Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14
Default Genesis's Apology

I would like to fully and publicly apologize for my actions against Jrath's ban. I should not have lied about Jrath getting a clean bomb hit when he clearly did not and violated a specified rule to us about cheating in ladder. The reason that caused me to do this, to be honest, was for a laugh. Jrath wanted to do it for fun and when he did, we had a good laugh about it. It was funny and we all know it. We defended him becuase we think ladder was just too uptight. We were bored and wanted to have a little fun and just do the bomb hit to try to see if nobo would notice. Again I would like to apologize for my actions and I will never do it again.

Genesis
Old 08-13-2010, 05:09 AM

Default reply

It's good to see that you guy's apologized as Nobo requested. Nobo seems like a man of his word, and I hope to see ya in ladder soon.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekjr14 View Post
I would like to fully and publicly apologize for my actions against Jrath's ban. I should not have lied about Jrath getting a clean bomb hit when he clearly did not and violated a specified rule to us about cheating in ladder. The reason that caused me to do this, to be honest, was for a laugh. Jrath wanted to do it for fun and when he did, we had a good laugh about it. It was funny and we all know it. We defended him becuase we think ladder was just too uptight. We were bored and wanted to have a little fun and just do the bomb hit to try to see if nobo would notice. Again I would like to apologize for my actions and I will never do it again.

Genesis
Agreed with the bold text above.

Ladder administration sits idly by watching players, like elixir and kuja, criticize and spaz out at crappy players like myself.

These actions ruin my enjoyment of the game in violation of Rule 12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.

The atmosphere of the ladder is one in which player fun comes second to ladder rank. Laddering is ok, but would be made much more enjoyable if the administration would seek to make it a fun and happier playing environment.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:30 AM

wow a competitive environment puts winning first

hold the phone
Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 AM

Old 08-13-2010, 05:31 AM

bahaha i love that movie
Old 08-13-2010, 06:54 AM

You guys spend too much time on the forum.

Last edited by Fishibaron; 08-15-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Nazi style forum administration breathing down my neck to get me to shut up while using foul language as their excuse to ban
Old 08-15-2010, 07:35 AM

Fishi, please do allow me to kindly tell you to **** off.

It's pretty simple really, competitive players care enough about the game to create servers for other competitive players to enjoy. If you want to play competitively, come on in and blow **** up. If you want to stick your thumb up your ass and share lulz with your mumble pals, there is a pub server with your name on it, just waiting to deal with your ****.

Nobo brought the hammer down, as he should have and should continue to do. If you don't like how ladder is run and feel the need to publicly proclaim it, I hope you additionally have the constitution to stay the hell away from it and not ruin the experience for others.

That is all.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishibaron View Post
The atmosphere of the ladder is one in which player fun comes second to ladder rank.
It may surprise you, but some of us consider competition more fun than dicking around. If you don't like it, go to Official #1.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Look .. I'm one of the worst players in terms of current ladder rank for both TBD and Ball. While I do enjoy playing in the server, it could be better.

You ladderists have been discussing banning people for not using the correct / accepted plane perk builds and before you know it, I might get perma-banned just for being a bad player. So for those of who us who are still playing competitively, but losing, it would be nice to have a more relaxed / fun having atmosphere.

My mumble peoples are the only thing that makes playing with most of these Nazi Ladderites tolerable.

Lying and cheating should be punished, but the spirit of this incident was that of merriment and lolz, and that should be taken into account when determining the term of their punishment.

If we had players coming out of the woodwork, non stop 24 hour ladder gaming, then I suppose the ladder administration could afford to be cavalier with its bannings. However, I think the total player count is still well under 1000 total and there are many times when there are not enough players to make a ladder game.

So while we are still relatively small, maybe lightening up would not be such a bad idea.

Also to nasty manatee ... I have no beef with you, so wtf?
Elixir, Kuja and I have history so they probably read my post and shrugged it off. I was in no way calling you a feltched ***hole.

