Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
I think that we should all record a ton of video send all the video to the best video editor, and he puts together a Lens Flare top ten, top ten plays, top ten shots, top ten bloopers, top ten pushes, top ten drops, top ten saves. I think that would be SO cool.
+1 that would be awesome. kinda like an espn/mlg top ten thing
Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 AM

so you're saying i can hire you - for free - to follow me around my altitude life and record my every action?

dream come true
Old 11-27-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
so you're saying i can hire you - for free - to follow me around my altitude life and record my every action?

dream come true
As long as we get to see everything.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:38 AM

i have nice editing stuff, ill do the stuff for SSD
Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
As long as we get to see everything.
that's going to require an HBO subscription
Old 11-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernArcher View Post
i have nice editing stuff, ill do the stuff for SSD
Nice, thank you! Do you also want to record games and stuff?
Old 11-27-2010, 02:13 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Well, for now my fraps is screwing up Altitude and it keeps kicking me out of servers, so I can't record atm. Although, I am thinking about downloading a couple trial versions of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, etc etc. So I can edit some of the Klassic Kills Klan's (tee hee) videos and give it a shot if someone records some videos and sends them to me.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:53 AM

Hey guys, sorry I think I'm gonna have to jump out. On second thought I don't think I would be able to commit to any games so sorry but I think it's for the best.

And yes about the top ten thing, like SC top tens. I would really love it if someone put that together.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
Hey guys, sorry I think I'm gonna have to jump out. On second thought I don't think I would be able to commit to any games so sorry but I think it's for the best.

And yes about the top ten thing, like SC top tens. I would really love it if someone put that together.
No worries, I took you off the roster. You'll always be welcome if you ever wish to come back!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
Well, for now my fraps is screwing up Altitude and it keeps kicking me out of servers, so I can't record atm. Although, I am thinking about downloading a couple trial versions of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, etc etc. So I can edit some of the Klassic Kills Klan's (tee hee) videos and give it a shot if someone records some videos and sends them to me.
like you said, we'll try today, see if it works out.

AWWWW leggo, Klassic Kills Klan's, you make me muuuusssshhhhyyyy inside <3

o wait

Last edited by Blue; 11-27-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Recording for my project is done for me, so now moxy or leggo has to get some of the other guys on my clan, and we'll start the editing phase.

Remember, im free over mumble, so if you guys want to that'd be great.

I just wanted to thank your guys for there cooperation so far!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

It's great that you guys are recording more Altitude matches. I've seen the links and I know that clans appreciate your efforts.

Just a suggestion, though, that you change your chat mode before (and during) recording so that you get a cleaner video and people don't have to read all of the in-game and/or private chats.

Use /captureMode # to change the setting. Someone can post here... I forget which # refers to which setting.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
It's great that you guys are recording more Altitude matches. I've seen the links and I know that clans appreciate your efforts.

Just a suggestion, though, that you change your chat mode before (and during) recording so that you get a cleaner video and people don't have to read all of the in-game and/or private chats.

Use /captureMode # to change the setting. Someone can post here... I forget which # refers to which setting.
Thanks for the kind words & for the tip !
Old 11-30-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post

I use /captureMode 3, I feel like it works the best. It shows (I think) everything but the chat, whilst the others will hide the usernames, health bars, etc. Although, depending on what you want, you may choose 1 or 2.

Edit: it looks like /captureMode 2 does this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lam
added player command 'captureMode 2' -- removes all UI, including player names; use with your favorite video capture program (e.g. Fraps) to record video

Last edited by leggomyeggo; 11-30-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 AM

Handling tons of different footage is a bitch.
Haha, I like editing but ill stick to doing my own footage :P

Just let us know when to.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:53 PM

this is brilliant!! I cant be bothered to read all this thread right now, but I hope all videos are recorded in HD =3! anyhow I look forward to getting some videos of games =]
Old 12-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Can someone please record the tVo vs. AIR European Altitude Ball League match today (or whenever it is scheduled for...)?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeciaL View Post
to Dougie, =AIR= vs tVo on this Sunday (December 5) 7 PM GMT
thx .
Old 12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

I can't make it to that time, can anyone else record it?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:16 PM

moxy has some raw footage of a good random tbd game so is all this a compilation of clans matches or segments pulled together to make a nice video?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
moxy has some raw footage of a good random tbd game so is all this a compilation of clans matches or segments pulled together to make a nice video?
As I understand it, this group is here to provide recording services for matches as needed. Other people have suggested the idea of compilation videos, editing services, etc., but I think that's outside of the scope of what they are offering.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:44 AM

