Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Guides
FAQ Community Calendar

Guides Altitude strategy guides.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Beagle got banned for speaking his mind too many times. At least that's what I was told.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 AM

This video is what made me decide to buy the game. I've played for less than two days, but seeing the amount of innovation that can go into Altitude is amazing. Thanks Beagle - that was awesome shtuff!
Old 12-12-2009, 07:29 AM

I'm two levels away from getting reverse thrusters, can't wait, been playing practically all day to try and get the perks.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Did you guys read the not to be played by new players? Well anyway have fun learning it but imo until you learn to fly normally you shouldnt be attempting reverse
Old 12-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Wow Beag,

I consider myself decent at Sniplane, but you sir, you are THE foremost authority and quite incredible to watch. Great guide and the flowchart made me chuckle. Now I know just how high the skill ceiling for Sniplane is. I'm gonna have to keep on climbing!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:20 PM

I just hit Level 41 and enabled reverse thrusters for the first time! It's gonna take some practice for sure.

When I quit out of the game soon after and checked my stats, pleasantly suprised to see my biplane kill count was exactly on 666! I took a screen shot, hopefully it means something good for me and the 'sniplane'.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM

thnxs, this guide helped me... by the way beagle, awesome video
Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 AM

I'm not sure if you put this in but, if u stall to do a quick recovery use your secondary weapon, this will help u lose the blue bar and will slow down ur speed before hitting walls.

i wasnt sure if you put that in but i do that often and its a great help
Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Good points mled. This guide is pretty old though and the more 5v5 I play the more I'm certain that this should be taken as a learner's guide only for people who haven't played it before. If I ever made an updated guide for high level tips I'd probably do it as a video.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:23 AM

Why don't you make a video of what happens to reverse in a competitive environment? jk you're getting better from what i saw not abusing the reverse as much
Old 02-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Within the next month I'll (hopefully) be releasing a few videos of the Sniplane in action.

One will consist of some of my more spectacular bomb drops (with various green perks), one with some great kills and great flying, and then hopefully a few full TBD games recorded with my in-game commentary so that newer players hoping to become bomb runners will be able to see a slightly more advanced pilot in action.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolderz View Post
I just hit Level 41 and enabled reverse thrusters for the first time! It's gonna take some practice for sure.

When I quit out of the game soon after and checked my stats, pleasantly suprised to see my biplane kill count was exactly on 666! I took a screen shot, hopefully it means something good for me and the 'sniplane'.

This is a good sinal beliave me.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM

Of course flight you would post that. I saw it about a week or go, and said on no time flight will post something about thats a good number. No problems im not hatin the number, but it just suites you good
Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Banned

Helped me a lot, thanks beagle
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks, great guide! Wondering tho, is the secondary fire worth it?
As I understand from your guide, its better then HC if you are in "melee", and if you have full energy? Or do you use both primary and secondary then for burst?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhi View Post
As I understand from your guide, its better then HC if you are in "melee", and if you have full energy? Or do you use both primary and secondary then for burst?
Use F for long distance snipes and F+D for close up attacks (within a plane's length).
Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gren00b View Post
Use F for long distance snipes and F+D for close up attacks (within a plane's length).
Thanks, guessed so was doubting if it wasn't better to wait for energy for another HC shot.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Depends entirely on the situation. If you're going to live long enough to get a second HC shot off, I usually do that, but if it's more desperate I try to go for the secondary burst.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
Depends entirely on the situation. If you're going to live long enough to get a second HC shot off, I usually do that, but if it's more desperate I try to go for the secondary burst.
makes totally sense, thanks for the replies
edit: with secondary burst, you mean F and D together or only D ? Or is only D never worth it?
Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
makes totally sense, thanks for the replies
edit: with secondary burst, you mean F and D together or only D ? Or is only D never worth it?
Look, see, the thing here is you're not thinking for yourself at all. There's absolutely no reason to listen to some guy you've never met like me tell you about something as transparent as when to resort to the secondary burst.

F on the Heavy Cannon isn't like F on the Biplane's other gun. There is no rapid fire. If you just hold F and D you're going to shoot once and get a drizzle of machinegun. You are only applying this FD mentality because everybody who ever talks about Biplane screams FD FD FD so you're just going "yeah that sounds good" instead of actually feeling and understanding the concept yourself.

The workings are innately simple. If I'm going to live long enough to get off a HC shot, I'll do that because for me it guarantees I'm going to get all that damage instead of maybe getting a bit of machinegun but not quite going the distance. I use the machinegun in cases where it'd be faster to kill the enemy than waiting for the HC shot, or in cases where if I don't TRY to machinegun them, I'm going to die first.

This isn't something that you need to copy from other players or from a guide. This is the basic fundamentals of play. Go in game and play with Heavy Cannon. If you're not getting it, then observe what works and what doesn't work in situations. What is killing, what is failing to kill? Get a feel for how much damage your rounds do and how much damage your machinegun does.

