Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
don't say the n word
Elixir scared me there for a second when he said to karl not to say the "n" word...

Anyways, neutral maps take a while, at least they would take much more time than having a long bomb run flight. What you say about 500~ needing to be closer completely agree with since i have experienced: http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....9&mode=tbd_5v5

From that link the two explodets on my opposing team, Matattack and Goose were dominant through out the entire duration of the game. During that game i played HC + Heavy armor + turbo which basically allowed me to get pushed around while sniping the explodets. But when i return to the base to regroup and advance to the Defending team, the skirmish has to be fought again and won if we ever want to get a bomb hit!
But..... If you look at the ping kicks from our team, Pieface was kicked 2 times and Goose sat! This is where our team started to regain map control and get more hits. Goose was switched back in for a light player, but it was too late plus with the slow heavy team it would take ages before they were in our base.

Sorry for all of the Information up there ^

Last edited by XX1; 03-23-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: ssd
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

none of that was actually statistics though

the only complaint i have with this map is that i get major fps lag, especially in the middle of the map that go away when i turn parallax off. not sure if it's that weird billions of pixels bug that happened earlier or if it's just cuz there's so many layers.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:30 AM

The only 3 things i can point...
- i agree it is too open (its horrible to bomber spam ) and few pixels shorter in width would be positive
- it also looks to me that colidable outlines aren't correctky defined at the exterior limit of the rocks. Although i haven't looked at it at the editor i've already passed almost half plane (height) inside one or 2 rocks without coliding with them
- ive already crashed into "volcano's mouth" due to doubtfull definition of the colidable limit
Love the map.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 AM

Played this map enough to make an opinion now - very well done, imo it plays really well.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 AM

It's one to stay.. only comment I have is: the team colours.

Red agains a (yellow)brown background is less clear than blue team.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inofaith View Post
It's one to stay.. only comment I have is: the team colours.

Red agains a (yellow)brown background is less clear than blue team.
teams are yellow and azure
Old 03-24-2011, 07:32 AM

Oh I thought I switched colorbl off.

But then yellow is pretty similar to the bg.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 AM

no doubt i agree

the colors as they are fit in and are very pretty, but i think they should stand out on the map, not blend in D:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
no doubt i agree

the colors as they are fit in and are very pretty, but i think they should stand out on the map, not blend in D:
:atmosphere:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM

After playing it...

-It's too long. Sure, this makes for some fun snipewars, but actually running the bomb is outright painful.
-The item placement feels a little off, as elixir noted in his post.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Pretty nice map

Could you please make the plane colours distinct (blue and red) works fine instead of Yellow & update this for both ball and tbd versions of this map??
Old 04-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

You can reverse bomb on this map (i.e. go through the left and right wall with a randa and then bomb the opponents base)
Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
You can reverse bomb on this map (i.e. go through the left and right wall with a randa and then bomb the opponents base)
Bumping for fix.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Another bump for a fix.

I have absolutely no clue how it is possible to go from 1 side to the other side on volcano with a miranda. Haven't been able to replicate it but its ruining the gameplay on that map imo.

I tried editing the map but if you don't know how it works its rather difficult to understand how to remove it.

I kinda like the map, but if i can't get the 'hack' out of it i'm gonna take it out of rotation. Would be a shame.

Anyone with some decent knowledge of how the editor works that can explain me how this works? How is it possible to teleport through a wall that you can't fly through? Is this a bug in the game? Or is it really just this map that allows?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukosevato View Post
Another bump for a fix.

I have absolutely no clue how it is possible to go from 1 side to the other side on volcano with a miranda. Haven't been able to replicate it but its ruining the gameplay on that map imo.

I tried editing the map but if you don't know how it works its rather difficult to understand how to remove it.

I kinda like the map, but if i can't get the 'hack' out of it i'm gonna take it out of rotation. Would be a shame.

Anyone with some decent knowledge of how the editor works that can explain me how this works? How is it possible to teleport through a wall that you can't fly through? Is this a bug in the game? Or is it really just this map that allows?
You could try to add a wall in the editor, that way the sides won't be exposed for people to abuse. Make sure the turrets get moved over so the wall won't overlap them in the alti editor.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:13 AM

Well as far as i know there is already a wall. You can't fly through it with a regular plane. But i'm guessing you can glitch through them with a miranda. So maybe make the walls thicker? Since atm they are really small. (already opened them with the editor, and if you compare them to other maps the walls are like 1 pixel wide while normal walls are usually 10 pixels or so. So i'm guessing if you make them thicker you can't glitch through them?)
Old 09-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukosevato View Post
Well as far as i know there is already a wall. You can't fly through it with a regular plane. But i'm guessing you can glitch through them with a miranda. So maybe make the walls thicker? Since atm they are really small. (already opened them with the editor, and if you compare them to other maps the walls are like 1 pixel wide while normal walls are usually 10 pixels or so. So i'm guessing if you make them thicker you can't glitch through them?)
Yes that was what I meant by making the wall thicker so the map exploit cant be done.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 AM

I editted the map so it can no longer be exploited. No visual changes ingame. But the exploit is gone. A friend of mine was capable of doing the exploit repeatedly with the miranda. But after I editted he could no longer do it. (I added a couple of walls outside of the map where the exploit was possible. They are not visible ingame. The map file became 2 kb bigger due to this. But the glitch is fixed with it)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rla38a64b3b0j2c

ball_newvolcano.altx

If you want it put it in rotation under the name of the regular volcano then you can't do this. Altitude will change the modded file for the old one. And if you make the new one read only so it can't change it, it will refuse to start.

My solution is naming it ball_voIcano

So with a capital i

You won't see the difference and it works.

Last edited by sukosevato; 09-16-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 AM

Lava should be active and dammage planes while the smoke should be in front of planes so you can't see them, like clouds are only more cover!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
Please fix this. You can still do the wrap-around glitch in TBD.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winters Ark View Post
Please fix this. You can still do the wrap-around glitch in TBD.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rla38a64b3b0j2c -Fixed.
Read Sukosevato's post above....sigh