So can you all record fLb v KLF and winner v sammich this coming sunday?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
So can you all record fLb v KLF and winner v sammich this coming sunday?
Acecast is already on this one (with commentary though so I suppose someone can record the games with only game sound ...)
We don't care about fLb getting roflstomped by KLF though
also, why are you not coming on irc anymore ?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
Acecast is already on this one (with commentary though so I suppose someone can record the games with only game sound ...)
We don't care about fLb getting roflstomped by KLF though
also, why are you not coming on irc anymore ?
Ah I wiped my laptop clean and just have not gotten around to reinstalling it yet.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

ok guys, can you guys pick up the pace a little bit. I think i might encourage some guys with the video. if moxy, legs, or someone else has the video edited and ready to talk about on mumble or though PM or on altitude, then PM me it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Blue
Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
ok guys, can you guys pick up the pace a little bit. I think i might encourage some guys with the video. if moxy, legs, or someone else has the video edited and ready to talk about on mumble or though PM or on altitude, then PM me it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Blue
I sent the video to leggo a while ago for editing. But personally, I don't see anything worth editing anyways because you barely got any kills and didn't bomb at all.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxyCrimefighter View Post
I sent the video to leggo a while ago for editing. But personally, I don't see anything worth editing anyways because you barely got any kills and didn't bomb at all.
right but u did get other videos according to you and you should have been getting it of my other guys. And me and leggo were whispering today, and he said he had no idea how to edit videos. Please explain.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
right but u did get other videos according to you and you should have been getting it of my other guys. And me and leggo were whispering today, and he said he had no idea how to edit videos. Please explain.
Yes I got other videos of you, but there were no valuable plays you made. I haven't seen your guys play in any TBD maps.
Leggo told me he could TRY to edit, but I'm sure he didn't see anything worthwhile anyways.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxyCrimefighter View Post
Leggo told me he could TRY to edit, but I'm sure he didn't see anything worthwhile anyways.
Im sure he didnt even look at it -.-
Old 12-13-2010, 01:25 AM

Quote:
First of all, we are doing this out of the goodness of our mile-size hearts, and we just wanted to help people record scrimmages, then send them raw video. Then, you and SSD asked us to record videos of players on a team and then edit the videos, which really, none of our members signed up for. The fact that you expect us to contact each and every one of !|'s members, then schedule a time to record them without you helping at all just irritates me. Also, I have told you that my fraps is acting up and not letting me record, so you can't just keep asking me to record in such a rude way that you did in-game today. The fact of the matter is, I can't record, and I haven't been able to for some time, you need to get in contact with another member (See front page). You can't just contact one member to record a video of yourself and then expect them to get videos of your other players. What you need to do (which is not much) is contact your other members, maybe even just leave a post in your thread, and have them work with the video recorder also.

Second of all (this was slightly mentioned above), your attitude toward me in-game today was very rude, and made me want to reach across my computer screen and punch you right in the face. There is nothing binding us to record your videos and then edit them, hell if we want to, we can just say "Go **** yourself, I'm not helping you". The way that you tried to get me to help you today was not at all necessary. Lemme quote you right here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by !|Blue
!|Blue whispers:i suggest, you come here when that round is done
You whisper to !|Blue:i told u
You whisper to !|Blue:i can't
!|Blue whispers:wow
You whisper to !|Blue:what
!|Blue whispers:then get out of there
!|Blue whispers:cause frankley, im not gonna wait this long (P.s. I was in a ladder game, I couldn't come >.>)
You whisper to !|Blue:nice attitue
!|Blue whispers:ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS!!
!|Blue whispers:are you ****ting me?!
You whisper to !|Blue:have u been listening to me
You whisper to !|Blue:i can't record
!|Blue whispers:yes i have
!|Blue whispers:you could of told the others to edit it up (P.s. only one video of blue was made, so we couldn't really edit anything yet)
!|Blue whispers: or
!|Blue whispers:you could of told them to get more video
You whisper to !|Blue:how can i edit just your video
!|Blue whispers:if your not gonna cooperat, i suggest quit
[...slight skip(nothing too important, imo)...
!|Blue whispers:its your job
!|Blue whispers:not mine
!|Blue whispers:i hired u
P.S.: Yes, there are some skips that I did not mention, I am not just skipping them to make myself look good, I am skipping them because they were either player chat or meaningless posts, so if the posts seem like I am trying to make myself look good, and you want the whole chat, so be it, I will post

I told you multiple times I couldn't record you and for you to ask other members, but you kept telling me that it was my job and I should go do it. All I signed up for was to record videos, I even said that I couldn't do your video because fraps wasn't working, a long time ago.