Last edited by Fishibaron; 08-16-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 AM

"Reason: Nazi style forum administration breathing down my neck to get me to shut up while using foul language as their excuse to ban "

No, just no. I saw the original post, you were CLEARLY in violation of the terms of service. The mods are doing their jobs. If your sense of reality is so warped that you can't see that, the rest of the "argument" isn't even worth reading.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Yep. And then I get this from Fishi in a PM:

Quote:
While I fully appreciate that you seek to silence those people's opinions that differ from your own...
As I replied to him, if you break the forum rules, you deserve an infraction. It has nothing to do with my opinion, since plenty of forum members won't agree with everything I think. I don't have time or interest to police the forums for opinion-haters. The rules are clear about inappropriate language.

I gave you the least possible infraction, Fishi, so you really don't need to insult me like that.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 AM

I wish the average age in this community was at least 15 or 16.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCM View Post
I wish the average age in this community was at least 15 or 16.
Me too, 44 years of age and up are too old. especially for these silly 2 dimensional games.

@tgleaf: in other words, Fishi doesn't like u.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Yep. And then I get this from Fishi in a PM:

As I replied to him, if you break the forum rules, you deserve an infraction. It has nothing to do with my opinion, since plenty of forum members won't agree with everything I think. I don't have time or interest to police the forums for opinion-haters. The rules are clear about inappropriate language.

I gave you the least possible infraction, Fishi, so you really don't need to insult me like that.
Taken entirely out of context... the entire message that I wrote to tgleaf was:

Originally Posted by Fishibaron
While I fully appreciate that you seek to silence those people's opinions that differ from your own, I suppose retyping words to get around the forum filter was a bit extreme. So, no worries, I wont do that again.

Yes, the first part is not so friendly, but the rest is to assure him that I will comply with forum rules in the future. If anything, I think that my response was something that a good forum administrator would appreciate, but instead like a true forum troll tgleaf takes what I say out of context and uses to flame me on a post that he had nothing to do with except for the fact that he acted as a forum admin on it.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
"Reason: Nazi style forum administration breathing down my neck to get me to shut up while using foul language as their excuse to ban "

No, just no. I saw the original post, you were CLEARLY in violation of the terms of service. The mods are doing their jobs. If your sense of reality is so warped that you can't see that, the rest of the "argument" isn't even worth reading.
I agree that typing similar characters to those in swear words to circumvent forum profanity filters was a bit extreme and I told tgleaf in private that I will not be doing that in the future. As you can see I am a junior member of the forum and don't post here very often.

So my sense of reality is not warped and I would appreciate it if you would take the time to hear me out. Or you can just go on being "part of the elite" and "bury your head in the sand" and don't forget to "sarcastically use qoutes to get your point across".

But those things would be "idiotic"

Sinstar don't be an elitist you will just end up killing your own game.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 AM

i lol'd at fishi thinking he is terrible at this game
Old 08-16-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyManatee View Post
Fishi, please do allow me to kindly tell you to **** off.

It's pretty simple really, competitive players care enough about the game to create servers for other competitive players to enjoy. If you want to play competitively, come on in and blow **** up. If you want to stick your thumb up your ass and share lulz with your mumble pals, there is a pub server with your name on it, just waiting to deal with your ****.

Nobo brought the hammer down, as he should have and should continue to do. If you don't like how ladder is run and feel the need to publicly proclaim it, I hope you additionally have the constitution to stay the hell away from it and not ruin the experience for others.

That is all.
This is pro, i also lol'd even though its not supposed to be funny,
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
I agree that typing similar characters to those in swear words to circumvent forum profanity filters was a bit extreme and I told tgleaf in private that I will not be doing that in the future.
Glad to hear.
As you can see I am a junior member of the forum and don't post here very often.
Postcount only tracks the amount of spam you put out here. 20 useful posts are better then 2000 worthless posts.

