Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 AM

exactly goal! the precedent being set here is gonna cause a lot of work for ladder admins.
also... inb4 ssd permabanned
Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 AM

lol i was specifically going to bring up ssd but I figured no need to bring another player into the argument... i had even typed his name but then i said "nah" and deleted it (in my first post) XD
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 AM

I support this decision.

moser is notorious in ladder for his negativity and demeaning attitude towards others in ladder who are just there to have fun. Yes there will be rage due to the competitive nature of ladder, but moser needs to learn to not be so immature. Hopefully this ban will be a needed lesson in teaching him some respect.

On the plus side, the overall skill level of ladder play should improve drastically due to his ban. Seems like a win/win situation for all parties involved
Old 07-03-2011, 07:01 AM

LOL... I hope you're joking GOOSE. Because if you're not you are officially the biggest hypocrite in this community. If you are joking then nice troll? The abuse I have sustained from you would have caused anyone else to leave ladder forever (which I believe was/still is your intention).
edit: obv troll is obv u win

Last edited by stevemp12; 07-03-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Moser your continued attacks towards people in this thread will get you nowhere. These false claims of abuse that you have supposedly sustained from me are unwarranted and a defamation of my character. From what i recall, you have raged and threatened me multiple times in ladder for no apparent reason. I have politely asked you to stop these threats repeatedly, yet you have continued your tirade of hate speech with no mercy...It is quite appalling to be honest.

Clearly you are delusional and I hope you use this time away from ladder to reflect upon yourself as a human being and analyze the mistakes you have made in the past. People are always capable of change, and i hope you come back a more mature and respectful player because of this.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 AM

I would think that the length is a little harsh maybe, but its Boby's decision and he is never wrong. Ever.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Moser your continued attacks towards people in this thread will get you nowhere. These false claims of abuse that you have supposedly sustained from me are unwarranted and a defamation of my character. From what i recall, you have raged and threatened me multiple times in ladder for no apparent reason. I have politely asked you to stop these threats repeatedly, yet you have continued your tirade of hate speech with no mercy...It is quite appalling to be honest.

Clearly you are delusional and I hope you use this time away from ladder to reflect upon yourself as a human being and analyze the mistakes you have made in the past. People are always capable of change, and i hope you come back a more mature and respectful player because of this.
Lol goose quit being a clown in the thread.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

for the record, i actually do love black people

also, the one time someone actually reported me for trolling i was warned by an admin to discontinue said trolling of that person. i (obviously) acquiesced. to my knowledge, nobody else has reported me and just QQs incessantly instead, which gets you nowhere. if you're offended by my "hate" speech to the point where you can no longer stand it, either A) report me or B) mute me. believe it or not, there are people that realize that i am actually not being serious and have the seemingly rare quality of being able to take a joke. these people are not going to report me.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
for the record, i actually do love black people

also, the one time someone actually reported me for trolling i was warned by an admin to discontinue said trolling of that person. i (obviously) acquiesced. to my knowledge, nobody else has reported me and just QQs incessantly instead, which gets you nowhere. if you're offended by my "hate" speech to the point where you can no longer stand it, either A) report me or B) mute me. believe it or not, there are people that realize that i am actually not being serious and have the seemingly rare quality of being able to take a joke. these people are not going to report me.
I hate your guts but you have perhaps, the best sense of humor in this community. That's why, I, cannot, for, the, life, of, me, mute, you.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I support this decision.

moser is notorious in ladder for his negativity and demeaning attitude towards others in ladder who are just there to have fun. Yes there will be rage due to the competitive nature of ladder, but moser needs to learn to not be so immature. Hopefully this ban will be a needed lesson in teaching him some respect.

On the plus side, the overall skill level of ladder play should improve drastically due to his ban. Seems like a win/win situation for all parties involved
^^^^ this. Ban the guy permanently i wouldn't mind, he's like 20yrs+ and acts like 12? smh...
Old 07-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
9) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players.

12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.
There is an arbitrary line here. There are a number of people who basically continuously violate 9) by being immature and constantly target and trash talk the same people. And ladder can be a negative experience exactly because of this climate.

