Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Server News
FAQ Community Calendar

Server News Announcements related to privately hosted servers.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Default pineapples 1dm - home of "dat bot"

pineapples 1dm was originally setup to replace the new england 1life server. the new england server is back now, but pineapples lives on! why, you ask? because thanks to silent skies, B4, and RedLight, pineapples has much more map variety! the server is hosted on a VPS in chicago.

the rules are simple: if you can't be respectful and mature, keep your mouth shut. we will probably give a warning before kicking or banning, but please try not to be a menace in the first place.

main server:
games go to 5, win by 2
max ping: 275
bot difficulty: expert
camera scale: 110%

private server for matches, practice, etc:
games go to 5, win by 2
password: godfruit
max ping: 500
camera scale: 110%

admins:
blarg ;[
Aero Beast
Kate Wolf
M-pilot
TmG
RedLight
silent skies
ASneakyNumbnuts

feel free to post here or talk to me in game about any comments, suggestions, problems, etc. have fun!

Last edited by blarg; 07-13-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM

Awesome, I love this server. Xen hosting sure seems to have made a difference so far. Haven't experienced any spikes yet.

I'm a little concerned about setting the view scale to 105%. From my experience, that seems to mess up map's graphics slightly, skewing the slices around in some weird way. Any way we could just change the plane scale instead?

Last edited by RedLight; 05-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:34 PM

dat goddamn probot
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
I'm a little concerned about setting the view scale to 105%. From my experience, that seems to mess up map's graphics slightly, skewing the slices around in some weird way. Any way we could just change the plane scale instead?
I've noticed this kind of skewing on quite a few maps, now that you mention it.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
i switched it over to 95% plane/100% camera. after a few games, i think it works fine gameplay-wise, though i still noticed slight graphical problems on slick.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
dat goddamn probot
it's how sinstar trained 0-o
Old 05-12-2012, 02:14 PM

Most people are just used to the occasional herp-a-derp bot you find on the official servers or wherever.

This bot still can't find its way out of a paper bag, but its bullets sure can. It is deceptively good.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 AM

I entered the server and then I was suddenly banned for 300 days. The reason was, 'for being a fag'. The admin that banned me was, Aero<pilot> (Aero Beast)

I don't think this is a suitable reason to ban someone for 300 days for, as I was just entering to play some 1dm on this server.

Lift my ban please, thanks. (maybe dismiss Aero<pilot> from his privileges)

~Fluffy
Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
I entered the server and then I was suddenly banned for 300 days. The reason was, 'for being a fag'. The admin that banned me was, Aero<pilot> (Aero Beast)

I don't think this is a suitable reason to ban someone for 300 days for, as I was just entering to play some 1dm on this server.

Lift my ban please, thanks. (maybe dismiss Aero<pilot> from his privileges)

~Fluffy
I've had dealings with him before, he spammed me for a duel then when I beat him he accused me of hacking. I'm unsure why he's allowed to be an admin.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 AM

I encoutered you a few times in the past on servers, always screeching on how 'ez' it is to kill others, call people noobs etc.
Might be your behaviour that needs fixing instead of the ban.

tl;dr - IMO, don't lift ban.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 AM

Well, can't he express his opinion about other players? Or is it wrong to say something like "lol that was ez" after killing everyone? If he thinks someone is bad, nothing will change his mind. Not even a ban.

Lift the ban. Democracy please.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 AM

I will lift the ban for now, but Fluffy last time I encountered you in the 1dm server you were being a general annoyance to all players. You repeatedly commented on how when you died, your team would die because they no longer had you.

If this continues to the same extent as it did in the past, the ban will be reinstated (albeit with a much more reasonable time).

Aero, please do not do such extreme bans in the future. If someone is annoying you personally, just mute them. If they are annoying everyone in the server after repeated warnings, then ban for a reasonable time. Cheers.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appeltaart View Post
I encoutered you a few times in the past on servers, always screeching on how 'ez' it is to kill others, call people noobs etc.
Might be your behaviour that needs fixing instead of the ban.

tl;dr - IMO, don't lift ban.
your tl;dr was like half the length of your actual post. why would you even?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
I will lift the ban for now, but Fluffy last time I encountered you in the 1dm server you were being a general annoyance to all players. You repeatedly commented on how when you died, your team would die because they no longer had you.

If this continues to the same extent as it did in the past, the ban will be reinstated (albeit with a much more reasonable time).

Aero, please do not do such extreme bans in the future. If someone is annoying you personally, just mute them. If they are annoying everyone in the server after repeated warnings, then ban for a reasonable time. Cheers.
well said. admins, please use your powers only when really necessary- less is more.

