Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

Default Ladder website updates

Ladder updated 10/23/2011 (implemented by Aki1024)
- Summary of the per plane stats per team on the match details page
- Profile's ranks are now linked to the ranking list page, pushing the viewpoint to that player's rank to quickly see other similarly ranked players.
- Viewing another player's matchlist now shows the "You played on this team" icon for the profile set as default.

9th October 2011 (Thanks to Aki1024 for ideas and implementation!)
- Added rank change for past week
- show general game stats per mode on Score:... pages.

6th August:
- season3 banner created by Ajuk (Thanks!)
- few UI bugfixes

24th May:

- Better pagination of ladder and stats pages
- Added link to altbouncer from profile pages

12th May:

- Stats on profile page are now sortable. Total/avg values are not displayed at the same time.
- TBD Stats on profile page now include bomb carrier kills and bomb defuses

29th April:

- Added bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills to tbd stats page
- To reduce clutter on the stats pages, they now display either averages (default) or totals, but not both at the same time.

27th April:

- Ladder pages now use DataTables plugin with enhanced sorting, paging and filtering capabilities (same as Stats pages)

19th April:

- added rank and rating to the big stats page
- Fixed sorting on "time used" column in stats page
- Added "You've played in this team" indicator to list of matches

14th April:

- Replaced old "beta" banner with new for Season2. Credits for banner go to Pieface!
- Added min/max rating to the profile page.

13th April:

- Reduced Recent matches section on homepage to just single line with last match.
- Added Season2 trailer video made by Pieface!

12th April:

- Fixed reported bugs (wrong flag on home page for 'default' user, wrong header on player matchlist, singular form of time units)
- Added [My Profile] link to the top menu when 'default' user is set.

11th April:

- Revamped home page: it now shows top5 tbd/ball ladder, and also latest matches
- Site viewers can set some user as 'default'. This user gets highlighted in ladder, and is also displayed at the home page. 'Default' user is set in cookie, so if you use more browsers, you need to set it everywhere.

Last edited by cipso; 10-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

new homepage is amazing, absolutely love the recently played matches thing!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 PM

bravo good sir
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 AM

to rip SSD, I absolutely love the recent-matches section. Now I know if it's worth logging on to altitude without actually having to do it!
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
Now I know if it's worth logging on to altitude without actually having to do it!
this. great update.

also, any word on when the archive will be viewable?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo55 View Post
this. great update.

What archive?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:15 AM

I copied the season 1 data in a db named "Altitude Ladder Season 1". I was planning to do something that will allow you to see that stuff again later.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
I copied the season 1 data in a db named "Altitude Ladder Season 1". I was planning to do something that will allow you to see that stuff again later.
Ah, I see. Sent you PM about this.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:58 AM

cool idea would be to let u search for all players who have player X listed as best teammate/worst enemy
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 AM

another cool stat would be like streak killer, who has been on teams that have broken the most 5+ game streaks
Old 04-13-2011, 12:15 PM

I'd like a worst teammate stats too. Will lead to some cool raging
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
cool idea would be to let u search for all players who have player X listed as best teammate/worst enemy
Problem is that best teammate/worst enemy needs some nontrivial computation, and doing this kind of search would require computing best teammate/worst enemy for each and every user :-( It seems like feature with too high effort/benefit ratio.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
another cool stat would be like streak killer, who has been on teams that have broken the most 5+ game streaks
Can you please elaborate? I don't quite get it from your description.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipso View Post
Can you please elaborate? I don't quite get it from your description.
Ok, so the website tracks everyone who is on winning streaks.

Now, this stat would tell you how many times this player has been on a team against a player who is on such a win streak, and beaten that player to break his win streak.

ex:

cipso:
4/12/11 broke goose's 9 game win streak (match ID)
4/8/11 broke brillo's 3 game win streak (match ID)
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM

that could actually be elaborated on greatly...have a little "feed" for each player that details any notable achievements they did on a given day

cipso:
4/13/11 won 50th ladder match (match ID)
4/10/11 scored six goals in a match (match ID)
4/9/11 achieved 100 assists in a match (match ID)

basic ideas to show:

100 kills/deaths/assists
6 goals/assists
50 wins
100 wins
2000 rank
2500 rank
3000 rank
5 game win streak
achieved #1 on ladder
lost #1 on ladder

etc etc

ETA: if you make these exclusive enough, they may be scarce enough to put on the front news page?

4/13/11
xx2 got 102 kills (match ID)
balln achieved #1 ! (matchID)
frozeninferno lost #1 !(matchID)
balln lost #1 ! (match ID)
frozeninferno achieved #1 ! (matchID)

Last edited by elxir; 04-13-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Streaks aren't really indicative of much of anything. Someone being a "streak breaker" generally would just mean that the person is lucky at happening to be on the enemy team when the streaker got back to his correct rating. So I am not in favor of such a feature.

The news feed thing would be cool though.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 PM

I agree. I wrote it at 5am when my "does this idea suck" filter was not filtering. I like the news idea too, though.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:39 PM

I like how the ratings graphs have 2 dots to represent the maximum and minimum ranking of each player, but could it also show the actual ranking number (e.g. 2500 max, 1400 min) when you scroll over the dot? (Sorry if this is already there and I just can't find it -_-)
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipso View Post
Problem is that best teammate/worst enemy needs some nontrivial computation, and doing this kind of search would require computing best teammate/worst enemy for each and every user :-( It seems like feature with too high effort/benefit ratio.
If it does the query when the page is visited that makes sense. It requires a calculation that goes through all teammates though doesn't it? So would it be possible to have an extended stat link that shows the results of that query? that way we can find where others are in relation ourselves. Would love to see that on maps as well, especially since last season my worst & least played map stat was worthless after going 0-2 on ball_toiletpaper before it got renamed.

