Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Kuja, you are complaining about one of your friends smurfing one of your other friends? At least they are on your friends list, why not just ask them??? And if they aren't your friend then maybe it's time to cut down on your friends list. I dunno, but I don't really see an issue here.

This name change thing has been really good so far and I like what it has done.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
Definitely not intended. It's a bug one way or another, either in the editor (e.g. something is set up in a way that should be disallowed) or in the game logic (some rare circumstances can convince the server to spawn 2 balls). Please email the exact map file to support@nimblygames.com and describe anything weird that may have contributed to it.
In my experience, double balls happens when the player who has the ball drops the connection somehow.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:09 PM

After seeing the double ball appear a couple more times, here's what I think is happening. When a player disconnects, the game kills their plane, triggering the automatic ball drop that happens when the ball carrier is killed normally. But then a special exception kicks in, spawning a ball in the ball-spawn point for that player's team.

Beyond the two balls, there is the problem that only one of them is indicated by the engine at a time, ie only one ball arrow to show direction, only one bomb indicator above the plane. So in effect, one of the two balls is invisible to people, until it is shot out of the plane and the ball graphic itself is displayed. In this case, there is still no arrow once the ball leaves my screen. I think that the choice of ball visible is random, because in my experiences, about half of each team has focused on each ball.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM

kuja i think the solution is to not befriend every baddy that asks.