Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
post a big "hello!"
HELLO!

I'm Lelouch, 19 yrs. of age, 2nd Yr. College, B.S. Mechanical Engineering. Oh and I'm Asian... do I need to say more? ^^

BTW, you can see me ingame as |CGR2|Lelouch. (|CGR2| is not a clan tag in altitude, only on steam.)

I was thinking if this game is really worth it because I came too late from a retreat and missed the free steam weekend.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:50 PM

Default Hello!

Hi everybody!

I'm EntropyFree and I discovered altitude on the Steam Free Weekend. I think after 5 minutes of playing I bought the game. I am already completely hooked.
I believe I've already put in something like 18 hrs into this game in the last 4 days. I cannot wait to unlock everything and really start experimenting with different builds.

So far, my goto class is the Hippo with bombs, repair, and turbo. But I've been experimenting with a reverse thrust bi. Its a thrill to fly, when I can actually fly it

You can find me in game as "entropyfree819". I don't know why the 819 got tacked onto the end of my name, but it must come from being on steam.

I look forward to shooting you all straight out of the sky

-Cheers
Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 AM

Talking

Suppose I should say a quick hello, also a new Steamie from the free weekend. Bought the game as soon as I found out about the $5 sale pricing, hard to go wrong with that.

I've really been enjoying the game, especially TBD and BALL modes. I'm currently in the 40s level wise, and I so far prefer to play loopy (DF since I've earned it), though I haven't tried out that many other builds yet.

Anyways, glad to find a nice community around the game here, and I'll be hoping to see you all in game. (I'm same name in game as here)
Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfang View Post
The whole game is a CMOA (And I doubt any of you here are tropers)
Hey, I love TV Tropes. One of the best ways to sit down to check your email, surf to, then look up and realize you should have been driving to work about five minutes ago.

Another Steamie here, the free weekend was a great idea. I'm technically a student, currently studying graphic design and 3D modeling. But I've probably got a few years on some of you guys. Yep, over thirty and still playing videogames. Seriously though, if it's fun, I don't care. And I grew up with (dating myself again) Atari.

Not to put a big bullseye on my head, but I'm also a pilot by trade with a little over 6,000 hours to my name. Flown for a couple of airlines, traffic watch, aerobatics, anything I can get my greasy mitts on. But in my defense of my lousy kill record, never flown fighters, okay? It's been a while since I've flown anything that gets to blow stuff up. This was my ride in the Navy (Naval Flight Officer), the S-3A/B "War Hoover" (named after the distinctive sound those TF-34s made on approach)

Last edited by WarHoover; 05-26-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 AM

Hello there, I'm Xander.

Bought the game from the steamy 50% off deal, and so far, am having tons of fun with it.

My IGN is dyingchicken, same as my username on the forums, and I'm in the mid 30's I think.

Unfortunately, my Ping is always around 212, so just to much to get into most servers D:

At the moment, my favorite class is recoiless, repair drone, turbocharger, but once I get flexi wings i'm probably going to try it out.

PS Entropy, you can go to the "Account" under "Options on the Welcome Screen, and change your name to whatever you desire.

Last edited by dyingchicken; 05-28-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Adding an answer
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarHoover View Post
Hey, I love TV Tropes. One of the best ways to sit down to check your email, surf to, then look up and realize you should have been driving to work about five minutes ago.

Another Steamie here, the free weekend was a great idea. I'm technically a student, currently studying graphic design and 3D modeling. But I've probably got a few years on some of you guys. Yep, over thirty and still playing videogames. Seriously though, if it's fun, I don't care. And I grew up with (dating myself again) Atari.

Not to put a big bullseye on my head, but I'm also a pilot by trade with a little over 6,000 hours to my name. Flown for a couple of airlines, traffic watch, aerobatics, anything I can get my greasy mitts on. But in my defense of my lousy kill record, never flown fighters, okay? It's been a while since I've flown anything that gets to blow stuff up. This was my ride in the Navy (Naval Flight Officer), the S-3A/B "War Hoover" (named after the distinctive sound those TF-34s made on approach)

Your name on Tropes?

Also. Wiki Walk. 'nuff said
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Heyo all,

Joined this fine game after seeing it on Team Liquid's front page with the whole sponsoring of SC2 tourney.

So far I'm loving the game and trying to drag some friends into it with me. But, I'm having problems finding servers to even try and learn proper teamplay while I'm level grinding it up.

Anyway! Still just grinding up my levels to try and find a plane/perk set that is enjoyable enough to put some serious work into.

nick: bogatog
Old 05-28-2010, 11:32 PM

Default Introduction The GodEmperor

Good Evening Altitude players and trolls alike, Real name, Marcus. username The GodEmperor
I would like to say that I am a 'Team-Work NAO' type of guy and do everything in my power to make my team succeed, In altitude I like to play ball or FFA.

