Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to VeRiTaS Send a message via Skype™ to VeRiTaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
why does it have to be so convoluted though? lol

FRO isn't the only team that would benefit from not having a max roster size at all, and BB's track record of showing up even with a massive roster isn't that great either. you have still provided 0 reasons as to why a max roster size is even necessary. as far as i know, pwned! had no roster cap and very few teams (the only one I am aware of was IL) had issues bringing 5 to both weeks. it's a small sample size, sure, but i can't think of any reason the elimination of the max roster size hurts anyone.
SINCE we have this bigger roster we have had 100% show ups ... For the PWNED we had 14 members online at the times of the games ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
Blood Brothers: 20 members (how many inactives - question mark)
And by the way BBs active roster is counting on 15 members
Old 03-14-2011, 04:47 PM

I personally see 2 problems.
1.Migrations. Some players may join other teams midseason, or closer to play-offs, since their old team dont get place in play offs.
2.Roster cap force ppl to fill other clans. Since some teams already have 12 players, players, who still not find clan, may join to empty ones.

1st one can be solved only if we stick players with their teams - player can play only for team, which he already play once.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

I'd support having no roster cap with the already stated provision that players signed up for a team when the league starts can't play for another team in that league.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 PM

I just wanted to chime in that this isn't the old altitude where APL is struggling to get enough teams so a roster cap has to be imposed. There are more than enough players to go around and from the looks of it, we already have plenty of teams for a funtional league.

Also, get out of my head Mike.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
I just wanted to chime in that this isn't the old altitude where APL is struggling to get enough teams so a roster cap has to be imposed
I'm just wondering, where do you get all this info?

hard facts:
TeamLiquid - 7 teams
Summerleague - 14 teams (2 dropped out)
ProLeague 2 - 17 teams (5 dropped out)
ProLeague 3 - 16 teams (5 dropped out)
ProLeague 4 - 12 teams

right now we have just 10! teams (while at least 1, being questionable to finnish the tournament). Sure, the teams got relatively equally strong, making the coming APL maybe the most interesting since it's start in 2009. On the other hand, we do have the Least! number of teams registered at the beginning of the season.

what makes you think, that teams won't drop out or that people won't change teams. I mean - it's great, that FRO is so integrative, but this is not the case for the most of the clans.

Although right it doesn't seem this way, but from empirics it follows, that when APL passes the middle - players from the teams placed 6-10 tend to get into the top teams, making the balance even worse.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:11 PM

I was looking at the number of active players on ladder that could potentially form teams. The lack of initiative is the only thing holding those teams back from being formed.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
I was looking at the number of active players on ladder that could potentially form teams. The lack of initiative is the only thing holding those teams back from being formed.
true, but consider this. Between 185 and 950 places in ladder, 90% of those players only participated in 1-10 games. Remember inactive players, which have more games, but don't play anymore.

and here you go - the actual player base is around 200 people, regularly fighting in tbd ladder. Although it is still 70 more, than the current apl-team members (130 ppl being involved), it is still a relatively small player base.

ps: it is actually a pity we couldn't convince any ball clan (or at least ball involved-only players to participate in APL

Last edited by Tosconi; 03-14-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM

Lets assume we somehow convince those 70 players to form 4-5 teams. We have an about equal team presence to the other leagues. We could get more if we could convince some of the "ball only" players to try this fabulous gametype.

The problem with directly porting a ball team to TBD though is that a decent amount of ball players have already joined TBD teams and vice versa. Conflicting loyalties and unneeded drama would ensue. T_T
Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Arr, AIR, WoF. Seems like those teams doesnt have any tbd players.(with exception of J, who member of 51)
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 AM

<3 for point 3.