Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Mortva was in the game but never joined, said it wasn't him. http://altitudeladder.net/match.php?id=4075&mode=1 was this game
Screanies: http://i48.tinypic.com/voa3k5.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2vsl15d.jpg
Old 06-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by York View Post
When does ladder get reset?
.Please reset, reset please!!!!! =3
Old 06-26-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemigemi View Post
Even not considering the issue with the game, I think randomly hitting 1 or 2 for votes should be bannable. Do NOT do this. That is what the option for key 5 is for, it closes the vote without any votes. Do NOT press 1 or 2 if you don't mean it.

To be honest I think usually when someone claims that they hit the keys randomly they actually don't but use it as an excuse. And imo it's a bad excuse.
lol who doesnt press 1 automaticly? its just a habbit so wheather i mean it or not i 90% of the time press 1 unless im expecting a vote that im planning on pressing 2... and i know for a fact many people do the same just pressing 1 or 2 out of habbit no matter the vote.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
lol who doesnt press 1 automaticly? its just a habbit so wheather i mean it or not i 90% of the time press 1 unless im expecting a vote that im planning on pressing 2... and i know for a fact many people do the same just pressing 1 or 2 out of habbit no matter the vote.
I'm trying my hardest to understand this. How about pressing 5 out of habit instead?
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 AM

I will personally start banning people from arr servers who in the future do this on our servers and either admit or get caught. Just a friendly warning.

Really, pressing 5 isn't that hard, and neither is thinking for a second.

Well, hopefully they do the vote number change that is suggested on the forums, then all you lazy people can continue hitting 1.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:53 PM

Welcome Goose and Ingbo to the admin team.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
Welcome Goose and Ingbo to the admin team.

please reconsider Ingbo, I can find several chat logs he has openly admitted to using a dl application whilst playing ladder and he is fully aware! this is especially frustrating when I wish to try to win matches and he bomb runs on this ping! His demeanour in ladder is patronising and most definitely a negative player to anyone that he is not acquainted with or has personal issues about!

andy would be a far better admin please reconsider!

nip =|
Old 07-03-2010, 05:26 AM

Man can't you do this via PM? This just makes you look bad.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 PM

You should take me off of admins, I don't abuse ban, but I do kick a lot when there's not games going. I'm not sane enough to be nice to people I think are, hmm let's call them noobs not to be disrespectful to handicapped people. The last ban should stay though.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
please reconsider Ingbo, I can find several chat logs he has openly admitted to using a dl application whilst playing ladder and he is fully aware! this is especially frustrating when I wish to try to win matches and he bomb runs on this ping! His demeanour in ladder is patronising and most definitely a negative player to anyone that he is not acquainted with or has personal issues about!

nip =|
Ingbo is a top quality individual whom I full heartily trust to be an unbiased judge, leave your personal grudges off the forums this is gross.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:

nip =|
I have nothing against you but i have to say that this is nonsense, what proves this is all personal is you admitting on teamchat that you hate him.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:

nip =|
when did you and andy start ****ing?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM

Nip, that's just.... low. I ,nor do I think anyone here, has seen Ingbo do anything that would exempt him from being an Admin. Besides, he has the most games played by far; he SHOULD be admin if anyone.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 AM

Not that I agree with nip but it's funny how an army of fLb pops up to protect Bo Personally I know Bo plays with spotify and it does cause him to spike here and there and it does piss me off at times (but what doesn't). He's still a very good guy and pretty objective

(also to the people that witnessed my rage yesterday, really sorry guys, I was worse than usual, got drunk + have some issues so I lashed out )
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM

Just to clarify Ing uses Spotify because he likes to listen to music while he plays, not to gain any advantages. It has a very minute effect on his ping, its really not that noticeable if at all.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 AM

Ya I didn't claim it was for abusing anything
Old 07-05-2010, 12:14 PM

I stopped using spotify for ladder games when every single game I played people complained about lag. Added to the fact that I'm a euro so I have a borderline ping anyways its kind of unfair. I just start up itunes whenever I get into a ladder match now, its not too much effort.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Not that I agree with nip but it's funny how an army of fLb pops up to protect Bo
If Ing were in ACE, I would probably have defended him all the same. He's taught me a lot of things in this game and seems overall well qualified for this job.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Ingbo's lag annoys me every now and then just like everyone else's, but he's a good guy. I like to listen to music while playing too (I use foobar) so I can't blame him for that either.