I'm sorry but listening to this exchange it doesn't seem like any worse than many rage fits I have seen on ladder that got noone banned. Doesn't mean I think it's great if people rage, act immature and lose focus on the game. It's not. But it's also not mature to keep feeding the rage and ticking people off.

Yes, it is easy to get into a ragey argument with moser over plane switches, but usually the response simply is to stop pressing the issue and play. More importantly, Moser is nowhere near the worst rager on ladder.

Some people rage generically, or just like to piss off others they don't like. I literally never see bans over this. SSD needed to actively leave a game to get banned, and all that trash-talking he piled on people before for weeks was ignored.

If anything I'd call this just an inconsistent ruling compared to how 9) and 12) are usually handled on ladder.

I'm sorry but mods have set a kind of standard by the way this has been enforced in the past. And I think it's rather obvious how this case is not handled like many many other situations that occur on ladder all the time.

I am actually for a laxer interpretation of 9) than is proposed here, and yes that does mean that I won't be collecting screenies to demonstrate just how much people relentlessly trash talk particular people, get into rage pissing matches etc etc. Mute works, use it.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urpee View Post
If anything I'd call this just an inconsistent ruling compared to how 9) and 12) are usually handled on ladder.

Some people rage generically, or just like to piss off others they don't like. I literally never see bans over this.

I am actually for a laxer interpretation of 9) than is proposed here, and yes that does mean that I won't be collecting screenies to demonstrate just how much people relentlessly trash talk particular people, get into rage pissing matches etc etc. Mute works, use it.
ye i would probably call it that too. ppl react differently to different things. we arent professional as ladder admins therefore there will be inconsistancy in trulings between various admins, some will ban more harsly for some things that they personally think is worse and others for other things. i see your point overall its easier to not be biased in a situation when ur only judging if someone has left a game or not (something that cant be argued)

i think its a problem that ppl are allowed to qq for entire nights without it coming back to them and moser might not be the worst whiner (not that i know anyone bigger in ladder dont play bladder that often but have on various occations seen him qq) but u are right in one thing tho i did provoke him and therefore the ruling might be sketchy. since i think this type of behaviour shouldnt be accepted in ladder tho im still gona let the ban stand. i cant ban myself tho since i dont have that type of authority in ladder only the head admins can but ill refer from playing for 7 days to serve time for my part in his ban. this can be controled easily through looking at my ladder history too so there shouldnt be too much debate about that at least.

the point of the ban is to disincourage ladder qq and yes admins has been slacky on this because a) its tough to judge and b) various admins as i said views diff things as important. but for me a mannered climat in ladder is important so this ban has importance and i would rather serve 7 days on my own then surrender to the constant qq of what is ball ladder according to u guys. i do stand behind qq about planes being op tho since i think thats important for balance discussion just not about teammates and personal things like that.

zero got perma banned for contious trolling (ie spreading negative wibes in ladder) so ppl do get bans for it i asure u.

edit: also just to clarify the idea from me on this isnt to deal with every qq u see obv but to deal with ppl consistantly spreads a negative atmosphere in ladder from whining.

Last edited by Ingbo; 07-03-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:00 PM

I'm all for a more mannered climate. But then mods should stick their heads together and actually try to really induce this. Some people on bladder are literally constant targets for trash talk, by the same set of people.

But here is what currently happens: Not even a word of reprimand when a mod is present. But I also understand. It's kind of sucky to have to play manner police on people, and it's a perpetual judgment call.

But the reason why I am for a lax interpretation is because what is fun and banter for one, is just constant prodding and distracting if not worse for another. The line is hard to draw.

Also one person's legitimate criticism is another person's just riffing and raging. I actually think that most of the people who do all the trash talking really do believe just how much player X sucks etc etc. And they may even think it's legitimate feedback. Also some things are funny (if you don't happen to constantly be the butt of the joke). To adjudicate this is just difficult.

Some of these things are better handled by mute, because perhaps it is really just an interpersonal thing.

I think stuff like that deserves a day ban, perhaps even just a 2 hour ban. Enough to tell people to cool it. And if someone comes back raging even more over a short ban, then yeah I can see a point that the ban should be extended. 7 days is a tad on the long end, and something I can see making sense to a proven repeat harasser/rager who literally does throw games because it all degrades into typing. But that's just me.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 PM

On your last point about constant negative vibe. I would certainly argue against Moser being that. I had many enjoyable games with him and I had a few rage exchanges. Moser wants to win, and like others he can get ragey when it comes to that. I have seen many competitive players have similar ragey behavior, and many of them rank higher than Moser even.

