Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:56 PM

Ssd how is the server determined in your scheme?

I also have a question. Today during t3c vs vlix i was kind of puzzled. It was 1-1 t3c lost the sexond match. 2 games were played on a us server, vlix asked to switch to an eu server but was denied, since it was t3c who lost the second match. This does not make sense. It is arbitrary whether you lost the first or the second match. Fact is that t3c had server advantage in the first two games, in case of a 3rd game vlix should have server advantage. The only reason we changed the the rule of last year sl ( start on us server,loser picks server) is that it is bs to change server twice. I also heard arr is applying the rule like i explained it and like it should be. This rule should be explained better imo, to overcome future confusion.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Based on the current rules: first two games must be played in US (unless agreed upon both teams) then the loser of game 2 gets to pick the server for game 3. Why yes I don't think it is perfect here that is how it is applied. Arr followed the rules to a tee from what I have seen, so I am not sure if you are accusing them otherwise or I am misunderstanding you.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefheart View Post

I also have a question. Today during t3c vs vlix i was kind of puzzled. It was 1-1 t3c lost the sexond match. 2 games were played on a us server, vlix asked to switch to an eu server but was denied, since it was t3c who lost the second match. This does not make sense. It is arbitrary whether you lost the first or the second match. Fact is that t3c had server advantage in the first two games, in case of a 3rd game vlix should have server advantage. The only reason we changed the the rule of last year sl ( start on us server,loser picks server) is that it is bs to change server twice. I also heard arr is applying the rule like i explained it and like it should be. This rule should be explained better imo, to overcome future confusion.
last paragraph, i bolded the important part ^_^
Old 05-27-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It doesnt really need to be said explicitly that if two teams MUTUALLY agree to have the games on another server/another time and stuff like that it is always fine. This is me saying it officially
As for what wyrd asked about the servers its basically what trendy said and also to speed things up because switching 2 times in a bo3 means that you can switch up to 4 times for a bo5 extending the wait time between games. If you think this is unfair i see nothing against starting some games on EU servers and some on US servers. As long as there is only one server switch per match its fine for me.
This explaims how the rule is intentioned. As we could even start some games on eu servers. How it is exactely written down is something that can be changed.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
last paragraph, i bolded the important part ^_^
Lol i misread. But yeah i could agree with your format then
Old 05-27-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefheart View Post

It was not intended to be like that so i will change the rule, two games will be played on US server and the third one can be played on EU server if any of the teams want to. There is no vacatio legis.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 PM

With the amount of active teams in APL right now, it might be good to have one or two additional active admins.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM

Proposition to slightly change the subbing rules (ingame subbing).

Change the allowed number of subbing to 2. Main reason for this is the random lag spikes people have. Given that if a player disconnects, the sub can step up. But if after that someone else times out aswell, the rest of the game is forced to be played 4v5 (or 5v6) even if the spiked players had rejoined the server.

Raising the amount of subs to 2 would give the teams a chance to put a dropped player back in and the opposing team wouldn't have to choose between being good sport and sitting one player and having a massive advantage on their side.

On another note, what if a player droppes out and rejoins the server (and the team) before the sub joins the team? Does the team waste its sub?
Also, are you allowed to sit and rejoin in middle of the game without wasting the sub? (comparable to the previous scenario)
Finally, if a team has only 5 (or 6) players, and one of them disconnects, are they forced to finish the game with only 4 (or 5)?

-J
Old 10-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Under current subbing rules: If one of your 5 starting players drop, then they may rejoin ONLY IF the sub does not join beforehand, so if they have a quick connection lost and come back right away then you are fine. Once the sub comes in the subbed player may not rejoin. This brings a point of strategy of when to use the sub into the game. I do not think we normally have a problem where a team would drop two players where two subs might be needed, I would think a team would not play people who are having connection issues unless they only have 5 people.

If a player drops that does not mean that they can not rejoin, the only time that it means they can not rejoin is if they drop/spec and the 6th(sub) player comes in to replace him/her. At any time other than players may drop/spec and rejoin.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 10-07-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
5. Player Information

Team Switching
A player can't teamswitch for that season after he has played an official APL game with a team, however if he hasnt played a game he will be able to change team. A player also can not play on two teams during APL (including on smurfs).
As written, it would seem "official game" means any game of the season (including pre-season). I believe this should be any game that alters late season, games that cause standing changes. Are pre-season games official?

I have talked with a few other admins about this. How other admins/players feel about this?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
As written, it would seem "official game" means any game of the season (including pre-season). I believe this should be any game that alters late season, games that cause standing changes. Are pre-season games official?

I have talked with a few other admins about this. How other admins/players feel about this?
Two thoughts on this:

1) I think that, technically, pre-season games shouldn't count as "official" games in this case as the normal season isn't affected by it at all. It's simply for fun and to see who shows up.

2) Even though I think that people should technically be allowed to team switch between pre-season and normal season - I think it's a pretty rude thing to do. What if someone was rejected from the team because they didn't have enough slots and then people switched right before the first game?

tl;dr - I think it should be allowed - but it's still rude (unless there are some extenuating circumstances that just so happened to occur between pre-season and normal season)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:16 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

switches between preseason and regular season were allowed up until the last APL afaik, but i'm not sure if evel is going off what DN said or his own rules
Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM

Im going to need some time to think about it. I agree with mike, its alright with team switching, but its the way its done that needs a change perhaps. How i dont know yet.