Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
(and Radium put so concisely)
I double posted nubcake. IMO we lynch spart for treason
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Y'd I say Radium.....sigh. I meant Rib put so concisely >_<
Lynch me for getting ninj'd
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Spartan Spartan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: OC CA! (Woo Pig Sooie is where the heart is)
Posts: 495
Default

SSD, you said that someone used their night role to switch your target from Kennedy to Mintz. I assume that you're assuming this is a corp action based on your post. How do you know that a corp did this instead of a maf, or am I just interpreting this wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 PM
nobodyhome nobodyhome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,088
Default

Since Rib knows more confirmed townies than the general public does, I propose that he start FoSing some people so that the next night, the one remaining police and any other police-like roles that may remain have a narrower range of people to target. We don't want the police to waste any night actions inspecting anybody that Rib already knows to be a confirmed townie, and having Rib FoS somebody serves the purpose of telling the general public that that somebody isn't someone that Rib already knows is a confirmed townie (this is of course assuming that Rib doesn't want to out the confirmed townies in his mason circle. If he does, he can simply do that so that the public knows more confirmed townies).
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

I don't think I am a good enough person to FoS people, and there aren't enough left in the circle to eliminate many townies at all. I will post if it looks like we are going to lynch a townie, but at the moment any of the inactives that either Andy (I think it was Andy) or myself highlighted would be a good target. I don't no any of them to be town.

It's still early in the day, Xorg's role claim should help us decide what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Massi Massi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 538
Default

Sorry, I have been inactive. School is just starting up and I'm pretty busy. I will post more if needed.
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massi View Post
Sorry, I have been inactive. School is just starting up and I'm pretty busy. I will post more if needed.
It is needed. Give us your thoughts on LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

SSD: I was jailed, although I can also dodge kills anyway.

Rib: I claimed because I cant die easily at night, and so I potentially saved us a kill.
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
SSD: I was jailed, although I can also dodge kills anyway.

Rib: I claimed because I cant die easily at night, and so I potentially saved us a kill.
This reasoning is just so bad, i wasnt in favour of a premier lynch but after all his posts im now 50/50 between premier and xorg.
Do you realise that just because you have the ability to escape night kills and someone wasnt killed on night 1 it doesnt mean that it clears you, as far as we know there were at least 4 players (corp) with your same ability + 2 items that granted your ability + a doctor that means that a kill couldve been saved by any of these 7 players. Also your reasoning to why you claimed is terrible.

Also i have another idea IF we have a jailer (like premier claimed) and IF clapon really doesnt have any items, wouldnt it be safe to jail clapon every night in order to protect him from night kills?
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

We do have a jailer.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

So Premier, explain your power to me again? You can dodge night kills?
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 PM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,875
Default

my reasoning is this: we have 11 townies remaining. 4 of them are item gamers, 1 of them is you - this leaves 6 unknowns. i don't know how many of them are in your PM group, but we also have to consider that we have another confirmed towny - the bodyguard. to my knowledge he can't be an item gamer, and he's obviously not in your PM group. this narrows our group down to 5. if your PM group contains 2-3 confirmed, i think we should just out them, have the bodyguard claim, and lynch between the remaining people to find our scum.

and no, unless dark sage has incriminating reports, i don't think he should claim.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

Yes, I am the "Mikesol" as stated earlier, I have the ability to warp away from any night actions: Not just kills. Except jailer? Although I guess thats kinda different. I was only saved from jailer after the first day, so I don't know what they have been doing since.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Okay, the BG is in my PM group and he's the only one left. He can claim if he wants to.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Okay premier, I am still finding it hard to see your reasoning.

You cannot be night killed? Right. So your biggest strength is to absorb kills by trying to get killed as many times as possible. You claimed, so the mafia will never target you, making your power absolutley ****ing useless.

Give us one reason not to lynch you, now you are basically powerless with your claimed power.
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Sign Up List:

3) Clapon
6) sunshineduck
7)Spartan
9) Premier Stalin
10) yankinlk
11) Dark_Sage
12) Ribilla
13) MintzMachete
15) shrode
17) Xorg
18) Smushface
19) nobodyhome
20) Selfish Lover
21) Massi
23) acegunner

25) andy
28) G00SE
29) gammelonkel

These are the players left alive. 1 of those is the BG. orange=likely lynch, green = confirmed, bold = need some input you filthy lurkers.
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 09-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

I didnt claim my power straight away. I am also not powerless, as my role can do other things. Yes its possible I could have invented this entire thing, but I doubt I could pull that off even myself.

Anyway, regardless of whether or not I made a bad play earlier in the game, that doesn't make me a good lynch target.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 AM
MintzMachete MintzMachete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Near evil R.I.P.
Posts: 1,082
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
I didnt claim my power straight away. I am also not powerless, as my role can do other things. Yes its possible I could have invented this entire thing, but I doubt I could pull that off even myself.

Anyway, regardless of whether or not I made a bad play earlier in the game, that doesn't make me a good lynch target.

That was a slip... you are likely correct in not making it up yourself... but if you had teammates?
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
I didnt claim my power straight away. I am also not powerless, as my role can do other things. Yes its possible I could have invented this entire thing, but I doubt I could pull that off even myself.

