Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

We know the names of all the rooms with keys though, so he can just keep naming those rooms, right? So either way it should work fine.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 AM

Doesn't matter. It's w/e you guys want.

Edit: Got 3 on First roll for key. -1 Sanity. I'm going again. Key or death. You all might be picking up some items left behind.

Edit 2: GOT 5. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Edit 3: So the room has a 4+ Sanity roll as well. Being that I'm almost completely insane (aka 1 away), I might just die leaving the room :/

Or I die from collar. Either way, doesn't matter; got key.

Last edited by soccernamlak; 01-06-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: I'm slowly going insane from perfection
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 AM

Namlak, cold and wet, but still determined to find a key, explorers the nearest unknown room. She finds the Pentagram Chamber. There is an Omen here, Crystal Ball. The room has an On exit 4+ knowledge roll check, fail and Sanity -1.

Crystal Ball
4+ You see the truth. Search the item or event stack for a card of your choice. Shuffle that stack. Then place that card on top.
1-3: You avert your eyes. Lose 1 Sanity.
0: You stare into hell. Lose 2 sanity.

Namlak sees the thing she has been looking for, floating in the middle of the room in a yellow glowing ball of energy. She attempts to grab it, but it refuses to leave the room. Putting down the recently found Crystal Ball, she tries again. The yellow orb dissipates without further issue, dropping the key to the ground.

Pentagram Chamber: Key Grab (5d3-5=3)
Pentagram Chamber: Key Grab, "Give me key, or give me death." (5d3-5=5)

The collar's turn begins.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:35 AM

The beginning of the end has come. Namlak's collar begins making an annoying beeping. GGQ's snaps closed and the professor's head rolls to the floor. SSD can hear a dog barking in the distance. A hero has died.

There are four living heroes and one living traitor.

Haunt: Collar's trigger: GGQ, DN, Namlak (3d3-3=1, 3d3-3=6, 3d3-3=5)

It is now SSD's turn.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

RIP GGQ

ok so aki tells me that i can't use the dog to bring the key to soccer and have him unlock himself next turn, so the optimal course of action would be to drop the key in the hallway, grab dog, send medallion to soccer, and explore. however since dropping the key wouldn't allow him to unlock himself on the same turn he picked it up anyway, i think it would be better to do the same course of action but hold onto my key. i'll grab ggq's loot, send the medallion to soccer via puppy carrier, and explore b7. soccer next turn just come up towards me into the gymnasium and i'll unlock you.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

bull****. come on
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 AM

Lol ggq. lol
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 AM

Just got done playing this game 3 times in person. I was the hero in every scenario, and the heroes won all three games. We rescued the girl and defused the bomb, banished the Demon Lord with Mike's ring, and exorcised the phantom. ^.^
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM

SSD investigates the barking dog and finds GGQ's headless body. She becomes disappointed that she doesn't have time to practice medicine on the professor. Not for that any amount of work would improve the professor's condition, but she just wants practice.

The dog comes to her side, alert and ready for action. SSD likes this dog already. She has the dog pick up the medallion and sends it to Namlak to drop it off. Other matters attended to, she heads north and finds a Dusty Hallway with exits to four sides. She travels east and finds a room that the medallion gives protection for. The Crypt. Any hero ending their turn here takes one point of damage.

There is a key in this room.

There is a mirror in this room. At first it appears to be a normal mirror, but it becomes apparent that it isn't. The SSD on the other side of the mirror is just as battle worn and determined, but doesn't move as this side's SSD does. The other one also appears to be in a different room entirely. She writes in the mirror "THIS WILL HELP" and hands a Blood Dagger though the mirror.

If SSD had found this weapon on the ground, she wouldn't have picked it up. Perhaps more correctly, she wouldn't have known where to pick it up from. There are no less then four needles sticking out of the handle curved and ready to insert themselves into the user's hand. The the blade is as sharp as any other blade she has ever seen, but the blades that function as the handle's guards are extremely decorated.

But since she were getting this from herself, she willfully accepted it. The needles attached to tubes plunge right into her veins. She feel a short surge of pain, and then power. At least, as far as she can tell, this is what power feels like.

Blood Dagger: Weapon: You roll 3 additional dice (max 8) when making a might attack with this weapon. If you do, lose 1 speed. (Attacking with a weapon is optional. You can't use more then one weapon at a time. You are free to carry multiple weapons and choose one to use during an attack. You can't defend with a weapon.) This item can't be traded or dropped. If it is stolen, take 2 dice of physical damage as the blade is riped from your veins.

As SSD examines this fine piece of metal, the room saps a point of her knowledge. But she could care less. She has the Blood Dagger, and another key.

