Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

vote Smushface
Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

fyi, i unvoted for now
Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 PM

We should continue with the Smushface lynch. That way, doc can be on someone else (unless DDP/Storm sacrifices himself to kill the cop) and we can get more reports.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Since it seems clear Storm isn't retracting...

I am completely fine with a lynch on my cc; my inspection tonight would be useless anyway due to lawyer existing, since storm is most likely the lawyer.

Storm, why so hesitant?

SSD, I never CC cop so late. lrn2meta better
Old 03-02-2011, 12:01 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
We should continue with the Smushface lynch. That way, doc can be on someone else (unless DDP/Storm sacrifices himself to kill the cop) and we can get more reports.
wat

if we lynch DDP and he pops mafia, doc knows exactly who to save. if he pops cop, we have two mafia and doc can pick a save at random.

at this point i feel strongly that DDP is mafia. we have a mislynch and though we will still have a mislynch tomorrow, cop reports are generally useless until we pop lawyer. the sooner we get him, the easier it is for town to win.

EDIT: actually, after rereading, i'm not so sure anymore. stormich seemed to be expecting a cc, which makes me think that smushface might have planned out this situation in advance. remember his conniving **** from two mafia games ago? wouldn't put it past him.

still think DDP is the mafia here, but not the 99.9% sure i was like forty five seconds ago. still think we should get the cop situation out of the way ASAP, so we should maybe lynch andy? from storm's point of view, it's a 50/50 that he's miller or lawyer. if he's legit cop, i think it's a good lynch.

Last edited by sunshineduck; 03-02-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:08 AM

I'm CCing cop. Doctor on me please.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 AM

fmpov, andy is probably a bad lynch, since I doubt he is lawyer, and I really doubt that lawyer would have been on anyone besides the janitor here. I don't see the benefit of lynching him over a cop claim

EDIT: Also, ssd, if you were suggesting nl when you said "we have a mislynch tomorrow," no we don't, unless there is a doc save. It would be 5 town and 3 maf, which is mylo. If you were saying to lynch smush here and keep mislynch for tomorrow, that's true, but we don't gain any info tomorrow, since the cop claim is usually the lawyer and the janitor would be lawyered

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-02-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
wat

if we lynch DDP and he pops mafia, doc knows exactly who to save. if he pops cop, we have two mafia and doc can pick a save at random.

at this point i feel strongly that DDP is mafia. we have a mislynch and though we will still have a mislynch tomorrow, cop reports are generally useless until we pop lawyer. the sooner we get him, the easier it is for town to win.

EDIT: actually, after rereading, i'm not so sure anymore. stormich seemed to be expecting a cc, which makes me think that smushface might have planned out this situation in advance. remember his conniving **** from two mafia games ago? wouldn't put it past him.

still think DDP is the mafia here, but not the 99.9% sure i was like forty five seconds ago. still think we should get the cop situation out of the way ASAP, so we should maybe lynch andy? from storm's point of view, it's a 50/50 that he's miller or lawyer. if he's legit cop, i think it's a good lynch.
Can you explain what made you think stormich was "expecting a cc". I can't seem to find an implication of that.

We are not lynching a cop claim today just so you guys all know. It could hurt us more than help. Lynch smushface
Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wok3N^ View Post
Can you explain what made you think stormich was "expecting a cc". I can't seem to find an implication of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Also there's no big loss if you don't believe me and still lynch Andy. If I'm wrong you have a 100% mafia the next day. If I'm right you have a clear cop.
he implied that he wasn't necessarily clear, and this was before DDP cc'd.

Quote:
We are not lynching a cop claim today just so you guys all know. It could hurt us more than help. Lynch smushface
how would it hurt us more than it would help? if we lynch DDP and he is mafia, we have 100% confirmed cop with a guilty, giving us two mafia and a 50/50 shot at the last one. if he is cop, then we have two confirmed mafia.

if we lynch andy and he pops mafia, it's autowin. if he pops miller, then we'll decide between cops tomorrow.

we have an ML today. cop reports are altogether useless until we get lawyer. we should try and get the lawyer while we have this early opportunity.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
if we lynch andy and he pops mafia, it's autowin. if he pops miller, then we'll decide between cops tomorrow.
Don't millers pop as mafia when lynched?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Correct but isn't it better to lynch a confirmed guilty and have the same two cop cc's tomorrow. We can get more reads on them tomorrow based on reports and accusations.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 AM

Umm well even though i got inno'd by ddp i don't necessarily think he is town. But should i out my role to help u guys or would that just harm the town?

