Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaku View Post
The thing is, 90% of the time, there is no risk at all carrying the ball to the goal.
that's simply not true. nearly every long shot i take is based on analysis that i will not survive long enough to take the ball all the way in myself.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
that's simply not true. nearly every long shot i take is based on analysis that i will not survive long enough to take the ball all the way in myself.
It's kinda exactly my point... Most times people are dunking are not about risk at all, as I said in the other thread. There is already this "strategic" decision because you shot knowing you couldn't dunk it. The risk is what forces the shot there, not the other way around. If you knew there was no risk, you would dunk it. Scoring 2 points or 500 each time wouldn't change anything about the fact that you made it alive or not to dunk

Last edited by Sunaku; 05-06-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM

no u

Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Cave graphics are awesome and is like a new dimension to the maps. If this could be done to every map it will attract new players.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Ooh, I have a request for the next patch: replace the frickin server list icons already. Those things are an abomination and it makes me cry to see such an obvious piece of programmer art still in at this point.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:26 PM

I think the change on the bots are reflecting negatively on the game. The bots seem to be slowing down every time they try to catch the ball, not just at start. This sometimes leads to possession being lost to the opposing team.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Administrator

The recent changes to bot AI only cause them to reduce throttle if (1) the bot spawned in the last 2 seconds and (2) the powerup is stationary (only just-spawned powerups are stationary, thrown balls and death-dropped-powerups fall with gravity).

If there's an issue with the general AI I can look into it, but I'm guessing the server you were playing on was configured to use weak bots (easy/medium usually fly at reduced throttle).
Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
I'm guessing the server you were playing on was configured to use weak bots (easy/medium usually fly at reduced throttle).
You're probably right, I only noticed that when I was playing yesterday, I associated it with the change, I should have tried it out a little more before reporting. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Speaking of AI, making AI skill level a server-configurable option would be cool. Especially if the bot names reflected their skill level (then some noob wouldn't join a server and get raped by AI without knowing what's going on - also, it'd make reviewers realize why "the AI sucks").
Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 PM

I've been thinking about this new alternative scoring system. I agree with Sunaku that dunking usually isn't worth the 2 points. I might agree that very long shots and/or shots with a bounce are worth more, but also in this case I think that double the points is too much. Basically I'd like it to be 150%, so you'd have to have half points in the game or make the usual goal worth 2 points and the extra shots worth 3 points, which is also a bit confusing. Dunno, it's hard to say what would be good without being able to test.

How difficult would it be to arrange some possibility to have some sort of a system where we can create test servers that use a different version of the game? This way these kinds of changes could be tested without disrupting the play on the regular servers and without disrupting any leagues, tournaments of scrimms. This would also benefit you on other changes too, not just this particular case. Just some food for thought karl and lam.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 PM

I just like the game the way itīs now. I mean, any change in the systematic would impact and modify the perfect balance, between competitiveness and fun, that Altitude is showing right now.

Thatīs not soccer, but itīs something useful to make a comparison. It doesnt matter how good/hard/spectacular/epic your goal is, because itīs just a goal, one goal.

Why should we change that? Imo itīs absolutely perfect now =)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:22 AM

Can some one explain what mouse control is to me?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:43 AM

to run mouse control go in console and write /mousecontrol true then bind primary and secondary weapons ALSO to left click and right click. you will se an arrow on which you can move with your mouse and that will change the direction and the throttle.

Last edited by andy; 05-16-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to zackzingki

Um, I do not enjoy the borders, to deathly.