It is now DN's turn.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:25 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

k socca just come up near me and i'll unlock you and then we can try to find a way up/more keys mebbe
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 PM

The dust around DN continues to choke him. He is now slightly slower. DN rolls his Dark Dice again. Servants' Quarters: Dark Dice (3d3-3=3). The dice again shoves DN into a nearby room.

DN finds himself in a Bedroom. This room has two exits and a window. There is an event here.

Smoke: Smoke billows around DN. He coughs, wiping away tears. Smoke blocks line of sight from adjacent rooms. An explorer rolls 2 fewer dice (min 1 die) on all trait rolls while in this room.

The old man is quietly mourned.

It is now DDP's turn.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:24 PM

SSD: Might have been easier to trade key or send it with dog. I only have 4 speed and can't reach you next turn. Also, you should probably use keys to unlock your collar next turn, being that I have 1 key already and you have 3(!)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccernamlak View Post
SSD: Might have been easier to trade key or send it with dog. I only have 4 speed and can't reach you next turn. Also, you should probably use keys to unlock your collar next turn, being that I have 1 key already and you have 3(!)
If the dog sent the key, you wouldn't be able to use it right away as picking up the key prevents you from using it in the same turn. The medallion is a passive effect, so it does work right away, protecting you from the pentagram chamber.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:41 PM

yeah just get as close to me as possible and i'll unlock you on my next turn. then you can unlock me
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
yeah just get as close to me as possible and i'll unlock you on my next turn. then you can unlock me
Works for me. If I die though from collar, you can always pick up some cool items.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM

DDP has until midnight Tuesday to get in contact with me. If he doesn't, I'll make his move as he was planning to.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 AM

Cmon lucky dice lucky dice lucky dice
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 AM

Got key gg sup gu1se
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM

DDP heads to the operating lab to get the key out of himself. Operating Lab: Key Grab: SP4, MI6, SA4, KN3 (4d3-4=7, 6d3-6=5, 4d3-4=7, 3d3-3=4)

Operating Lab: Key Grab's Damage (2d3-2=3) DDP takes 1 damage to speed, and 2 to might..

DDP has gained a Key.

It is now Shmo's turn.

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-08-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 AM

Shmo heads to the Gallery, drops down getting the key, and takes 1 point of damage to her speed.

With two keys, and hands trembling, she unlocks her collar. A hidden blade inside is revealed. As it lands on the floor, the blade triggers and flips away from her, making her jump several feet. A hero is safe (from the collar).

It is now Namlak's turn.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 AM

ok soccz. need you to get to the basement landing to unlock you, i can't get to b5 on my next turn unfortuantely
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 AM

so...
lets run through a few scenarios.

DDP IS TRAITOR - ssd and soccer should be able to save each other, and ddp wont be able to kill me before that happens, so we will probably win. (SORRY DN)

DN IS TRAITOR - ssd and soccer can save each other, and dn will slowly die before he can kill me and ddp. result: victory

SOCCER IS TRAITOR - He cant get up to the other floors, and wont be able to kill ssd. so long as ddp can find another key, should be an easy win. (DN COULD LIVE TOO). we'll be able to tell based on what he does on his next move or two. if ssd unlocks soccer's collar, he should still be able to stab soccer and save himself.

SSD IS TRAITOR - the difficult scenario. we'll know that ssd is traitor when soccer unlocks him (or gets stabbed). Should this happen, ddp and i need to save dn as fast as possible, as all 3 of us need to live. dn i recommend you move as close to me as possible so that i can give you both of my items on my next turn. I also recommend that ddp you keep exploring and looking for keys and items to help us. With a little bit of luck, we could still win.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 AM

Had she not entered the house yet, Miss Perfect wouldn't dream of wearing such a piece of jewelry. But in her present state, it has a cute sparkle to it. She decides to wear it.

Quote:
8:22 PM - soccernamlak: Well Miss Perfect also wouldn't be wearing a collar with a blade it it. Soooo 2008.
As she leaves the chamber, the ugly yellow glow seems to avoid her. She dashes as far as she can, ending up in the creaky hallway. She uses her only Key on her collar, hoping it isn't the last thing that she does.

It is now the Collar's turn.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo55 View Post
so...
lets run through a few scenarios.

DDP IS TRAITOR - ssd and soccer should be able to save each other, and ddp wont be able to kill me before that happens, so we will probably win. (SORRY DN)

DN IS TRAITOR - ssd and soccer can save each other, and dn will slowly die before he can kill me and ddp. result: victory

SOCCER IS TRAITOR - He cant get up to the other floors, and wont be able to kill ssd. so long as ddp can find another key, should be an easy win. (DN COULD LIVE TOO). we'll be able to tell based on what he does on his next move or two. if ssd unlocks soccer's collar, he should still be able to stab soccer and save himself.