Leave the man be.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:45 PM

I just have a huge iTunes library. Jimi Hendrix, anyone?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurripilot View Post
Crosstown Traffic is my fave
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurripilot View Post
Yep, I use iTunes too. More of a Zeppelin kinda guy.

On topic; I do think Ingbo is a qualified individual for this position. He's gotten under my skin once or twice, but they were both comments that, after I looked back, I realized were true about my playing.

I can't comment on lag, since my ping's been atrocious the past two months.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodadotus View Post
Yep, I use iTunes too. More of a Zeppelin kinda guy.
Get the Led out
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
Man can't you do this via PM? This just makes you look bad.
I dont really care =]
Old 07-06-2010, 11:47 PM

Just was in a ball ladder game, some idiot turned off the internet in my house which made me disconnect. Was back altitude in a minute but for some reason the ball ladder server didn't appear in the list of servers at all. Yes I clicked update a lot. Yes I restarted altitude three times.

Some of my friends were playing in the ball server at the time so I clicked on the join server button next to their name but it just came up with a message saying: 'Connecting to server 66.252.74:27890' and didnt do anything else. :S

The server has now appeared after the game has finished. Yay.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Nip, that's just.... low. I ,nor do I think anyone here, has seen Ingbo do anything that would exempt him from being an Admin. Besides, he has the most games played by far; he SHOULD be admin if anyone.
We sortid our issues now, he said he would turn spotify off when he plays ladder from now on. Why is it low? and how is openly admitting to using spotify and bomb running not a good reason for exemption? your just bias =/

Last edited by A Nipple; 07-06-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM

Bo is a good admin.

Speaking of that, im posting from my ipod now and just had to leave ladder as my mother just came from behind telling me to turn the pc off and she waited for it so i am sorry. Ill just sit out the ban, i think bo just made it.

edit: this is confirmation that i am banned by ingbo, so he is a good admin ;3

Last edited by wolf'j'max; 07-08-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:41 AM

There's been a lot of whine lately from people blaming admins of being to harsh false banning and IDK what. You the community that plays ladder yourself asked for admins to be appointed because of all the leaving and other stuff happening. No ban I have seen (which hasn't been revoked) has been false. Basically play nice, listen to your team and don't be stubborn assf****. If people actually started thinking about what they do there would be no need for bans. IMO admins should be following the rules for banning as a basic guide but since the rules don't cover everything you can still be banned for stuff not on the list. This might sound harsh but you know that if you disrupt the ladder in anyway that is the right curse of action.

Last edited by Stormich; 07-18-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:39 AM

i've never seen an admin kick someone who was being a competent participant in ladder.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 PM

This ladder needs more random plane setup. Because the more random, the more competitive this ladder will be !
It just makes perfect sense and it's totally something you would see in a clan match.
Plus, when you ask someone to stop his random but he continues because he doesn't care at all about your plane composition, it doesn't fall under
Quote:
12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.
at all ! Not caring about your team is the exact opposite of a negative experience.
Way more random please, so that hopefully, one day, everyone will play random and the ladder will deliver its true competitive potential.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 PM

I know some of you may have missed it, but I believe the above post is largely sarcastic
Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
I know some of you may have missed it, but I believe the above post is largely sarcastic
Not at all. I hope the admins continue to not ban this respectable way of not caring about your team in the least.
By the way, please replace "random" in the above post with "full random". As proven by these new full random goodies :

Please don't do anything.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaku View Post

This ladder needs more random plane setup. Because the more random, the more competitive this ladder will be !
It just makes perfect sense and it's totally something you would see in a clan match.
Plus, when you ask someone to stop his random but he continues because he doesn't care at all about your plane composition, it doesn't fall under
at all ! Not caring about your team is the exact opposite of a negative experience.
Way more random please, so that hopefully, one day, everyone will play random and the ladder will deliver its true competitive potential.
u didnt ask me tho, u demanded it, and when i didnt wanna change u called me a retard and an idiot (probably at least 5-10 times) and were ranting about how fed up u were with retards ruining the ladder and bla bla bla u were talking a bunch of bs to be quite fair i felt very bad about the entire situation and it created a very unpleasant environment for me to be in, might have to rule 12 u
Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:

Like i said in-game there is a difference between playing random very bad and bringing down your team, and playing random good and helping your team.
I played a game on snow if i remember correctly, using random and i ended up mvp scoring 2-3 goals with most kills on my team, why? Because whatever plane popped up i was able to handle and help my team in any possible way. Same thing goes for Ingbo, truthfully he played better than 90% of the peeps in his games.

