Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 PM

Default assholes throwing games

hey nobo. do your job. People on ladder being losing on purpose

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/throwinggame.jpg/

Not sure about this one, but it sure says something about their effort. You be the judge.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5403/throw.jpg

Last edited by BootStraps; 07-17-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:49 PM

I don't want to have to play acid every time I ladder just because its my best plane.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 PM

ok so CCN ended up with a 1-15 ratio and did nothing in a game, sky vote kicked CCN in the lobby for this reason, goose comes in the game and sees the vote kick, he bans sky, sky is banned for no reason now.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
ok so CCN ended up with a 1-15 ratio and did nothing in a game, sky vote kicked CCN in the lobby for this reason, goose comes in the game and sees the vote kick, he bans sky, sky is banned for no reason now.
You know, apart from score 2 bomb hits.

When i started playing acid everyone told me over n over n over play laser play laser play laser. My bomb running needs to improve, and pubbies only take you so far.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:06 PM

Just another day in Altitude.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 PM

In that second screenshot after I said that I was going to play rev HC, but then decided to HC flexi instead since bomber wasn't working out.

Just for clarification.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
In that second screenshot after I said that I was going to play rev HC, but then decided to HC flexi instead since bomber wasn't working out.

Just for clarification.
Yes fu was fine

but yeah not only did sky throw the game he called a vote kick on a player basically because he doesnt like them.

sky has been banned already

/thread
Old 07-17-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
6) Initiating a votekick on a player for any reason other than something that is a bannable offense on this list.
This is why Sky was banned.

From what i observed of the game nobody was doing anything that looked to be intentionally throwing the game.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:39 PM

Default throwing game

boots i wrote throwing game about CNN ur talking about him right... and nobo i was banned by goose for 2 days for kicking CNN middle of the game and it was clearly after the game. and then after i raged at him he agreed with me then said ok i unbanned u i tryed to get in then he banned me for 10 days!!!!!! there needs to be something done about admin abuse. i was banned by some ACE dude for throwing game when i kinda did cause i had to go and CCN threw the game for sure so i waited till end of game then kicked him then banned.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
boots i wrote throwing game about CNN ur talking about him right... and nobo i was banned by goose for 2 days for kicking CNN middle of the game and it was clearly after the game. and then after i raged at him he agreed with me then said ok i unbanned u i tryed to get in then he banned me for 10 days!!!!!! there needs to be something done about admin abuse. i was banned by some ACE dude for throwing game when i kinda did cause i had to go and CCN threw the game for sure so i waited till end of game then kicked him then banned.
Wait so - you flat out admit to throwing the game by playing poorly - yet you don't see any reason why you're banned? It's clearly in the rules that one would get a ban for that...

Not sure about the CCN incident though. There have been numerous reports of him throwing the game / playing planes that suck despite being asked to switch to help out the team. Will talk more with the admins on that one.

Either way - you still threw the game and admitted to it - which is a perfectly justifiable ban.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 PM

i agree with sky
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Nobo does this out of the kindness of his heart I really don't think you have the right to be verbally abusive towards him.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:53 PM

He didn't threw the game today. He got banned for vote kicking CCN today in the lobby for throwing a game. Goose banned sky for 'kicking a player in mid-game' while it was clearly in the lobby and with a legit reason.

I'll stop here.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Default mike

mike i didnt throw this game i was banned like 3 weeks ago for throwing agame so i think i have the right to ban CCN for throwing the game
Old 07-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

It does not matter sky if you called the vote kick right after the game was over. The fact is you called the vote for the reason that CCN was apparently throwing the game because of his setup. According to Nobo's new rules, you cannot ban someone just because you think that they have a bad setup. He was actually trying when I was watching him. Thats why you got banned.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekjr14 View Post
It does not matter sky if you called the vote kick right after the game was over. The fact is you called the vote for the reason that CCN was apparently throwing the game because of his setup. According to Nobo's new rules, you cannot ban someone just because you think that they have a bad setup. He was actually trying when I was watching him. Thats why you got banned.
dude his setup wasnt awful but he did have rev on TA and repair when bombing so i agree that it was a bad setup but he threw the game not just cause of setup he didnt even spawn at some points
Old 07-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Alright well discussion will be had with the admins and I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
Alright well discussion will be had with the admins and I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for the clarification.
ok ty and btw im banned for 10 days not just 2 for arguing with goose im sorry i got so mad goose
Old 07-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Resolution:

Sky - your insults to goose and the rage were obviously uncalled for. However, your vote kick on CCN seems to have some justification behind it. I would like to point out that nobo did say in his rules to be EXTRA careful about vote kicking someone for playing deliberately bad because it could be turned against you. In the future please just take some screenshots and report to us if you have an issue with this. I am reducing your ban from 10 days to 2.

CCN - please be extra careful in the future about your plane combos. Consistently getting 1 or 2 kills a game and not switching when people ask is bordering on the purposeful throwing of the game. I was not there so I can't make any judgments but I have seen you playing some "out there" planes. While there is nothing wrong with that in and of itself, please try to be considerate of others in the future if they really feel like you're ruining the game for them.