SSD IS TRAITOR - the difficult scenario. we'll know that ssd is traitor when soccer unlocks him (or gets stabbed). Should this happen, ddp and i need to save dn as fast as possible, as all 3 of us need to live. dn i recommend you move as close to me as possible so that i can give you both of my items on my next turn. I also recommend that ddp you keep exploring and looking for keys and items to help us. With a little bit of luck, we could still win.
I'm making my move going worse case here: that SSD is traitor.

I'm moving to Creaky Hallway after picking up medallion. I'm using my key to unlock half of my collar. My reasoning for this is simple: if SSD is the traitor, he cannot grab my key as it has been used. If he's an ally, he just needs to use one key to unlock me. If the collar gets me this turn, then the key is lost forever, and for better or worse, SSD is stuck with 3 keys.

I thought about using the music box as a deterrent just in case (by opening it and requiring a 4+ sanity roll on SSD to get it). The problem is that if SSD is an ally and fails the sanity check, he can't use the key to unlock me, meaning yet another turn where my collar could go off. But I decided against it as it would statistically do more harm than good (2/3 chance in my view that SSD is ally assuming that I am a hero, of course).

The other thing is that if SSD is traitor, his knife will do more damage than my revolver in attacking, due to his 3 dice extra roll vs. my attack of 1 dice extra.

EDIT: OH #$)&$#$*)#&()$#&$ IT ALL.

EDIT2: DN and I both rolled 2 on a 4+. Both of our collars are triggered. Aki I'm sure will post the details. Since I know I am a hero, my items of revolver, crystal ball, skull, medallion, and Music Box will fall to creaky hallway.

Revolver is +1 dice attack with speed if you want, 4+ sanity roll with crystal allows to rearrange stack for item, event, etc. Skull you lose physical instead of mental, medallion protects from exit roll on Pentagram Chamber, and Music Box requires 4+ sanity check for holder and anyone who enters room when opened.

If SSD is hero, then my suggestion would be to pick up medallion, music box as defense (potentially), and crystal ball. The blade >>> revolver except for distance (shoot via hallway). If SSD is traitor, I wish the remaining heroes godspeed.

Last edited by soccernamlak; 01-08-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 AM

Haunt: Collar's tick: DN, Namlak, Shmo (fake dice, curious), Need 4+ (3d3-3=2, 3d3-3=2, 3d3-3=3)

The dog starts barking at SSD's side, not for her new owner's collar, but for the sound she hears in the distance. Namlak's collar snaps closed, killing her before she could have known what was happening. A hero has died.

Shmo's collar snaps up and away from her, having just been taken off she jumps back several feet, scared.

Upstairs, the sound of a heavy collar lands on the ground. There is no blood in the Bedroom. Just a bladeless solid metal collar that had been weighing DN down. The traitor has been reveled.

It is now SSD's turn.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 AM

Right. Here's how I see it. There are 4 people left: Shmo, DN, DDP, and SSD. DDP and SSD still have collars untriggered.

So theoretically here SSD unlocks his collar. He has one key left. DDP gets to SSD or vice versa. I'd suggest DDP get to Coal Shute asap. Unlocks 3rd collar. Heroes win. However, since DDP/SSD collar still left untriggered, DN would need to kill some hero off before all collars triggered. So DN's move will be to try and get a weapon (aka my revolver), but I think he's too far away unless he rolls lucky in the mystic elevator. Even then, that assumes SSD doesn't grab my items first.

EDIT: ALSO DN YOU TRAITOR

Last edited by soccernamlak; 01-08-2013 at 03:54 AM. Reason: DN needs to learn to channel his anger appropriately.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 AM

SSD uses her keys right away, dropping the bladed collar to the ground. She heads to the Dusty Hallway, sends the dog off for the revolver, then explorers to the north.

She finds the Larder, a room with another exit to the north. There is a Candle in here.

Candle: If you draw an event card, roll 1 additional die (max 8) for that event's trait rolls.
If you have the bell, book, and candle, gain 2 in each trait. The first time you lose one of those 3 items later in the game, lose 2 from each trait.

It is now the Traitor's turn.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 AM

so uh, ddp....
you have a 14.81% chance of not getting your head chopped off. I should be able to give you my lucky stone so you can at least get 2 chances of living. If you head straight to the coal chute (as you should) I will meet you at the bottom and hand you the rock before the collar's turn comes up again.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Well this isnt looking so good
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM

As the collar falls off, Grave Dirt melts away from the Traitor. DN heads north to a new room. He finds the Attic. This dead end room has an event, and perhaps more importantly, a key.

