Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:27 AM

Default Transferring account.

I'll explain a little about the context in which I'm asking what follows:

Around midnight, last night, my computer crashed and gave me a blue screen of death (the OS I'm running is completely irrelevant), I followed up and restarted my computer in order to investigate what was going on. At first I suspected that the problem came from a torrent I started to download as the event occurred soon after I opened such torrent file. Therefore, I deleted the torrent which was still downloading and all other torrents I had downloaded previously. Not to my surprise, the issue wasn't solved there. I then inspected the task manager for any anomalies on any process, soon to notice that the Steam client was eating up 70% of my processor's usage and around 50% of the RAM, dropping my system's performance heavily. Soon after, I noticed that at some point, I had lost connection to my home's Wi-fi. Growing rapidly suspicious about Steam being the one who had caused so much trouble, I killed the process and who would have thought, I immediately regained internet connection and my computer was running as smooth as always. All this led to me uninstalling Steam, with no hopes of re-installing any time soon to prevent any further issues and also leaving me with no access to Altitude but with one only option (I think).

Considering the last sentence, I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow access my Altitude account that used Steam credentials through the standalone version of the game. I've already tried using the e-mail and password from my Steam account but it proved no good.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 AM

Personally I would investigate Steam a bit more, no reason it should ever use up much CPU or RAM. Sometimes it can slow internet down if updating games, but that should be it. Worst case if it somehow is Steam I'm sure they would issue an update very quickly to fix the problem. I'm constantly having to restart Steam to update.

At the very least I would have tried reinstalling Steam once. Also could possibly related to a virus and/or hardware issue.

If you will be playing ladder on another account let me know and I will change the vapor ID registered to you so your rating, etc will work on the standalone account. Preferably do this before playing any ladder games on another account.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN1SH1NG View Post
Personally I would investigate Steam a bit more, no reason it should ever use up much CPU or RAM. Sometimes it can slow internet down if updating games, but that should be it. Worst case if it somehow is Steam I'm sure they would issue an update very quickly to fix the problem. I'm constantly having to restart Steam to update.

At the very least I would have tried reinstalling Steam once. Also could possibly related to a virus and/or hardware issue.

If you will be playing ladder on another account let me know and I will change the vapor ID registered to you so your rating, etc will work on the standalone account. Preferably do this before playing any ladder games on another account.
I was planning on asking you about doing so with my ladder data, but at first I was willing to see if there was another way to get my all my Steam account's data onto my smurf account. About the virus thing, I also thought about that, but a virus doing its work through Steam? Highly unlikely. I did eventually scan my whole computer for any virus and malware and what my antivirus found was at most some unwanted adware categorized as a medium threat.

I guess I'll give Steam another try but I'm still afraid of getting as much trouble as before.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 AM

I installed Steam again just a while ago and it's working fine so far, although at first I wasn't able to log in until I set the launch option -tcp for the .exe. Perhaps the old installation became corrupted somehow and I wouldn't really be surprised now since I had been having several minor issues for some time now, specifically when trying to edit my profile. I'll be keeping an eye out in case the issue really is virus-related and though it seems I won't be needing any data transferred anymore, I appreciate very much your willingness to help.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM

Sorry. I just have to say I'm impressed, Slender. Your English is superb. You have a fluent and strong command of the language, with proficient mastery in writing.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 AM

I'm confused. Sarcasm? Or is Slender from China or Denmark or someplace?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juin View Post
Sorry. I just have to say I'm impressed, Slender. Your English is superb. You have a fluent and strong command of the language, with proficient mastery in writing.
I'm glad you noticed, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango777 View Post
I'm confused. Sarcasm? Or is Slender from China or Denmark or someplace?
Mexico.