Everyone else - Please stop posting rage comments and so forth. If you have an issue address it calmly. If you treat us nicely you'll find that we can be nice. However, if you treat us like dicks we will have no hesitation from judging you in that matter.

Last edited by mikesol; 07-18-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:31 AM

ty im sorry for my behavior
Old 07-18-2010, 12:41 AM

but i do kinda question why I have any ban but im sorry
Old 07-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
but i do kinda question why I have any ban but im sorry
You have a ban because of 2 reasons:

1) You were being nasty and threatening an admin.
2) There is a clear warning made by nobo that vote kicks for "throwing" a game better be completely sure that they were justified. As there is some contention over the issue, you were in the wrong. You should have sent us a message rather than vote kicking but I decided to be lenient as it was a close one to call.

Last edited by mikesol; 07-18-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Fail typing squillz
Old 07-18-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
You have a ban because of 2 reasons:

1) You were being nasty and threatening an admin.
2) There is a clear warning made by nobo that vote kicks for "throwing" a game better be completely sure that they were justified. As there is some contention over the issue, you were in the wrong. You should have sent us a message rather than vote kicking but I decided to be lenient as it was a close one to call.
ok that makes sense ty
Old 07-18-2010, 02:52 AM

admim try their best to understand so don't be so harsh =/ it might seem hard to believe but admin are people to so they might make mistakes if so just come on here and resolve it!

rawr

Last edited by A Nipple; 07-18-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

From learning the hard way through personal experience, I have learned simply just do not ever vote kick anyone in ladder for any reason. Simply talk to an admin or let someone else do the dirty work.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 AM

curious throws every game he plays in ladder.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
Pretty much this
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 AM

Okay, I will reign in my setups but if people yell at me for playing something like HC or Time anchor or trick (planes I have worked on) when im not doing bad at them I will still ignore them, if this is not an acceptable solution pls pm me what you think is a good way to go here.

Just like to point out it was 1 game in a string where I got 1-2 kills in a short game where i was constantly running the bomb. But I guess I can still see the point.

thank you for the clear resolution.

Last edited by CCN; 07-19-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
yea then he says HUGE FAIL all the time to be sarcastic but he really he meant to crash/die!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
yea then he says HUGE FAIL all the time to be sarcastic but he really he meant to crash/die!
yea he's annoying. HUGE FAIL spam is one of the most obnoxious things ever.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:52 AM

We should just make both ladder servers max 400 and have 1 server with controlled perks and one free of any restraints so that the crowd that doesn't want to play with bad setups in game still has a place to call their own. I'd assume most of the good players would go there since they are the ones that rage the most about noob setups.

Last edited by Stormich; 07-18-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
yea he's annoying. HUGE FAIL spam is one of the most obnoxious things ever.
No. The most obnoxious thing is "team" and "come on." Please say more useless comments.

Also, since nobo really does all this programming for free just for gits and shiggles AND he has made it pretty clear that he'd rather not take the lead on ladder conflict resolution, I really don't see why every whiny bitchfest has to be started with a thinly veiled criticism of his actions.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:48 PM

I meant to get round to putting a vote up on making ladder 1 lower ping. People ingame loved the idea well the majority! was thinking around 200 - 250! if someone can help me set a vote up I'll do it! and see if mr nobobo will concur =D
Old 07-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Resolution:

Sky - your insults to goose and the rage were obviously uncalled for. However, your vote kick on CCN seems to have some justification behind it. I would like to point out that nobo did say in his rules to be EXTRA careful about vote kicking someone for playing deliberately bad because it could be turned against you. In the future please just take some screenshots and report to us if you have an issue with this. I am reducing your ban from 10 days to 2.

CCN - please be extra careful in the future about your plane combos. Consistently getting 1 or 2 kills a game and not switching when people ask is bordering on the purposeful throwing of the game. I was not there so I can't make any judgments but I have seen you playing some "out there" planes. While there is nothing wrong with that in and of itself, please try to be considerate of others in the future if they really feel like you're ruining the game for them.

Everyone else - Please stop posting rage comments and so forth. If you have an issue address it calmly. If you treat us nicely you'll find that we can be nice. However, if you treat us like dicks we will have no hesitation from judging you in that matter.
I think the admins did a great job resolving this, and thank each of you very much! Taking the time to investigate all of the facts is all anyone could ask for. Also raging on Goose is like an automatic call for foul, b/s or what ever you want to call it!! If anyone knows Goose at all you would know that he is very fair, and always try's hard!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
We should just make both ladder servers max 400 and have 1 server with controlled perks and one free of any restraints so that the crowd that doesn't want to play with bad setups in game still has a place to call their own. I'd assume most of the good players would go there since they are the ones that rage the most about noob setups.
I support this idea. One server with restricted ping and setups would be a nice way to balance out the argument over perks. Perhaps make a special rule for the non-perkban ladder that allows more stringent prosecution of ragers (read: any prosecution of ragers, as there is none in the current ladders). As I have said before, the real threat to team cohesion in any situation, including ladder, is mouthy nerd ragers who type instead of playing and distract the rest of the team. Separate servers for the ragers would greatly alleviate this issue.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
Just another day in Altitude.
^^

10char