Event: The Voice: "I saw what they did to your mother. I can help you, but you need to find me first. I'm under the floor!"
Attic: The Voice: KN 4+ (3d3-3=3) 3: DN searches the Attic's floor, unable to find what the voice was leading him to.

Attempting to get the key: Attic: Key Grab: SP3+ (5d3-5=4). DN now owns a Key.

DN rolls the Dark Dice, perhaps for the last time. Attic: Dark Dice (3d3-3=1) 1: Event

Event: Skeletons: There is a pair of skeletons here. A mother and child still embracing. Take 1 die of mental damage.
This room gains a Skeletons icon. Once during an explorer's turn, that explorer can attempt a sanity roll to search the skeletons: 5+ draw an item card and remove the skeletons icon. 0-4 You dig around, but find nothing. Take 1 die of mental damage.

DN chooses to accept this event, taking the initial 1 die of damage. Attic: Dark Dice: Skeletons 1 die mental dmg (1d3-1=1) DN takes the hit to KN. He then searches the Skeletons.

Event: Skeletons: SA5+ (5d3-5=3) 3: You dig around, but find nothing. Take 1 die of mental damage.
Event: Skeleton Search failure: 1 die mental dmg (1d3-1=2)
DN takes the two mental damage into 1 of each.

Mistake on my part. I told DN last turn that the traitor still takes damage from a Gallery fall. Lore wise, falling is damaging due to gravity, not the house. The rules (and further clarified in Errata) states that the Gallery to Ballroom route does not harm the traitor. This would have changed DN's play before Shmo hoped down for the key. My apologies.

The old man is quietly mourned.

It is now DDP's turn.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 AM

SSD spotted an incorrect traits on him. I haven't been tracking outside of the forums stat moving. Easy to miss things. Please check your own stats.

3, 4,3,4 to start, +2KN (book), -1 SP (failed JunkRoom key grab), +1Mi+1SA (Dog), -1KN (Crypt), +1 MI (Larder)
Actual: 2 6 4 5
Was: 2 5 3 6
Wrong by: 0 +1 +1 -1
Old 01-09-2013, 07:17 AM

ssd and shmo we need to have some hero chat thing to figure out how we win
Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 AM

DDP leaves the laboratory, heads down the gallery, rolls like Link, taking no damage, then heads west.

Gallery to Ballroom drop phy damage (1d3-1=0)

He finds the Library. Players who ends their turn in the Library gain 1 Knowledge. In his search for a key, DDP finds a hidden safe.

Event: Safe: Once during an explorer's turn, that explorer can attempt a Knowledge roll to open the safe: 5+ Gain 2 items. 2-4: Take 1 die of phy damage. 0-1: Take 2 die of phy damage.

DDP uses his key on his own collar, then gains 1 Knowledge from the room.

It is now Shmo's turn.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 AM

Shmo walks over to DDP, gives him the Lucky Stone, then downs her unknown potion in a Bottle. Drinking the Unknown Potion (3d3-3=1) -2 from SP and MI

She then explores a new room, the Charred Room. There was a fire in here at some point. All the furniture is burnt. The smell of fire and smoke is long gone though.

While looking for the key, Shmo fails to notice the monster behind her. It bites her. (Omen: Bite)
Charred Room: Bite: Bite 4 vs Shmo 2 (4d3-4=6, 2d3-2=4)

She takes 2 physical damage.

Shmo has died.

There are only two heroes remaining. Traitor wins.

Collar tick: DDP (3d3-3=4)
Haunt: Collar tick: Rerolling 0. (1d3-1=0)

As a cold voice comes over the Microphone, congratulating DN, DDP's collar snaps closed, and the little boy's head falls to the floor. As DN looks at the headless bodies of the people who left his mother to die, he feels as if he has learned a valuable lesson about life. Whoever did this must be some kind of profound moral teacher, and he feels the urge to follow in the speaker's footsteps. Either that, or both of them are just nuts. Who can say?

Last edited by Aki1024; 01-10-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 AM

Oops.................................
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 AM

You had one job shmo, one job.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM

god dammit shmo
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Thanks Guys for messing this up for me . Next time save my mother from the car....oh wait there wont be a next time.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM

laaaaaaaaaaaame
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
Thanks Guys for messing this up for me . Next time save my mother from the car....oh wait there wont be a next time.
DN if this were real life, you would have won the worst-at-getting revenge award, because you just sat around the whole game and coughed up dirt slowly dying.