Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:19 AM

ok Aero, as I said, I can not judge the fairness of that line for mouse+KB, and did not intend to attack this point of view, or you personally (we met in-game, I know youre not a dick).

Its just the often-heard "mouse is generally fully imba" idiocy that pisses me off, since its not more "Imba" then any of the plane classes or perks or having a good ping, or whatever. The mouse-bar is needed in its full length for full-mouse control, thats for sure. Not even to aim, since the plane rotates slower then the mouse line, but to control throttle and see where the hell your plane is going to go, in addition to keeping track of where it is/how it is rotated currently. Both problems are not occuring with the keyboard.

This is why, adding the line to kb+mouse controls sort-of sounds to me like an unnecessary advantage, since the line is not used for throttle control, but on the other side it might be that some people need it to keep track of direction (like with full mouse) much more then they need it for aiming. I did not try, since I would never use keyboard for playing alti, so I cant tell.

And even if it is a small unfair advantage, I have no problem with it at all. In opposite, I dare anyone to kick my ass in-game <3

Btw, I would have quit the game after level 60 if not mouse control + lazer randa Its just an awsome combination of particular interest to me (about 23.000 randa kills, compared to under 1/10 this many on all other planes combined), and I dont like it when people whose own combinations I respect start pissing all over my style and asking to ban it, just beacuse me and a few others are good at it. I would never come running to the devs, asking to ban keyboarder loopies, and thenewrage owns me a damn lot..

Last edited by Snail; 01-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 AM

YAY new update just came out!

waitign for the thread to open..
Old 01-21-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
...and there are VERY few people actually using the method, since it is not exactly easy to learn. I am not saying keyboard is easy, I would crash with it in no time.. But almost noone I ever met in the game uses full-mouse, and also the top players are not all mouse users, not even close.

so, if mouse is so imba, why are there so few people doing it? and why cant you leave us the hell alone?
The simplest and probably most common reason there are not a lot of mouse+kb/mouse only users is because the largest part of the player base - the vets, began playing Altitude way before mouse capabilities were even thought of. Once you clock in a couple hundred hours (as you well know), it's hard to change. That's pretty much why there are so few mouse users.

Stemming from that, the amount of new players who stick around are so few that there really aren't that many people who start playing with mouse either.

And I kept up with the 'mouse advantage' thread for awhile, and I don't ever recall people raging to ban mouse...all I saw was logical and thought out discussions. Where are you getting all of these RAGE BAN MOUSE ideas from? The only thing we have been asking the devs to do is to balance the various control methods. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by MajorPayne257; 01-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 AM

then why not add optional mousebar with an optional fat crosshair at its end for pure kb players, so they can turn it on and have the "unfair advantages" of the mouse while still playing with keyboard? why try to take away mousing essentials, instead of unlocking the "unfair aiming" part for keyboarders? that would be the perfect solution.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
then why not add optional mousebar with an optional fat crosshair at its end for pure kb players, so they can turn it on and have the "unfair advantages" of the mouse while still playing with keyboard? why try to take away mousing essentials, instead of unlocking the "unfair aiming" part for keyboarders? that would be the perfect solution.
Please do as you have been asked and read the "advantages of mouse control thread", there are several links to it above. This had been discussed and it was decided that it would lower the skill ceiling so much as to make practise and good play almost meaningless.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 AM

Wow I just got back from my trip today and an Altitude update

Finallyyyyy new skins, but I'm a little bit disappointed with the flame skin. In any case, a good update.

I was planning to switch over to learning the mouse+kb for Randa, with the new update let's see how it goes.

I'm now very very very glad the that thermo now affects mouse Randa users. I've looked so ridiculous at times crashing 90 degrees into walls because I use kb, finally some justice.

Mouse will always make Lazer randas more deadly, for this reason I plan to use kb+mouse, but I'll see how easy it is to adopt.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Can we have a credit in the OP for the snow artist? It's impressive!
Main menu -> credits -> Joshua Singh