Quote:
12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.
You were calling me and Ingbo "idiots" and "retards" for 5-10 minutes because of us randoming, so for you to actually mention this rule is a punch in your own face. Your destructive behavior and foul language should get YOU banned and no one else. So whatever you are trying here you better back off.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 AM

First, just answering the personal stuff that needs to be :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
"retards"
I never ever use that word so please, both of you, stop putting quotation marks around your lie as it doesn't make it less of a lie. But it's quite funny to see you two making up a story before coming here, very guilty-like and makes me miss Cluedo games. I talked exactly about "village idiots" without pointing anyone, am I responsible for you feeling targeted ?

As for numbers, well, anyone defining their skill by numbers is clearly missing one or twelve points about the game. So you scored a few goals ? Hey good thing the random gave you the good plane with the good perks at the good time to do that, right ?
You sometimes got a good ratio ? Incredible achievement that no one can reach. Meanwhile your team is struggling because of this little thing called "plane balance" which you don't care about. Hey I'm sure your clan doesn't care either about plane composition and must be running in tournaments with randoms quite often, it just makes sense.

But again, you were playing full random in ladder so I'm merely arguing for the general debate, as your credibility is pretty much gone with the wind. Numerous people on your own teams asked you to stop, even while I was away, and you ignored them.
It's sad that you're trying to make it personal because I'm not, it just happens that your total lack of decency showed how the system is flawed and should be changed.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
(1)I talked exactly about "village idiots" without pointing anyone, am I responsible for you feeling targeted ?

(2)Meanwhile your team is struggling because of this little thing called "plane balance" which you don't care about.

(3)It's sad that you're trying to make it personal because I'm not, it just happens that your total lack of decency showed how the system is flawed and should be changed.
1. are you responsible for making me think youre talking about me after ranting on me every game for the previous 4 games? ehm, idk, any ideas?

2. most ppl only play one plane so its still just random if you get good plane comp or not. i enjoy playing random on occation and i do that in tbd too. Ive probably played 95% + of my games in ball with a chosen plane and so has void but if were both good at all planes i dont see the harm if we have some fun 5-10 games every once in while. If it was against the rules and if the rules are changed then thats fine, til then be respectful of other peoples free choice to play whatever they like, u clearly have some kind of control issues to dedicate ur following 1.5 hours attacking me for palying random lol

3. i feel you made it very personal calling me names. u may not have used the phrase retard, u did use a lot of really rude ones tho. i find it kind of funny that u expect ppl to stop using random when this is the strategy u use to encourage them to stop. u might wanna rethink that.

i hadnt even spoken to void when i wrote the response to ur first childish cascade of sarcasm. You seem like one of those guys who likes to shine a by using funny metaphors and nice punchlines combined with sarcasm to make urself seem more clever than others so it can be pretty tricky trying to track what uve said and what u havent said therefore i stuck to the basics of what u most likely had added in there somewhere in ur off and on 1.5 hour attack and apparantly void shared my idea of what that should look like, sry about u not getting perfectly quoted on that brah. i suppose ur just too damn creative to ever diss anyone using the phrase "retard"

edit: also never quoted u on calling me a retard, just refered to u doing it

Last edited by Ingbo; 08-03-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 AM

i think the point is pretty clear, random screws up team composition and should be banned. suna's just calling you two out specifically bc no one has really listened to this plea in the past. it's past the point of frustration, which i understand.

personally, i think it's a valid point, and we shouldnt deflect away from this conversation by worrying about who called who "retard," because frankly nobody gives a sh*t.

as good as you are, i think picking a single plane that fits your team's composition is infinitely more helpful than playing random (custom or otherwise), no matter how well you play.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 AM

So instead of watching the three of you play hide the pickle, let's actually get to the base of all of this, shall we?

