Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
A limit of somewhere between 150 and 175 would seem prudent.
Team Australia is ~250 to the official servers.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 AM

The ping issue suddenly takes the forefront.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

on a different note, I think it should be clear that mid-round substitutions are perfectly ok if it's done because someone's connection has gone to ****. I'm looking at you lamsbro (even tho you're not in the league).
Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Max ping 200-300 plz
Old 07-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

As far as ping goes, I didn't set any specific limit. I think that we deal with a lot of different people and I wanted to include as many people as possible. That being said, I am sure that there will be some less than ideal situations. Some people are playing from across the globe. So try to be as tolerant as possible. Remember we are above all just having fun with friends

As far as the playoffs go, I specifically left it open because I didn't know how many teams would register. In all likelihood the playoff field will be much larger and we can decide when we get to the end. A lot of factors will influence the playoffs, but the main one will be if all the teams stay the whole season (which is unlikely). So in reality the playoffs will probably be the top 8-10 teams, so I wouldn't worry so much about specific cutoffs, etc.

But just to clarify, if there is a tie at a cutoff point for the playoffs, the tiebreaker will first go to the team that won in the match between the two teams in the season. If the two teams didn't play in the season then it will go to the team with the higher winning percentage.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
on a different note, I think it should be clear that mid-round substitutions are perfectly ok if it's done because someone's connection has gone to ****. I'm looking at you lamsbro (even tho you're not in the league).
Mid-round substitutions are prohibited and it is listed in the rules. However, if someone disconnects for whatever reason, they are welcome to reconnect and join the game again. This is mainly to prevent people from getting the idea in their head that they can whisper a buddy to disconnect if things are going poorly so they can sub in their better players.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
But just to clarify, if there is a tie at a cutoff point for the playoffs, the tiebreaker will first go to the team that won in the match between the two teams in the season. If the two teams didn't play in the season then it will go to the team with the higher winning percentage.
I set up a Rounds Won/Rounds Lost on the standings... just because a team loses to a team during the regular season doesnt mean it should decide as a tiebreaker... the ratio of rounds won/rounds lost should be a stronger factor because a team can have one bad match and be much stronger every other match

http://evilarsenal.webs.com
Old 07-17-2009, 05:40 PM

What time zone are the scheduled start times listed in?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyy View Post
What time zone are the scheduled start times listed in?
EST as it states in the post.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
I set up a Rounds Won/Rounds Lost on the standings... just because a team loses to a team during the regular season doesnt mean it should decide as a tiebreaker... the ratio of rounds won/rounds lost should be a stronger factor because a team can have one bad match and be much stronger every other match

http://evilarsenal.webs.com
I know what you are saying, but at the same time each team is only playing 8 of the 13 teams. So if two teams are tied at the end, I feel the best indicator is if they played each other. The reason being that one team could have had a stronger or weaker schedule than the other. (As in one team played the best 8 teams in the league while the other one played the worst 8 teams). If we played a full season where everyone played each other at least once then I think your system might work better. But I don't think this is going to be a problem. When the playoffs come we can be as inclusive as possible and let a large number of teams compete for the title.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
EST as it states in the post.
Ahhhh, sorry. I read over it but I must have just missed it. Thanks.

Also, I agree that head-to-head games should be used to tie break over ratio of rounds won:lost.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mid-round substitutions are prohibited and it is listed in the rules. However, if someone disconnects for whatever reason, they are welcome to reconnect and join the game again. This is mainly to prevent people from getting the idea in their head that they can whisper a buddy to disconnect if things are going poorly so they can sub in their better players.
meh. I think that's pretty harsh for a friendly league where everyone pretty much knows each other.

not a big deal, but I don't see any reason not to be lenient. even if someone abuses this, the abuse doesn't result in any horrific results.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I don't see a problem with substituting people even if it is because they're doing badly. Don't sports teams do this all the time?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:44 PM

heey guys!

Can the schedule be channged mabey?
Cause I got to play at ****ing 1:00 AM Sunday, cause i live in Holland.
This is also a problem with my team mate [J.C.] DMCM (portugal)

Its a problem cause i got to work monday morning again.
If it was on a aturday oke :P

sooooo.....

Ps owyah since Ian had no time we change d-ron for Un Squadron cheers!

