Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:45 PM

how did the scrim go?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Aces High vs. &Twisted&

1 - 3
(As far as I know)

Game 1:

Game 2:

Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Game 3:

Game 4:

I got an important phone call after Game 4 so I didn't get any pics/don't know if any other games happened.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM

That was it, Payne. We played a few AH| v AH| afterward. I was bad today, sorry guys. Poor organization and poor playing led to this loss. Lets use it as a learning opportunity and a chance to make ourselves better.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:34 AM

I apologize as well. I was highly distracted when playing game 1, hence weekends being bad. We should rematch these guys sometime.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

hey, neut can u upload this instead of our old lobbies, goals are fake, and have invis walls . I know it's not like transparent or anything, but I'm lazy

if u want the gimp file i can send it to you and you can edit that stuff out, but for now: ball_ahlobby3.altx
Old 11-14-2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfish Lover View Post
That was it, Payne. We played a few AH| v AH| afterward. I was bad today, sorry guys. Poor organization and poor playing led to this loss. Lets use it as a learning opportunity and a chance to make ourselves better.
I think you are being too hard on yourself Self...we were all off it seemed... I think the lack of organization led to our downfall this time...and Kai same to you...maybe a better sort of organization and we could all improve.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 AM

We need to kill more, when two DF loopys are both barely keeping an even ratio, one of them needs to go acid.

Also truepain won't get back to me with whether he's okay with this going up in dojo, but I slapped a turret on his map under the tractor beam, and want to try it out.

Last edited by Jewbacchus; 11-14-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:17 AM

I wasn't very good either, in the third game I tried and mildly failed at Randa cause no one was switching, I think it just came down to poor organization; our line-ups were all messed up. First match wasnt too bad though and fourth one I had second-most kills, then my internet died and I sincerely apologize for that. We'll get them next time!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
I wasn't very good either, in the third game I tried and mildly failed at Randa cause no one was switching, I think it just came down to poor organization; our line-ups were all messed up. First match wasnt too bad though and fourth one I had second-most kills, then my internet died and I sincerely apologize for that. We'll get them next time!
Dont worry about the Internet thing. Stuff happens, no big deal. What is a big deal is the randa issue. I have a big problem with asking team members to switch planes to benefit the team and being ignored. I think everyone knows who I am talking about, so I will refrain from naming anyone. But this matter will be dealt with.

I do think that the practice time that we got in after the scrim was beneficial and should make that a regular thing. How about wednesday and saturday at 5 EST?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

I think we should ask around to ball clans that have been here longer than us to see how they deal with lineup.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
I think we should ask around to ball clans that have been here longer than us to see how they deal with lineup.
Well, since you asked [in b4 Sunaku], obviously plane composition depends on the map but generally you want two whales, two loopies, 1-2 randas, and 1-2 bomber/biplanes. If a player won't switch planes, there's no reason to give him/her a spot in competitive matches. And a low ratio DF (just like a low ratio randa) better be scoring three goals per game... otherwise they are hurting the team. I guess if they had a bunch of assists and/or saves, that might change my mind, too. Acid is nice because it helps the team as a whole since it makes planes susceptible to additional damage. It also works as a deterrent because some planes will turn back from a choke point or other areas when they see or are hit by acid. For more info, see my mini guide to acid.

You want to think about redundancy when planning a lineup. Two whales who cover each other when one pushes forward on offense is a great thing. Two randas don't really provide cover for each other so if one of them has a lower ratio or isn't scoring as much, consider replacing that plane with something heavier or at least deadlier. Two loopies can provide passing options and can give you additional ball retrievers. Beyond that, you have to have a really good reason for fielding more than two loopies on a map.

Three whales can do a ton of damage, but if those whales are all sitting back by the goal, they are going to hurt the team because the team can't push forward without them. So you have to think about each player's intuition, communication, and cooperation (e.g. do they work with the team, do they do as asked when needed, etc.).

