Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

righto. so i've done a little thinking and this is what i've decided.

i've been breadcrumbing my role ddp-style the past two posts, but i figure that the people that would *get* that would have a much higher chance of being maf than protective role anyway. i'm the cop.

if i didn't claim today i would very likely have died tonight. if i was a blue again it wouldn't have mattered as much, but since i'm actually a decent role this time i figure it's in our best interest to keep me alive.

so i want to lynch evil. discuss
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
confused as to why it's day start to begin with, wondering if it's role related. potentially a role that can stop a vote or something, hopefully not as silly like a role being able to clear themselves.

on the off chance that we are opposed to lynching evilarsenal, i suggest we lynch flexio because he really annoys me.

plzdontbandwagononme<3
There's no harm in whoever we are lynching claiming, but giving them the deciding vote if no one CCs is silly, e.g. we might have multiple cops (so if he claims cop, then gets CC'd we'll probably end up lynching both our cops) or he might just make up a role.

The set up seems to be themed rather than a pure vanilla game so I reckon we are either dealing with powerful third parties (like cult) or mafia with crazy powers.

I don't think we should out roles, I see that benefiting the mafia more than anything else. IMO wait until they have something to report then out themselves. By this I mean a guilty report or an inno on someone who is about to be mislynched.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
righto. so i've done a little thinking and this is what i've decided.

i've been breadcrumbing my role ddp-style the past two posts, but i figure that the people that would *get* that would have a much higher chance of being maf than protective role anyway. i'm the cop.

if i didn't claim today i would very likely have died tonight. if i was a blue again it wouldn't have mattered as much, but since i'm actually a decent role this time i figure it's in our best interest to keep me alive.

so i want to lynch evil. discuss
I feel like the breadcrumbing is just there to try and make your claim more legit especially as you outted yourself so soon after. Anyway it's very likely that there is at least one cop so as long as no one CCs you're probably town.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Alright guys we basically have two options here.

We can ask for an investigative power role to claim under the assumption that we have both adequate protection for him and mafia/third parties lack a way to hinder his ability, or we can do this blind. I vote the latter, 'cause outing prs hinders every roles equality which will impede scumhunting with mafia just trying to placate the clears.
charschars
Old 04-18-2012, 09:23 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

if its a day start.... do the mafia know their partner yet? someone confirm this
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
charschars
Quote:
K, so either we have 2 cops or one of Kennedy or SSD is maf.

I think it's unlikely they are both maf and bussing the other because there are weaker players who they could sacrifice.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 PM

^^ That we know this is good for town.

I suggest that the cops go on each other for tonight and we don't lynch between them and lose our power role.

If the cops get guilty on one another then we probably have a mafia

If one gets guilty and the other gets an inno we probably have a cop and an insane/paranoid.

If they both get innos we either have two cops or one cop and a naive.

I don't think we should lynch on the basis that if they both turn out to be cops we will probably end up mislynching them both which would be sad.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM

Kennedy and SSD did either of you get Sane in your role description?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 PM

There's no mention of theme anywhere, so I'm thinking a standard setup, 9-3-1 as ssd said with 4-6 PRs, not all of which will be helpful to town (ex. miller), which would be typical of a balanced normal setup, perhaps pulled from mafiascum. I wouldn't rule out less common roles, though.

Acronym-based softclaims are silly; what it lacks in believability, it makes up for in plausible deniability.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Kennedy and SSD did either of you get Sane in your role description?
No, sanity wasn't mentioned.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 PM

Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
if its a day start.... do the mafia know their partner yet? someone confirm this
Mafia know their partner(s) and were able to discuss pregame.

Last edited by horrordude0215; 04-19-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Don't try to outguess me.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrordude0215 View Post
Mafia know their partner and were able to discuss pregame.
Does this mean there's only two mafia?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Mafia know their partner and were able to discuss pregame.
lol thanks, and yes kennedy.. this game just got a lot easier...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 PM

also, if they discussed pregame, they already planned what they said and would do... the people that are talking the most, would be my fos presumably, but im not rereading the thread right now as we have a week.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
also, if they discussed pregame, they already planned what they said and would do... the people that are talking the most, would be my fos presumably, but im not rereading the thread right now as we have a week.
read this as:
"I fos the people talking the most because they're the easiest targets based on a very small amount of inference, but I'm not going to back that fos up right now because there will probably be a bandwagon I can easily jump on to in a couple of days."

can we lynch evil?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 AM

Is the mafia KP just 1 a night, not including any of their potential powers, is it dependent on their size or is that part of the no reveal?

Quote:
5. Days will start out 1 week long, but I will lengthen that timeframe if I feel the game is going too slowly.
By lengthen do you mean shorten?

Quote:
Lynch Mj, for tradition's sake.
YOU GO DIE IN A FIRE!!!

Quote:
^^ That we know this is good for town.

I suggest that the cops go on each other for tonight and we don't lynch between them and lose our power role.

If the cops get guilty on one another then we probably have a mafia

If one gets guilty and the other gets an inno we probably have a cop and an insane/paranoid.