The general root of the discussion that's happening here and in the other thread about banning certain perks in ladder lies in the rules. Specifically, the lack of a rule preventing subpar play. Now this problem is much more complicated and convoluted than you might think and its probably why nobodyhome intentionally removed this rule.

So the easiest way to illustrate my point is with several examples.

Example 1: Smushface the Ace.
So my best setup is lazer, even Ingbo thinks I'm the best lazer in the World. However, I recently aced and as of this post, am only lvl 24 which is short of the required lvl 38 for my best setup. So in ladder, I've been playing misc planes like DF loopy, suppressor bomber, director explo and I am by no means terrible at these planes but I'm still not performing at my best. Should my less than 100% play be a bannable offense even if I'm not bringing my team down?

Example 2: Nipple the Dreamer
Let me tell you the sad story of a guy named Nipple. Nipple is a good bomber, probably makes a lot of people's top 5 lists. However, after his 1100th hour mindlessly spinning in circles holding down F, he realized he wanted to be a slick, awesome lazer. Now, almost everyone agrees that Nipple helps his team the best by playing bomber and not lazer. And again, by no means is his lazer bad (not as bad as Ingbos) but it doesn't contribute as much to the team as his bombers. Should Nipple's dream of playing a cooler and more fun plane be a bannable offense?

Example 3: Gumby the Scrub
So Gumby has been around for a while, was part of Team Vapor and is one of the founders of the voluptuous and stream-lined Lobstars. However, he decided to go to Frog Land for a year, was unable to play Altitude, and is now pretty terrible. Not as terrible as say, York, but still not all that great. If you have him on your team, your chances of losing goes up significantly. Now, Gumby tries his hardest, plays his best planes, but has a year of rust built up in his joints and is still in the process of shaking it off. Now, is Gumby's hard work and effort but badness a bannable offense?

Example 4: Eth the Overrated
Eth is a fantastic loopy. He basically wrote the book on them. However, he went MIA much earlier in the year and has only played 5 ladder games in the last 6 months. However, when he was playing, he achieved a high rating and is currently still ranked 10th in TBD ladder. And regardless of how good at loopy he is, if Eth played a ladder game tonight, he'd be at least a little rusty. And that rust would mean he'd be playing below his #10 rank and thus, would detract overall from his team (because of the way balance works). So, should Eth, being an overrated player due to ladder balancing, be worthy of a ban?

I hope you see the point I'm trying to make here.

On another note, to all those people who keep complaining about a rules a rules a rules a rule (my definition of universalism) because people who are chums with the admins don't get banned for offenses, you are A) in for a appointment later in life regardless from what country you're from and B) don't really understand the intentions of these rules.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 AM

as the saying goes, "less qq..."

let ppl play whatever they want.

you know what should be bannable tho, complaining about your team incessantly. unfortunately, this has become all too rampant these days (and no void, i'm not just talking about you, despite you being the most consistent qq'er over the past month or so)

everyone makes mistakes and some people don't grasp the intricacies of gameplay as much as others.

in other words, comments like "team" and "cmon" arent helping anyone

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
shut your f*cking fingers up and play the f*cking game
Old 08-03-2010, 08:44 AM

The problem with playing random lies not in individual, but with team psyche. The basic principle is that a single player's role is partially determined by what his teammates' roles are; when even one person's role isn't set, it affects everyone else on the team.

Say I'm playing a bomber. In ballmode, that basically makes me the jack of all trades. Sometimes I go for the ball when nearby allies are whales, sometimes I sit back and shoot if nearby allies are loopies/randas. If my team is five whales, I know I'll probably be the primary ballhandler, and will be going after the ball 100% of the time. If my team is five loopies, I'll be content going after the ball 0% of the time. Obviously, that percentage should be somewhere in the middle. If the team composition stays the same throughout the game, I can keep the same mindset the entire game, which helps me get used to (and thus be effective in) the role I'm playing, whatever it happens to be.

Now imagine I'm a bomber, and my team is five randoms. Now I have absolutely no idea what my role is, because I don't know what any of my teammates' roles are. Sometimes I should be going after the ball, other times I should be sitting back, but I don't know when. Sure I could just press tab, but why the **** would I want to do that when its much easier for my teammates to just stop being bitches and just pick a plane and stick with it?

The tl;dr version: playing random doesn't make you suck. It makes your teammates suck, but it's because of you that they suck.