Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM

Default ban

hello my fellow players i logged on today and found out I have a 50 day ban in ladder for "leaving a game" now my computer was plugged in and my computer said it had %58 charge i hit "f" at the lobby then all of a sudden my computer died and now im using my sisters computer she temporarily let me borrow till monday when a new charger comes in.I can guarantee you thaty I did not leave during a game. I might have been one of the 10 but i never entered the server after i got disconected, my computer died. Not only this, but that it is 50 days. Ive gotten banned like 5 times now with this one. 2/5 have been legit because I had to go during a game and eventually i just left, i got banned no big deal. once i kicked a player in the lobby for throwing the game which every one agreed with me. Im disapointed in the ladder admins, if someone tells you (as a admin) so or so left you cannot just ban them because I can guarantee my computer died in the lobby. If this is not overturned I am very disapointed in the ladder system. if Smushface could explain my ban alittle further, and have some good evidence then I will be ok with it.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 PM

stop making threads about this, start making posts in the ladder thread about this. kthxbai.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM

dealwithit
Old 10-08-2010, 11:18 PM

Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 PM

* Total Posts: 3,003
* Posts Per Day: 7.47
* Find all posts by Evan20000
* Find all threads started by Evan20000

just crazy
Old 10-08-2010, 11:22 PM

There's a fine line between contributing and spamming and I crossed it long ago
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 PM

guys im ****ing serious im not dealing with a 50 day ban for something i didnt do
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
i hit "f" at the lobby then all of a sudden my computer died and now im using my sister
if you hit f at the lobby that means you consented to being in the next game when it gets voted in, and you are responsible for whatever you happen

Quote:
Not only this, but that it is 50 days. Ive gotten banned like 5 times now with this one. 2/5 have been legit because I had to go during a game and eventually i just left, i got banned no big deal. once i kicked a player in the lobby for throwing the game which every one agreed with me.
see if you haven't been banned 5 times before (i think no one has been banned that many times without getting permabanned) then we might be inclined to give you a smaller ban or no ban at all. having 2 bans that not even you dispute makes me very uninclined to reduce this (most people don't even have 2). you say "no big deal" to those 2 bans when in fact they are a big deal because without them you would have only been banned 10-15 days for this, max.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:26 PM

wow honestly nobo so if i hit f to get in (computer at %58 or so and my computer randomly dies im responsible what kinda rule is that come on man srsly.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to leave my take but hopefully Smush will eventually weigh in with further clarification.

According to our records, you stated 18 minutes before joining the game that you'd have to leave in 20 minutes. You then proceeded to join the next game anyway, and left the server while the map was loading. The game in question was this one:
http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=7227&mode=0

Note that the system didn't say you left because the reporting due to ping kicks and lost connection still doesn't work 100%. Either that or because you left during the map change, the ladder code didn't pick you up as leaving midgame.

That's the information we're working from at the moment. The harshness of the ban stemmed from the fact you'd already been banned 5 times before: none of which you reported as unfair here.

Last edited by Pieface; 10-09-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 AM

i agree pie i said i had to go n 18 min to get people to go in cause people werent joining and we had 11 plus i PMed admins about the other ones, but ty for some clarfacation on the situation
Old 10-09-2010, 04:06 AM

So Pie and Nobo touched upon a few things briefly.

Let me tell you how I viewed the situation when I first handed out the ban.

The game or two before this one (http://www.altitudeladder.net/match....7&mode=tbd_5v5) you say, 'Quickly, I have 18 minutes left, let's play.' I'm the witness.

So a little bit later, the Heights game comes up. We start to play, 4v4, there's an early bomb, and we realize that our fifth isn't coming. But since there's a bomb hit, we don't restart and the game continues as is. Afterwards, I looked up who the missing player was to ban him.

I find out it was you and check the ban records to see how long the ban should be.

Let's go through your ban record:

1) "Banned 3 days for brbing 1 game and, I **** you not, taking a dump in the middle of 2nd." [2 Rule 4 violations]

2) "Banned 2 days for willingly causing his team to lose, quote before game “Have to go in 9 minutes”" --> Soon after was pushed down to a warning because you promised you were playing the game of your life. [A very legitimate application of Rule 12, but yea just a warning]

3) "banned 10 days for initiating a votekick on another player who had not committed a bannable offense." --> Later reduced to 2 days and a warning. [Rule 6]

4) "7 day ban 2nd offense calling vote in game to kick player" [Rule 6]

5) "banned 2 days for leaving mid-game. Repeat offender, but got off with a warning last time." [Rule 1]

6) " 7 days for leaving midgame (multi offender)" [Rule 1]

So before my ban, you have received 5 bans and several warnings. Probably more warnings than stated above, because warnings aren't usually reported.

So when I see someone who just deliberately joined a game he knew he had to leave AND then see that they've already received 5 bans and several warnings, I'm thinking that these short bans aren't really getting through. So yea, for your 6th Ban, you get a nice long vacation from ladder.

But if I take everything you say as truth. That is,
A) Your laptop mysteriously shut itself down and could not be powered back on or be connected to a power source.
B) You didn't press F to join the game, ladder magically added you to the game.
C) You were just joking around about having to leave in 18 minutes even though you left about 18 minutes after saying that statement.

Then I can see why you think this is a harsh ban.

So let me know what you think Sky. Tell me that you were telling the truth. That you know, computers suddenly became sentient and are trying to screw you over because you're the future John Connor. Tell me how disappointed you are in failing to do our jobs as ladder admins. Please. Make some sort of argument based in reason, fact, and logic. I'm pretty unsympathetic to whining so it's unlikely that I will let you off with just another warning. Try a different tactic cause personally, I'd like to see you in ladder again. I just don't think you're getting the point of bans.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
I'm going to leave my take but hopefully Smush will eventually weigh in with further clarification.