Absolutely no offense to you, this is a mentality a lot of people have that you have to listen to the pro players and repeat their actions to the letter. You don't. Take things like guides as just that; a guide, guidelines, not a walkthrough. You need to work and feel this stuff out yourself, too.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
Look, see, the thing here is you're not thinking for yourself at all. There's absolutely no reason to listen to some guy you've never met like me tell you about something as transparent as when to resort to the secondary burst.

F on the Heavy Cannon isn't like F on the Biplane's other gun. There is no rapid fire. If you just hold F and D you're going to shoot once and get a drizzle of machinegun. You are only applying this FD mentality because everybody who ever talks about Biplane screams FD FD FD so you're just going "yeah that sounds good" instead of actually feeling and understanding the concept yourself.

The workings are innately simple. If I'm going to live long enough to get off a HC shot, I'll do that because for me it guarantees I'm going to get all that damage instead of maybe getting a bit of machinegun but not quite going the distance. I use the machinegun in cases where it'd be faster to kill the enemy than waiting for the HC shot, or in cases where if I don't TRY to machinegun them, I'm going to die first.

This isn't something that you need to copy from other players or from a guide. This is the basic fundamentals of play. Go in game and play with Heavy Cannon. If you're not getting it, then observe what works and what doesn't work in situations. What is killing, what is failing to kill? Get a feel for how much damage your rounds do and how much damage your machinegun does.

Absolutely no offense to you, this is a mentality a lot of people have that you have to listen to the pro players and repeat their actions to the letter. You don't. Take things like guides as just that; a guide, guidelines, not a walkthrough. You need to work and feel this stuff out yourself, too.
No offense taken, you are totally right. But still, it helps to get some input from pro players who played this setup hundreds of hours more then me. The thing is, I was totally used at not using the secondary fire, till I heard some people talk about it so I was a bit confused.

But I think I'm getting the hang of it now
Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 AM

Location: IM ON A BOAT MOTHER****ER TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ING BOAT

i had worked with reverse thrust a while back and the most important thing that i noticed was:

when u r flying, you have to make tiny adjustments with repeated taps of the left/right arrow key instead of prolonged hold down sessions, these will destroy you. If you hold left/right to turn in a tight spot u r totally screwed.

watch some of beagles video, and you will definitely see a bunch of it there.

NOTE: I am not referring to "barreling" around people or flying in a completely open space either. When you look deeply at beagle's footage, he will look like he is "wobbling" at times like a bot on easy, but he is not wobbling, he is tapping the arrow key(s).
Old 03-13-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A doughnut View Post
i had worked with reverse thrust a while back and the most important thing that i noticed was:

when u r flying, you have to make tiny adjustments with repeated taps of the left/right arrow key instead of prolonged hold down sessions, these will destroy you. If you hold left/right to turn in a tight spot u r totally screwed.
Learning to make minute adjustments is definitely part of learning rev, but another big part is learning to control the prolonged thrusts too and using them to maneuver in their own way.

Don't discount them, there are many situations where minute adjustments won't accomplish what holding down the thrust and taming the flow will.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 AM

Default Observing

I heard that snipers are now called "Observers". Does this mean the Sniplane is now an "Observplane"?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 AM

I heard that trolls are now called "nicholasy11". Does this mean that lagstar's troll spray is now "nicholasy11 spray"?

Last edited by [Y]; 03-24-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 PM

lov the vid u make it looks so easy
Old 04-10-2010, 01:31 AM

Default Beegle

Nice reversement.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM

I hate reverse thrust, but gj.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Rescpect
Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernArcher View Post
Rescpect
I honestly cracked up at the typo.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM

lol. rescpect.
dotn be harsh i did this @ 3:00 AM last night
Old 08-03-2010, 11:52 PM

Why are you on the forums necroing threads instead of sleeping at 3 AM last night?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Why are you on the forums necroing threads instead of sleeping at 3 AM last night?
Hahahahahaha. Took me a second to catch that one. rofl.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 AM

whatever. its dark out, its night. TECNICALLY morning, but whatever :P
im callin it night
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! Your guide has been appended with a "[G]" tag and is almost ready to be moved to the Completed Guides subforum. If possible, please look over these suggested changes and make appropriate edits as you see fit.
  1. Fix or remove outdated stats throughout the guide, primarily in the Perk Setup section. With the biplane's recent buff it almost definitely has a different rpm, does different amounts of damage, etc. Not sure if the updated stats have been posted so if not maybe it's better to just talk in more general terms.
  2. Has the recent buff on RT changed the way the Sniplane flies at all? If so, a quick change to the rev section couldn't hurt.

This message has also been sent to you via PM. When you're done making any edits you feel are necessary, please post a concise summary of what you changed in this thread so we know when to move it to the Completed Guides subforum. Looking forward to seeing the finished version!

- Pie
Old 09-19-2010, 07:47 AM

Guide is updated, but more importantly

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SNIPLANE
Old 09-19-2010, 10:21 AM

happy bday?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:18 PM

in exactly fifty nine minutes to be precise
Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM

I thought I heard a lound "WHOMP WHOMP" when I woke up. Turns out I was right. ^^
Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Happy Birthday! For your present I've moved you to the official guides forum.