So my sense of reality is not warped and I would appreciate it if you would take the time to hear me out.
Calling/comparing the moderators to nazis because you got infracted (and agreed the infraction was called for) isn't warped? I must be missing something here...
Or you can just go on being "part of the elite" and "bury your head in the sand" and don't forget to "sarcastically use qoutes to get your point across".
Alright, this is really getting obnoxious. If anyone takes a contrary stance to your position, you automatically assume that they're bandwagoning with someone else, regardless of whatever points they present. You're suggesting a very radical change in ladder structure and you apparently expect everyone to nod their heads. Argument and disagreement is inevitable in times of proposed change. You're trying to make yourself look oppressed when scrutinized by comparing the mods to an oppressing force that neither you, I, or likely anyone here can even comprehend considering we're in the 21st century. You also fail to realize that the mods are watching this forum only out of the goodness of their hearts and without compensation.
But those things would be "idiotic"
Your attempts at Sunaku sarcasm don't suit you....

Sinstar don't be an elitist you will just end up killing your own game.
If you read up, I haven't even posted my stance on this; merely called you out in an unfair assessment of the hardworking moderators. This shows you're stereotyping me into the rest of the "elitist" (as you put it) squad. But onto your actual point, the administration of ladder has been quite reasonable. Mikesol/Nobo are two of the most unbiased admins I've ever seen and are more then fair. If one or two people are troubling you, just mute them. That's what the button is for. You know as well as I do complaining about players who haven't broken the rules doesn't get anything done in the long run.
Onetwothreefourfivesixseveneightnineten
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 AM

Actually Sinstar .. what you did is tell everyone else to disregard me based off of a partial qoute that you were not privy to, nor did you fully understand. Then you tried to belittle my post by calling it an "argument", in qoutes.

I appreciate what the moderators do and that they volunteer themselves here, but really tgleaf made a mistake to only qoute me on part of my private message to him in a post that he had nothing to do with.

So, after reading what you've had to say, I will agree that this is getting stupid and I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you thought I was completely anti-moderator.

Last edited by Fishibaron; 08-16-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
So for those of who us who are still playing competitively, but losing, it would be nice to have a more relaxed / fun having atmosphere.

Lying and cheating should be punished, but the spirit of this incident was that of merriment and lolz, and that should be taken into account when determining the term of their punishment.

If we had players coming out of the woodwork, non stop 24 hour ladder gaming, then I suppose the ladder administration could afford to be cavalier with its bannings. However, I think the total player count is still well under 1000 total and there are many times when there are not enough players to make a ladder game.

Also to nasty manatee ... I have no beef with you, so wtf?
Elixir, Kuja and I have history so they probably read my post and shrugged it off. I was in no way calling you a feltched ***hole.

The fact that I am allowed to rightfully call you and others the vapid wastes of space when you waste my time with poor play is a testament to the freedom allowed within the rules. People comparing the ladder administration to a nazi regime are really ****ing stupid. For us actually competitive player our fun is in high quality games not in a "lulzy atmosphere", that **** can head on over to official 3. The fact they thought it would be funny to abuse in a rated game just makes it all the more gross and their bans all the more justifiable.

edit: we have no history lol I reported you for circling for 5 minutes in a ladder game and you got an overly lax what was it 2 day ban? woopdeedoo

Last edited by Kuja900; 08-16-2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:11 AM

i didn't report him for it but fishi spent 1 game in ladder grabbing our bomb...in a bomber. when multiple players asked him to stop he said "i like running in a bomber"

that's how classy these guys are

ban them all
Old 08-16-2010, 05:17 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
For us actually competitive player our fun is in high quality games not in a "lulzy atmosphere", that **** can head on over to official 3. The fact they thought it would be funny to abuse in a rated game just makes it all the more gross and their bans all the more justifiable.
If high quality competitive play is fun for you and you can't stand bad players, get off your lazy ass and organise some scrims with your team against some others. If the Ladder is public, abusing people for playing there because they're not as good as you is a dick move.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
i didn't report him for it but fishi spent 1 game in ladder grabbing our bomb...in a bomber. when multiple players asked him to stop he said "i like running in a bomber"

ban them all
Yea i don't remember that ... ask anyone I play noob loopy.

