Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
So why is changing names in the middle of a game a bannable offense? How does it affect ladder? Does it break the database update regarding scores or something?
its essentially for the same reason that u could ban chatting during games; it keeps u from spawning/focusing.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM

It isn't that is the point. If they change there name and it is obvious that they are distracting from the game then maybe it can be ruled 12. I am not going to discuss SSD's ban unless he publicly acknowledges that I can, but you don't know the whole story with regards to his ban.

It has been discussed about making this a rule, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 06-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

in the two years or whatever since i've been an admin i've never once intentionally broken a rule while i was an admin, as that would be pretty silly. in that sense, the logical conclusion to draw from my 4-day paid vacation probably shouldn't have been "wow ssd gets to do whatever he wants as an admin and still keeps his admin powers" but rather "hey maybe ssd didn't know it was a rule".

sometimes i can be an idiot, and this was one of those (admittedly rare) events. you may have noticed that i was back in the ladder servers the day after the ban, as it was determined that i hadn't broken any rules as they were written when i was banned.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
@Reu- There are plenty of things that distract a person from playing the game besides name changing. There are people who constantly join a game and dont join until 10-15 seconds after initial spawning (not bannable offense). People hold conversations sometimes during ladder games (not bannable offense). It is one thing if people do something that prevents them spawning for 30 seconds or something, but this is neither the case nor point. SSD has my utmost respect and handles every ban professionally even if you do not think so. Even admins have lapses of judgement and make mistakes that does not mean they deserve their adminships removed.

In regards to generally posting bans, here are foreseeable problems I see:

1) Ban lengths change-meaning say x person banned for 30 days a week later may be changed to 15 days...this provides admins another thing to keep track of.

2) This will only give people the opportunity to qq more. If I thought people generally could handle themselves in a constructive manner, then it would be maybe a rationale opinion, but it seems like the only reason to do this is so people can yell at the admins for ban lengths when they disagree with them.
Are you kidding me.
SSD Is a known troll in ladder, I don't think changing your name whilst playing a ladder game can be a mistake. Whilst changing your name, your intentionally doing it whilst knowing that you're not going to be playing the game.

He made the mistake of breaking the rules? What kind of admin who has to enforce the rules breaks it themselves. I find this, 'name changing' to be much more severe than most of the other rules like not spec chatting. He purposely stopped playing to change his name and what admin makes a decision like that.

An admin is there to enforce the rules, he should have good judgement and he should have a knowledge of the rules. I'm pretty sure most admins haven't been banned before and the rest of them are pretty respected whereas ssd is a known troll.

And you really can't label this off as a mistake, it's clearly not.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
in the two years or whatever since i've been an admin i've never once intentionally broken a rule while i was an admin, as that would be pretty silly. in that sense, the logical conclusion to draw from my 4-day paid vacation probably shouldn't have been "wow ssd gets to do whatever he wants as an admin and still keeps his admin powers" but rather "hey maybe ssd didn't know it was a rule".

sometimes i can be an idiot, and this was one of those (admittedly rare) events. you may have noticed that i was back in the ladder servers the day after the ban, as it was determined that i hadn't broken any rules as they were written when i was banned.
I recall Stormich banning a player for that.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:03 PM

Reu...see you posted that long rant...when SSD was wrongfully being banned for what he did. Was it a smart thing to do? Probably not. Was it wrong what he did? No.

I do not consider changing your name mid-game any worst then chatting in the game or not spawning right away at the beginning of the game. If we are to ban one of them...I feel we should ban all of them as they all take away from what is supposed to be doing and that is playing the game, so if you want ladder admins to be super strict and serious that is one thing, but SSD despite his actions has almost always (in my perspective) taken the correct procedures when handling his admin duties. So when I make my first mistake whilst an admin, are you going to be calling for my head to?

Also, please don't use other instances because there are specifics that you may not recall or know to use that as evidence. There are instances where people can be banned for this mostly due to excessive or purposeful timing of the name change. Both the admin who banned him and others corroborated what happened and while it may have not been smart to during a game it was neither excessive nor purposeful and thus why his ban was revoked.