Thirdly (a very small point, maybe you can comprehend), I never said I didn't know how to edit videos, if you can show me where I said that, then I will retract this passage, but until then, this holds true. Please don't make up things when the person you are making things up about is around. It never turns out good, it only makes you look like a giant douche.

tl;dr
From all the things you've done today, mainly attitude towards me, I am not going to help you at all. I will not edit your videos, attempt to get fraps working just so your pretty little clan can get some video, nor do anything else to help you accomplish anything.

Quote:
Im sure he didnt even look at it -.-
Yes, I did look at it, but I had not started editing yet because I was waiting for you to cooperate with some of our other members and get some video. This is another example of your attitude, you expected that I had not even begun to look at your video, showing that you don't think I am a responsible person, furthering the reason why I don't want to help you.

If this is not enough for you, please PM me with what you think is wrong as I do not want to clutter up this page with senseless bickering.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned

Posted By Leggo:...slight skip(nothing too important, imo)...

You just said you hadnt gotton a chance to edit it, but in fact in that part you were saying how you didn't know how to edit.

Also:

Quote:
I need a person to both record and edit footage in order to make a great clan video for team !|. You will have to edit the video in cooperation with Blue (over Mumble). If you have the time for it and have video editing skills, you can pick this project up by posting in this thread or talking to me in game.

Your will need to do/have:

• Get shots of my clan
  • Graphic Design Cooperated
  • Get specific shots of my Players (including me) making great kills
  • Editing skills
  • Preferably a Mac (iMovie)
  • I would also like the altitude logo cooperated
  • Make it somewhat like the altitude promo video
  • Have the altitude main menu music in the background (optional)

If you can not do 1 or 2 of those things, I'm ok with it.
You have done nothing, absolutely nothing in cooperating. Moxy has done everything so far. You have not cooperated, and you can say it all you want. Clearly you have no experience in Filming or Movie editing, so drop out. If you want to commit to something this specific and complex, then you better know what your doing. I think so far this is not going well, so I strongly suggest you start doing what I asked for. I never complain, but this is ridiculous. You clearly stated that you would like to, and are able to cooperate with me multiple times, and now you say you have no editing skills. Then you try to cover that up over a quote (which everything there I've said is true), that's just a new low leggo. Your one of the most awesome guys on altitude, so don't ruin it over nothing.

EDIT:
Quote:
P.S.: Yes, there are some skips that I did not mention, I am not just skipping them to make myself look good, I am skipping them because they were either player chat or meaningless posts
Lies you are just covering up what you said that you have no editing skills.

Thank You for your understanding.

P.S. I absolutely want someone else editing anyway.

Last edited by Blue; 12-13-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:54 AM

I will say one thing, and then PM you with everything else, please don't post about how I wasn't doing my job, such and such and PM me. I will type up a message in the near future, but I need to get on a different computer.

Full chatlog (minus the player chat going on at the time):
Quote:
Originally Posted by !|Blue vsLeggo
[12:55] !|Blue whispers: hey man
[12:55] You whisper to !|Blue: yo
[12:56] !|Blue whispers: have you edited that clan video at all
[12:56] You whisper to !|Blue: i only got ur video o.o
[12:56] !|Blue whispers: well u were supposed to get my other members
[12:56] You whisper to !|Blue: >.>*
[12:56] You whisper to !|Blue: told u i couldn't
[12:56] !|Blue whispers: i suggest, you come here when that round is done
[12:56] !|Blue whispers: and get video of premier
[12:57] You whisper to !|Blue: i told u
[12:57] You whisper to !|Blue: i can't
[12:57] !|Blue whispers: wow
[12:57] You whisper to !|Blue: what
[12:57] !|Blue whispers: then get out of there
[12:57] !|Blue whispers: cause frankley, im not gonna wait this long
[12:58] You whisper to !|Blue: nice attitue
[12:58] !|Blue whispers: ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS!!
[12:58] !|Blue whispers: are you ****ting me?!
[12:58] You whisper to !|Blue: have u been listening to me
[12:58] You whisper to !|Blue: i can't record
[12:58] !|Blue whispers: yes i have
[12:58] !|Blue whispers: you could of told the others to edit it up
[12:58] !|Blue whispers: or
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: you could of told them to get more video
[12:59] You whisper to !|Blue: how can i edit just your video
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: if your not gonna cooperat, i suggest quit
[12:59] You whisper to !|Blue: that'd be boring
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: do you have a mac?
[12:59] You whisper to !|Blue: u ask them
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: no

