Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 AM

Andy, you're so happy we forfeited you probably wouldn't even want to play the concerning round some other day. Enjoy your glorious win.

Oh and leave fLb.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:22 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

i'm just gonna say this:

IT'S PRESEASON.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to TAESU
Default Tauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
While I could say things about the technicality, just assume that APL will start at 6 pm GMT every sunday unless otherwise told.

Yes, but if you check you are WRONG too. You can assume that till 4.11.2012, APL will start at 7 pm GMT ... if you write 2 pm EST. You were probably right if you assume 2pm EDT, so it will be 6pm GMT. Check ... !!!

Now, we all know that in Usa 2 pm EST = 2 pm EDT (but that' s is wrong. You miss 1 hr). In Usa, do they know as their time rules works? (lolzz). Your rule should be right if the time was indicated as EDT

So, you can conclude as following:

***FINALLY TIME CONVERSIONE RULES****

1)**** You can just assume that APL will start at 6 pm GMT every sunday if you indicate the Usa time in EDT Time

or

2)**** You can just assume that APL will start at 7 pm GMT every sunday if you indicate the Usa time in EST Time (Our case ... )

Note: I am not arguing. Hope you will find my post usefull, so we can "define" as you have suggested a simple rule for the rest of APL. "Sorry" for all technical stuff I've posted ...

Last edited by TAESU; 09-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Default Taeso

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
i'm just gonna say this:

IT'S PRESEASON.
You are right, I am not arguing, this may help all players to check the time in the next weeks.

Ciao
Old 09-17-2012, 12:29 PM

If I give the time in GMT it should not matter whether it is EST or EDT. Currently it is daylights saving time, so 6pm GMT as you said = 2 pm EDT. If it is not daylights savings time it is 6pm GMT=1pm EST. Skyleague and APL in every season has always started at 6pm GMT convert to whatever time you would like with a very few exceptions. I am telling you to ignore the time that was posted for preseason and just assume the time starts at 6pm GMT for the future. I will personally make sure that no one else gets confused, although you should realize that of course it is currently daylights savings time and asked if 2pm EST was a typo if it confused you.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 09-17-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
If I give the time in GMT it should not matter whether it is EST or EDT. Currently it is daylights saving time, so 6pm GMT as you said = 2 pm EDT. If it is not daylights savings time it is 6pm GMT=1pm EST. Skyleague and APL in every season has always started at 6pm GMT convert to whatever time you would like with a very few exceptions. I am telling you to ignore the time that was posted for preseason and just assume the time starts at 6pm GMT for the future. I will personally make sure that no one else gets confused, although you should realize that of course it is currently daylights savings time and asked if 2pm EST was a typo if it confused you.

U are right, but was indicated 2 pm EST ... and not EDT ... so I am right. I followed the most clear method, "not the approssimate one". Also, next weeks they should write the time in EDT time and not in (EST time). Who wrote the post of APL used "EST" sign (not EDT or GMT). My methods is more correct then yours ... you start thinking from GMT (but is wrong ... cuz time was GIVEN in EST time). Repeat: not arguing, just need what F*** to do next weeks, cuz we missed our best player for this reason. (Maybe we suggest our players to check Altitude at least 1 he before. Also every years there is this problem, is not true that "is well know" the rules bout time conversion). This post probably it will be most usefull for EU player and not for USA player. (I am not criticizing). Just triyng to bel helpfull.

Last edited by TAESU; 09-17-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM

Default just wondering

Hi!

I just wonder if there's any chance that admins may want to consider using GMT or UTC as a standard in the future to avoid confusion...

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipchip View Post
Andy, you're so happy we forfeited you probably wouldn't even want to play the concerning round some other day. Enjoy your glorious win.

Oh and leave fLb.
Since slender posted (and then deleted) part of the chat log, i just wanted to make it clear how things actually went. Also it is not my problem if your team cant stay on for the whole duration of the tournament. Its a single day and even though my clan won it i still say that it does not mean anything, so there is no need to reschedule it.

Concerning the EST and EDT problem, i am sorry if it caused confusion but i just assumed that people were gonna take into consideration the daylight savings. I figured the correct time from the same site you used (it shows EST/EDT as the same time). Ill put the time in GMT from next week.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Its a single day and even though my clan won it i still say that it does not mean anything, so there is no need to reschedule it.
If you really think that it does not mean anything, why did you post flb vs klf = 3-0
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato man View Post
If you really think that it does not mean anything, why did you post flb vs klf = 3-0
Where lol? I put all the correct results, games were bo1.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM

KLF KLF KFC! oh wait. MAD!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Since slender posted (and then deleted) part of the chat log
I told him to delete it because I didn't want it to cause any forum drama which has happened in the past.

