Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default In game registration code sellers

I think that we all have noticed the inevitable influx of kids who constantly ask for a game key in the game. I think that that is always going to be present in all games. Kids with a sense of entitlement to free stuff.

However, today was the first time I saw this. A player who used the name "awb" and then later changed his name to "jjj22" was spamming the chat with what looked like a pre written message (it had all the same typos in it each time). It said something along the lines of "Anyone want to buy a copy of the registration code for Altitude for less than the full price?" followed be "search ebay for altitude game account."

I think that as annoying as the kids who ask for registration keys are, they don't end up causing anyone any harm. But if people are getting duped into buying a fake key on ebay, well that's another issue. So I figured I would alert you guys to this before it becomes a problem.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up, we definitely need to start thinking about ways to keep the scammers in check.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
Thanks for the heads up, we definitely need to start thinking about ways to keep the scammers in check.
Yeah, saw the same guy in a game last night, but he was actually talking too(not just a pre written msg), and he had a different name at the time too..

For the official servers, do you have access to who played/when? so that we can report the names/times they played, and you can just perma-ban them?, to keep this nonsense out of here.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:45 PM

i see another need for in-game admins
Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to slabchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyney View Post
For the official servers, do you have access to who played/when? so that we can report the names/times they played, and you can just perma-ban them?, to keep this nonsense out of here.
Along the same lines, is there a chat log somewhere on my local box when I run the game? I've seen some classic chats like this.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 AM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabchin View Post
Along the same lines, is there a chat log somewhere on my local box when I run the game? I've seen some classic chats like this.
Yeah, but i dont kno where it is. ill edit when i find it.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Please don't necro threads that are long and dead.
Closed Thread