In retrospect, a cop who is caught speeding while off the job and recieves a ticket, should no longer be a cop. An athlete who gets called for a foul, should be kicked off a team? Everybody who works or does something for a community should know the rules and judgements deemed upon them, but everyday one of these people makes mistakes. Your hatred towards an individual is obvious when you are not really reading what you are writing. But then again maybe I am making something out of nothing and if so I apologize.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 06-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Well, what I am getting at is the fact that it clearly wasn't a mistake. He knows the rules and although it wasn't there it's pretty obvious it's a ban-able offence as it's disrupting the game.

The reason I feel so strong towards the fact it isn't a mistake is because his reputation as a troll is pretty much known. He doesn't make 'mistakes' he purposely does these things.

I may be seeing it through my own eyes and seeing him troll people etc and you may be just seeing the nice side of ssd in your admin pm's but from what I know he isn't a nice person, he's pretty abusive.

EDIT: Also I'm not really about the ban, it's about his abusive nature and the fact he makes things look like an accident when it really isn't. Because of that he really shouldn't be an admin in my eyes.

Last edited by Reu; 06-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM

'a known troll' lol. g1 para, g1. he must be pretty genius to fool everyone but u indeed! how is his reputation as a troll pretty much known, care to enlighten us?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 PM

Even if it wasn't a mistake just bad judgement call on his part. Why does that mean his adminship be taken away? So those examples that I gave could just be bad judgement calls on their parts....punishments are one thing for minor offenses, but complete removal of powers or rights for lapses in judgement...

I did not say I totally agreed with everything SSD has done or said...I totally don't agree with some of the things SSD does, all I said when it comes to his admin duties he does a good job. And I have felt this way long before I even was considered for admin.

And you keep saying he has abusive nature without ever pointing out any facts to prove your point. The accusatory actions you are doing without showing any evidence of the sort is why you are not being taken seriously and actually shows bias on your part.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 06-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
Even if it wasn't a mistake just bad judgement call on his part. Why does that mean his adminship be taken away? So those examples that I gave could just be bad judgement calls on their parts....punishments are one thing for minor offenses, but complete removal of powers or rights for lapses in judgement...

I did not say I totally agreed with everything SSD has done or said...I totally don't agree with some of the things SSD does, all I said when it comes to his admin duties he does a good job. And I have felt this way long before I even was considered for admin.

And you keep saying he has abusive nature without ever pointing out any facts to prove your point. The accusatory actions you are doing without showing any evidence of the sort is why you are not being taken seriously and actually shows bias on your part.
I don't tend to screenshot everything but the next time, I'll be sure to do it.

Also Ingbo you should really stop trying to add things in to try and make me flame. I could easily go on about what happened a while back, but I won't to help you keep face.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM

even tho thats very kind of u, plz tell me what happened a while back.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 AM

Sorry for leaving a game just now, for some reason my internet died for a few seconds mid-game. My computer now can't connect to the update server on port 27272, even after restarting so I can't get back into the game. Ho hum.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post
Sorry for leaving a game just now, for some reason my internet died for a few seconds mid-game. My computer now can't connect to the update server on port 27272, even after restarting so I can't get back into the game. Ho hum.
Yeah, Altitude does that sometimes.
What helps is opening incoming connections on port 31383 in firewall, or forwarding it to your computer if you use router.
It may also be related to IP change when you have a dynamic IP and your ISP gives you another one every time you reconnect, so maybe Alti master-server somehow "remembers" the old one for a few minutes.
Personally I would consider that a bug.

Last edited by kolobos; 06-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:53 PM

Sorry for leaving not long ago. I really had to attend something important.

Not appealing the ban, I deserve it
Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...

Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM

^^^^^ Taken care of
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

number 3 wanting to run the bomb because he would be spiking also seems pretty bannable
Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 AM

Ban request: Alphabeat/Meangbo/Tupapito
Reason: Changing name mid-game. It's ridiculous but rules are rules.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 AM

Unfortunately name changes during a game are not considered against the rules. What is considered against the rules would be a purposeful amount of time spent doing so instead of playing a game, but this is harder to prove through screenshots. And seeing as it is TBD it is perfectly reasonable to assume that he did the between deaths.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:39 AM

I thought it was on the rules..? Thanks anyways.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...

i got 72 points for winning that game with a .3 ratio

get carried son
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirwithani View Post
i got 72 points for winning that game with a .3 ratio

get carried son
dunkmastered!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 AM

lol the important thing about that screenshot is my drunken pondering of how cool alti would be if there was no line of sight around/through walls
Old 08-10-2012, 10:01 PM

Are the banlists of the ladder and APL servers seperated now?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM

they always have been, except the one weekend where they weren't
Old 08-10-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
Are the banlists of the ladder and APL servers seperated now?
If you see both APL and Ladder up at the same time, then yes they should be. If we run into technical issues, we sometimes run ghetto APL servers by using the Ladder ones, which can lead to using the wrong ban list.

edit: Ah, SSD beat me.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:26 PM

Requesting ban on Yojimbo!

In addition to admittedly playing reverse just to spite other players because "they're jerks" (actually, it's because he can't take criticism), he's also disrespectful to several players, particularly to me as shown below.

I don't know why the print screen ended up like this, sorry.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 PM

yeah he seriously can't take anything.

Also, when is ladder going to be reset? i thought the set date was 2 and a half weeks ago? >.>
Old 08-22-2012, 10:31 PM

@DMCM- unfortunately being a **** is not against the rules otherwise 85% of people would not play in ladder. However, if you can provide evidence that he played rev/trolling during specific games with specific people on his team please send them to me and I can do something about it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM

He's doing it right now in Euro Ladder.

The only proof I can give is what he said above. He knows he can play better without reverse but he also knows it is the best way to annoy everyone who criticises him so that's what he's doing.

I wouldn't even call it trolling, it's more like he's throwing a tantrum because people told him his 3.0 ratio isn't worth ****. Pretty pathetic really.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure if this proofs anything but as you can see in DMCM's screenshot, the map being played was ball_mayhem2. He was initially playing thermo but switched to rev dumb bombs after said comment.

http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....&mode=ball_6v6

I know it's not actually proof, but the people in this match including DMCM and myself would be able to vouch. imo that should be enough.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
9) Racism/Bigotry. General immaturity. Excessive or unrelenting trash talk targeting specific players.

12) Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder.
He really can't take anything people say at him and I can also support the fact that he plays stupid setups just to annoy other players and prove them wrong about something.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:47 PM

Sorry but I feel this is too grey for me to touch. I definitely have my own opinions about perks and how they should be applied in ladder, but as long as I am not the one who operates the ladder server and am just an admin to enforce the rules I cant really do anything. This is also my opinion on this situation and another admin can come and handle this situation if they feel like it.

Also slender yeah, so you would be fine with me every time banning someone who calls some other person an inappropriate name really? (just mute them)I should note that I have never observed him playing suboptimal planes just to annoy people otherwise I would ban him.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 08-23-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 PM

agreed with DN. in the future just don't yell at yojimbo and everybody will be happy
Old 08-23-2012, 12:04 AM

It's always been gray, which is why people who troll with rev or play it out of spite will never get banned despite the hilariously ambiguous rules listed.

Unless they're kind of blatant about it, like this guy is.

edit: ok, not blatant enough. guess it's just a matter of being there
Old 08-23-2012, 03:29 AM

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/despite

also welcome soccer to the ladmins!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
agreed with DN. in the future just don't yell at yojimbo and everybody will be happy
Isnt this an acknowledgement that he is trolling?

I understand this is difficult to enforce, but something needs to be done. More short bans! More Rule 12!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
He really can't take anything people say at him and I can also support the fact that he plays stupid setups just to annoy other players and prove them wrong about something.
Elixir? Discuss.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicallad View Post
Elixir? Discuss.
lix is at least still decent with those setups
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM

yo i'll be the first person to say yojimbo is a <infracted> but damn it he's allowed to play whatever he wants