You and Kuja are consistently dickish to other players and you ruin the environment for those less skilled than yourselves. You should consider that your arrogance and elitism will eventually kill your own game.

My only appeal is that you all consider the golden rule and stop being dicks.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
we have no history lol I reported you for circling for 5 minutes in a ladder game and you got an overly lax what was it 2 day ban? woopdeedoo
No Kuja .... here's what you did:

you consistently rode me about failing as a double shot loopy bomb runner when you failed to provide proper support to me as a whale in a TBD game where drunk guava was dominating us all with a ratio of something like 20:5. Despite numerous attempts to tell you to lay off of me you continued to belittle and demean me, finally calling me a "C*NT". Once you opened the vulgarity bottle I decided to teach you how to really swear and told you exactly what kind of dick you were. In order to tell you this I needed to type to you and you needed to type to me as we fought. Then you tried to tell the ladder admins that I purposely threw the game by typing to you when really that never would have happened had you just not been such a dick. Ultimately, the admins gave me a 2 day ban because I used excessive vulgarity.

You joined our mumble channel once or twice and despite being called-out by me you refused to finish what you started because you are a cowardly shim who didn't want to come tumbling out of the closet on mumble where everyone would hear your prepubescent pea-brained weak boy voice.

Don't even try to talk to me about freedom of speech, because there is little of it here, and the little of it that does exist ... exists only for the forum mods/ladder admins and other elitist friends of friends.

Kuja, until you man up and just admit that you were too scared to talk **** with me or that I did get under your skin so much that you just had to have me banned, then I will never be able to respect you. Because, even though you are in reality a man, you act like a little C*, as you would put it.

Last edited by Fishibaron; 08-16-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
If high quality competitive play is fun for you and you can't stand bad players, get off your lazy ass and organise some scrims with your team against some others. If the Ladder is public, abusing people for playing there because they're not as good as you is a dick move.
Here, here, Thank you friend.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 AM

So lets start at the beginning shall we?

1) Nazism was a hyper-nationalistic and extremely conservative political movement that started in a Germany that was broke and ****ed over. Basically, Hitler and other prominent Nazis used the fear and hate of the general populace to take power and impose their own agenda in politics. And in this case, Hitler via the Nazis took his own ****ed up personal antisemitism, combined it with the traditional 1000 year old antisemitism and used a country's political system to systematically torture and kill tens of millions of people AND start a war that wiped out about 1/3 of the male population of Europe. So when you call someone a Nazi, you're comparing them to the people largely responsible for the biggest travesty in the last century and maybe human history. And anyways, its a misuse of the word. The Nazis were not really known for stringent laws and censorship. You'd be much better off calling us say, Stalinists, North Koreans, or even Spanish Inquisitors. Unless we're trying to kill all the Jews. Then you might be able to get away with calling us Nazis. Get with the program kid.

2) You and a ton of other people need to learn how to take some butthurt in ladder, especially in TBD. Please understand that a lot of us have been playing Altitude for a year or two and the only real enjoyment we get from this game anymore is basically from ladder and leagues. So when 2 explos and a loopy can't stop a lone bomb runner and you're playing with some of the more vocal vets, you're probably going to hear something you don't want to hear. And anyways, most of the stuff these ragers say usually has an ounce of truth in it so if you can take a step back, take it for what it is, you can usually get some good feedback about your play. (Note: This isn't always true. The ragers aren't always good players and aren't always right) Compared to ball ladder where every other comment is "cmon," "team," and "wtf" I think tbd is a goddamn sanctuary. And trolling Kuja right back is hilarious.

Anyways, you and the rest of the self-entitled kids who just want to come in here with your passive-aggressive bull**** really has just become kind of a joke. Nobo isn't your code-monkey. The admins are there to maintain a competitive enviroment, not protect you from being bullied on the playground. But in the end, I really think this is going to fall on deaf ears but meh, gotta get my nerd on.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Yea i don't remember that ... ask anyone I play noob loopy.

