Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to lynch between cops either; I agree with whoever said (DDP?) that investigative roles should be on them to see what they do. In other words I think we should no lynch today assuming maf doesnt completely eff up.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I confirm this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I also suggest replacing Andy at this point since he hasn't checked in.
This is why you're a bad mod.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 PM

Shut up and deal with it
Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
I don't think it's a good idea to lynch between cops either; I agree with whoever said (DDP?) that investigative roles should be on them to see what they do. In other words I think we should no lynch today assuming maf doesnt completely eff up.
I agree with this. We should wait on the cops as their play tonight will help us determine what to do next. That said, I don't think they will both turn out to be cops.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

let's hear what other people have to say, we have plenty of time before we vote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM

I don't like an evil lynch for meta reasons. His overeager posts hint at either PR or mafia, which means we'd be outing another PR if we force him to claim. SSD's cc play is a bit sloppy, but that can be chalked up to being intimidated by Kennedy. As for Rib's reasoning, if one of them is mafia, either can be it because you don't send the noob to cc cop. Also, breadcrumb chronology doesn't mean much considering how safe of a play Kennedy's was. Too much variability for a cop lynch.

Looking forward to SSD's answer to Ribilla and Kennedy's answer to DDP.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i already answered you nitwit
Old 04-19-2012, 11:06 PM

So i read the whole thread (I didnt think the game was gonna go so fast considering 7 days day phases) and i have spotted some posts that dont feel right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
^^ That we know this is good for town.

I suggest that the cops go on each other for tonight and we don't lynch between them and lose our power role.

If the cops get guilty on one another then we probably have a mafia

If one gets guilty and the other gets an inno we probably have a cop and an insane/paranoid.

If they both get innos we either have two cops or one cop and a naive.

I don't think we should lynch on the basis that if they both turn out to be cops we will probably end up mislynching them both which would be sad.
Really terrible suggestion that would lead to nothing. I didnt expect that from ribilla that usually thinks out his pro town plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
i haven't lasted long in mafia games since i started winning them. i actually only ever survive past d2 when i'm scum.
This post doesnt really make sense because ribilla is saying that kennedy could be a higher priority target on the mafia kill list and SSD is answering by saying that he never survives when hes mafia. Did you actually mean town? If so should we interpret this as a honest mistake? Or am i just reading everything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
So basically evil now has a partner based on his slip up. Vote evil imo
Ok so ballin thinks that evil slipped (I read the post but if someone can actually point out where he implies he had a partner it will make much more sense to me) and now wants to lynch evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Hadn't looked at the thread since I confirmed. Still, even tho I had said vote evil I agree it's too early to draw major conclusions but it's worth monitoring.
Ribilla posts two lines and suddenly ballin is convinced evil is not a big threat anymore. Was there something else that made you change your mind or is it just that ribilla made you think?

Other things:
- Evil gives me some sort of mafia feeling.
- We shouldnt lynch between cops.
- Kennedy's claim doesnt mean anything to me, hes an experienced player and I would expect him to do that in both cases.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
- Kennedy's claim doesnt mean anything to me, hes an experienced player and I would expect him to do that in both cases.
Maybe the cops on each other isn't the best play, but it's not a terrible one, it would at least tell us if both of them were town or not; but since people more experienced than me think that is unlikely maybe it's not the greatest route.

Regardless, what are the two cases you're talking about? You'd expect Kennedy to claim cop whatever role he got?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Looking forward to SSD's answer to Ribilla and Kennedy's answer to DDP.
Response to what, exactly? DDP is jokingly pushing on me in a way that doesn't really merit a counterargument.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I don't like an evil lynch for meta reasons. His overeager posts hint at either PR or mafia, which means we'd be outing another PR if we force him to claim. SSD's cc play is a bit sloppy, but that can be chalked up to being intimidated by Kennedy.
SSD pretty much steamrolled me last time we were on opposite teams. I don't see why you'd chalk anything up to intimidation. Try again, Fu.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 PM

Also, I don't really get maf vibes from evil, he's really eager and posting a lot of slightly odd stuff, which probably means he's a town getting drunk too much or a third party (fool) looking to get lynched. I don't think a maf would stick their neck out that much.

Atm I'd prefer to lynch a lurky character than evil, maf lurking has been a theme of pretty much every game I've played in, but there is still a lot of day time left to get some posts going; I'm just waiting on some better stuff from players like Sage who has only managed just over one line that isn't a confirmation.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
SSD pretty much steamrolled me last time we were on opposite teams. I don't see why you'd chalk anything up to intimidation. Try again, Fu.
China so lulzy.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 AM

stfu.