Greetz

Divra

Last edited by Divra; 07-20-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: ian is lazy
Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 PM

During the TL league, teams could change their match time if both teams agreed. It worked quite well. I don't know if Maimer authorises it this time, I think so ...
Anyway, you can try to reschedule it, maybe saturday evening, or monday ?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
I don't see a problem with substituting people even if it is because they're doing badly. Don't sports teams do this all the time?

Perhaps we could institute a pinch-hitter rule to help minimize this; if a substitution must happen for any reason, the player who left cannot play for the rest of the day. If the reason is due to a disconnect, then their internet is poor enough that they shouldn't play for awhile anyways.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 PM

There should definately be a lag limit. While a 200 cap would be more ideal, 400 would be acceptable.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Well I personally don't care if you guys want to do substitutions, but I would rather teams try to play everyone instead of having a "must win" mentality. However, in the end I personally won't know if a team substitutes someone, so as long as both teams don't have a problem then just go for it. So if your team wants to do substitutions in game then please ask the other team first so that they can decide whether they want to do it or not.

Divra, I apologize that your games are so late. I tried my best to accommodate each team's time zone needs and at the same time make it so each team played consecutive games. I suggest getting in contact with the captain of the team(s) you are playing and explain the situation. As long as the game is completed prior to the games next sunday then it is fine. So you have 1 week to figure out a time to play and get the games done!

As for lag, there is going to be no official rule for now. If someone consistently or a team consistently has a substantially high ping (ie above 400) then we will consider capping it in future tournaments.

Also, please check to see what the rules are for being the home team (team #1) or the away team (team #2) and have your map veto list ready to go prior to each game. The games are scheduled for one hour. If you waste time prior to starting it's only going to hurt other teams down the line. If a team shows up late (ie like 15-20 minutes late) or if they waste time picking maps or vetos (ie like 15-20 minutes) and it rushes the matches please let me know.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
There should definately be a lag limit. While a 200 cap would be more ideal, 400 would be acceptable.
I dont agree, My ping its 170~230. but same times he UP!^ To 999 for maybe 2~3 Seconds.... and this will kick me due high ping =/

A no Max ping its the ideal, i think... considere, there will not be a 999 player.

Sorry for my bad english

UP THE IRONS!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

hey, could someone talk to tec/whoever about getting a stream of the L* vs ACE game? I think it'll be a really fun game and I'd love to see a vod of it.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
hey, could someone talk to tec/whoever about getting a stream of the L* vs ACE game? I think it'll be a really fun game and I'd love to see a vod of it.
Dio apparently wants a video of his team losing. I guess whatever floats your boat (I guess flies your plane might be more appropriate?)
Old 07-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Quote:
Dio apparently wants a video of his team losing. I guess whatever floats your boat (I guess flies your plane might be more appropriate?)
No, Dio's on Lobstar.
I'd like to see this game stream also. It'll be fun to see two decent teams play each other.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:52 AM

So I think there was enough interest in that [PRO] might be able to swing this if its not too late to sign up.

Some of these people might already be on other teams(in which case don't count them), and if its ok with maimer or whoever, we might have to spam aim to get people that aren't necessarily listed here but are never the less, are pro, to play.

Also, since some people objected to the moniker [Pro] I'm suggesting as an alternative tag [NH].

Rough list of Pro/NH players(? means they might be on another team):
Stack, Porpus, Evil, Triped, Blank, Ferret, Bob?, Dio?, Charlie?
There are people that didn't post in the interest thread but count as part of team anyway and might get spammed on aim to play if we are short, like snow, lamster and jawa. Not sure if this is allowed but I doubt this team will work if we can't ad-hoc it a bit.

In all likelihood though nobody will show up to our first game and this team will dissolve shortly after. But after I spent 5 minutes writing this post I sure hope not!

Last edited by argonide; 07-18-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Well let's see what happens this first week and if any teams drop out or are no shows. If that's the case then we can throw your team in there and get you some additional games to catch up. However, I notice from your list that a lot of those players are on teams. Of the people you listed, the people that are on teams are: Stack, Evil, Bob, Dio, Charlie, and jawa (esoteric). However, the are other people out there that would probably play such as pillars, lamsbro, spirtz, caped, etc. However, I can't guarantee a spot because the schedule has been done and all the teams thus far haven't dropped out or said anything about withdrawing.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 AM

Could someone please give me an example of a US city which operates under the american EST? A few of us australians at first thought you meant australian EST, and we're like, "Wow, we got awesome game times!"... lol.
Anyway, the time zone converters all go by cities... so whats one I can use?
Old 07-18-2009, 05:51 AM