You and Kuja are consistently dickish to other players and you ruin the environment for those less skilled than yourselves. You should consider that your arrogance and elitism will eventually kill your own game.

My only appeal is that you all consider the golden rule and stop being dicks.
ur the only one insulting ppl here

and i'm surprised you don't remember it genesis even admitted you were laughing about it on mumble

tho u guys do so much classy stuff you probably forget most of it
Old 08-16-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:

Don't even try to talk to me about freedom of speech, because there is little of it here, and the little of it that does exist ... exists only for the forum mods/ladder admins and other elitist friends of friends.
Let's address this too.

I'm copying this from the TL forum that I just joined so I can get good at SC2 that I'm starting to think sections of the Altitude forums need to start copying.

"6. THOU SHALL RESPECT FORUM VETERANS
All other things being equal, we will give preferential treatment to site members who have been with us longer (as reflected in their post count + length of time with us as a registered member). It's a simple recognition of the quality of these people. Longevity and contribution are prized commodities around here. In a similar vein, "known" pro/semi-pro players will also be treated with deference (yes, quite a few hang out here). Don't complain - these guys have earned it.

Remember: we ban little kids all the time because they sign on thinking they can say and do whatever they want to whomever they want right from the get-go - just like they're used to doing at other sites. That attitude won't work here. That's a promise. As far as new users are concerned (i.e. anyone with less than 1000 or so quality posts to their name), this site is Holy Ground. The veterans are the users who've consistently shown respect to the site and to others and that's why they're still here. Show them some respect.

In practice, this policy means a user who has thousands of posts may be able to get away with a few minor transgressions in etiquette with just a warning. If you're at 50 posts and you try the same kind of stunt, then we may just ban you. Harsh? Yes. Unfair? Most definitely. But that's the way life is. Learn to live with it.

This also means you should think twice before calling that guy with 5000+ posts a jackass. If the guy's been with us that long, chances are YOU'RE the one being an idiot. Some battles are just not worth fighting - just move on."

Source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...id=17883#cmd06

So basically in relation to Altitude, replace forum post count with general respect among the vets.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
No Kuja .... here's what you did:

you consistently rode me about failing as a double shot loopy bomb runner when you failed to provide proper support to me as a whale in a TBD game where drunk guava was dominating us all with a ratio of something like 20:5. Despite numerous attempts to tell you to lay off of me you continued to belittle and demean me, finally calling me a "C*NT". Once you opened the vulgarity bottle I decided to teach you how to really swear and told you exactly what kind of dick you were. In order to tell you this I needed to type to you and you needed to type to me as we fought. Then you tried to tell the ladder admins that I purposely threw the game by typing to you when really that never would have happened had you just not been such a dick. Ultimately, the admins gave me a 2 day ban because I used excessive vulgarity.

You joined our mumble channel once or twice and despite being called-out by me you refused to finish what you started because you are a cowardly shim who didn't want to come tumbling out of the closet on mumble where everyone would hear your prepubescent pea-brained weak boy voice.

Kuja, until you man up and just admit that you were too scared to talk **** with me or that I did get under your skin so much that you just had to have me banned, then I will never be able to respect you. Because, even though you are in reality a man, you act like a little C*, as you would put it.
1. You have a very skewed recollection of the events of that game.

2. When you make retarded runs with no advantage or reason to push when you do damn right I am not going throw my life away along with you. You wonder why he had such a high ratio when you kept suiciding into their line like a muppet with our bomb, really?

3. You circled for like 5minutes saying **** about refusing to play and that what you got banned for and I can promise you that if you and drunkguava were not on good terms it would have been much longer. I chose to not even make a forum post about it at his request and because it was not worth my time.

4. I don't have a microphone and if I did why would I couldn't possibly reply as I was far too busy laughing my ass off at the guy who got so butthurt over a 2 day ladder ban.

