Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM

Default Concerns about Conduct in Games

I have been asked not to continue this discussion in the Ladder fourms even though it says that anything about ladder goes in that fourm chat area. So I am forced to express my freedom of speech in here. I was told to STOP IT, but It seems to be ok for Elixir to give his opinions on the Ladder Fourms. I claim foul and that I'm being censored because I have identified a problem, and one of two reasons could be the cause of it. #1. It is possible that favorites are being played and it does matter, a case of ( who knows who in Altitude ) #2. It is possible that they simply don't want to deal with the problem.

Their own rules state that:
11) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players.

12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder

Well ^^^^^^ this obviously has caused a negative experience for me and more than one player specifically since they took the time to reply to the thread about Elixir who has been out of control until the recent post exposing his behavior. I was asked stop it when negative comments were being made by Elixir, but I'm not supposed to answer him back. WOW Elixir is allowed to rage at will once again!!

I feel I have the right to post about the problems and any other problem in Altitude as long as I am not cursing or raging. I have voiced a complaint and have been told to stop it and that none of the cursing raging/trash talk targeting specific players (screenshots) proved that he had done anything wrong. I would disagree along with the others that care enough to reply. In the case that the screen shots are deleted by ladder Admin PM me for a direct link to imageshack

I have seen many post on here that contained cursing out right lies and raging. I simply made an adult observation, stated my concerns in a way that was factual, and witnesses have since come forward and agreed and complained about the same person and noting has been done about it. Maybe I should have cursed and called people names and it would have been acceptable?

If you agree, and have any legitimate complains about specific players, please send your incidents with screenshots to any of the Admins. accept Nobo, he has told more than one person to send them to someone else. DO this every single time you see any player violating these rules, If you don't, you have no room to complain. I just hope you aren't told to Stop IT as I was!!!! Good Ole America huh!!!

Last edited by SkyGirl; 07-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 PM

So you obviously do not know a lot about "freedom of speech" if that's how you're invoking it.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 PM

I have an idea: let's play some ****ing Altitude.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGirl View Post
So I am forced to express my freedom of speech in here.
You have no freedom of speech. This is a privately run forum for a game with privately run servers that transcend all manner of international borders.

I will not address any of your points. Your indignation is uncalled for.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 PM

I never told you to stop posting legit complaints in the ladder forums. I told you to quit stirring up drama in my particular thread, since a large majority of the screenshots you posted didn't show anything that was worthy of complaining about.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstairs View Post
You have no freedom of speech. This is a privately run forum for a game with privately run servers that transcend all manner of international borders.

I will not address any of your points. Your indignation is uncalled for.
Yes it is private, but they allow you to discuss anything as long as it falls within their guidelines. By the way, they sure teach you a lot of big words Carstair in Starbucks lol.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Guys, stop avoiding skygirl's main point. You have all targeted his poor word choice of freedom of speech but lets get down to the central idea of his original post. I agree with him that there is true favoritism in ladder. I do not mind the favoritism but often the favoritism turns into abuse and foul treatment of other players. If one player is abiding by the rules and even if he/she is not as good as others, there should be no form of abuse. Sure there is the occasional rage which is acceptable but persistent negative targeting of another player definitely should not be tolerated.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
So you obviously do not know a lot about "freedom of speech" if that's how you're invoking it.
What calling out a raging player on his/her behavior, for the enjoyment of all playing? After the complaints were posted in the fourms and commented on by other players that agreed, It was amazing how all the sudden Ladder was the wonderful bearable server it always had been ( there has always been goofing off and random comments in every server, but this was disruptive ). On top of that many of the players today commented by saying that they had a great time playing ladder without all the raging, and If I'm not mistaken thats what we are here to do is have a little fun.

Thx. for the input Smush, but I guess you had to be there to understand.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
I never told you to stop posting legit complaints in the ladder forums. I told you to quit stirring up drama in my particular thread, since a large majority of the screenshots you posted didn't show anything that was worthy of complaining about.
Well it seems that more than one comment on someone being disruptive during game play is not enough to warrant a valid complaint? hmm confusing, and it appears that the worm has turned and now you feel that you need to come to a thread that I started and continue the conversation that you think is drama, if so why even comment here nobo? Of course we could all mute these players but would have no Idea what they were saying or have a chat log to prove how they acted when time comes to complain about getting vote kicked because ( as seen in the screen shots ) two or three people decide that it's their decision to take over the server and say who needs to stay and who needs to go, and it's usually because they say they are no good or (suck) as most of them say.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wok3N^ View Post
Guys, stop avoiding skygirl's main point. You have all targeted his poor word choice of freedom of speech but lets get down to the central idea of his original post. I agree with him that there is true favoritism in ladder. I do not mind the favoritism but often the favoritism turns into abuse and foul treatment of other players. If one player is abiding by the rules and even if he/she is not as good as others, there should be no form of abuse. Sure there is the occasional rage which is acceptable but persistent negative targeting of another player definitely should not be tolerated.
Thank you Woken for speaking up, It appears that more people than I thought have the guts to say enough is enough, which ultimately helps everyone in Altitude.