If they both get innos we either have two cops or one cop and a naive.

I don't think we should lynch on the basis that if they both turn out to be cops we will probably end up mislynching them both which would be sad.
I don't see this as a good idea for a few reasons. First of all, I would put the scenarios of 1 being cop and the other being mafia, and just guessing there's a cop in the setup since both are really good players, 1 being cop the other being fool, and even 1 being fool and 1 being mafia with no cop in the setup, all ahead of a scenario with 2 cops with whatever sanity. Secondly, if they both investigate others and get guiltys on each other, its a waste of an investigation. And what if they get an inno and a guilty, do we really have a real cop and an insane/paranoid, or a mafia pretending they got an inno to cast doubt on a real cop.

We don't have to lynch between them, but telling them to investigate each other is just a waste imo.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 AM

I will neither confirm nor deny the number of mafia in the game. For those of you speculating based on my post(s), stop. It could have been a typo for all you know, and I don't like a lot of outgess the mod in this case. Setup speculation is fine, but my posts should be read as a neutral third party that just knows everyone's roles.

Last edited by horrordude0215; 04-19-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
Is the mafia KP just 1 a night, not including any of their potential powers, is it dependent on their size or is that part of the no reveal?
Unknown.

Quote:
Yes.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:12 AM

Will roles be revealed upon death?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
Will roles be revealed upon death?
Yes they will.

Also, added Rule 11 for everyone's benefit.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:

YOU GO DIE IN A FIRE!!!

I don't see this as a good idea for a few reasons. First of all, I would put the scenarios of 1 being cop and the other being mafia, and just guessing there's a cop in the setup since both are really good players, 1 being cop the other being fool, and even 1 being fool and 1 being mafia with no cop in the setup, all ahead of a scenario with 2 cops with whatever sanity. Secondly, if they both investigate others and get guiltys on each other, its a waste of an investigation. And what if they get an inno and a guilty, do we really have a real cop and an insane/paranoid, or a mafia pretending they got an inno to cast doubt on a real cop.

We don't have to lynch between them, but telling them to investigate each other is just a waste imo.
I completely forgot that there could be a fool >.<

The wording of our win condition does make it appear as though there is at least one 3rd party and fool seems likely.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
read this as:
"I fos the people talking the most because they're the easiest targets based on a very small amount of inference, but I'm not going to back that fos up right now because there will probably be a bandwagon I can easily jump on to in a couple of days."

can we lynch evil?
ur an epic mafia player thats really good, so your going to lynch the person with an unpredetermined thought, i didn't even fos people yet. You know better than that, and your fos isn't serious so you might as well back out now, i know your strats cuz i've played EM with you a lot
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 AM

it was a hugely smart play by kennedy to breadcrumb cop in that manner if he's maf since there's 0 risk attached if there's no cop and he would win any head-to-head cc. personally i find it unlikely that that there's a fool simply because it's a closed setup and one poorly thought out lynch would end the game and all the hard work that was put in balancing the setup.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:50 AM

lets not lynch anyone and let the pr's do their work?, it is a day start...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:10 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

9-3-1 seems likely. If SSD is mafia, I think mafia has a hooker. Barring a decision to lynch cop CCs today, any watchers/trackers should consider being on one of the cop claims to make sure we're getting reports and that these claims are legit.

SSD, why did you feel the need to claim d1?

Kennedy, why would you suggest a lynch on evil instead of on your CC?

Flexio, were you being serious in your response to my lynch vote?

Rib, out of the two cop claims, which do you believe the most and why?

And let it be known that Kennedy completely ignored replying to my indisputable evidence of his being mafia.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
9-3-1 seems likely. If SSD is mafia, I think mafia has a hooker. Barring a decision to lynch cop CCs today, any watchers/trackers should consider being on one of the cop claims to make sure we're getting reports and that these claims are legit.

And let it be known that Kennedy completely ignored replying to my indisputable evidence of his being mafia.
i love this game and i love you ddpizzle
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
charschars
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post

I don't know yet, I think the reports each give will be interesting.

Going back Kennedy breadcrumbed first but claimed last.

If SSD had been the first to breadcrumb then I would have been most suspicious of Kennedy because it's in mafia's interest to CC to confuse the town and they wouldn't have known that cop would come out so quick. However, as it is there isn't much between them I don't think we want to risk losing a power player N1. I guess trackers/watchers should be on them (if we have any).

The more I think about one of them being maf though the less it makes sense; we all agree that there's probably 3 to 4 mafia; if you were on that team why in hell would you sacrifice SSD or Kennedy, there would have to be someone better to kill off in exchange for the cop. It seems more likely to me that either they are both cops or there is some role that benefits from getting lynched/ getting the other lynched.

We probably do have a cop, but it's not a sure thing, we had a similar size game last time with no cop present. So it may be that neither claim is legit.

Regardless I don't think we should lynch between them yet; that can be done at any time. I also don't think we should lynch evil, I'm much more suspicious of those lurking and letting this little drama play out on it's own.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Why would you have died?