EST includes cities like new york, washington d.c., etc.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 AM

beagle STILL hasn't updated the team list and he's gone AWOL

Just letting you know we have a solid base of 10 now, with possible changes, but as soon as I can get on to him I'll get him to post it.

and yes, being Aussie and all I thought I had the best times when it said EST, as thats my timezone (but in australian time )
Old 07-18-2009, 05:56 AM

actually it conveniently turns out that I can't play ANY matches at all
because your sunday is our monday, and i work full time alongside ALSO studying at uni

so I'm out.

for next time,please make it your saturday for convenience, as this way it should be weekend for ALL
Old 07-18-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight 666 View Post
I dont agree, My ping its 170~230. but same times he UP!^ To 999 for maybe 2~3 Seconds.... and this will kick me due high ping =/

A no Max ping its the ideal, i think... considere, there will not be a 999 player.

Sorry for my bad english

UP THE IRONS!
If you can't stay under 400 ping, you shouldn't play. Going to 999 for 3 seconds gives you a free bomb drop which is retarded. There must be a ping cap, just like in the TL tourney, 300 would be nice but I guess 400 for the australians is ok.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:03 AM

yeah turns out it's the opposite to good for all aussies....
1pm EST american on sundays -> 2.30 am central aust time monday
7pm EST american on sundays -> 8.30 am central aust time monday

Thats bloody rough mate, basically only the aussies who game full time will be able to play. Unlike we, the MH's, who all have full time work or uni within an hour of our match....
Don't count us out of the league though. We'll try our best to get people who can play.
Just tomorrow's (I mean, monday's) match will not have any of our main players in it.
Sucks to be MH...
Old 07-18-2009, 06:06 AM

Dont forget you can reschedule if the other team is ok with that.

edit : senior member, yay
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yah, it's unfortunate that some teams are in different time zones but I had to schedule around the majority of team responding. We play Sunday because that's the time that most people are around. If we scheduled for Saturday, a lot of people go out or are busy so it's more difficult.

The best option is to reschedule. Don't just assume that you have to forfeit. This is a friendly league and I am sure that teams will be more than willing to work things out for the better of the league. Just get in contact with the team captains for your games and let them know what days/times work for you and see if something can be worked out.

Just remember that Sunday is the "default" game time, but it doesn't mean the game has to be played then.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
EST includes cities like new york, washington d.c., etc.
is it daylight savings time there atm? it makes a difference when converting by an hour... could be important.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Just use:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I think that is your safest bet.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 AM

k mates

This sunday ill try to be on at 23:30 and probably play till like 3:00
I hope I wont be to broken to work monday morning:S

And are there teams with mostly people from the same time zones?
So mabey those teams go late and teams with different timezones go in te beginning.
I know this wont work for whole tourney:P
Just saying something I just came up with

Pholon cant stream the first round, he is on a holiday
MAbey he will stream later on, but I cant be sureAnd he also want to play in a "serious" clan. So if u want him PM me ( im his lil bro)

Sorry for the sloppy english

Cya Sunday

Cheers!!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Our team has major time zone dilemmas. I Also think the games should be on Saturday. If people are going out, they go out after 7pm anyway. I have 4 Aussies, an Itialian, a singaporian and 3 USA. Makes it tough when the Aussies/Singaporian have to work Monday, and the Italian would be 2am - 4am Monday.

Makes alot more sense on a saturday. I know my boys would get up on a Sunday(Aus Time), or most likely still be awake from going out the night before.

If any teams are scheduled against PX, get your captain to send me a message, as I am more than happy to organize a different time for the game.

Cheers,
Shorty
Old 07-18-2009, 11:49 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Due to factors beyond my control, one of my members is no longer able to play this season.

Would I be able to change my roster quickly, before the matches start?
Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not maimer, but the (amended) rules say you can add people as much as you want throughout the season as long as you stay below 10 guys.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:55 PM

Nevermind. In further unforseen consequences, everything is as it should be.

Last edited by Beagle; 07-19-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:13 PM

maimer, with all due respect, i doubt I will be able to play many, if any of the matches. I have work/hockey/uni, so I'll have to see how things roll.

sorry to disrupt the schedule but we will endeavour to get a proper MH roster up ASAP as I will be sharing the task with Blimey now (apparently)

peace