Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Default Loco converted to a team bomb map

Courtesy of sunshineduck, tbd_locomotion is now a team bomb map. Please provide feedback about this change in this thread.

If you wish to circumvent download times, download the map in the thread linked above, and then place the map in your altitude/maps directory. For fairness, please delay the start of the games until everyone has arrived, because for a short period of time some people will need to download before playing.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM

1 Vote to use old Loco, What will altitude be without the 45 minute grind fests?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 AM

Loco has produced the top four longest ladder games of all time, each over 40 minutes in length (the asteroids game's duration is incorrect, caused by a bug when the server's time jumps forward an hour for daylight saving's time).

First group of players to produce a 45+ minute game now that loco's out gets a cookie (just one, share amongst ten).
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Interesting stats

^--- was the bomb runner for the second shortest tbd ladder game of all time
Old 08-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
Loco has produced the top four longest ladder games of all time, each over 40 minutes in length (the asteroids game's duration is incorrect, caused by a bug when the server's time jumps forward an hour for daylight saving's time).

First group of players to produce a 45+ minute game now that loco's out gets a cookie (just one, share amongst ten).
in other news, the top 20 longest games have all been on neutral maps

coincidence?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
coincidence?
yeah probably
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Interesting stats

^--- was the bomb runner for the second shortest tbd ladder game of all time
kuja gets a cookie of his own.

congratulations.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

k, so first impressions upon playing one full 5v5 game and half a 4v4 game:

1. move the bomb spawns farther away from the base, it's pretty easy to unintentionally run directly into the bomb after spawning
2. noobo said something about making the ceiling higher? I thought it was fine since the ceiling doesn't do any damage, but if I can find dio's ceiling I guess I could try it. I don't know how to work parallaxes and stuff though.
3. games feel like they're also going to take a while regardless of how the bombs are set up. however, they're not as tedious anymore since you're actually getting team pushes going - it's not just 30 minutes of random DORPing anymore.
4. a big problem with the old loco was that it was impossible to get team pushes going because the middle was so hard to defend. team bombs and the new powerup in the middle solve this - mid is now a pretty easily defendable position and it's easier to coordinate pushes with team bombs
5. map plays in a very linear fashion - there's really only one viable route, although you can dink and dunk at the bottom route if you're trying to go for 10 damage. otherwise, you're really only going to be whoring mid for powerups and trying to get some shields for a base push.

all in all, it's still not a great map but at least it's much more fun to play than old loco
Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

ceiling update: it appears dio didn't actually make the ceiling bigger, he just made the horizontal aspect of the map smaller and bunched it all up. iirc redshift made the original background graphic, so if he wants to chip in, I'd be more than willing to kill a couple hours getting this parallax stuff figured out.

oh, and the increased file size was due to me exporting the map at a higher jpeg quality. updated version (only fix is bomb distance from base) is hurr.

Last edited by sunshineduck; 08-10-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I just reduced the height of the buildings, which I actually think makes more sense since performing that climb at the beginning is kind of annoying.

Glad to see someone on this map, btw. I feel kind of guilty for starting to work on it and then disappearing from the world.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM

so yeah, in the midst of all this reverse miranda warpwarp permaban glitchy stuff I ran into redshift today and he was kind enough to provide his original sky background that maimer refused to use or something. I removed maimer's artsy fartsy clouds that parallaxed, the end result is a map that runs a little more smoothly and looks better (at least imo) and has the added bonus of an extra 60 pixels of flying room in the tiny little crawlspace that used to be the top "lane".

the bombs are farther away from the bases than the current version noobo has uploaded on the ladder servers, and I increased the time on the bomb spawns from 20 to 25 seconds after complaints of 3-bomb pushes and the like.

also have been hearing complaints (well, complaint) of the middle item spawn being a bit too much and that there's too many items in that general area.. thoughts?

download here
Old 08-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
kuja gets a cookie of his own.

congratulations.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that was some pretty funny stuff
Old 08-21-2010, 04:37 PM

It seems that old loco is still on the ladder servers.

Just letting you know.