Anyway, regardless of whether or not I made a bad play earlier in the game, that doesn't make me a good lynch target.
Since you are likely to get lynched and you have already claimed, I suggest you explain your role fully.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:14 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,875
Default

bg shouldn't claim, lynching between 11 unknowns with only 6 confirmed town isn't great odds. about a 50/50 shot, better to scumhunt today and rethink things tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 09-03-2011, 02:55 AM
MintzMachete MintzMachete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Near evil R.I.P.
Posts: 1,082
Default

My top F.O.S. at this point is not Xorg or Stalin.

Goose, one of the great players in the old mafia games, has gone super silent. As many here who played Mafia 5.0 know, Goose is a phenomenal scumhunter. I was a member of the maf then, and we had an advantage over the town, but his scumhunting skills won out for the town. It seems strange then as town why he would not be posting more. In addition, it seems our two likely lynches today are stalin and xorg. While both have been scummy, at least they have posted so that we can get a read, and I would think they have both at least TRIED to help.

Goose hasn't done that. He smells of corporation.

In addition, GGQ, if you could confirm or refute whether my power would work against corp (given their bulletproof status) that would be wonderful.

Mintz
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:01 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,875
Default

goose has just been busy irl afaik
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:57 AM
MintzMachete MintzMachete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Near evil R.I.P.
Posts: 1,082
Default

ok i see, didn't know that. still think lurkers are our best bet.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Massi Massi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 538
Default

I would rather a xorg lynch than a Stalin lynch, because from what I can tell Stalin is just a bad player. Whereas xorg seems more scummy rather than bad.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 AM
sunshineduck sunshineduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: just look at how I usually talk online. Structured sentences, passion for logic, more or less correc
Posts: 3,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
ok i see, didn't know that. still think lurkers are our best bet.
why would you think that? you know from experience that lynching afkers is awful. lurking would be if they were on the forums often but never posted.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

I dont have any team mates... In fact I didnt even know there were "PM Groups" in this game.
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
I didnt claim my power straight away. I am also not powerless, as my role can do other things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Since you are likely to get lynched and you have already claimed, I suggest you explain your role fully.
I am not sure how to make this much clearer to you.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Xorg Xorg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: inside my bomber
Posts: 660
Default

Sorry for my post inactivity. School has started for me and i'll be busy.

The point is that since Stalin got jailed, he kinda got out of control. I would like to see claim from players who are also lurking as: ace, yank, goose, massi. Preferably goose and yank, because they haven't posted so much, and they were not so active during Day 2
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
Sorry for my post inactivity. School has started for me and i'll be busy.

The point is that since Stalin got jailed, he kinda got out of control. I would like to see claim from players who are also lurking as: ace, yank, goose, massi. Preferably goose and yank, because they haven't posted so much, and they were not so active during Day 2
We want YOU to claim. Please do so.
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 AM
yankinlk yankinlk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ireland
Posts: 252
Default

Sorry i been travelling. I will try and read back thru the posts today and catch up. I have a super ability for killin. If town can just name the two they want to vote, vote, i will hang second place tonight. (unless there is something in the rules that says i cant do this)

I dont expect to get to use my power twice.
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
andy andy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,967
Default

Stop this claiming thing. Only confirmed townies should lead, therefore just claim if SSD, Smush, Rib, Spart, Clapon ask you to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

IMO, the only people who should claim are those who are about to get lynched, that's premier and Xorg.

I would much rather lynch Xorg right now.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 09-03-2011, 02:55 PM
MintzMachete MintzMachete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Near evil R.I.P.
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
why would you think that? you know from experience that lynching afkers is awful. lurking would be if they were on the forums often but never posted.
SSD selfish and gunner have been on plenty. so has gammel.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Xorg Xorg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: inside my bomber
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
We want YOU to claim. Please do so.
Well if u want me to claim, my role doesn't have any relation against town. Yes I wasn't very helpful for U, villagers. I was looking a bit scummy, but I don't have any contact with mafia/corp.
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
We want YOU to claim. Please do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
Well IF u want me to claim.
I genuinely cannot see any reason for you not understanding what you are being asked to do.

We do want you to claim and we don't care if you say that you aren't mafia, that's kind of the point of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
gammelonkel gammelonkel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 270
Default

Got drunk last night, just woke up after 14 hours straight. Sorry for late responses. I have however been posting more than many in thread earlier. I was sure Mintz was scum (read: corp) but I see he's now cleared.

I'm not part of any pm-circle so I find it a bit hard to put the pieces together here. Nothing better than having an increasing number of confirmed town and i agree with protection as suggested. I've considered how my role could have confirmed me to SSD/town, but it can't. I don't want to claim it now for different reasons. I will later though, but it doesn't seem smart now.

When it comes to the lynch, I'm leaning more towards Premier.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Ribilla Ribilla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In ur base, defusin' ur bombs.
Posts: 2,659
Default

Is mintz cleared?
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 PM
gammelonkel gammelonkel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Posts: 270
Default

He can still be mafia.
I initially suspected him as corp for association with Kennedy and from what i thought was scumslip.
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

Since I got jailed, I got out of control. No. As far as I can tell I'm being lynched for not posting enough, school has started for me too. Xorg if your role which you won't even claim, does not help town why shouldn't we lynch you? What roles are there like this?
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Premier Stalin Premier Stalin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
Sorry i been travelling. I will try and read back thru the posts today and catch up. I have a super ability for killin. If town can just name the two they want to vote, vote, i will hang second place tonight. (unless there is something in the rules that says i cant do this)

I dont expect to get to use my power twice.
mafia claim?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC