Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
I have stated at other points in this thread I only said that to get me through the day I was almost lynched, and to try and get myself targeted by maf.

What exactly was Sage's claim?

Gammel could have also known massi was mafia, and then put me in there with him as a lot of people were FoSing me, which is win win for him as if I die, and Im town, then he's not confirmed maf, but if massi dies, then everyones like omg we must believe him!
Look at the monkey! look at the monkey! look at the monkeybayyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
Look at the monkey! look at the monkey! look at the monkeybayyyyyyyyyyy!
The **** is wrong with you?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Jesus ****ing christ you're retarded Yank.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 PM

Now that I got that off my chest, yank Prem isn't clear. I still suspect his role as it's a little fishy. "Gammel could also have known Massi was mafia" except massi was corp. (im to lazy to actual quote) How could Gammel be busing selfish or Massi? the only scum left is Mafia and they were both corp.

And again my role is the Taxi Driver, I can switch who is affected by night actions. So if person A is targeted by an investigative power then person B will be investigated and vice versa. I pick both people.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
And again my role is the Taxi Driver, I can switch who is affected by night actions. So if person A is targeted by an investigative power then person B will be investigated and vice versa. I pick both people.
cool my bombs can bounce around like a ping pong so
Old 09-21-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
cool my bombs can bounce around like a ping pong so
wtf are you even saying. also, you can't end a sentence with a preposition or conjugation.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Oh fail me, just throwing ideas out anyway. Was on phone so hard to scroll whole thread :/
Old 09-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

6.5 hours left for actions!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
wtf are you even saying. also, you can't end a sentence with a preposition or conjugation.
grammar won't save you now tic tic ...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Day 7

Insanity spread through INSANIA last night. People left their houses with certain intentions, and found that even the best intentions can go awry.

The last remaining mafia shot a man last night. It was a shot to the gut; a slow and painful bleeding out.

The dying man stumbled and crawled across town, determined to do one last duty. He found his target, raised his weapon and fired. His target crumpled to the ground, dead.

But little did he know that the man he had killed had already visited him earlier. Perhaps it was a blessing. It was a quicker death, certainly. The hidden bomb on the bleeding man exploded violently, sending his corpse flying and tumbling into a heap in the road. There the second bomb exploded, utterly incinerated all traces of his body.

PLEASE NOTE THAT DEAD PLAYERS MAY NOT COMMENT OR QUESTION ABOUT THE GAME IN THE THREAD! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS, PM ME! THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yankinlk the Terrorist with a Heart of Gold has been killed!
Quote:
You are the Terrorist with a Heart of Gold. Once a fanatical member of Al-Qaeda, you were redeemed by falling in love with a beautiful woman, or by your friendship with a kind-hearted child, or by some equally touching backstory. Regardless, you have determined to use your explosive expertise to help the town rather than destroy it. You have two bombs that you can place on any players during the night phase. When you die, your bombs will explode, killing the player unless he is bulletproof in which case your bombs will strip him of his protection for that night. You may also choose to suicide at night, immediately detonating both of your bombs. If one of the players that you have a bomb on dies, the bomb will be returned to you. You win with town.
Spartan the Item Game Player has been killed!
Quote:
You are the Item Game Player. You have no abilities, but you will receive an item shortly. Remember, each night you can either use your item, defend your item, or steal someone else's item. The Item Game quicktopic is located at http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/6JvPHWpuSWaRr. You win with town.
He was carrying the following item:
Quote:
Hello, volunteer, and thanks again! The item that we've sent to you for testing is a prototype laser blaster. You can use this item to shoot any player of your choice. Please test it out as soon as possible. Good Luck!
NOTE: The Day Phase has now begun. You have 72 hours to choose whom to vote for, and vote in the voting thread. The deadline for votes is 11pm Eastern on Saturday the 24th (my birthday, incidentally).
Old 09-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Dawn of
The Final Day
-72 Hours Remain-

Last edited by GGQ; 09-22-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:22 AM

It has come to our attention that all our Item Game Volunteers have been killed. Please note that the contracts signed with our volunteers state quite explicitly that all compensation for volunteers will be given out only to the volunteers themselves, and all volunteers signed waivers voiding any compensation in case of death. Trust us, these documents will hold up in court.

We mourn the passing, etc.

Last edited by GGQ; 09-22-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 AM

Cant write up today, on a military exercise. will post tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Plannedchars. yank out. Up Town!

Last edited by yankinlk; 09-22-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Cuz Town sucks. well actually just SPARTAN SUCKS
Old 09-22-2011, 02:04 PM

I gotta go with Prem. All game, he's been narrowly avoiding lynches and his power has always seemed suspect. Also, when Gammel had his dream with both Prem and Massi, Prem really pushed a massi lynch. Gammel I believe you are town because your role name and power seem pretty standard, whereas not a single role has been named after altitude in this game
Old 09-22-2011, 04:47 PM

Because I knew it was me or him and he was the mafia, not me?

Also, did yank seriously put a bomb on spart? And then not even place one? Wtf.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 PM

Well that was frikin unfortunate. Thanks for all the help yank! >_>

Town 2v1 LETS GO!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:03 PM

A little dumbfounded here. Something went awry with Yank (duh). Kinda saw that coming but he could have struck lucky.

A switching type role was involved earlier in the game, two times at least. There's no guarantee it's a townsided effect... Sage, sceptical. At the same time premier's been scummy throughout and his roleclaim was weak, alot more so than Sage's.

Leaning towards premier, but I'd like some input from you. Don't want to rush this lynch.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Frankly I think DS has acted way more town, but his role I do just not believe. Why would a town role switch night actions? It is mafia, as it would be used to mess with doctor visits, etc etc.

I wouldn't believe gammel, but he was right with the Selfish Lynch. Can you post last nights dream though?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 PM

Happy birthday GGQ

Lets get this moving. Sage could be maf and have switched role stuff. As it stands now though, time is running out. I'd like to have some more input from you guys.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Gammel what was your dream last night? And last night I switched spart and yank but I don't think it impacted anything because it doesnt apply to items as far as I know, and maf probably targeted spart so they killed yank instead.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:09 PM

Ssd, andy, dark_sage, gammelonkel. Practical joke? Doesn't reveal anything obv as it would simply be OP with a free scumlynch last day.

You switched spart and yank? Do you know why yank "only" killed one person?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
Ssd, andy, dark_sage, gammelonkel. Practical joke? Doesn't reveal anything obv as it would simply be OP with a free scumlynch last day.

You switched spart and yank? Do you know why yank "only" killed one person?
Yeah didn't think it'd be anything useful. My best guess is that at one point he tried putting a bomb on someone and that same night I switched who it affected to protect spart, so the bomb wound up on spart accidentally. Other than that I think yank being a dumbass is also a possibility.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Yeah didn't think it'd be anything useful. My best guess is that at one point he tried putting a bomb on someone and that same night I switched who it affected to protect spart, so the bomb wound up on spart accidentally. Other than that I think yank being a dumbass is also a possibility.
You make no sense.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM

Nighttime in Norway now. Have to put my vote somewhere the next couple of hours. Premier has yet to convince me. I've had you down as scum and town several times through the game. Sometimes you say the weirdest things, and your role sounds fishy. Having a role that cannot be proved in any way is also very convenient. Sage on the other hand gives town-reads all along. I'm not 100% sure yet.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Sage gives town reads? He has the most clearly mafia sided role possible. I am 99% sure the mafia is Sage gammel, and I can only appeal to you now to know I am not the mafia. I claimed day 1, and was believed. Sage on the other hand has a role that has only been used to kill people, and can only be used for that. His role is so clearly mafia. The only way to make it vaguely town sided would be to have players fake roles, which would be almost impossible unless there was a confirmed cop, or doc, etc.

No my role cannot be proved, but that is not he point. I have told you my role, now tell me if that is a mafia role? The ability to dodge kills? Thats just corp, why would there be another maf role like this?

Change your vote, win this game.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Sage on the other hand has a role that has only been used to kill people, and can only be used for that. His role is so clearly mafia.

No my role cannot be proved, but that is not he point. I have told you my role, now tell me if that is a mafia role? The ability to dodge kills? Thats just corp, why would there be another maf role like this?
It can't only be used to kill people, that's just what has wound up happening. If it was only used to kill people, why would mafia need a role to redirect their own kills? I used it to save ssd, he would've been dead and we would have had one less confirmed town. I saved spart the night before last as well and no town died because of this. And your role IS a mafia role imo. Corp are already bulletproof, so why would they have to have the ability to dodge kills?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
It can't only be used to kill people, that's just what has wound up happening. If it was only used to kill people, why would mafia need a role to redirect their own kills? I used it to save ssd, he would've been dead and we would have had one less confirmed town. I saved spart the night before last as well and no town died because of this. And your role IS a mafia role imo. Corp are already bulletproof, so why would they have to have the ability to dodge kills?
They woudlnt? But why would mafia? lol.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:54 PM

Prem, you haven't voted yet? If I have to hammer, I'm keeping my vote where it is. Screw me if I'm wrong. GG either way I guess.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:57 AM

GGQ bot isnt dead yet.

inb4 bot wins.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
GGQ bot isnt dead yet.

inb4 bot wins.
GGQ Banking wins regardless of what else happens in the game. His presence also does not factor into any other faction's win conditions.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

End Game

Three men remained; the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. But which was which? Ugly looks so much like Bad sometimes.

Premier Stalin, Dark_Sage and gammelonkel were all that remained of the 29 townsmen who had begun this mob justice lynching free-for-all. The police force had been wiped out, the proud line of INSANIAN kings ended, and the Corporation repelled from the city. One more vote would determine whether INSANIA would be cleansed of evil or fall under the sway of the mafia.

Earnestly they protested their innocence, loudly they shouted their accusations, until finally Premier Stalin, who had slipped by through the entire ordeal after an early claim of his role and power, found himself alone, facing the determined faces and set jawlines of gammelonkel and Dark_Sage.

"You're making a huge mistake!" he warned gammelonkel desperately, "the last scum is Dark_Sage, I swear it!" For a moment doubt seemed to cloud gammelonkel's eyes, but after that brief eternity he shook his head. Together with Dark_Sage he laid Premier Stalin down on the chopping block.

"For justice!" he called to Dark_Sage. Dark_Sage nodded and replied, "For freedom." He pulled the lever and the guillotine blade swept down. Premier Stalin's green blood sprayed everywhere.

Premier Stalin the Mikesol has been killed!
Quote:
You are the Mikesol. A prodigiously skilled time anchor, you have the ability to dodge any night kill ability by simply PMing me the letter 'd' during the night phase. Because time anchor is ludicrously over-powered, a cool-down has been added so that you cannot use time anchor two nights in a row. You win with town.
Dark_Sage wiped the blood from his eyes and stared at it, uncomprehending. His hand trembled. Finally he worked up the courage to look over at gammelonkel. The other man had popped up his collar, and was calmly tying up a tie that he had pulled out of some deep pocket. A blood red tie.

Not a word was spoken as gammelonkel finished the knot. Only after smoothing down his collar did the last member of INSANIA's mafia turn to smirk at Dark_Sage.

"Your constant meddling almost made a mess of things," gammelonkel said, "if you hadn't been around I would have had this whole thing wrapped up already."

Dark_Sage had no words. Shrugging, gammelonkel pulled out his gun and shot his last enemy twice in the chest.

Dark_Sage the Taxi Driver has been killed!
Quote:
You are the Taxi Driver. Every night you can select two players (you may not select yourself) who will have their positions switched. Any abilities targetting either of the two players will target the other player instead (For example, let's say you drive players A and B. On the same night someone tries to shoot A, and another player alignment checks B. The bullet aimed at A will kill B instead, and the person who checked B will get the alignment of A). You win with town.
gammelonkel the Mad Puppeteer is the sole survivor!
Quote:
You are the Mad Puppeteer. Your powers are incredible. Not even you understand how you do it, nor do you remember when or where you gained your powers. All you know is that you are capable of controlling other people's bodies. Every night, you can PM me a player you wish to take control of, and which player(s) you want him to target with his ability(s). I won't tell you which abilities the player you are controlling has, so unless you already know, you'll just have to guess how many targets to pick, and I'll attempt to resolve his actions as much as possible. Your teammates are -redacted-. The Mafia quicktopic is located at -redacted-. You win with Mafia.
The Mafia has won the game! Congratulations to gammelonkel, andy, acegunner, evilarsenal, duck duck pwn, and iamjagman on their victory! (Also to GGQ Banking, gratz man)

Following the mayhem of the mob justice lynching spree that devastated INSANIA, the Mafia established complete control of the city. A puppet government was set up and run by gammelonkel, the new Mafia Godfather and Overboss. Rumours abound of an heir to the throne who would one day restore honour and peace to the nation, but there is no indication that the criminal and corrupt Mafia government is going to be toppled anytime in the foreseeable future.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSANE MAFIA AWARDS

The ACE award for best town play goes to sunshineduck for his strong activity, pushing pro-town agendas, and correctly reading Kennedy. All around solid town play.

The fLb award for best scum play goes to Kennedy for actively participating and blending in with the posting townies while pushing his scum agendas. Special nod for figuring out BOTH of the bodyguards from their posts, handing the king to the Assassin on a silver platter.

The Sammich award for best use of a town power role goes to Dark_Sage, who kept numerous players alive who should have died long before they did.

The KLF award for best use of a scum power role goes to gammelonkel, who wreaked havoc with his puppeteer ability all game. Would have been even more devastating if Dark_Sage hadn't meddled with his plans several times.

The Lobstar award for going inactive when I really wished you would play goes to Woken. Come on, man.

The FRO award for best rookie goes to Ribilla, who didn't do anything particularly great, but was active and mostly did/said smart things.

The GenericNewClan award for worst claim goes to Premier Stalin, whose claim completely invalidated his role, and who made it worse by lying about it.

The IL award for best fake claim goes to gammelonkel, who made the only fake claim that anyone bought.

Sooooooo I think that's just about it. Here's all the roles and actions and such:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Good Game, everyone, hope we all had fun.

Last edited by GGQ; 09-25-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 AM

Damn, gammel...I fully believed your role claim...nicely done. Was interesting for my first mafia game. I'll observe a few more before jumping into another one though.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:23 AM

siiiiiick spread sheet was fun to look at, also lol at ggq bot able to die and kill that person the next night, why did no one think of killing him >.>
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 AM

sick play by gammel. i knew something was wrong when gammel mentioned that selfish was scum due to his "dream" about him, but when selfish was killed, his role revealed that he should've been shown as town from role checks.

gg.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Gammel what was your dream last night? And last night I switched spart and yank but I don't think it impacted anything because it doesnt apply to items as far as I know, and maf probably targeted spart so they killed yank instead.
I never killed anyone for the record. I put the bombs both on my self and spent the entire turn trying to convince mafia to kill me. Well done gammel but I recon you were OP.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

That's not exactly true; technically you killed spart. yank prior to that night had bombs on gammel and premier; if he had kept them on them and not moved them, then the town would have won. Instead, he moved both of his bombs on the last night to himself, and dark sage swapped his bomb placement to being on spart iirc. So yank blew up spart

Very good play by gammel; he had some scum slips early in the game that no one besides me seemed to notice (even kennedy when talking to him after we both had died didn't think gammel was scum until i pointed out the slip).

Very sad i was outed the way i was and that literally no one else, other than one post by goose, used the anon forums. Still, goose's post made me very sure that kennedy was either on the team of the person posting or the person posting, aka corp. But I really didn't do much else this game besides give a little bit of early game advice. Some people on our team wanted me to run, but I had no reason why my candidacy was better than an item game player nor better than rib, so I figured that was a bad idea, hence why no one on our team ran for mayor.

I think that's all my thoughts on the game; thanks GGQ for hosting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
siiiiiick spread sheet was fun to look at, also lol at ggq bot able to die and kill that person the next night, why did no one think of killing him >.>
I wanted to kill him; check the mafia QT

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 09-25-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 AM

GG everyone. So enjoyable. After lying my ass off, it's almost like winning with a bad conscience, but thats what this game is about.

Also, when Selfish turned out to be a godfather type corp-role, I was sure I was dead, as any rolechecks should have failed

Edit: Okay, reading that spreadsheet is so funny. Impressed how you kept track of who targeted who with both me and Sage switching things around.
Can we have the corp spreadsheet plz? I'd like to see Kennedys reasoning early on.

Last edited by gammelonkel; 09-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Very well played Gammel. Super fun game GGQ, here is the kingdom quicktopic for anyone who's interested, as it turns out I had the night read completely wrong and would have failed like everyone else.

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/sPR8YGs7jgU

Still think we would have won if our entire police force wasn't afk/retarded.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
That's not exactly true; technically you killed spart.
Um check again. Dark Sage is the townie that committed the switcheroo.

Spartan: "carrying two of yank's bombs, killed by gammelonkel"

Cant blame me.