Other stat thoughts I've had; W-L-ND per plane on the individual page, plane filter on the TBD/Ball: stats page, and a link to expand the line graph with numbers.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I like how the ratings graphs have 2 dots to represent the maximum and minimum ranking of each player, but could it also show the actual ranking number (e.g. 2500 max, 1400 min) when you scroll over the dot? (Sorry if this is already there and I just can't find it -_-)
This.

Would also be cool to have the top ratings ever attained for each mode up around the other ladder historical markers (most games/best streak). Would encourage people who might otherwise camp an overrated #1 spot to continue playing if they know their rating is going to be noted, or that there's a record to beat. With the way ratings are done this year it may not be quite as significant as it would have been with last year's ladder, but would still be nice.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:12 PM

+1

I agree the Highest rating achieved and lowest rating achieved should be displayed along with "Longest W streak" and "Longest L streak". Preferrably the rank when they were at the highest and lowest rating can also be displayed but I dunno if the rank makes sense in this context.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Sparklines lib I use doesn't support this, but I've just added min/max rating next to graph.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 PM

is base damage recording properly?

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....2&mode=tbd_5v5

the summary screen showed me doing 139 damage (turrets obviously) but here it only shows 98..shouldn't it be 100?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
is base damage recording properly?

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....2&mode=tbd_5v5

the summary screen showed me doing 139 damage (turrets obviously) but here it only shows 98..shouldn't it be 100?
I think that may be simply rounding error when recording those stats into DB. But still, some matches look strange. Especially this match: http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....7&mode=tbd_5v5

If I want to show some score in matchlist, I would like to show something for tbd too. For ball, end-score is clear. For TBD, I'm not sure what to display. I was thinking that maybe remaining base health percentage of winner team, based on Base Damage inflicted by Losers and Winners, but those numbers sometimes look suspicious.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Just a word of praise, ladder web page is a pile of awesome right now.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM

I just looked at the match details page now.. yeah late I know, Very impressive stats. Really great job!!

BTW, Is "Ball recoveries" means ball interceptions from the other team?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i think it means every time a player grabs a ball that wasn't a completed pass. not sure though.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 PM

ball recoveries is pretty much the same as "ball interception" or "anytime you grab a ball that isn't a completed pass". it counts the number of times that you pick up the ball when the past time the ball was held was by a member of the opposing team. the reason for the specific use of the word "recovery" is because "interception" implies that you stole the ball when the enemy was meaning to pass it to their own teammate, but in many cases this is not precisely what happened (such as when the enemy merely meant to clear the ball and you were the one who picked it back up)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 AM

So in essence smth like, In the ball pickup event:
if (ball->colour() != player->team()->colour()) player->ball_recoveries++;

That makes sense, thanks nobo.

Edit: Does it make sense to have "Win%" in the per-plane stats? Like "Plane, Perk, Win%".

If you played 20 games and won 10, and in those 10 games you played as Randa and Biplane and not in any of the games you lost, then Randa and Biplane stats should say "Win%" as 100%. Meaning all games you played as either Randa or Biplane you've won N% of them.

It might be useful because I play Randa primarily, but I also began playing whale to support my team when others don't switch, so I would like to track how many % of my games I lose when I'm whale... not given this too much thought.

Last edited by Tekn0; 04-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 AM

would it be possible to make the two right-hand columns scrollable, to fit more stats onto the main page (keep the left column with basic player info static)?

for example, i'd really like to be able to see ball possession time (total and per game)

ideally i'd like to see a goals scored vs possession time stat, or some such thing

Last edited by elxir; 04-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 AM

also, idea #45:

after each month of ladder (or week, idc), have a snapshot of the first page of both ladders so people can see how the top of the pile changes over time?

so like at the top of each ladder page perhaps add a link to screenshots of May 9, June 9, Jul 9, Aug 9...?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 AM

Would it be possible to have columns for the total amount of bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills in the stats: tbd page and/or in the user page?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Squirtle View Post
Would it be possible to have columns for the total amount of bomb defuses and bomb carrier kills in the stats: tbd page and/or in the user page?
I think the per match versions of these stats would be more useful (I want to win more stats)
Old 04-27-2011, 08:15 PM

A minor upgrade that would be tremendously useful (to me at least):

The stats display at the bottom of the match page does not currently show the sum per team, so if I want to get a quick comparison which one killed more or had a better ball handling I have to do the math.

I think the header line has space for this and it would make the match stat page perfect imo.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo55 View Post

http://season1.altitudeladder.com/
Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 PM

the recent format changes make stats harder to look at because it requires scrolling. So either one can see the name or the goal assists in ball.
Even resizing the browser window no longer fixes the issue.

Now it's a fixed size layout that is smaller than the space needed for the columns.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:49 PM

I would like to have stats for each plane not only how many matches i played, but how many of them i win/lost. This can say, which plane is best for person
Old 04-29-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urpee View Post
the recent format changes make stats harder to look at because it requires scrolling. So either one can see the name or the goal assists in ball.
Even resizing the browser window no longer fixes the issue.

Now it's a fixed size layout that is smaller than the space needed for the columns.
Should be fixed now. Stats pages now show either averages (default) or totals.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
I would like to have stats for each plane not only how many matches i played, but how many of them i win/lost. This can say, which plane is best for person
Ill bumb this to gather little more attention. Last discussion(about randa OP) shows lack of information which plane really win most part of games. I would like to check, how many games Andy or Synnik(for example) win with lazer compare to other planes.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Awesome update guys. This now fully facilitates my stat-whoring.