I don't think of that as spreading negative vibe. It's a personality type.

Now I personally haven't enjoyed ladder while SSD was not muted, he would come on, literally wait for the first thing he could find in me as being a mistake and then constantly berate my play. That went on forever. No word from anybody. So yeah to me that was a constant negative vibe. But I don't call for a permaban for ssd, because I realize that it is negative _for me_ and not for everybody. He is on mute, a working solution.

And as long as my muting people doesn't not go so far as to interfer with typical team communication I advocate for that to be a good route to take.

I think to go for a permaban over negative vibes, it really has to affect people and ladder in a substantial way, interfering with communication broadly etc etc.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:42 PM

lol ajuk... EXACTLY i tried muting him but then i felt like i was missing out on a huge part of some hilarious conversation every time i join a ladder game and he is in it :\.
And also... i CANNOT read ingbo's posts it seems like one giant sentence hehe
Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM

Also i would like to bring to ssd's attention: notice how people don't realize your joking... and this level of humor must only be funny to you because no one else seems to take it that way. They take it as harassment. And as you have seen by numerous posts ^^^^^^ up there... MOST of the FEW people that commented here also agree that your "humor" is not so humorous.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:49 PM

"But the reason why I am for a lax interpretation is because what is fun and banter for one, is just constant prodding and distracting if not worse for another. The line is hard to draw"
- so ur just giving up on any type of reprimand for acting rudely?

like ive said a million times by now i do think moser deserved a ban. i do recon my own part in this tho so im going to self ban myself 7 days too.

yes admins have some work to do on this and were a split camp on this question as of right now. some admins reason as u "there is a mute button" some reason like me. clearly were never going to have clear guidelines on judging things like this, if u think thats a reason to basically give up on it thats ur view. i dont think so.

Last edited by Ingbo; 07-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheinfluence View Post
out of princinple i dont do ' etc when posting in game or on forums, just too much work!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
- so ur just giving up on any type of reprimand for acting rudely ie?
No. I'm saying that we shouldn't forget that mute is a possible mechanism to address some things. I'm the first who wished that mods would speak up more about the level of negativity on ladder at times. But there is no consistency making this problematic imo. I think the rest really is up for mods to discuss.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM

As Urpee suggested, I agree that shorter bans should be used more frequently for petty issues like this. If a player is being excessively ugly, tell them to cool it. If they continue to be ugly, give them a couple hour ban. A couple hours can be sufficient for most of these situations, I would think. An hour or two gets the message across that the player was out of line, but doesn't punish them unduly, avoiding resentment for the mod and the ladder administration.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM

ye after looking through all the posts about this topic and ur guys's point about the incosistancy level i do agree and i will remove the ban on moser. plz give feedback on when it would be apropriate to give lenghtier bans tho since this type of behaviour isnt nice to have in ladder in general.

think mainly the point about it being sufficient to prove a point got me and it will avoid situations like these arising to a much bigger extent like jrath said (lolol). sorry for derailing time / being stubborn on this but i do kind of agree with what u guys are saying i just didnt want to let go off this until i saw a better way of dealing with it. letting it go entirely wasnt an option for me. thx for the feedback and wb to ladder moser

Last edited by Ingbo; 07-03-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks Ingbo. I agree we need to find a way to bring down the negativity in ladder, and I'm happy to be the sacrificial lamb as it seems to have raised awareness to this issue. I realize I am one of the worst offenders and I hope to reverse that by being a model of positivity henceforth.
I like the idea of short bans to cool people off, but that will be difficult to enforce if no admin is present. bring back vote kick? lol

edit: bladder anyone?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp12 View Post
I like the idea of short bans to cool people off, but that will be difficult to enforce if no admin is present. bring back vote kick?
Ladder has pretty solid mod coverage. I would guess at least 90% of the time ladder is active, there's a mod there.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
MOST of the FEW people that commented here also agree that your "humor" is not so humorous.
wait, what?

aren't these the same people that were just calling me super funny?