5. Freedom of speech is absolutely here you can say almost whatever you want provided you avoid excessive ad hominem attacks.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:

ban them all
So if you decide that Fishi doesn't need to take the bomb, that all should follow King Elixir's orders?, the King of ladder, the one that if he say's something, and you don't hop to it, they should be banned? wow!! you give yourself way too much credit.

LOL, and you have the nerve to talk about someone's lack of class!!!!!!!! I have so many screen shots of you cursing and acting like a 3 year old Elixir, and by the way you shout ban ban ban about everything, I MEAN EVERY SINGLE THING!!! The only problem is you violate the ladder rules as much if not more than anyone that I have ever seen with your baby like actions, by causing many to have a terrible experience in the server when you are there. The rules apply to you also Elixir. May be you should clean your own back yard before you start on others.

What is so funny is that every time you open your mouth, you prove my point exactly, and what is even more funny is you are so close the admins every time you start doing that, and I point that out so others can realize how you act, BANG the thread suddenly gets closed so you can't embarrass yourself any further. LOL Elixir I really feel sorry for you, I have heard that you are not some teen aged kid, I hear that your are old enough to be considered an adult even though It appears that you cant seem to catch up to your age with your actions. I think that you should give a public apology to every player in Ladder for your juvenile actions.

I can't wait to here what you have to say in response to this criticism. But one thing is certain, you can dish it out but you can't take it!!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
The fact that I am allowed to rightfully call you and others the vapid wastes of space when you waste my time with poor play is a testament to the freedom allowed within the rules.
I disagree with you here. As I stated above Rule 12 disallows the following:

"12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder."

Even further Rule 11 does not allow excessive trash talking:

"11) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players."

See http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3294

You are consistently hateful and rude to players and you choose to belittle and demean them for their play so much and so often that it rises above normal conduct and does cause a negative experience for those who you choose to torment. However, this rule does not get enforced against you because you are in with the elitist crowd and as I hear it you were recently named a ladder admin.

Please consider that the recent reverse wall bomb cheating incident and the subsequent forum malfeasance all fall under general catch-all rule 12 violations and to this point (although nobo has indicated this may change) they have resulted in 20 year ladder bans for the offenders.

My entire point in these posts has been to point out that a group of happy laughing merry makers are getting 20 year bans while disgruntled angry trolls that are equally guilty under the same rule, like yourself, are promoted to admin.

Nobo should consider that in his final determination of the violator's bans and also should consider the damaging impact that your kind of rudeness has on the server and our game. We have a small player base and you are only making it smaller.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGirl View Post
So if you decide that Fishi doesn't need to take the bomb, that all should follow King Elixir's orders?, the King of ladder, the one that if he say's something, and you don't hop to it, they should be banned? wow!! you give yourself way too much credit.

LOL, and you have the nerve to talk about someone's lack of class!!!!!!!! I have so many screen shots of you cursing and acting like a 3 year old Elixir, and by the way you shout ban ban ban about everything, I MEAN EVERY SINGLE THING!!! The only problem is you violate the ladder rules as much if not more than anyone that I have ever seen with your baby like actions, by causing many to have a terrible experience in the server when you are there. The rules apply to you also Elixir. May be you should clean your own back yard before you start on others.

What is so funny is that every time you open your mouth, you prove my point exactly, and what is even more funny is you are so close the admins every time you start doing that, and I point that out so others can realize how you act, BANG the thread suddenly gets closed so you can't embarrass yourself any further. LOL Elixir I really feel sorry for you, I have heard that you are not some teen aged kid, I hear that your are old enough to be considered an adult even though It appears that you cant seem to catch up to your age with your actions. I think that you should give a public apology to every player in Ladder for your juvenile actions.

I can't wait to here what you have to say in response to this criticism. But one thing is certain, you can dish it out but you can't take it!!
wat

i mean

are you trying to defend someone's right to bomb run in a heavy plane in ladder

i mean

come on kparis
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
ur the only one insulting ppl here

and i'm surprised you don't remember it genesis even admitted you were laughing about it on mumble

tho u guys do so much classy stuff you probably forget most of it
elixir you are one of the worst in-game trash talkers ... I know who you are, I know who you were ... you can shed your name and try to act differently here on the forums, but I'm never going to let you forget who you really are.

