Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 AM

I always was ok with shorter bans for minor offenses, such as spec-chat infringments, but other admins told me it wasn't ok under the current system. I don't take those kind of bans into consideration when banning under another rule, though. It makes no sens.
Anyway, I'm quoting myself here:
Quote:
- the invisiblity of the ruling is what forces bans to be long in the first place. Because casual players who don't play often would not see short bans. Having a public record would not help, they wouldn't see it. Also because we don't know what people do with their life and we can't be sure the players will be around the next day, even for regular players, thus we can't put a 1 day ban. Even if the player comes back the next day, he could come back 24h and 1 min after the ban, thus not seeing it.
If we do implement shorter bans, we're gonna have to adress that point though. I guess there should already be a banlist that the server reads to; it definitely needs to use it and send a message of the ban (+ a warning on what it means in the future) the next time the player connects. Otherwise, it's gonna be pretty useless to ban people for a short time. Not knowing that the ban existed in the first place makes every points sps raised irrelevant.

edit: I only banned two people still in ladder at the time, every other bans came from people that already were offline. So they could only see the ban when coming back on time.

Last edited by Princess Squirtle; 02-11-2012 at 02:05 AM.