if you can make it or let me mintz or rojo no in game... Thanks guys keep up the good work

Gustav
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustav27 View Post
We've picked up DRB and Mastercoop which will make excellent additions to our ranks... Both can switch between light and heavy planes without losing a beat so lets welcome them to the family... I'm sure they'll be a good force in our quest for victories throughout skyleague...

As a heads up for everyone we are going to be getting a scrim together with BL on fri at 10 pm gmt... so post here if you can make it or let me mintz or rojo no in game... Thanks guys keep up the good work

Gustav
Not sure if i'm going to be able to make the scrim on friday... going to see a play, and have no idea how long it is...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Gustav
I'll be there
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Jewbacchus and I are forming the elite bagel faction of ICE

Only for trained Jew assassins.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Jewbacchus and I are forming the elite bagel faction of ICE

Only for trained Jew assassins.
MMmmmmm bagels.

Does anyone else think that Hollywood deserves a sendoff as nice and thoughtful as AssKrakens?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:34 PM

I'll start it off rojo.

Holly, what do I say to you, you canadian

Mumble with your aboot's and ehs has always been interesting you whore.

The bitches we sent you, you gotta give em back.

EH EH EH EH EH EH

AMERICA.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:42 PM

yea go ice
Old 07-28-2010, 05:54 PM

bye holly.

I could have come up with something better, but "i'm not trying"
Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM

o yeah holly i dont care if u left im still goin to kill hore u in every game i play with u
there thats better
Old 07-29-2010, 10:39 PM

if anyone sees this, we have a fun scrim with arr in 20 minutes s if you could get on.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 AM

Scrim tmrw

I can't make it, real life came up and I'm going into the city with friends.

SHould be good saturday though.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 AM

Default Scrim tomorrow unlikely to happen:

I haven't gotten enough yeses to warrant proceeding with a scrim tomorrow, so I messaged BL and told them that we don't have enough at the moment.

Crappy beer but great quote:
Life Beckons
-and-
Stay thirsty my friends, we will whet out appetite with solid matches come Saturday.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:46 PM

Default Skyleague week 1 preview

Project work is growing tedious, so here are my thoughts on tomorrow...

Tv0 and Ball Lords

So, finaly, after months of gustav and others bugging CCN we are about to embark on our first season in a competitive league. Questions remain as to whether we deserve the right to compete with some of the big name players on the ball scene, but I think we have proved that we have players who deserve a chance to shine on the main stage, and as we showed in the qualifying tournament, we were able to offer some resistance to both arr and Tv0 with a couple of 6-3 games. Can we go one step further and claim a scalp? The majority of the community will doubt it, but I think there will be a shock in this tournemant and lets hope its our team that acheives it. But first things first, we have a basement battle on our hands, and the random draw has not been great to us. We are playing Ball Lords in the first week, and likely to have to play Aces High in the second. If we lose both of these games, bottom of the league is inevitable. On the up side, we could be 2 wins from 3, and near the top of the table!

This Saturday, we will be facing two teams with contrasting objectives. Looking at peoples predictions on the forthcoming league, the top four or five positions only have one consistent name and postion(1,2,3). Tv0, first. They will be hungry to win the league, and the very thought of losing even just 1 game to us, won't have crossed their minds. Our previous encounter two weeks ago, resulted in an unsurprisingly familiar 6-2, 6-0, 6-3* loss, Captain Tmic providing the creativity and causing havoc in our defence scoring 9 out of the 18 goals against us. The good news is, tmic looks set to miss the game tomorrow*. The bad news is, Tv0 have that many great players that someone else can easily take his place. As to who that will be, I'm not quite certain. Their other captain, TruePa!n, is the most likely candidate. Another legendry randa within the ball community, who has a habit of sitting back when the team is in attack, acting more like a playmaker performing some top rate passes, but then moving in when the ball gets round the goal area. With other top rate players to choose from, like "U got carstairs" and "unbreakable", I suggest the best way we can win this game is by getting an elite force of yakuza assassins to take out each of their players just before the start of the game. Best we can hope for is improvement on our 18-5 showing last time. Tv0 on the other hand will treat this like stealing candy from a baby and then and kicking the baby into a ditch for good measure.

Our second opponent is one of our biggest rivals. Created when ICE was reformed, Ball lords took a number of our best players in creation of their own clan. Matrin, XX2, Special and Sukitox. These are unsteady times for Ball Lords with an internal dispute dividing their squad in half, with Matrin and Special creating a new clan =AIR=* and taking a few other players with them. Ball Lords are down, but not out, and they will want to make this point in the forthcoming game. This is part one of the three part basement battle. Neither team can afford to lose. Ball Lords main threats come from two former colleagues. Sukitox was one of the first players to join the rejuvanted ICE team, lead by matrin at the time, and even then showed us his capabilities of being a top draw whale, able to play both defence and offense well and consistently getting a good KDR. Donk joined us briefly over the skyleague qualifiers, playing against Tv0 and arr scoring 3 goals in 6 games, very respectable considering the majority of these games were spent in our own half. He is likely to be their main goal threat, it will be imperative to stick to him like a cheap hooker to crack. This is a game that can go either way, but judging on others predictions, we are the slight underdogs.