****************]chars[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 AM

Hey Kennedy are you intentionally ignoring certain posts or are you just rusty from hosting so many games?

Try again.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Also, I don't really get maf vibes from evil, he's really eager and posting a lot of slightly odd stuff, which probably means he's a town getting drunk too much or a third party (fool) looking to get lynched. I don't think a maf would stick their neck out that much.

Atm I'd prefer to lynch a lurky character than evil, maf lurking has been a theme of pretty much every game I've played in, but there is still a lot of day time left to get some posts going; I'm just waiting on some better stuff from players like Sage who has only managed just over one line that isn't a confirmation.
i am legit being the most logical, and i explain everything i say

how the **** is anyone getting mafia vibes, you guys are ****ing retarded

i play the unorthodox way of mafia, and you guys listen to one part and are completely biased. Stop being biased and ****ing think, i explain everything... just because, you "prefer to lynch a lurky character than evil", is useless for reasoning

every action has thought put behind it, besides from all the townies because they are retarded, and every action has ramifications... people react, and we try to read these. Know the people and how they play, because if your going to be retarded, your basically helping mafia which means you should be lynched anyways...

from here on out, i will legit fos people who are retarded, because mafia or not, we will lose the game if people are dumb, and make posts solely off hunches or "vibes"...

mafia vibes? really dude, who cares what you think, because everyone can still be mafia cuz no one has any evidence, everyone can have vibes, and mafia could just be spitting bull**** to confuse people

fos ribilla until he makes a logical statement
Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
i am legit being the most logical, and i explain everything i say

how the **** is anyone getting mafia vibes, you guys are ****ing retarded

i play the unorthodox way of mafia, and you guys listen to one part and are completely biased. Stop being biased and ****ing think, i explain everything... just because, you "prefer to lynch a lurky character than evil", is useless for reasoning

every action has thought put behind it, besides from all the townies because they are retarded, and every action has ramifications... people react, and we try to read these. Know the people and how they play, because if your going to be retarded, your basically helping mafia which means you should be lynched anyways...

from here on out, i will legit fos people who are retarded, because mafia or not, we will lose the game if people are dumb, and make posts solely off hunches or "vibes"...

mafia vibes? really dude, who cares what you think, because everyone can still be mafia cuz no one has any evidence, everyone can have vibes, and mafia could just be spitting bull**** to confuse people

fos ribilla until he makes a logical statement
Let me break down my post for you:
  • I don't think you are mafia
  • This is because you are playing aggressively, posting a lot and appear to be trying to help town (albeit in your own 'unique' manner).
  • However your play could be that of a fool putting himself forward for a lynch, but not being too explicit about it.

Comprendre?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 AM

Is this turning into FU vs kennedy with SSD watching again? I think i've seen this once already.

Also evil you say that mafia vibes are worthless yet you say you post all that stuff to check people's reactions, what are you trying to achieve? Do you really think someone will blatantly scumslip? Maybe 'vibes' are our best option.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Hey Kennedy are you intentionally ignoring certain posts or are you just rusty from hosting so many games?

Try again.
If you're going to call me out for ignoring certain posts you should probably point out the posts in question.

Try again.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 AM

Cool

Quote:
Is this turning into FU vs kennedy with SSD watching again? I think i've seen this once already.

Also evil you say that mafia vibes are worthless yet you say you post all that stuff to check people's reactions, what are you trying to achieve? Do you really think someone will blatantly scumslip? Maybe 'vibes' are our best option.

Weren't they both mafia that time?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:

after we get reports and later in to the game... i've repeatedly said this multiple times... they are worthless now, but next day, they become very valuable, and each day makes them more valuable. Once we get reports, we'll be able to narrow down and reduce risk of lynching a townie
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 AM

Actually don't worry about it. All of DDP's posts were jokes and should be ignored. Oh and those of SSD, too.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
This post doesnt really make sense because ribilla is saying that kennedy could be a higher priority target on the mafia kill list and SSD is answering by saying that he never survives when hes mafia. Did you actually mean town? If so should we interpret this as a honest mistake? Or am i just reading everything wrong.
i said that i only survive when i am mafia

and fwiw, i did claim first, i didn't cc kennedy. i'm also not intimidated by him, it's just unrealistic to believe that he would be lynched if we were to go head to head since he's a much better player than i am
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
Kennedy, why would you suggest a lynch on evil instead of on your CC?
chairsssss
Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
chairsssss
mfw i've already answered this question at length
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Lynching between cops is a bad idea, and I also wouldn't prefer an Evil lynch; right now I think Balln is the best lynch, as shown in this post this post and this post. Overall he's contributed little to the game and appearing to me as lurky scum. I'm going to lay my vote down now; I have plenty of time to change it if I'm convinced otherwise.

