Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 AM

Hey. Sorry for the bump.

I've recently found out about the ladder and I want to start playing there, but after watching a couple of games I realize that I'm not quite ready skill-wise and I don't seem to be improving that much lately . Soooo I'm hoping someone here would like to waste some time and teach me. I play with miranda trickster mostly, altho somehow I seem to do better with laser. I go as Imlemon on the servers and you can also catch me on skype (im.lemon).
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
Hey. Sorry for the bump.

I've recently found out about the ladder and I want to start playing there, but after watching a couple of games I realize that I'm not quite ready skill-wise and I don't seem to be improving that much lately . Soooo I'm hoping someone here would like to waste some time and teach me. I play with miranda trickster mostly, altho somehow I seem to do better with laser. I go as Imlemon on the servers and you can also catch me on skype (im.lemon).
i've seen you, and you've been super respectful, if a better randa doesn't help you I will defo help you out.

First though Trick is considered underpowered, you can still play it but it is hard and very skillful and you need great aim and you need great survival skills (so you can get bars).

Laser is more useful at a lower skill level >_>
Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM

well hello- I'm shrode, some of you may have seen me around the forums or the ball ladder trying my best recently. I'm really getting into alti right now and hope to be (at least somewhat) competetive with it at some point.

I like to play supp bomber and feel like I am fairly good at general combat, but would like some help from some more experienced players on more strategic things, such as how to recognize when to push up with the team to try and force a goal or when to sit back and just hold mid area, etc.

I have ventrilo (and a server to use) and would prefer to use that for comm, but would be willing to DL mumbler or whatever for comm purposes.

ingame name = shrode

Last edited by shrode; 07-14-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:36 PM

I could definitely use some Explodet help. I get raped by them and raped when I fly them, so I must be doing something wrong

-Joe
Old 07-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
i've seen you, and you've been super respectful, if a better randa doesn't help you I will defo help you out.

First though Trick is considered underpowered, you can still play it but it is hard and very skillful and you need great aim and you need great survival skills (so you can get bars).

Laser is more useful at a lower skill level >_>
You make it sound like trick is bad. :c

I'll add you to my backorder, Lemon, if you still want help. Just go ahead and add me.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM

need a explo tutor!! gmt+1 DD
Old 07-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Hey all, I'm Fre (here and in-game). I am very new to altitude and I would like general advice about 5v5 ball/tdb and some experience with basic plane matchups. I play bomber and biplane more than the rest, but I want to practice each plane a bit.

I'm in the US/GMT-5, play in the evening, and I'll get whatever people use to chat. I'm not sure how much time I want to put into the game, but certainly enough to get to play ladder games (I'm nowhere near the skill level atm).

I'll pm some of the tutors, but you can also hit me up.

Cheers.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

I'm happy to help anyone interested in flying Biplane, flying rev, shooting HC, or a combination of the three

Happy to help with anything but those are what I do best
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Beagle, since this inactive smurf still has your name, what are you playing under now?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

=MH=Beagle right now
Old 07-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Oh yeah ofc i could've known...ladder..
Old 07-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
Hey fellas,

A while ago, Beagle created a thread with the intent of providing a service to the masses of new players that were present at the time. As we all now know, the steam free weekend has introduced a whole new player base and hopefully, many will be sticking around. Unfortunately, at the moment, most of these players are merely playing with other new players, which is certainly beneficial to an extent, however, the more fundamental skill-sets would take an eternity to learn under these conditions.
So in order to nurture the newcomers into the competitive scene of Altitude, I'd like to (re)introduce a method through which the seasoned veterans can impart our knowledge to these players.

The Enlightened Tutors, or ET's for short, will act to satisfy the inherent communal need for such a knowledge base by providing friendly, civil, and constructive thoughts to all who yearn to expand their skill set in this dandy game we all have come to love (and loathe lul).

For Prospective Tutors
Through scheduled meetings, we will meet with players who request such assistance. Sometimes this will manifest as simply spec-ing in a pub server and providing tips through PM, while at other times, players and mentors will 1v1 in order to build some basic dogfighting skills.

This clan of sorts is open to all those who feel as if they have something to offer and can be generally flexible in scheduling for sessions with willing nubsickles. If this doesn't exactly take off as the last attempt to form such a program didn't, then so be it, but please don't shy away from this because of the obvious difficulties in implementing such a plan like slight communication barriers or social anxieties. This is our opportunity to make sure we dread playing with steamies not because they're noobs, but because they surpass their elders in skill and start pwnin us. Do your part to direct new players to the forums and this thread.

For Prospective Tutees
If you would like to get a mentor, please post here or friend any of the listed tutors in game, and we'll begin to coordinate a schedule of some kind. New players have the opportunity to request anything from basic tips and tricks, to more advanced, plane or game mode specific strategies, so please don't hesitate to ask for any kind of help.

Without further adieu:

Enlightened Tutors:
1.) *ET* Casey
2.) *ET* Storm
3.) *ET* wolf'j
4.) *ET* tyr
5.) *ET* mled
6.) *ET* Veritas
7.) *ET* Demuyt
8.) *ET* Jayfourke
9.) *ET* tgleaf
10.)