Having planes cross-train (play multiple planes well) is optimal because then you don't have to worry so much about who can make a scrim or who is playing which plane. Players can switch as needed in-game. I play acid loopy and thermo whale. One gives the team a bonus and allows for speed, while the other allows for strong defense and occasional offensive pushes. Someone like ball'n or Sky can go randa for a huge scoring threat with low kills (although ball'n is actually quite dangerous these days... haven't seen Sky recently) and then switch to whale when we need defense and high ratios.

Other questions?

Last edited by tgleaf; 11-14-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I do think that the practice time that we got in after the scrim was beneficial and should make that a regular thing. How about wednesday and saturday at 5 EST?
I agree with you there Self and those times will be fine for me in general, so if we can get some practice and organization set I can see us going far.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:29 PM

I agree with leaf. To apply that to our team:

I think our biggest issue is that we have offense-minded players playing ships on defense. They end up trying to move the ball more than kill it, grab it and get rid of it (clear or pass to offense). The focus on moving the ball lowers their kill count, getting them killed and then allows for situations where we are outnumbered. The other team is taking advantage of those situations to kill us off, which stops us from actually going on offense, and in most cases leaves 1 or 2 of on the field while they are at or nearly at full strength, pushing for our goal.

The other issue with offensive players that play defense is getting caught on the wrong side of the ball, ie chasing it back to our goal.

My thoughts on the topic.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Thanks a lot for your explanation tgleaf !

@Selfish, did you get my tl;dr PM or what?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
Thanks a lot for your explanation tgleaf !

@Selfish, did you get my tl;dr PM or what?
Last one I got from you was on Tuesday. Nothing recent.

And thanks for the info, leaf. I intend to work on acid loopy to take advantage of the choke points as you mentioned. I am also working on my HC Biplane in order to be a bit more deadly than I am with my DF loopy. I was off my game yesterday and the ratios I had were out of the ordinary for me. I am usually a lot more even, generally having more kills than deaths. Yesterday was a weird day for me.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Nice try Demuyt, but I think you were still too soft on tg. Let me help you be the first to reach page 100 :
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Other questions?
Oh since you're asking, I was just wondering what is the meaning of life ?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm new to the team so I only know what planes a few of you play, but do we have a comprehensive list of primary/secondary plane types for each player? This can help us with seeing any composition gaps.

My plane types:

1) Acid/DF Loopy
My acid ratio is usually close to 1:1 with a lot of kill assists. I don't score as often because I focus on mid-field and collapsing the opponent's runs.
My DF ratio is fairly bad 1-1.5:1 on a good day, the main reason for this is because I tend to become more offense minded while playing DF. I score more using this plane.

2) Bomber
This is a distant second for me. Team, is this worth developing or do you guys recommend that I develop something else instead?

FYI: Lotsa colors to fill the void left by Ajuk being on vacation.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:44 PM

| | TeamWaffle | |

Plains(descending order)

1. Remote whale
2. laz0r randa
3. Suppresor Bomber
4. Recoilles Biplane
5. Acid Loopy (yep, I finally figured it out)

*insert nostalgia here*

edit: oh and selfish, 2000th post is now mine, muahahahahahaha..plus, i think we are beating {ball} in posts,

Last edited by leggomyeggo; 11-14-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Last one I got from you was on Tuesday. Nothing recent.

And thanks for the info, leaf. I intend to work on acid loopy to take advantage of the choke points as you mentioned. I am also working on my HC Biplane in order to be a bit more deadly than I am with my DF loopy. I was off my game yesterday and the ratios I had were out of the ordinary for me. I am usually a lot more even, generally having more kills than deaths. Yesterday was a weird day for me.
bad plan. EMP is one of the most useful things in ball. Very few players can be useful in a biplane. I'd say work on being more deadly in your loopy. (for kaizen and other loopies too). I see a lot of loopys in ladder overpursuing, and this decreases their defensive ability. What this means is when you're facing a ball carrier head on, instead of shooting, and then flying by him, slow down, empty your rockets, and make sure he dies first. Loopies are the easiest to kill with other than bomber. Your ratio may not be terribly high, but that's ok if you're getting kills to balance your deaths imo. You need to find the balance between killing people and being agressive on offense. the two are not mutually exclusive either, you just need to think about changing how you play.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:03 PM

Well, the person who u wanted to go randa was the person in that game who was doing the best killing.. i mean it seems kinda counter productive to me
Old 11-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:

Wednesday is kinda the worst day for me, normally I have doctor's appointments then. Tuesday works much better if at all possible, but if the majority of people can make Wednesday that's fine I'll just come to Saturday's and try to make Wednesday when I can.