[12:59] !|Blue whispers: its your job
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: not mine
[12:59] !|Blue whispers: i hired u
[12:59] You whisper to !|Blue: it's not really my job
[12:59] You whisper to !|Blue: so calm the **** down
[13:00] !|Blue whispers: no
[13:00] !|Blue whispers: i wont
[13:00] !|Blue whispers: do you have a mac or pc/
[13:00] You whisper to !|Blue: wait until i finish this game
[13:00] You whisper to !|Blue: so i can talk to u
The bolded and underlined part is where, according to blue, I said I didn't know how to edit.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
I will say one thing, and then PM you with everything else, please don't post about how I wasn't doing my job, such and such and PM me. I will type up a message in the near future, but I need to get on a different computer.

Full chatlog (minus the player chat going on at the time):

The bolded and underlined part is where, according to blue, I said I didn't know how to edit.
i asked that way later, but i did ask that. your wrong, and you're gonna lose this battle
Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 AM

Quote:
i asked that way later, but i did ask that. your wrong, and you're gonna lose this battle
I'm anxiously waiting for that.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Blue, please stop posting.

@Everyone, I know how to do video editing if needed. =)
Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
your wrong, and you're gonna lose this battle
He's already lost dude. No need to keep grinding him into the dirt when your logic is obviously superior. I suggest you take your money somewhere else - that'll show him.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
He's already lost dude. No need to keep grinding him into the dirt when your logic is obviously superior. I suggest you take your money somewhere else - that'll show him.
Thanks Pie, this is for you.

Blue, I'm not sure you read the OP well. We are offering to record your scrims and send you raw footage, and perhaps accept a special request if it is reasonable. Even though Moxy and Leggo had no video editing skills, they still volunteered to help you, the same way as they volunteered to record games on your demand. Now I hope you understand we are not your personnal assistants -we are not going to gather all your members, arrange a time, and do everything with you sitting aside watching. And since you were so rude, I'm taking your clan video off the projects list. You can still ask us to record any scrim any time, but that's it, we are not dedicating any extra time to a person like you who can't keep polite to people who are offering him stuff for free.

Very sorry.

Edit: Ajuk, would you be willing to do SSD's clan vid?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
Blue, please stop posting.

@Everyone, I know how to do video editing if needed. =)
Will do Ajuk.

@Pie I Will

Last edited by Blue; 12-13-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demuyt View Post
Thanks Pie, this is for you.

Blue, I'm not sure you read the OP well. We are offering to record your scrims and send you raw footage, and perhaps accept a special request if it is reasonable. Even though Moxy and Leggo had no video editing skills, they still volunteered to help you, the same way as they volunteered to record games on your demand. Now I hope you understand we are not your personnal assistants -we are not going to gather all your members, arrange a time, and do everything with you sitting aside watching. And since you were so rude, I'm taking your clan video off the projects list. You can still ask us to record any scrim any time, but that's it, we are not dedicating any extra time to a person like you who can't keep polite to people who are offering him stuff for free.

Very sorry.

Edit: Ajuk, would you be willing to do SSD's clan vid?
Don't even think about bringing moxy into this, because he did everything on his part he was supposed to. Leggo was absolutely kind enough to volunteer, yet, he did nothing. Don't Volunteer for something that you can't COMMITE to do. And your not my personal assistant, if you were this would happen way more often Personally, the fact that you took me off is rediculous. But leaders do as they wish. I'd like to thank you guys for your hard work and 'dedication', but I guess this is over.

Last edited by Blue; 12-13-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: errors
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't even think about bringing moxy into this, because he did everything on his part he was supposed to. Leggo was absolutely kind enough to volunteer, yet, he did nothing. Don't Volunteer for something that you can't COMMITE to do. And your not my personal assistant, if you were this would happen way more often Personally, the fact that you took me off is rediculous. But leaders do as they wish. I'd like to thank you guys for your hard work and 'dedication', but I guess this is over.
I can put you back on the list, but I doubt that anyone is going to be willing to do it.

Quote:
Well, no one seems to be stepping up, so I think I might be able to help you on your project.. I haven't really done video editing before, but I can test my skills and see what I can do.
Again, if you don't like it, I think Pieface could do some really good editing, as long as he's not tied up with something else
This was directed to SSD but the same applies to your vid.

Leggo volunteered to make your vid because no one else wanted to. He clearly says he has no video editing experience, but is willing to help.
The chatlog proves that Leggo told you multiple times that he could not record anymore after some point, but you refused to listen and started raging. If you really cared about your vid, you would have taken the fact that Leggo is not able to record in account and would have posted here saying someone else needs to do it.