Also, what's the deal with Smushface? No posts since the game's start? :/
Old 04-20-2012, 04:25 PM

Sorry, don't really have a lot to contribute right now. Not that I'm lurking, I just don't have anything strong to contribute right now.

I do agree that the Kennedy drop is silly because it is essentially no risk, high reward. But he chose weird wording to do it, so be on the lookout for that in the future.

SSD seems more likely to be cop to me based on intuition, but then again, it could just be a high risk, high reward play.

Ball'n done goofed up and evil is probably a PR or mafia.

See? Nothing new to add.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
Lynching between cops is a bad idea, and I also wouldn't prefer an Evil lynch; right now I think Balln is the best lynch, as shown in this post this post and this post. Overall he's contributed little to the game and appearing to me as lurky scum. I'm going to lay my vote down now; I have plenty of time to change it if I'm convinced otherwise.

Also, what's the deal with Smushface? No posts since the game's start? :/
I thought evil slipped, then after seeing other posts went back and reevaluated his post and realized it could of been nothing. I will say I'm still getting a mafia vibe from evil but I have nothing to back the claim up. Realistically the people barely posting are most likely to be scum but we can't just lynch one of them randomly.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.

Quote:
holy **** guys be more active
^ Yeah that.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM

Less activity, shorter deadline. You now have until Sunday the 22nd at 10 PM PST now. Pick up the pace everyone.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:00 AM

Okay, who should we lynch if we aren't picking between cops?

My first choice is going to be Sage, I know he's a good player from the game where he was a town sided driver who repeatedly messed mafia up, but he has yet to contribute any new thought to this thread. He's not the only one guilty of this, but he seems to be differing from his usual playstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
This is his one (non confirmational) post which doesn't say anything which hasn't been posted before. Also, what does he mean when he says "assuming mafia don't completely **** up?" Seems like a slight non sequitur tacked onto the end of a generic statement.

I don't think we should no lynch, the game was balanced around a D1 start and if we manage to hit a mafia early (assuming a 11-3-1 set up) then we've put a severe dent in them.

If Sage wants to contribute then I'm fine with targeting someone else, but we need to decide on a candidate soon with that time frame and I don't want to waste a chance to lynch a mafia. Let's get some lynch candidates going and possibly a claim on the top two so we can decide between them.

Kennedy, SSD, Smush, you're our most experienced players; who do you think is the best lynch candidate/ should we no lynch?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:01 AM

Edit: Add DDP, Andy and [Y] to that list.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Edit: Add DDP, Andy and [Y] to that list.
Is this because I pointed out your different playstyle? Or is there another reason?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Is this because I pointed out your different playstyle? Or is there another reason?

It's the list of experienced players I who I think ought to give their lynch opinion ASAP.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
It's the list of experienced players I who I think ought to give their lynch opinion ASAP.
Think i misread because i was drunk, check the time lol. I gave some opinions before and honestly there hasnt been enogh posting after that to make me think about new stuff. I would like SSD and Kennedy to post more. Also i would like some sort of system so that SSD and kennedy dont end up investigating the same person. So maybe SSD takes the first half of the list and decides and Kennedy the second half.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM

How viable is having both cops investigate the same person? Two innos- we have a clear. Two guilty reports- we have a mafia. If we have one inno and one guilty, we lynch a cop cc, which gives us either a clear or a mafia and the remaining cop cc to be dealt with. A bit of personal speculation- considering the nature of my role and the fact that it's horror's first game hosted here, I'm expecting a pretty tame setup and not a cop variation, but we'll see.

There's not much to go on concerning non cop cc's. Rib is towntelling like a mofo (though we haven't seen him play as mafia), Smush and DDP could be useful later on if they're town, and evil is posting while on drugs which, while meta (are chatlogs allowed for confirmation?), should have facilitated some sort slip by now. Safest lynch is probably Selfish Lover, who hasn't touched the cop issue and has been absentee save for that post about balln.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM

You havent said anything about sage. Why would you pick selfish over sage?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 PM

I agree with fu in that them investigating the same person wouldn't be a bad thing.

On who to choose for a lynch. I would have to say both selfish and sage have contributed the least. Smush has at least given his opinions in his one post.

Of the 2, I would lean towards sage because of his feelings of a pro mafia agenda of no lynching today.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 PM

Because of the slight activity increase, you guys can have 24 more hours if you need it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:44 PM

omfg I just had like two pages written out and my browser crashed fml