My poor use of Freedom of Speech, isn't so poor, I will and can say anything I want, not that it can't be censored in a private chat fourm such as this is, but I have not said anything that would warrant that type of censorship, I'm not cursing wildly or raging at all, It is a very valid point that needs to be addressed, and my complains are not being posted in a game setting disrupting anyones game play. I would love to see how many of the people posting on here would react if the same was being done to them!!! " They would call for a kick and ultimately a ban IMO"
Old 07-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Since this seems to be related to ladder I'm moving it back to the appropriate subforum. I believe nobo just wanted you to take the discussion to a different thread, not another category.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM

I'd take you more seriously if not for your name.

XOXO,
Gossip Girl.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post

XOXO,
Gossip Girl
Hey, thats like my favorite show don't hate. I didn't like season 3 ending , season 2 ending was the best ^^.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Hey, thats like my favorite show don't hate. I didn't like season 3 ending , season 2 ending was the best ^^.
Hey man im not hatin. I think i saw seasons 1 and 2, they were hawt.
If we could have sigs in these forums i know what mine would be.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Hey man im not hatin. I think i saw seasons 1 and 2, they were hawt.
If we could have sigs in these forums i know what mine would be.
You haven't seen season 3?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
You haven't seen season 3?
i only saw two seasons, i dont know if i started from the beginning or not though. so it was either 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. probably 1 and 2 though. then i just stopped bc i broke up with the gf, and that was really my only excuse for watching it. is it worth the creative variations of the word gay i will be called to watch season 3?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
i only saw two seasons, i dont know if i started from the beginning or not though. so it was either 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. probably 1 and 2 though. then i just stopped bc i broke up with the gf, and that was really my only excuse for watching it. is it worth the creative variations of the word gay i will be called to watch season 3?
Me and Ingbo are both avid fans, its a bunch of hot girls being slutty with a side of drama llama how is that not appreciable for all genders?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 AM

Saw one episode. Felt like a pedo. Went to the shower to wash away the shame.
Nah, it's a decent show.
EDIT: Wow, they killed the white. O_O

Last edited by Evan20000; 07-16-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Me and Ingbo are both avid fans, its a bunch of hot girls being slutty with a side of drama llama how is that not appreciable for all genders?
It's like alti+girls-acne.

Why would you feel like a pedo? They're in college now s'all good, brah.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:01 AM

I was just making a troll attempt at Kuja hidden by white text. Unfortunately for me (But better in the grand scheme of things), white text has been nerfed. Don't believe me? Try it.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 AM

****************]You know you love me[/COLOR]
Teehee.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:15 AM

See? I approve of this. Gogo Pieface.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
It's like alti+girls-acne.

Why would you feel like a pedo? They're in college now s'all good, brah.
Jenny was without a doubt the best looking in season 3.

Georgina is my fave though so BA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84GP7VpmL8c&feature=fvst

Last edited by Kuja900; 07-16-2010 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 AM

i'm never going to look at guava the same way again
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
i'm never going to look at guava the same way again
Can I just leave this here? Link
Old 07-16-2010, 07:25 AM

On topic, there is no way anyone is dumb enough to think those screen shots represent some conspiracy to abuse the admin system in ladder.

I really can't respond to the OP beyond that statement in a manner that is well thought out or respectful, as s/he has still not apologized for the slander exhibited in the prior thread.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 AM

Elixer, stop derailing. Back on topic. Just saw Inception and it was really good. I recommend watching it.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Elixer, stop derailing. Back on topic. Just saw Inception and it was really good. I recommend watching it.
omg I am so excited for this movie.

Shutter Island was epic so I imagine this is equally good.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 PM

was it good? i was hoping it would be. the concept is so cool, but i feel like im usually let down by movies like that.

and kuj, jenny and blake lively wayy hotter than georgina.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
was it good? i was hoping it would be. the concept is so cool, but i feel like im usually let down by movies like that.

and kuj, jenny and blake lively wayy hotter than georgina.
Georgina isnt the hottest one just my favorite for her general bad assery.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:

XOXO,
Gossip Girl.
U must be drinking again lol
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Georgina isnt the hottest one just my favorite for her general bad assery.
Oh god a Gossip Girl Thread! Its like heaven

I'm going to see Inception tomorrow! I just hope he has some creativity left after directing The Dark Knight and The Prestige.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:38 PM

My ex got me into One Tree Hill. I can't say that I've kept up with it since we broke up...but I sadly actually liked the show when we watched it. That show can get surprisingly intense, like holy ****.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
My ex got me into One Tree Hill. I can't say that I've kept up with it since we broke up...but I sadly actually liked the show when we watched it. That show can get surprisingly intense, like holy ****.
girls are bat**** insane, fact.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootStraps View Post
Oh god a Gossip Girl Thread! Its like heaven

I'm going to see Inception tomorrow! I just hope he has some creativity left after directing The Dark Knight and The Prestige.
Oh snap I am seeing that tomorrow as well, we shall compare notes!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Oh snap I am seeing that tomorrow as well, we shall compare notes!
Seeing it tonight!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 PM

I'd say Inception is definitely better than both those movies. Apparently the basis for comparison is Nolan's other film, Memento, which I have yet to watch.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
I'd say Inception is definitely better than both those movies. Apparently the basis for comparison is Nolan's other film, Memento, which I have yet to watch.
Memento is insanely good.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 AM

Just saw inception. Amazing movie, absolutely incredible.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 AM

OMFG! I was Incepted!

That movie was awesome