I'm not very good at introducing myself, I hope we get along and have fun.
I like making friends too
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Hello, I'm parasite64, and I'm my IGN is either parasite or parasite64. I found Altitude through Steam, and after playing the free weekend with a freind of mine, we both decided to buy the game, if the other person bought, so I went ahead and bought it! Been well worth the money so far, 20 hours right now, so I'm very happy I live in Australia and I like gaming and programming (your typical nerd nowdays I suppose lol).

and yeah

-p64
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 PM

Hey, I'm Xorp, I play Altitude under the Xorpedo name. (no, I'm not a pedo)

I live in Croatia, a small country in Europe. I play many online games like Modern Warfare 2, Unreal Tournament 3, and some other FPS games.
I'v been playing Altitude for about 3 weeks (yes, I'm quite a newbie, but I play casually. I like playing as Biplane (80%) and Miranda (20% of the time).

I usually play this game 2-4 hours a day. By the way, I'm looking for a clan (possibly a European) where I can practice, of course, ahem, with not getting PWNT all the freaking time. So, hi!
EDIT: Forgot to say that I'd like to have some company in Altitude, I don't wanna act like the whole game is Deathmatch xD
Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 AM

Default Hello everyone

Hey guys!

I posted a suggestion on this forum long time ago but I forgot to say hello to the community.

I purchased the game via Steam about a month ago and this game still blows my mind! Altitude really is well-made and I see a great potential in this game.

My in-game name is Heineken so if you ever see me in the game please say hi!

Cheers!

(Off-topic question but is it possible to change my name on the forum? that is, to Heineken. I'll just re-register if it's not possible.)
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Default Big Hello from Russia

Huh,I finally finished reading all of it..

Hello, hello. My name is Anton, im from Russia, Moscow, 20 years old. IGN: trendy11one.My time is GMT+3.

Right after my first play(Steam free weekend) I was completely captured by the process. Anyway, I luv that game after only 14 hours of playtime.

IMO, Altitude is one best tactic games. My last exp of that type is Guild Wars, if that title says something to you. Greatest balance, which changes every week to make game moar interesting. Guildladder, GuildvsGuild battles every day for.. HONOUR!Ahh..nvm. That's why i wanna play better and learn moar. I think, that teamplay of several players can crush every meat wall..

Аnd I know that my English is terrible.

Btw, only one from whom I heard about Russia was Ajuk999. Do you speak Russian? Coz it will be very great, if I can talk with someone abt..nah..abt anything on Russian here.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Alot of the members of the DW| team are russian, one of them is Qzmi4.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:20 PM

ty, Ill connect with them
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 PM

Join our group in vkontakte (name: altitude)...lots of russian vets here mate

link for our group - http://vkontakte.ru/club9932229
Old 06-22-2010, 05:07 AM

Default Yo

Thought I would finally join the forums since I've been playing more Altitude recently. For those who don't know me I play mostly ball servers and for the most part exclusively Loopy (I dabble with the other planes but they don't quite suit my play style).
I'd like to say I play well but really it depends on the day

Yeah, so basically just saying hi.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Sup guys!

I've been playing for about 6 months now but I've just recently joined the forums since I joined a clan. My name is Ben (aka Selfish Lover). I'm 22 years old and about to graduate from the University of Southern Mississippi with a degree in Marketing Management. I play with the loopy mostly because I like the speed. I play ball pretty much exclusively. My strategy in game is mainly to create scoring chances, be it by making passes or getting myself into scoring position. As a result of that strategy my kill numbers aren't as high as other players but I'm cool with it.

I guess thats about it. Look forward to playing with everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Hey peeps

Been playing a month or so and really enjoying it after a mate of mine bullied me into trying the demo. In fact, it's virtually made me quit WoW and that's an achievement in itself.

I'm really fond of loopy although struggling to get a proper grip on the others although I'd happily strangle the better Miranda / Biplane players irl .

Got a dedicated box which I use for my webdev so I've put up a football server (20 min games were _just_ too long!) to see how it goes. Hopefully have a few more up over the weekend.

To the skies!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwee View Post
so I've put up a football server to see how it goes.
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Old 08-13-2010, 07:44 PM

welcome kwee!

Don't mind lix here, he (and the rest of the more competitive community) just really hates the map football. However, there is a crowd that loves it (yay bouncy servers), so keep doin what you like.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:13 PM

we love the football map actually haha

it's so amusing
Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 PM

Hi, my username is InvaderAvP66 in game and on steam, Just got the 2 days free thing, hope to get this, and I like the bomber and the explodete but i havent gotten the others

Last edited by Pieface; 09-03-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: removed CP referral links
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Just bumping the thread so the newcomers from the free weekend notice it and introduce themselves.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Default Just to say hello

Hi,

Im Rameses, new member on this forum, but with some gaming experience.