About the GMT thing. I believe the set time has always been 2PM EST or EDT whatever it is, and 8PM CET. Using Altitude Time might clarify some stuff but it shouldn't be a problem imo.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM

games start one hour after the football games
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Which game, the Tottenham hotspur or Arsenal game?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM

I've just come to the assumption that all big events start at 12pm my time (being 2pm EST).
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
I've just come to the assumption that all big events start at 12pm my time (being 2pm EST).
this. the times have not changed but maybe once or twice, and it is explicitly stated in the OP that the time was moved back one or pushed one further etc. i don't like change.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
this. the times have not changed but maybe once or twice, and it is explicitly stated in the OP that the time was moved back one or pushed one further etc. i don't like change.
Yeah, like, 2pm EST has been the same time for what, 3 years APL has been running now? It isn't that hard to figure out what time it's going to be.

And either way, if one does not know for sure, it takes two minutes to get on your computer around the time you think it's going to happen, log on alti and see if anything's going down.

Common sense people.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Common sense would still be to use Altitude time imo....
Old 09-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicallad View Post
Common sense would still be to use Altitude time imo....
the correct time is always stated in GMT, use that if you want to. the thing is, i don't think of 2pm est as 6pm GMT. i think of 2pm est as 2pm est. the 2pm est is just there to make time conversions easier for americans and canadians. why is that so bad?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Whats this about GMT? I only pondered the notion that we use 'Altitude time' which A) Also happens to be GMT and B) its the same for everyone and viewable in game.

=S
Old 09-19-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Taesu

Quote:
Since slender posted (and then deleted) part of the chat log, i just wanted to make it clear how things actually went. Also it is not my problem if your team cant stay on for the whole duration of the tournament. Its a single day and even though my clan won it i still say that it does not mean anything, so there is no need to reschedule it.

Concerning the EST and EDT problem, i am sorry if it caused confusion but i just assumed that people were gonna take into consideration the daylight savings. I figured the correct time from the same site you used (it shows EST/EDT as the same time). Ill put the time in GMT from next week.
I think use GMT time is better (because is a unique symbol to indicate the time). In Usa they use two different symbols (EST and EDT), so it is more complicated. Than every player can calculate the right time taking in account the rule of own country as DST (DeayLightSavingTime).

NOTE: If time is indicate in GMT, if you are from USA pay attention because you are actually using EDT time (and not EST time. EDT still be = EST + 1 hr. Remeber this simple rule)

BB-MR.T
Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

is apl week 1 going to be this weekend?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
is apl week 1 going to be this weekend?
yep posting everything soonish
Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Whats this about GMT? I only pondered the notion that we use 'Altitude time' which A) Also happens to be GMT and B) its the same for everyone and viewable in game.

=S
i use gmt and what you people call "alti time" interchangeably. what exactly are you proposing?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
i use gmt and what you people call "alti time" interchangeably. what exactly are you proposing?
damn you, you get what i mean. =P
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
damn you, you get what i mean. =P
i thought i did, but i don't think i do anymore.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
i thought i did, but i don't think i do anymore.
You should take up politics lol
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 AM

Where are u gnna post apl schedules?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:55 AM

Amusing thread. I work in multiple time zones and have to solve the summer time, time zone conversion problem for a set of global users.

There is one easy solution and that is UTC, someone else suggested it above. If you try anything else, you will run into issues. Having said that, the option of using altitude time does make sense here, but I fear the yanks will never understand that there are time zones outside the USA. Lol.

It's gst right now, but that will change back to gmt soon. A lot of people don't realise that, so using gmt is just as confusing for everyone. Another less known fact is that there is several weeks when summer time changes in USA before it changes in EUROPE. That makes for some fun too.

Www.timeanddate.com is your only man.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Can we just end said subject here. There really is no reason to go on about it, despite the horribly wrong time only one group of people had any issue with it. 95% of the people knew what andy meant by 2pm EST despite it being totally inaccurate. Yes using UTC is fine, but you should know if it is daylights savings time or not where you are at and being able to convert from GMT to said time is still possible.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Yes using UTC is fine, but you should know if it is daylights savings time or not where you are at and being able to convert from GMT to said time is still possible.
LOL. Even if you know if you are in summer time or not... if you are trying to help organize a match where not EVERYONE lives in one timezone, you would need to know not only what TZ the others live in, also if they are in summertime or not, AND also you need to figure out if the city they live in ignores Daylight savings (some do).

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

This link is what you need ... if you don't use UTC.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM

ha. i get it. because yanks, and his name is yank. haHA gee that was a knee slapper.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
That was a knee slapper.
Yep, damn right. http://knee-slapper.urbanup.com/4262778