Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:49 AM

Default BootStraps Decree with Regards to Apology

In August 2010, NobodyHome stated: “Jrath, Gen, Distraction and Clap are all permabanned from ladder .” But in Altitude today, we see a free world that has achieved a level of prosperity and well-being unprecedented in all Altitude. In the Altitude Ladder world, we see failure, technological backwardness, declining standards of administrators, even want of the most basic kind--too little order. Even today, the Ladder System still cannot blossom. After these seven months, then, there stands before the entire world one great and inescapable conclusion: Freedom leads to prosperity. Freedom replaces the ancient hatreds among the players with comity and peace. Freedom is the victor.
Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends. And so even though we face the difficulties of bans today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Altitude dream. I have a dream that one day Altitude players will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all players are created equal. "I have a dream that one day on the gray rocks of Asteroids, the administrators and the lowly altitude players will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even Ladder, a place sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
And now the Ladder Administrators themselves may, in a limited way, be coming to understand the importance of freedom. We hear much from NobodyHome about a new policy of reform and openness. Some perma bans and bans have been released. Certain abusive player’s conduct are no longer being supported. Some Altitude players have been permitted to operate with greater freedom from state control.
Are these the beginnings of profound changes in Ladder? Or are they token gestures, intended to raise false hopes in players, or to strengthen the Ladder system without changing it? We, players, welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of player liberty can only strengthen the cause of Ladder peace. There is one gesture the Ladder Administrators can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.
"Major General NobodyHome, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Ladder System and Altitude, if you seek success: Come here to Ladder! Mr. NobodyHome, reset Ladder!*Mr. NobodyHome, tear down these bans!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:05 AM

Freedom only works when you don't do other people wrong.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Says the guy who frequently gets drunk and bans, kicks, and flames random players.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 AM

What the hell is this?
Closed Thread