I vote smushface
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

No, don't out your role.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
FU he means turn out to be a mafia role such as jan or something.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
yes, they pop as nilla mafia. since we know who the nilla mafia is, we would know if he was miller or not.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Correct but isn't it better to lynch a confirmed guilty and have the same two cop cc's tomorrow. We can get more reads on them tomorrow based on reports and accusations.
their reports will be useless because the lawyer will still be alive. if we lynch the lawyer today, then all of the cop's future reports will be accurate.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 AM

@ace Unless you are going to claim cop, don't out your role. It would make it easier for mafia to find doctor.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Or we make sure that we get more reports tomorrow. Lets say if we lynch the cop today, sure we know who the lawyer is but we don't get another true report. It is better to find out who the lawyer is after so that we can know that we will be getting more cop reports. The only problem however with this is that the cop may investigate a lawyered maf and the doc could die tomorrow. I still think the stats work in the favor of what I am suggesting.

Last edited by Wok3N^; 03-02-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Or we make sure that we get more reports tomorrow. Lets say if we lynch the cop today, sure we know who the lawyer is but we don't get another true report. It is better to find out who the lawyer is after so that we can know that we will be getting more cop reports. The only problem however with this is that the cop may investigate a lawyered maf and the doc could die tomorrow. I still think the stats work in the favor of what I am suggesting.
what part of cop reports are useless until the lawyer is dead is difficult to understand?

innos are worthless while lawyer is alive. assuming the lawyer cc'd cop, the cop won't be getting any more guilties. so what's the point of waiting for reports tomorrow?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Only purpose would be to see if i find miller tomorrow. That or if Storm is not lawyer, potentially finding the mafia. But that's unlikely.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
what part of cop reports are useless until the lawyer is dead is difficult to understand?

innos are worthless while lawyer is alive. assuming the lawyer cc'd cop, the cop won't be getting any more guilties. so what's the point of waiting for reports tomorrow?
Statistically, if the cop gets an inno, it is more likely for that person to be inno. However, I see what you are saying.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM

Just lynch Andy after smush if he turns out mafia or miller you know I'm the real cop. DDP you're pretty good at the game, you just got unlucky. DDP is the probably the most experienced player in this game and is just trying to work his way out of the loss.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

Of course youre gonna expect a CC from mafia if the cop outs himself. If I remained the only CC it would be 100% clear I'm the cop. With DDP claiming it makes things more difficult for the town.

About now the only real problem we have is Andy. If he turns out mafia we have all 3 of them. If he turns out the miller we have a slight problem
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 AM

I'm not the most experienced at all, lol. Woken, ssd, and acegunner all have more epicmafia experience than I do. Except acegunner sucks

And if you are honestly just a villager this game again, please retract now before you manage to mess up another lynch in altitude mafia. The fact you have a guilty on the dude who was the real veteran in the last game is the main qualm I would have in supporting lynching one of the cop claims today, and even then, if we were to lynch you and you came up townie again, we get rid of a non-helpful townie anyway. Inb4 you just want an excuse to lynch andy.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Nicely played. And no I'm not a villager. I retracted last time although noobs didn't believe me. It wasn't a loss last game since I was just a townie. I don't care about that mafia game, I was happy with making Andy look like a fool, the past is the past. Currently Smush is dead, you are mafia, and so is Andy quite possibly (though he might just be the miller).
Old 03-02-2011, 09:47 AM

Well, it's good that you're being serious, so now i feel more confident in lynching you as a mafia instead of you as a trolling villager
Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
Well, it's good that you're being serious, so now i feel more confident in lynching you as a mafia instead of you as a trolling villager
Can you even statistically win if you lose smush and you? + if andy is really mafia you already lost. Basically town has 2 mafia outed on day 1, is it even possibly to recuperate from that?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:01 PM

We got lucky with orc and the cop's guilty, and the fail jan. We lynch Smush today and test Storm's guilty tomorrow. No reason leave a clear maf alive.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
No reason leave a clear maf alive.
and why not?

the way i see it, there's no downside at all to lynching DDP. we can't lose right away, and the worst case scenario is that DDP is cop and we then have two mafia. if he was the real cop, his report would be useless anyway.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Inb4 you just want an excuse to lynch andy.
I don't think he would do that. Hes either real cop or mafia.

Quote:
Nicely played. And no I'm not a villager. I retracted last time although noobs didn't believe me. It wasn't a loss last game since I was just a townie. I don't care about that mafia game, I was happy with making Andy look like a fool, the past is the past. Currently Smush is dead, you are mafia, and so is Andy quite possibly (though he might just be the miller).
Last game for sure it wasnt me who did the bad move, cc'ing the hit veteran was the bad move in the first place w/e reason you had. We all made the call on lynching you. Like you said the past is the past, lets move on.