BTW no one really hasta sport the tags, I'm just a sucker for uniformity
hey ive been on altitude for about 2 years,think i could join in this?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

try quoting less
Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Zero

some1 teach me anchor
Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 PM

Big thanks to the two tutors who were kind enough to contact me and spend 1-on-1 time helping me. My Explo game is miles ahead of where it was with just a few hours' practice already.

-Joe
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 PM

I'd appreciate any kind of help. I'm looking for a tutor for bomber and/or explodet. IGN: Athix
Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Hey all, anyone still tutoring? I've had enormous success with Explo thanks to my tutors. I'd love to get a little help with my terrible Randa game. The old, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em gag. Anyone spare a few minutes to help a brutha out?

Also to give back a bit, I'd be happy to tutor on Explo. I'm certainly not the best in the game, but I've learned a lot.

-Joe
Old 09-28-2010, 04:00 PM

Out of curiosity who exactly tutored your explo?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:01 PM

Silent Skies and Massi both helped me out separately.

-Joe
Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

I would like to see this tutoring program come back. I hear everyone complaining about the newer people who come into ladder, play rediculous setups, and get kicked multiple times for it. This is kind of way to treat them will just keep them out of ladder and possibly competitive play. I would like to see the community help more and offer their experience to the newer players.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSkirtBrew View Post
Hey all, anyone still tutoring? I've had enormous success with Explo thanks to my tutors. I'd love to get a little help with my terrible Randa game. The old, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em gag. Anyone spare a few minutes to help a brutha out?

Also to give back a bit, I'd be happy to tutor on Explo. I'm certainly not the best in the game, but I've learned a lot.

-Joe
Guess i could joe, ill just help when we meet O.o
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM

Well I'm also a steamie and would like to learn from the pros out there. I already chatted with some of you (smush for example, a lot of others but I'm bad at names) and got my butt kicked from some of you (vi, mikesol) and York thinks I'm a smurf.

My timezone is, I think, GMT +1 (spain, germany) and I'd like to learn more on the only plane I can "not suck" consistently; flak bomber. I played some ladder games and I can't say I did nice, but helped the team a bit. What I like most is TBD and I'd like to get good at either defending the center, assisting the bomber or both, so flak for TBD would be the keywords.

Can I add some/any of you?

I must also say nice players are usually nice people too here, sadly is not the normal thing in most gaming communities. Props.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 AM

Was just browsing the forums when I saw this. I was wondering if I could get some help with biplane. Sorry if this is a dead thread, kinda new to this whole thing.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:49 AM

Is this tutor program still on taking tutees??
Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I'm pretty sure there are a few players that still would/could tutor.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:24 AM

I don't think it's as organized as it was originally meant to be but don't be afraid to bump this thread to ask for help. Anyone willing can add you in game or PM you to coordinate times to play together and give lessons.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 AM

i guess i can add you mockingbird i'll do it right now
my name can be recognzed if there's Yarode or Wolf in it =]
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Depends on what people need, I'm pretty decent at every plane in tbd, and sucky-mediocre at every plane at ball lol
Old 12-26-2010, 06:00 PM

is tutoring still happening. I just picked this game up on steam sale and loving it. I only have the loopy, the bomber and explode unlocked but I mainly been using the loopy. I looked up pro league vids and seen some crazy skills. I was wonderin if loopy is used much at all during those matches and could i get a tutor for loopy xD

and How does ladder work on this game. xD
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsome26 View Post
is tutoring still happening. I just picked this game up on steam sale and loving it. I only have the loopy, the bomber and explode unlocked but I mainly been using the loopy. I looked up pro league vids and seen some crazy skills. I was wonderin if loopy is used much at all during those matches and could i get a tutor for loopy xD

What's your in game name?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Sorry I haven't been keeping too much of an eye on this thread, it just seemed like everyone was getting help from one person or another through PMs and whatnot. I'd be glad to help any of you who want to play trickster or loop/learn the basics of the game, although my playstyle in both ball and tbd is pretty focused on certain objectives. Otherwise, keep adding vets in game or PMing on forums and I'm sure you'll obtain the help you were looking for.

Also, welcome noobs, please stick around for awhile.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsome26 View Post

Before you start ladder you should make sure you know the basics of the game. If you want to learn loopy read eth's guide on it, no matter if you want Double fire or Acid, it's a good start to understand the basic gameplay. After you've got a handle on the basics go read ladder rules and then you're set to start playing in a competitive setting.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:38 PM

in game name is awsome26 and i live in EST time, anyone wana set up a tut. I have a mic avaiable as well.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

After certain pressure from many different parties...(Hi York) I was *ahem* wondering if I could get some tutoring to finely tune some aspects of my game. Mainly just some overall tutoring with the planes, since I am gradually learning all the planes instead of the bomber which I normally play. Anyone open? Yo tengo mic btw.

That was embarrassing.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

I'd be glad in helping anyone who plays heavy cannon. Just send me a PM here or add me ingame.

[FRO]TheGenesis
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM

If anyone wants multiplane advice (best at explodet/loopy) add me *ET*Unenlightened
Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to BoboTheTiny Send a message via Skype™ to BoboTheTiny

I'm lookin to tutor a young 'un. Just get em in their stretch pants, and we can barrel roll around an such. Jus send me your myspace.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm lookin for help with the heavy cannon reverse perks (aka sniplane) any help would be much appreciated. thank you.
//torsion
Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 PM

bump for sniplane halp. i would be an inadequate tutor at best.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 PM

Who's torsion? Is that nicholasy?