Also, I play:
Agressive DF Loopy; I don't have a great KDR but average 2-3 goals a game
Midfield Acid Loopy: I get a ton of assists and a better ratio than DF, but less goals

I can also go bomber and biplane if needed.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 PM

We r listing our planes?

1)whale- any perks
the rest are pretty much evenly tied and prettty good. worst prob biplane
Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 PM

Default My planes

Here are my planes:

1)DF Loopy/Suppressor bomber: I can play both of these pretty equally I tend to play bomber if we need more heavy and defensive/midfield playing and play loopy for midfield passing/offensive plays.

2) Acid Loopy/other forms of bomber- basically the difference between these and my first is my kdr is typically a little lower.

3)Whale: I can play a mediocre whale...I can practice this if the team would want. I fail miserably at randa and biplanes.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 PM

@Vesu...What we needed in that match was someone in a quicker plane who could get in on goal easier. A proficient randa would have fitted this need perfectly.

@Guava...Thanks for the info. I usually keep an even ratio in my DF loopy and have a fairly high number of assists. I'll shift my attention to the acid loopy and away from the biplane. And I'll focus on not being terrible next scrim too

Last edited by Selfish Lover; 11-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
@Vesu...What we needed in that match was someone in a quicker plane who could get in on goal easier. A proficient randa would have fitted this need perfectly.

@Guava...Thanks for the info. I usually keep an even ratio in my DF loopy and have a fairly high number of assists. I'll shift my attention to the acid loopy and away from the biplane. And I'll focus on not being terrible next scrim too
Lol. i had the only goal that round.. whale!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
We r listing our planes?

1)whale- any perks
the rest are pretty much evenly tied and prettty good. worst prob biplane
eh, idk I think ajuk already knows it but he's not here and i was just going with the bandwagon,
Old 11-14-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
edit: oh and selfish, 2000th post is now mine, muahahahahahaha..plus, i think we are beating {ball} in posts,
lol you would delete a post just to make yourself 2000th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
We r listing our planes?
Im pretty sure they are on the aces high website
Old 11-14-2010, 11:08 PM

he has the 1000th, if someone wants me to delete a few posts i'll give it to someone else, or we can all delete everything and give it back, i was just testing to see if it would work , no hard feelings, you curvy loopie
Old 11-14-2010, 11:09 PM

Hey mikesol
Old 11-15-2010, 01:02 AM

Guys check the Aces High website and see what Ajuk listed as your primary/secondary. Post here if you disagree/are working on something else.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
Guys check the Aces High website and see what Ajuk listed as your primary/secondary. Post here if you disagree/are working on something else.
Also either post here or pm me if you need to be added to the roster. For the new guys, the website can be found here.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:58 AM

Yo shellfish, check who has the 2000th post
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
he has the 1000th, if someone wants me to delete a few posts i'll give it to someone else, or we can all delete everything and give it back, i was just testing to see if it would work , no hard feelings, you curvy loopie
why dont we just go ahead and delete the entire thread :P
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 AM

I'm down with that, then we can try and beat ball in posts, again
Old 11-15-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
That is more like it...
Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
I'm down with that, then we can try and beat ball in posts, again
it's an endurance test to 100 pages now, buddeh.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
it's an endurance test to 100 pages now, buddeh.
I've been to the future. We get to 100 pages first.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Im kinda pissed because im on a school computer and the team website is blocked >.>
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Can I have a turn?