Think some of you have seen me in the game.

I post just to say Hello to all the members of this spectacular community.

Bye
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Hello! My name is Jonathan, and I'm known as Twisol in Altitude and elsewhere. I'm into programming, web applications, and taking out people at high speed with my Loopy. My favorite game mode right now is Ball, and I just got finished with an awesome game tonight.

I started playing a few days ago during the Steam free weekend, and I bought the full game that night because it was so much fun! I don't play very many games, because I usually get sucked in and I never come out. Runescape, WoW, Guild Wars, and even a MUD (Achaea): I've been there and done that. Altitude is a change of pace for me because it's such a blast, yet it's so easy to stop playing when you have to.

I'm currently level 36, ad my main plane is the Doublefire Loopy. Sometimes I play a Miranda or Biplane, but I can't do the aerobatics I'm used to. I don't really play the heavier planes.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 PM

Default Hi I'm New!

I have no friends who play this game and I am so lonely

My IGN is Online, I like Biplanes.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online View Post
I have no friends who play this game and I am so lonely

My IGN is Online, I like Biplanes.
I like you already. Meet me behind the dark alley beside the usual Dominos. You will see an unmarked van. Next to that is a raggedy cardboard box. Just knock three times and slip a 20 under the door.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekjr14 View Post
I like you already. Meet me behind the dark alley beside the usual Dominos. You will see an unmarked van. Next to that is a raggedy cardboard box. Just knock three times and slip a 20 under the door.
http://www.robandelliot.cycomics.com...4/comic183.jpg
Old 09-12-2010, 08:32 PM

Hello, none of you care that I'm introducing myself BUT if someone could say "Welcome!" I'd really feel better about myself!

I am 15, live in Detroit (not dead YET), I enjoy playing Altitude and have played for a year 1/2. I have an odd sense of humor, I like playing whale and recoilless biplane. I love sports (GO CHICAGO BEARS), history, and my macbook. I am Catholic... and that's about it.

<.<

See you in the skies.

Last edited by The Berlin Wall; 09-12-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: I give no reason
Old 09-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Hello,

I am Steven and live in Holland. (yes I smoked weed)
I bought the game in the free weekend on steam about 2 weeks ago.
You will useally find me in a miranda called Mystery'.
Im still struggeling with it but I think it will all comes down on practise.
I like to do sports I do alot of boxing, oh and i'm 16 years old.

I can't think of anything more now.

Cya
Old 11-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Default New guy on the forums!

Hey everybody! I'm Weston aka Nsuln on altitude. I recently hit the 100 hours mark on game play and I thought... well hell, might as well join the forum. Right now altitude is still my favorite time waster. I play a mean bomber. At times I like to score high racking up the kills, and other times I just like to goof off and I end up crashing a lot :P Probably my favorite thing to do is deflect nukes with a shield right when they think they have hit the base Their reactions are priceless!
So here I am! Let me know if I've ever flown with you before! Oh and watch out my next bomb might have your name on it!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Welcome to the Forums! It's always good to have another member to the community

Happy Pew Pew'ing

Last edited by tgleaf; 11-09-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Removed reference to Welcome Thread.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Welcome Man! Were all glad to have you!

Like Ajuk said, look at that guide and more at The Guide section, or the Beta Guides section.

Cheers!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 AM

Finally got a forums account after playing for around 300 hours! 1st post as well! Also have a question about the forums: do you become a member, then a senior member by how many posts you make?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
Also have a question about the forums: do you become a member, then a senior member by how many posts you make?
Yes, that's correct.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Yes, that's correct.
Would you happen to know how many posts until senior member?
Old 11-16-2010, 02:09 PM

Flexio - why does it matter? :S

you become senior with 100 posts.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM

Hello all! I am Nitevox, 24 years old, from the Netherlands and I made my way to the forums as well after some playing time. Ingame I am trying to become better with Explodet on Ball or just go Bomber since that is fun as to play as well. Not much to tell I guess, Nitevox is the nickname I have been using for some time on several games now.
Other then gaming I like watching movies, series and I like long walk on the beach and watching sunsets.
Cya ingame!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
Flexio - why does it matter? :S

you become senior with 100 posts.
This explained why there are certain members who spend their lives putting posts without any content.

Ho, hello all, im (( o v n i ))

Bye
Old 11-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by O v n i View Post
This explained why there are certain members who spend their lives putting posts without any content.

Ho, hello all, im (( o v n i ))

Bye
Just to be clear, though, there is no benefit to being a Senior Member. It is simply a designation shows under your username.