Im not gonna express any opinion (as much as i would like to) on the lynching either smush or ddp/storm because i am not in a position to be trusted so its better if the town decides. I would surely lynch me after u get the lawyer so you then know that your reports will be 100% safe.

I am the miller and i approve this message.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
We got lucky with orc and the cop's guilty, and the fail jan. We lynch Smush today and test Storm's guilty tomorrow. No reason leave a clear maf alive.
Good plan, once Andy turns miller or mafia we know I'm the cop and we have DDP dead. Also if DDP was cop I kinda doubt he would claim without at least having one guilty party. Claiming to save a villager at the start of the game, especially when you already have a big lead with one mafia dead makes no sense. If he didn't claim and my vote for Andy came wrong he would be pretty much in the clear and I'd be dead leading me to the conclusion that both Andy and DDP are mafia.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Good plan, once Andy turns miller or mafia we know I'm the cop and we have DDP dead. Also if DDP was cop I kinda doubt he would claim without at least having one guilty party. Claiming to save a villager at the start of the game, especially when you already have a big lead with one mafia dead makes no sense. If he didn't claim and my vote for Andy came wrong he would be pretty much in the clear and I'd be dead leading me to the conclusion that both Andy and DDP are mafia.
for what it's worth, andy popping miller does not clear you, which is why i'd much prefer a DDP lynch. also, if DDP was the real cop then he would obviously have to claim. letting mafia be an uncc'd PR on day 1 with town having a mislynch is extremely anti-town. if he didn't claim and andy popped miller by sheer coincidence, then town would be uber****ed.

you guys are all getting too hung up about keeping the cop around just for more completely useless reports. i just don't see how you can dislike an option where the worst case scenario is we have two maf served to us on a skillet (and we would have to actually scumhunt to find the last mafia, oh the humanity), and where the best situation is autowin.

vote Duck Duck Pwn.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Why do you guys keep ignoring me cop CC.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I don't think he would do that. Hes either real cop or mafia.
Alright, I'll take your word for that. Most of my information about that game came from CCN ranting about how much of a troll Storm was last game since I died early that game. Sorry if my read was off as a result; I should have known better than to trust CCN.

Quote:
I am the miller and i approve this message.
While I'm fairly convinced that you are town, I wouldn't so quickly assume that you are the miller. I'm checking you tonight if I don't get lynched to be sure.

If it means not having the cop getting lynched, as I mentioned in my previous post, I would support lynching smush now over storm/me simply for me to find if andy is miller or not. But that was really the only reason I could see for lynching smush over a cop claim. Well, unless people want me to check storm to see if he's trolling or not, but I feel that would be a waste of time given what andy seems to be saying about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck
the way i see it, there's no downside at all to lynching DDP. we can't lose right away, and the worst case scenario is that DDP is cop and we then have two mafia. if he was the real cop, his report would be useless anyway.
Quote:
you guys are all getting too hung up about keeping the cop around just for more completely useless reports. i just don't see how you can dislike an option where the worst case scenario is we have two maf served to us on a skillet (and we would have to actually scumhunt to find the last mafia, oh the humanity), and where the best situation is autowin.
We don't lynch someone due to a best-case scenario. We lynch someone based on scumtells and/or "proof" (and we don't have "proof" atm). Our "worst-case scenario" is the best-case scenario for the mafia given the state they are already in; one is out in the open, one is fypov me/Stormich, and then only one is going under the radar for the moment. The best case scenario for the mafia is for cop to have 0 chance of finding the last member, which would occur with a cop lynch. We don't give the mafia their best case scenario simply because we want Storm to be the cop for simplicity's sake. We lynch the one who we think is most likely to come up mafia. If you honestly believe that that is me, I would like reasons as to why I have been particularly scummy rather than statistics on odds of winning, odds of me being cop vs storm, etc.

I could make a similarly flawed counter-argument in that the odds of any cop finding the miller to be 1/9 and of getting a guilty in general to be 1/3. The odds that the guilty would be on someone who is most likely not the lawyer, since lawyer would probably be the one to cc cop, to be 2/9. Add in that the odds of any individual player popping miller is 1/10. Obviously, since it's so unlikely that he would have found a guilty/miller n1 it means he is mafia and we should lynch him!!!!!1 There's a really small chance that we would get our "best-case scenario" by lynching ddp so we should lynch the more likely mafia in Storm!!!!!11one

The point is that we do take external factors into consideration in choosing the course of action (i.e. cop claiming / bomb claiming / no lynching / lynching between cop claims / etc), but then let scumtells determine the exact course of action. Acting based on "odds are it is autowin if ddp is lawyer and we lynch him" and "odds are that Storm is lawyer due to the unlikelihood of having a guilty on someone other than the cc n1" are not how any good mafia game should be played.