See me in-game for a full explanation of that.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
I never abuse anyone for not being as good as me. There are some very simply things every player can do to improve their teams results that involve little to no skill. Using the right planes for the right roles, using a balanced plane comp, hitting s to not hand the other team bombs, not running the bomb with a heavy plane, not pushing when you have no support and 5 guys spamming waiting for you, pushing out ahead with the bomb when you have 4 teammates to assist behind you, etc. Its when people don't do these simple things that dramatically improve your team's results that I lose my temper. Skill level is completely irrelevant to any and every request I make.

edit: oh the one exception would be letting a bomb hit when its 1v4 I did not realize that much skill was required in that situation
Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
are you trying to defend someone's right to bomb run in a heavy plane in ladder
Once again, in ladder, I am almost exclusively a double shot/hard armor/turbo loopy ... I really think you have this wrong.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Once again, in ladder, I am almost exclusively a double shot/hard armor/turbo loopy ... I really think you have this wrong.
i really don't have it wrong

the map was bowserscastle and it was you, me, stack, and 2 others who i cannot remember
Old 08-16-2010, 06:08 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Here, here, Thank you friend.
If I'm your friend now then take some friendly advice; stop arguing. I'm glancing over your posts and the gist I'm getting is you're complaining about free speech and the right to not be bullied or something. If that's correct, you obviously have free speech because you can say things like

KUJA IS A SHEMALE

and not get taken to the docks with a bag over your head and shot with a silenced pistol, or even worse, have your post edited out. On the subject of e-bullying, it's an occupational hazard of being a keyboard warrior, we all learn to deal with it

Even if there WAS a lack of free speech and right to play how you like, which I imagine was your original point, arguing with Kuja will accomplish absoloutely nothing; Kuja is very strongly opinionated and the only way to possibly make Kuja's opinion yours is to provide cold hard irrefutable factual evidence, not convince Kuja with wordplay; and even if you do don't bet all your chickens on Kuja yielding. Arguing with Kuja just makes you look stupid, because arguing in general makes you look stupid, and because Kuja is very special.

If you're worried about your right to play on ladder being threatened talk to someone who actually has real power and right over it like Nobodyhome. If you think you are being abused talk to the people who run the game like Lamster or Karl. Whatever you do, stop competing in the 1000m Lethal Arguing event
Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
elixir you are one of the worst in-game trash talkers ... I know who you are, I know who you were ... you can shed your name and try to act differently here on the forums, but I'm never going to let you forget who you really are.

See me in-game for a full explanation of that.
i change my name like every 2 weeks the current one is actually my original name lol everyone knows who it is
Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I disagree with you here. As I stated above Rule 12 disallows the following:

"12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder."

Even further Rule 11 does not allow excessive trash talking:

"11) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players."

See http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3294

You are consistently hateful and rude to players and you choose to belittle and demean them for their play so much and so often that it rises above normal conduct and does cause a negative experience for those who you choose to torment. However, this rule does not get enforced against you because you are in with the elitist crowd and as I hear it you were recently named a ladder admin.

Please consider that the recent reverse wall bomb cheating incident and the subsequent forum malfeasance all fall under general catch-all rule 12 violations and to this point (although nobo has indicated this may change) they have resulted in 20 year ladder bans for the offenders.

My entire point in these posts has been to point out that a group of happy laughing merry makers are getting 20 year bans while disgruntled angry trolls that are equally guilty under the same rule, like yourself, are promoted to admin.

Nobo should consider that in his final determination of the violator's bans and also should consider the damaging impact that your kind of rudeness has on the server and our game. We have a small player base and you are only making it smaller.
Hah under rule 12 your refusal to follow conventional play is ruining my experience turn about is fair play. Also moderators warn players when their trash talk reaches excessive levels I don't cross the line.
Closed Thread