Elsewhere:

We have plenty of other games of interest this week, but there are two that stand out in my eyes. Arr v Tv0 would have been my first choice. Arr has what I consider to be the best attack in the game and Tv0 has the best balanced squad. This game however looks set to be postponed till midweek*. Therefore, attention turns to the rematch of twisted v ball. Great things are expected from twisted, but they will not welcome the fact they have drawn ball first out after losing to them in the qualifying tourney*. The result here will give a good indication of things to come and who will be the main challanger to Tv0.

I should do some work now I guess...

Last edited by Dougie; 07-30-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Very nice write up dougie! Intresting read, certainly for someone new in the scene. Good to know the clans a bit better and their reputation.

Now in other news, i was wondering do we have a clan page? Or clan tactics? I know if we had tactics we woudnt put them here on a open forum. But i noticed in yesterdays scrim that there are no tactics? I know im new in the whole altitude community so as a newbie i dont want to see to prodding and poking in existing things. But i was wondering if i missed something or if there simply arent any tactics for this game apart from do the **** your told. Since i played UT, CS and WoW pretty hardcore. Life in a clan started to revolve around who had the superior map tactics and less woh had the superior aimers.Atleast it was my experience in CS especially, that on the higher levels of early ladder games, skill was everything. And as that got closer(you still had people alot better than others) good tactics coupled with a good game sense and communications could negate skill. Might be intresting for us to share thoughts on tactics and all or am i just rabbling?

Offc, if there is a need for it, i once drawed out tactics on the maps for myself to follow. If there is a need i can upload them somewhere. It's basic stuff but still might be intresting to exchance in thoughts about ingame tactics right?

As again since im a newb and dont what im talking about ill shut up if im annoying.

Oh and if anyone as full sized pictures of the maps, that would be awesome. I really need those. Oh nevermind i found full image maps on the wiki altitude .

Last edited by DerRoteBaron; 07-30-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:28 PM

In all the games i've played for ICE, we haven't really used any solid tactics. We don't have a website currently, but I do think its a good idea to get one setup. There clearly are tactics in the game, for example, long shot locations and 6-a-side formations. The main ball teams use formations extremely well to disrupt their opponents. Take arr last night, started light, and suddenly switching to use 3 whales, bang kill ratio goes up and a swift 6-0 result follows...
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Dougie, what a great write-up and I totally agree. Do you want me to call on chiang to get the triad? :P

I think we should start having tactics, and regular practices once a week to decide on them.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Dougie, what a great write-up and I totally agree. Do you want me to call on chiang to get the triad? :P

I think we should start having tactics, and regular practices once a week to decide on them.
Its finding a regular time that suits enough players. Perhaps midweek, wednesday or thursday around 9 or 10 GMT? What do you reckon.

And about the triad, maybe we can start somekind of protection racket to make some money off the smaller clans...
Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 AM

Default Confirmees for skyleague

Hi guys, Can we get a list sorted for skyleague?

from 8pm GMT today

Confirmed:
Dougie
Mintz
Rojo
Netsky
Raz
DRB*

Not Confirmed:
Jewbacchus
bsteady
pinkshift
mibble

Out:
Gustav
Der legend
Mr. Mooo
Skyp
baller-x

(If i've missed your name from the list, just let us know anyway!)
My suggestion is we want the strongest team possible for the Ball Lords match. Tv0 match is a no win scenario, so we can experiment with the team a bit if we have enough players.

Last edited by Dougie; 07-31-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:59 AM

Default Good Luck Guys!

Hey guys... I'm sorry I cant make it but good luck today guys... We've all come a long way and all of us have improved greatly since we joined the clan.... I would take the time to write something about you guys but its 7 am here and I have to be at work at 7:30 ... Work as a team... use mumble and work with eachother... pass, kill and score... GO ICE!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 PM

I'll be there. Probably. And there is a chance i might have to leave. The timing is a bit bad 2h later and i would be fine. But i got 50th birthday of a family member. So kinda have to be there. Luckily there is a laptop there i have acces 2 with altitude on it! (sweet i bought alti via steam). So yes ill prolly be there, but can't be on mumble and small chance if it takes rly long i have to leave earlier.

Edit: And what is considered the best ice team. And what are currently the most skilled ice members? Personally im impressed with jewbacca and romo. But thats just from the ladder games. Don't really know the rest that well.(well sky and dougie, seen them alot 2 recently!)

