Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 PM

wasnt there also a change to the suicide name? i think it says crash now right?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
random idea for a new "d" button: Dead stop. The biplane basically becomes an immobile turret (think time wizard... except you actually have to use a button to stop... and it uses energy). I'm thinking a slow constant use of energy to prevent perma-turreting somewhere. Turning speed is also increased. Coming out of dead stop is like coming off a runway/coming out of warp (IE, you have forward momentum).
Yay new idea! I'm intrigued, though it's just so different from anything else that it's a weird thing to add at this point. Might as well flesh it out.

Another idea to keep you from 'perma-turreting:' D makes you deadstop for exactly 2 seconds, whether you like it or not. This would also keep people from using it like miranda reverse, what with the fast turning speed and zero radius.

On second thought, why not? Lets just throw this perk on miranda and get rid of laser.

Then we'll give heavy biplane the laser as its secondary, unnerfed, and all the complainers will be happy. BAM!
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
random idea for a new "d" button: Dead stop. The biplane basically becomes an immobile turret (think time wizard... except you actually have to use a button to stop... and it uses energy). I'm thinking a slow constant use of energy to prevent perma-turreting somewhere. Turning speed is also increased. Coming out of dead stop is like coming off a runway/coming out of warp (IE, you have forward momentum).

Added bonus would be to allow planes to collide with HC's in dead stop (both would take damage).

This could either be crazy awesome with reverse thrust or completely pointless/worthless like most of my ideas.

ooo i like. you know how in games like CoD, if you have a sniper rifle there's a button that allows you to hold your breath (you literally hear a breathing sound) and then that makes you gun-holding less shaky (snipers do this in real life apparently). this can be like the same thing! sorta. except with a plane.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:51 AM

gameplay wise its an interesting idea. But it wont really fit into the concept of biplane. I could imagine something like miranda having this ability. But an earth plane defying gravity might be kinda wierd.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 AM

I do think we need to stick to the biplane concept - for example, maybe the biplane turret idea doesn't need a 'timestop' but just a drag parachute that slows down the biplane drastically (without stall) for a few seconds.
We could also think about what else a biplane can do with a cannon except fire cannonballs?

What about an exploding cannonball, with a range similar to EMP, which does little damage but does throw enemies around - potentially stalling them and making them open for a heavy cannon shot?
Or a paint-cannon-ball, again restricted to mid-range (or less), that reduces the hit plane's visibility to a circle (let's say 20% of the normal viewing area) for just a few seconds, allowing you to get away and then pelt with cannon balls?

The paint-cannon-ball should be in your team's colour so you can hit the enemy base with it. Graffiti is down with the kidz.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

I actually always thought that Blank's idea would be a reasonable way to do a helicopter without causing all kinds of crazy problems.

but honestly, I think it's too dramatic a change for a red perk. I like it a lot, but I think it belongs on a 6th plane.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Sniper/Pistol heavy cannon. Secondary and primary fire at the same time, not alternating like before, kthxbai

P.S. - I'm not going to give up on it this time
Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 AM

what about 3 laser guns and bouncing betties?
Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Well since yesterday i've back my normal latency on all servers kinda weird as i didn't change anything my self.
Anyway glad its back to normal now.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
I really think the key though is to change the packaging of the short ranged weapon to make it feel more right - give it different gfx/sfx or something, I dunno.
Yeah, it would feel nice if there was some cosmetic difference between the machine guns. I suggest glowy bullets (hotter color = more damage) and a difference in SFX volume.

On a side note, the in-game description should be updated to mention the damage difference.

Last edited by ORYLY; 08-16-2009 at 10:44 PM.