PS: rib, maybe if you did not hax so blatantly these things would not happen xD
Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM

So, can pilot members commandeer the server for clan practice when they feel like it? Thought the private one was for your scrims...
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM

That is actually a good question, all admins are in pilot.
Maybe we should play more in NewEngland where we know that its not 1 clan that rules.

/jk but srsly <pilot> clan?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM

People shouldn't feel dominated because everyone in <pilot> plays and admins the server. I'm likely to be better than 6 out of 6 of the admins.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
So, can pilot members commandeer the server for clan practice when they feel like it? Thought the private one was for your scrims...
we've only done that once that i know of (before there was the private server). has it happened more recently? such commandeering is not cool with me; as you say, that's what the private server is for.

i hear you guys about all the pilot admins. i have added a couple people i can trust to not be jerks- see first post.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
has it happened more recently?
There was an almost-incident a few days ago... Person in question forgot the PW to the private server and considered doing force-spec or booting non-pilots to use pineapples.

End result was that they eventually went somewhere else, so I don't feel the need to drop names here. I was just wondering if there was precedent to this kind of possibility, or what your stance on it was. Thanks for clearing that up.

*edit* oh hey I'm an admin now >.> ty blarg

Last edited by silent skies; 07-13-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 PM

I have been banned again by Aero. This time for a year. Reason: fag

Now, this is getting out of hand, can someone please remove him from the admin list?

Please unban me because i didnt do anything wrong apart from say hello.
thanks,
~Fluffy
Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 AM

Every time you join the server you call everyone in it ez or a noob. I have been told by several people that you are rude and disrespectful and I myself am sick of hearing you insult people every time you join the server.

Last edited by Aero_Beast; 07-14-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 AM

I don't get it. You justify the ban saying all that but the moment the ban occurred you gave the reason "fag"?

Being told things about someone shouldn't lead to a ban immediately he joins the server and that long. You should only apply it when such behaviors you were told are being put to use.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 AM

If you read the rules of the server you would see that that kind of behavior is prohibited. You have been kicked with warnings before I see no reason as to why my admin should be taken away.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:32 AM

Fair point. But no need to give "fag" as a reason, "Prohibited Behavior" would've been more appropriate. It just makes you look bad as the admin you are.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:44 AM

Solution: Fluffy gets one more chance, Aero stops using 'fag' as a reason for banning people (unless he's being deliberately hypocritical)
Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 AM

and a ban for a year just for intimidating you by using words like 'ez' and 'noob'... You must have been really mad, please be more considerate with you ban limits.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:40 PM

Fluffy, I've removed the ban. Aero, I suggest that you seriously consider whether your personal opinion of Fluffy is blinding the facts.

I hope that banning of this kind will not continue in pineapples.

Last edited by RedLight; 07-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Solution: Fluffy gets one more chance, Aero stops using 'fag' as a reason for banning people (unless he's being deliberately hypocritical)
folks we have a winner
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM

Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...

i was the last person alive on my team and 5-0'd the other team

then i said 'ded'

is that bannable

i don't want to get fluffy'd

i'm so confused

i'm so scared

hold me
Old 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM

1dm without powerups would be much better imo.

1. Randas are better with powerups than other planes.
2. No powerup camping waiting for health or whatever.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
1dm without powerups would be much better imo.

1. Randas are better with powerups than other planes.
2. No powerup camping waiting for health or whatever.
i kinda agree. i think the way to do it is to have a map with no items. i was talking with silent skies about this a little while back so maybe he'll make his next map like this. health pickups are necessary though, otherwise repair becomes essential/OP.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 PM

I say instead of totally removing powerups from 1dm delay them for half the round time or more so the majority of the game gets played without them. When time becomes an issue having powerups helps keep people from just running around to kill time and tie.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Beast View Post
I say instead of totally removing powerups from 1dm delay them for half the round time or more so the majority of the game gets played without them. When time becomes an issue having powerups helps keep people from just running around to kill time and tie.
very interesting idea. taking that a step further, suppose you had a map where there are several spots on the map where a group of two or three powerups spawn together. each group would spawn after a different delay, like at 30 sec for one group, 2 minutes for the next, etc. if your team could control that area leading up to the spawn time, you'd get a nice advantage. such a setup could eliminate some of the pussyfooting that is common in 1dm games (at least with organized teams).
Old 01-02-2013, 02:11 PM

pineapples servers are down indefinitely. the host vps failed and is not recoverable. it will probably be a while before i get around to setting it all up again.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:31 PM

pineapples 1dm is back. it's on a new vps in dallas, texas, which i think will perform a bit better than the old one. your ping may also be ~10ms better depending on your location.

edit: thanks to reeslo for sending me his server files! (the linux installer wasn't working for me)

Last edited by blarg; 01-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM

Very nice !