Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 PM

Default ladder ban

Hi,

I just got a ban for 2 days from ladder. With the note that I didn't spawn for 90% of the game by nobo.

I had a RL situation that took me away from the game. When I came back this is what I saw. I have no clue how to prove this.

In any case this is my first ban and I have been very conciencious member of the ladder community. As best I remember I don't even have a DC yet because I sit when I notice network issues (which did happen earlier this week).

Is there an appeals process? Does a first ban have consequences if a similar situation occurs later? Are RL AFK situations really immediately bannable offenses?

I'm happy to accept the ban, but I would at least like to know what the context is. It seems harsh to me that people who have a real life situation also face bans without even an attempt to be contacted by the admin via whisper.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:54 PM

Well, some people sit in order to drink tea and shower. It probably depends on if the situation was urgent.. ie; not sipping tea. I think. Don't hold me to it..
Old 03-20-2011, 11:57 PM

Well I have almost a 1000 ladder matches played and nothing, not even a reprimand. You really think I'd just jump up and sip tea or shower. No, it was a RL situation but if I have to reveal anything about it I'd rather take the ban. My RL is nobody's business.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Even if you did provide a real life scenario - it's impossible for one to prove that or not. This is the internet after all. Anyone can say that a meteor suddenly flew from outer space - crashed through their roof - and destroyed their internet connection. For that reason - it's very rare for bans to be appealed for a situation like that.

Nonetheless, your history has and will factor in to future bans. You'll notice that you only received a 2 day ban - whereas many other people have received 5 day bans for their first offense. Furthermore, your bans will most likely not scale as much as other people's bans provided that you continue to play numerous games without violating the rules.

I hope everything is alright irl and I'm sure someone will let you know if anything changes in regards to this situation.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 AM

Yeah things are under control and thanks for the explanation. I can accept that the ban is not appealable but it's good to know how it works.

I can understand that it's kind of hard to prove reasons for inactivity and I think admins should work to keep the ladder experience good. I'm not really worried about future incidences in general (fingers crossed).
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 AM

Yeah I was there during the ban, and was unfortunate you had to leave but **** happens. Hope everything is sorted out. See you after 2 days i guess.