Kennedy is probably a higher priority target for maf and any healing roles would have been on you or him, I don't think mafia would have taken the risk of wasting a kill on someone who is very likely to be protected.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM

wow, i wish we knew what the roles are.... if we don't, that means the day start gives us an advantage of a random lynch.........

2 important options
1. Not lynch
2. to lynch after a week of evidence and nonsense

We have lots of time, so let everyone talk, and if someone doesnt, lurkers get lynched right away or become priority...if not, we can take the most guilty or suspicious one since we have a week of posts and ****

Although, people need to keep in mind that no lynching, is a very important option that we have and we cannot forget it as this is the best option on a daystart setup.

Wish mafia didn't know their partners -.- like in EM, otherwise this game would be more fun and gg

Ok, My first point of view is, past games of mafia

When the partner knows their other partner, there are certain patterns of interaction that occur that give them away, and Kennedy knows it, so our best chance is to let people talk

have fun, i will post what i did before because it still seems as a viable option.

April 19th, 2012... An innocent evil child was walking down the road...

Oh guys... look what i found... its a wagon of bands... I'll get in. Guys... its starting to rolling down hill... where are the brakes... WHERE ARE THE.... OH GOD

THE BANDWAGON HAS NO BRAKES AHH IM HEADED TOWARDS SAGE AHHHHHHHHHHH SOMEONE AHHHHH

HE'S THE DEMON PULLING THE BANDWAGON DOWN HILL LYNCH HIM!

I propose Dark_Sage to be lifted to heaven by the dark tree on top of the hill of our beloved town as i smoked a finely rolled gentleman's tobacco stick!

Reason for dark_sage: 1 post, a fos for everyone that can logically understand why... cuz he's lurking as fU.Kc he's my teammate in the new ball clan and old AH (RIP :[ ) BUT also, we cannot be biased ladies and gentlewomen.

I also want to see how people react to my fos...

Why not sage? if not sage, then who?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Why would you have died?

Kennedy is probably a higher priority target for maf and any healing roles would have been on you or him, I don't think mafia would have taken the risk of wasting a kill on someone who is very likely to be protected.
i haven't lasted long in mafia games since i started winning them. i actually only ever survive past d2 when i'm scum.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
The wording of our win condition does make it appear as though there is at least one 3rd party and fool seems likely.
Yes, the wording of the win condition does make it seem like there is an anti-town non-killing role.

Evil, why are you claiming to having a partner? As far as I know, only mafia have partners. Very scummy if you ask me. Why should we not lynch your scummyness?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, the wording of the win condition does make it seem like there is an anti-town non-killing role.

Evil, why are you claiming to having a partner? As far as I know, only mafia have partners. Very scummy if you ask me. Why should we not lynch your scummyness?
i'm not claiming to have a partner, if i did sorry, it was a mis-type... im just saying day starts have a huge significance and i'm just trying to be logical...

i don't want town to be retarded and do stuff without reason. If we're lynching someone, lets get it right. If we can't agree, we have to no lynch... just trying to be logical, and i hope people can see it my way...

However, the mafia partners know their partners so it changes the psychology of this game.

TL;DR i did not claim to have a partner, sorry for making it seem like that, or you read it wrong.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM

So basically evil now has a partner based on his slip up. Vote evil imo
Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Might be a slip up or it might just be evil being evil, it's something to watch.

Besides, what exactly have you contributed other than lurking and then trying to start a BW?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Might be a slip up or it might just be evil being evil, it's something to watch.

Besides, what exactly have you contributed other than lurking and then trying to start a BW?
Hadn't looked at the thread since I confirmed. Still, even tho I had said vote evil I agree it's too early to draw major conclusions but it's worth monitoring.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Hadn't looked at the thread since I confirmed. Still, even tho I had said vote evil I agree it's too early to draw major conclusions but it's worth monitoring.
So....

You going to acknowledge that you were lurking and go back to lurking or are you going to post your thoughts. Everyone should give their opinion on this cop business.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Why are you so certain? I just see it as evil saying that mafia knows who their partners are because thats how it seems to always work in the alti mafia games...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM

I don't want to lynch between cops today - for all I know we're both legit and will share a night meeting / report tonight, which is what happens when there's two cops in EM.

It's also possible that one of us is paranoid/naive/insane. If we don't share a meeting then I think we should both out reports tomorrow and 100% lynch one of them.

My strongest town read right now is Ribilla.

Flexio is playing his normal pro-town game where he gives a lot of suggestions, but I don't recall seeing him play mafia so I'm not ready to out a read on him. I do think you all underestimate his skill a lot though, and I'd caution you against both ignoring his reads and taking him too closely at face value.

I think it's weird that Balln would basically afk for two days and then instantly push what seems like the easy choice for a lynch on EvilArsenal, especially because he backed off of it so quickly. I think he felt like he overplayed his position and tried to get back on the fence.

I like MJ's thought process and his back and forth with Ribilla. He seems to be trying to figure out the setup and figuring out a good course of action for town - I don't necessarily agree with him, but his mindset seems town.

I want to hear more from FU, Selfish, Andy, and Smush. I also suggest replacing Andy at this point since he hasn't checked in.