OH and sorry for bugging everyone about ball ladder......Get used to it

Last edited by DerRoteBaron; 07-31-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:18 PM

cant make it today, i have to join my own boring birthday party ...

gl ICE anyways!!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skYp View Post
cant make it today, i have to join my own boring birthday party ...

gl ICE anyways!!
Happy birthday skyp! Sorry you can't make it though
Old 07-31-2010, 10:07 PM

Default Skyleague july 31

Hey all,

Thanks to Raz, Jewbacchus, Moo, Dougie, DRB, and Pinkshift for the stellar play against ///tvo. We had one very good match and one that we didn't perform as well, but it was a good showing.

We had to forfeit against BL as we only had 3 people (myself included) on. I understand that the times are not incredibly convenient, but if you say that you can play, please make a conscience effort to show up. I don't like having my time wasted and I'm even more aggravated we wasted 8 or 9 BLers time.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM

Default 31/7/10 Skyleague Season 2 Round 2

ICE 0 - 2 Tv0
-----------------------------------------------
ICE 5-6 Tv0
Goals:
Dougie x 2, Pinkshift x 2, Mr. Mooo
Fu, U got carstairs, starDust, truepa!n x 2, U got carstairs

Assists:
Mr.Mooo, Pinkshift, Rojomojo
Fu, Betterthanarr

Arena: mayhem2
rojomojo 41 46 29 BetterThanArr 55 55 31
Dougie 41 35 43 FU 50 48 32
jewbacchus 40 36 35 mled 41 41 20
Mr. Mooo 28 57 48 StarDust 37 66 37
Pinkshift 27 36 50 U got carstairs 37 64 43
Raz Beri Beret 19 31 53 truepa!n 30 55 42

Possession:
4:52 - 5:35
server: Sky league 2
ICE 2-6 Tv0
Goals:
Pinkshift, Mr. Mooo
Pe|n x 4, U got carstairs, BetterThanArr

Assists:
-
mled x 2, BetterThanArr x 2

Arena: Grotto
Dougie 16 18 17 mled 19 20 5
rojomojo 15 18 16 StarDust 19 18 12
Jewbacchus*-> 13 7 11 BetterThanArr 18 15 11
Mr. Mooo 13 15 15 truepa!n 16 17 17
DerRoteBaron 9 17 13 U got carstairs 13 29 15
Pinkshift 8 22 17 Pe|n 7 13 15
<-*Raz Beri beret 0 3 4

Possession:
1:50 - 2:07
Server: Sky League 2
Old 08-01-2010, 01:05 AM

Default 31/7/10 Skyleague Season 2 Round 1

ICE 0 - 2 Ball Lords
(ICE forfeit due to lack of players)
0-6, 0-6
Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 AM

i'm sorry guys. my loop went long on caddying and i got home at 7 EST. We need to get more organized so I want everyone that can to be on tomorrow night at around 730 EST so we can talk.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:07 AM

Hey guys I talked to distraction and he was cool with a reschedule for wednesday... we havent set up a time yet so give me your availablities so we can get a team together... Btw gj today guys...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 AM

Bagels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Hey guys I talked to distraction and he was cool with a reschedule for wednesday... we havent set up a time yet so give me your availablities so we can get a team together... Btw gj today guys...
Distraction is a being a very good sport about this, so all credit to him! If we're going to have a rematch, I'm not going to play if its going later than 11.30 pm GMT (7.30 pm EST)
Old 08-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo View Post
Hey all,

Thanks to Raz, Jewbacchus, Moo, Dougie, DRB, and Pinkshift for the stellar play against ///tvo. We had one very good match and one that we didn't perform as well, but it was a good showing.

We had to forfeit against BL as we only had 3 people (myself included) on. I understand that the times are not incredibly convenient, but if you say that you can play, please make a conscience effort to show up. I don't like having my time wasted and I'm even more aggravated we wasted 8 or 9 BLers time.
Oh damn, I am really sorry about that. BUt i thought our matches were done. It wasn't clear at all to me that we had another match. Since people were asking for the next clan to come in and all to play versus Tv0. So again i am really sorry but it wasnt at all clear to me that we played 2 matches. Since everyone was talking about the scrim on skyleague i thought our match was over. Next time ill be there, and ill stay there.

Since i have vacation(and not any birthdays anytime soon). You can count me in for all the next matches and scrims coming 2 weeks. And ill stay till everything is done.

SO the reschedule is against Ball?

Btw well played that first match vs Tv0 guys, i wasn't in so i guess that helped (j/k i am offcourse awesome ). But it was a really good match and you all played really well i think. Have to give props 2 RA i saw him make some very very nice manouvers!(the rest played rly well offcourse but i tend to watch 1 or 2 people closer during a match).

Second match was for Dougie i think! Still to bad we lost but Dougie had a good match there! Looking forward to playing with you guys again even though it was short i had fun and a very good game against a very good opponent(atleast thats what i think).
Closed Thread