According to our records, you stated 18 minutes before joining the game that you'd have to leave in 20 minutes. You then proceeded to join the next game anyway, and left the server while the map was loading. The game in question was this one:
http://www.altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=7227&mode=0

Note that the system didn't say you left because the reporting due to ping kicks and lost connection still doesn't work 100%. Either that or because you left during the map change, the ladder code didn't pick you up as leaving midgame.

That's the information we're working from at the moment. The harshness of the ban stemmed from the fact you'd already been banned 4 times before: none of which you reported as unfair here.
Yeah I was with you sky til I read this.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
B) You didn't press F to join the game, ladder magically added you to the game.
i blame the ladder gnomes
Old 10-09-2010, 05:02 AM

Quote:
guys im ****ing serious im not dealing with a 50 day ban for something i didnt do
here's the problem.
You are looking at each ban infraction separately "I had to go so I took a 2 day ban no big deal.". Then you did this like 5 times. It's not that its leave = 2 day ban, its leave = 2 day ban for first offense and then it increases. By the time you're on your 6th ban and still doing it, I don't see how you can expect just to get a slap on the wrist.

Admins are clear in that repeat offenders get longer terms,
though i guess they could of made your previous infractions a bit longer in a more step up program.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:03 AM

yeah, you know the drill sky
Old 10-09-2010, 07:31 AM

Hurri, I like my simplistic one.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:56 AM

Smush you have just become my new favorite admin, besides me ofcourse
Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Not that I really have much to add but I wanted to point out you left all the time when i first started ladder and were one of the reasons i eventually stopped playing as you left in 3 of the games I had you on my team in. Those situations weren't even recorded and you didn't get a ban for them as far as I know.

The sucky part about having so many bans is that if something legit comes up like what you say - its hard to believe you or just ignore it. - perhaps it might be shortened if the other admins felt like you've changed in the next few weeks - and weren't just taking the offenses lightly.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:30 PM

The problem is, you're too lenient with reducing bans. Let the wrongdoers suffer for the original time.

I say this with the smug satisfaction of one who never leaves ladder midgame, excepting a handful of connection issues. :P
Old 10-09-2010, 08:42 PM

ty all for clearing things up. I think smushes last paragraph was a little harsh, and i did hit f to go in i said that i did and i sware my computer died and im on my sisters computer and my new charger comes on monday/tuesday. I dont know if u guys have noticed but i havent been on besids once yesterday to tell class i might not make it to apl. I feel like as a kid compared to most of u guys i am bad at online interaction. I dont have as much experience. This has helped me and I hope to be better if a situation happens that I really did do something wrong I tell you all. I voted to kick ccn once in the lobby definately and he threw the game, this is after i "threw" ffl ball pretournament. Im sorry for my bad behavior, but i Sware (u dont have to believe me) that my computer broke after i did hit F to get in ladder and I had no intentions of ruining a game in ladder.

No harsh feeling ccn sorry i have to bring this up, im way over it, it just keeps coming up. I was a dick at that game anyway.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM

Default honestly

I am not seddled with this 46 day ban this is rediculous i have to wait to play ladder for 7 weeks to play ladder for something i didnt do! there is not even evidence, i didnt do anything this isridiculous
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I am not seddled with this 46 day ban this is rediculous i have to wait to play ladder for 7 weeks to play ladder for something i didnt do! there is not even evidence, i didnt do anything this isridiculous
Spend the 7 weeks studying grammar. You'll be better off.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

also practice being less of a giant douche, that'll typically help you gain more credibility with the community, especially the people in charge
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
* Total Posts: 3,003
* Posts Per Day: 7.47
* Find all posts by Evan20000
* Find all threads started by Evan20000

just crazy
* Total Posts: 436
* Posts Per Day: 1.49
Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Quote:
Oh please, another Sherlock Holmes coming up?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
also practice being less of a giant douche, that'll typically help you gain more credibility with the community, especially the people in charge
This, gentlemen, is what being punched by irony feels like.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaku View Post
This, gentlemen, is what being punched by irony feels like.
actually this is much more like that.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
actually this is much more like that.
You know any good florists in Britain?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
You know any good florists in Britain?
would you settle for an angry florist?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
would you settle for an angry florist?
Can i get car insurance from this said florist by any chance?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Can i get car insurance from this said florist by any chance?
only if you want insurance that doesn't actually exist, but still pay over the odds for it.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
only if you want insurance that doesn't actually exist, but still pay over the odds for it.
That doesnt seem like very good coverage..
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
That doesnt seem like very good coverage..
Oh, don't worry. You'll get extremely satisfying coverage from the car insurance saleswoman.

Both CCN and Goose can attest to that.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 PM

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheh ehehehehe
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't know if I would start with this again. This will happen = http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317
Old 10-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wok3N^ View Post
I don't know if I would start with this again. This will happen = http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4317

That was pretty funny
Old 10-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Default nobo looky here

nobo if u arereading this please note what wok said i would like to happen, i would like to see the evidence if u believe i am lying, i f-ing sware that my computer died at %58 and im shipping it in like 3 days from now. Im on my moms computer and I am not pleased with this. Ur a really great guy, and i respect what u have done as an admin (the most obviously) and I know I'm just "another guy", but i did nothing. If u can prove some magical lie and make something i guess i cant say no. Dont spend hours on this, but if u could spend acouple minutes. ty
Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Did you even read nobo, Pie, and Smush's posts?

Things happen. A month without ladder isn't the end of the world.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 PM

And by the way, it's spelled swear, not sware.