i'm lost

void thinks i'm great that's all that matters
Old 07-03-2011, 08:19 PM

i think ur great too ssd!
anyways this has been resolved and i think besides inconvinience for all involved that some reasonable thoughts has occurred from it
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 AM

sooo when can we play tbd ladder? it's pretty much dead for me since euro players turned into ball <insert insult here>
Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 AM

no ssd i agree you are really funny SOMETIMES... what i was saying is that most of us here agree that your raging, insults, etc. isn't very funny, although you seem to say that this is all simply your joking; however, its not very obvious... especially when you are on the other end of all this nonsense.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
no ssd i agree you are really funny SOMETIMES... what i was saying is that most of us here agree that your raging, insults, etc. isn't very funny, although you seem to say that this is all simply your joking; however, its not very obvious... especially when you are on the other end of all this nonsense.
Now I know you are full of ****. SSD is never funny.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
lol ajuk... EXACTLY i tried muting him but then i felt like i was missing out on a huge part of some hilarious conversation every time i join a ladder game and he is in it :\.
Quote:
i felt like i was missing out on a huge part of some hilarious conversation every time i join a ladder game and he is in it
Quote:
hilarious conversation every time i join a ladder game
Quote:
hilarious every time
shut up kubie you're adopted
Old 07-04-2011, 09:48 AM

I lold through all the way from moser calling ingbo bad and then arguing that ladder points says the he is better then ingbo to people saying SSD is actually funny... lol wtf is wrong with this thread.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
I lold through all the way from moser calling ingbo bad and then arguing that ladder points says the he is better then ingbo to people saying SSD is actually funny... lol wtf is wrong with this thread.
+1 brazilian.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
If my rating proves nothing then why can't you top it?
Old 07-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Lets try to keep this thread on topic, e.g. "who should be banned next?"

That was not an invitation for more trolling btw.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Rookies back! nobo will you please address this smurf issue.

void
http://www.altitudeladder.com/matchl...&mode=ball_6v6
rookie
http://www.altitudeladder.com/matchlist.php?id=b63aabf2-a6b2-4a1c-89f9-1a04281b6cf7&mode=ball_6v6

same planes, same style, same temperament... plus the timing. I know its just circumstantial evidence, but its pretty strong.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 PM

ive seen them play together, i think.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:54 PM

This non-issue has already been looked into but thanks for continuing to look like a complete fool in this community.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 AM

ye this has already been brought to mikes attention by u (?) and been dealth with
dont think the evidence is all that strong honestly. to me it only makes sense that if void has a little brother that got introduced to the game later than himself he would have the same style of play since hes been watching when void plays and void has probably coached him too.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 AM

fair enough. I never heard back and actually assumed the rookie account was banned as it has been inactive for a while. But void was playing earlier today; logged off, then rookie started playing. I just thought the timing of their play seemed suspicious (one plays for a few months then the other plays for a few months, and they never overlap). On a side note... can't anyone accused of smurfing use the same excuse?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:31 AM

Moser you are by far the biggest and dumbest fool i have ever stumbled upon in any game i ever played in my life, real talk.

This so called issue has already been solved with Mikesol, he knows there is no smurf.

"same planes, same style, same temperament"

What are you a shrink now? You need to stop embarrasing yourself, i don't know how many hours you have spent sitting there watching me or my younger brother play, but it's pretty obvious judging by your obession it's many.
Why are you so mad at me? I'm pretty sure most people in this game like me or they are atleast cool with me, but you man, why you mad? I told you to get off my nuts a while ago but you still seem to have anger and hate inside you. Like i said this so called issue is already solved, so if you want to keep on being obsessed and make a fool of yourself, ranting on ladder about this smurf thing whenever me or my brother plays, go ahead, i feel sorry for you.

Peace
Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 AM

ye moser it could be but theres no real reason to asume void is smurfing for mods imo:
- hes such a mannered guy and never trolls so creating a 2nd account to be an ass isnt something that i would suspect.
- the players play the same planes which makes no sense if its a smurf since normally that would be to learn new planes from what weve seen with other smurfs not wanting ur overall rating to decrease.
- he isnt top 3 so bringing a 2nd plane to top 3 for more CP/ trololololol doesnt seem likely either.