Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:16 AM

Default ball_cross discussion

This map seems to be disliked by many. The most commonly cited reason seems to be that this map is a "trench battle", won by the team who can "press f harder", i.e. kill the other team better.

However, is it not generally agreed that plane-killing skill is an important component of ball? How is it bad that this map is won by the team that is better at killing?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM

This is a great map as its one of the few that pushes vertically more then just horizontally and yes this map benefits from more killing the some others but nothing wrong with that... l2killbetter if that's your problem.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:13 PM

I hated this map when it first came out, but it has really grown on me the more ive played it. There is an emphasis on killing since it is so wide open, but it also makes for some epic passes and great long shots as well. I think this map has one of the best "top" paths, it is a great choice for a randa or loopy to test their luck on a long lob shot before enemy teams and respawn. Overall i really enjoy the layout of this map, and the games always seem to have a good flow to them.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:35 PM

It is not a terribely exciting map but it is valid with no real "problems" per say.

Last edited by Kuja900; 07-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 PM

I love such a vertically oriented map. I think we should have more ball maps like this.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:18 PM

i don't really have a problem with this map. When you play with good people, i don't really see this trench fight happen much. Although i am not very happy when the ball gets stuck at one of the bottom corners of the map, and the defending team has to fish it out.

-XX2