While I am very much in support of a lawyer lynch today, as I feel the benefits of checking to see if andy is miller to be less than the benefits of making sure lawyer is non-functional (even if one of the cop claims was janitor, lawyer can't self-lawyer and doesn't have a reason to lawyer smushface), I do not agree with pushing a lynch on an individual mostly due to outside circumstances rather than in-game actions. If I have done anything particularly scummy in your eyes, please point it out so that I can actually defend myself rather than just lead to a situation where the town NO BRAKES someone because not so much what that person / a likely or confirmed teammate did, but because of what his CC claims to have found.

This is mostly a call to start scumhunting rather than a defense of myself or an attack on Storm. Since I'm in a situation where I'm going to see almost everything Storm does as scummy, it would be good for people to start actually analyzing this game. If I'm lynched, you're going to need to start scumhunting to find the 3rd mafia other than smush/storm. I recommend you start using these skills now and either getting this lynch correct or practicing the skills necessary to find the 3rd one.

And to not be a hypocrite, here are my thoughts in general thus far. Out of people I've played with on EM, I find SSD's recent insistence on odds and best case scenarios instead of scumhunting to be odd and not typical of his usual playstyle, although perhaps I'm as bad at reading him as he was of reading my "late CC." Wok3n needs to stop pushing a lynch on smushface when it seems just plain better to lynch between cop claims now or needs to start giving better reasoning behind his position, although i can see his starting to accept ssd's and my reasoning for a lynch between cop cc's today. And he needs to start color testing more. Acegunner needs to stop lurking since half the time you can't get him to shut up in EM about how much of a whore my mother is; probably my strongest fos but I don't have too strong of fos's right now because almost NO ONE IS ****ING TALKING. Genesis tended to lurk a bit in epicmafia and should start to talk; I can't get a read on him when the only thing he has really done is just place a vote on me. As for everyone else, Andy's been pretty pro-town, and not just because my cc has a guilty on him (if andy came up janitor, imo it makes storm look more suspicious in that jan should be lawyered n1 in most instances; andy would most likely be the cop claim if he were lawyer). FU is reading town to me even though he advocates the same position wok3n has; he seems to be trying to help village even if I disagree with his position. Last 3 are me/smush/storm and my opinions on all of those should be pretty obvious.

tl;dr, People need to start talking more and saying what they think before we lose this game because the town refuses to think for themselves. We probably will not win if we do not start getting some solid fos's off of people talking and such

EDIT: And i have now removed my vote on smush because i forgot to do so earlier

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 03-02-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM

Well I said what I had. DDP is trying his best to salvage the situation. Town do what you want.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 PM

Laaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Please also make your unvotes a different color than black, like you guys have been doing for votes.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Alright, I'll take your word for that. Most of my information about that game came from CCN ranting about how much of a troll Storm was last game since I died early that game. Sorry if my read was off as a result; I should have known better than to trust CCN.
I mean dont take it as 100% sure but i think pulling the same bad move two games in a row would be ****, and storm isnt the kind of guy who joins to troll the game. It could still be some strange tactic he has in mind lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not the most experienced at all, lol. Woken, ssd, and acegunner all have more epicmafia experience than I do. Except acegunner sucks
Good one DDP. I love ur sense of humor. The only reason any of you think i suck is becuase you all no brake on me d1 and i die. Therefore, you have no proof of whether i can actually play or not. DIE MAFIA SCUM

But honestly, even if you did investigate andy DDP, which you said you were i think, it still would not prove that he is or is not mafia. I think a lynch on andy would help the town more than if word hurt it TOMORROW. A lynch on the definate mafia right now just makes it easier for us to carry on our game and help the town to win. That is just my opinion and i am not changing my vote for the most part unless I am thoroughly convinced that it would be better to lynch someone else.

Last edited by acegunner; 03-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:11 PM

Btw just going to gather up some information for anyone who may be lost:
Wok3N- Smush
Storm - Smush
FU- Smush
Andy - Smush
Smush - Mikesol - (Nilla Maf)
Gensis- Smush
Acegunner- Smush
DDP- no one (i think)
SSD- DDP
GGQ - dead (oracle)

Storm - cop w/ guilty on andy
DDP- cop w/ inno on acegunner
No one else claimed i think - plz correct me if im wrong with andything

Last edited by acegunner; 03-03-2011 at 02:19 AM.