Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:14 PM

Default SL 13 Fantasy League

SL 13 FANTASY LEAGUE IS LIVE FOR WEEK 3.

There is only about 20 minutes to create a lineup this week so your chances of winning are extremely high. Probably no more than a few players will create a week 3 lineup. You can ONLY create lineups on ranked (ladder) servers this week, but next week you can also do so on league servers. I am being cautious this week to make sure there are no bugs that would crash the server.

Go to https://planeball.com/fantasy/ for more information. Instructions are a bit limited this week due to lack of time, but ask me in game for help creating your lineup. LINEUPS LOCK AS SOON AS FIRST SL MATCH BEGINS

Original post ...

There will be a fantasy league for SkyLeague season 13 with CP awarded. Due to lack of time I was planning to run it on a website that does custom fantasy leagues. I am finding more and more limitations with running it there, so I think I have no choice but to quickly build a fantasy system into ladder.

Due to the switch and also wanting to base player salaries on SL13 data, you will not create lineups until week 2. Additionally you will not be able to draft players who have not played at all in SL yet. This is to get at least a weeks worth of data to generate a salary. You will build new lineups every week during the regular season. Each player will have a salary based on the average fantasy points they get per week. Your lineup must stay under the salary cap.

The only disadvantage of making a fast built-in fantasy system is there will be no web interface to build lineups this season. However, I will build fantasy pages into planeball.com giving you all the info needed on stats, fantasy points, salaries, etc to build your team as well as fantasy leaderboards.

Building your team will be done with in-game commands. Likely there will be "/clan draft" to add a player to lineup, "/clan undraft" to remove, and "/clan lineup" to view info on your current lineup. There likely will also be an autodraft command if you forget to build a team in advance and need to select one last minute. Auto draft would pick a random lineup close to the salary limit. You can use the auto draft multiple times if you don't like the lineups generated or start with an auto drafted team and swap a player or two.

See the SL13 registration thread for previous discussion. I will try to have everything ready by the middle of next week. If you have any suggestions post them soon. This thread will be updated as more details on the fantasy league are ready. The discord announcement in ladder will also be replaced with news regarding the fantasy league.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-06-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:38 PM

Don't use /clan as the command, we already have that for clan stuff.
Use /FL instead.

-J
Old 02-26-2016, 12:27 AM

Of course running out of time to get this done as I have been busy. Really wanted to be wrapping this up at least by now as I have a lot going on between now and Sunday. Big outdoor hockey games here tomorrow & Saturday (NHL Stadium Series - Avalanche vs Red Wings).

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 02-28-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 AM

As much as I hate to cut the fantasy league down to a likely 5 weeks, it will not start today. I'm probably only about 3-4 hours away from finishing the code, but then I still have to type up instructions etc on top of that.

It could be finished if I stayed up most of the night, but it seems rather pointless anyway to launch it with only a couple hours before this week's lineups have to be locked. I think at least a few days should be given so people can figure out how it works, have a little time to look at stats, and build their lineup.

As the code is nearly ready, this will definitely be live early in the week. A little extra time may help in figuring out ways to better prevent clans from abusing by stat padding players they have picked for their fantasy lineups
Old 03-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Fantasy SL is finally functional.. See original post for more information.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:18 AM

Congrats to ssd on having the highest scoring lineup in SL13 Week 3 and winning 100cp (awarded at end of the season). ssd's winning lineup included Cracker, Sanis, DVD, funnyhell, ufo, and Aki.

13 players submitted valid lineups. Two players submitted incomplete lineups that can't be counted (neither beat SSD anyway). You must submit a lineup with exactly 6 players.

Here are the scores for the 13 lineups submitted:

ssd: 108.10
Walt: 98.43
Apathy: 85.12
AngryIrish: 96.46
Dancingfatman: 94.49
slender: 93.73
Number3: 89.49
balln: 85.21
Soneji: 82.56
StygMa: 82.15
Riy: 78.09
Sanis: 74.85
Jonus: 74.63

There will be a page with results including everyone's lineup, but that is not ready yet. You can view player stats for this week at https://planeball.com/fantasy/skyleague/s13/w3/. This page lists rounds separately, so if a player played in both rounds they will be listed twice.

I am still trying to finalize how cp will be awarded. The plan as of now is 100cp to the highest scoring lineup selected each week through the end of the season. Although it shouldn't be a problem if enough players submit lineups for the rest of the season, there likely will be limits on how much cp you can win. It might be you can only win 100cp once and any additional wins are worth 50cp or there might be a limit to 2 wins for 100cp total. Additionally if a previous winner wins, the 2nd place (or highest player who has not won yet) will likely get 100cp. Although in my forum poll I suggested 100cp per week + 100cp for highest total at the end of the season, I am expecting to not do the season total award.

Again this is just how I am thinking right now and nothing is final. If you have any feedback on cp awards post here.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:04 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

what was the mathematically best possible lineup under salary cap rules?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:21 PM

https://planeball.com/fantasy/skyleague/s13/w3/

Could this page list the salary for that player for that week (as I assume salaries update each week) and the rank that player was that week?

Edit: That page has people listed multiple times. Did you just take the top score or the average ((Game1+Game2)/2)?
Edit: How were players with zero salaries treated? Are they invalid selections?
Edit: When averaged, the highest score I saw was 7 points. With SSD's team averaging 18 points, it looks like Game1+Game2 is the score assigned to a player without care if they played in both matches.

Last edited by Aki1024; 03-07-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:15 AM

Fantasy pages updated with more information about how everything works. I have decided to allow players to win unlimited times, but the full 100cp is only awarded on the first win. Additional wins are 50cp. When a previous winner has the best lineup, the best lineup from all players who have not yet won in the season will get 100cp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
what was the mathematically best possible lineup under salary cap rules?
No idea.. would have to write a script to calculate. I imagine even with a script that would have to run for awhile. Instead I will try to provide information each week on which players did best relative to their current salary or average FPPR.

You should be able to get a good idea what the best lineup would have been using that data. Most likely this will not be done until next week, so you will have to go without this data while drafting week 4 lineups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
Could this page list the salary for that player for that week (as I assume salaries update each week) and the rank that player was that week?

Edit: That page has people listed multiple times. Did you just take the top score or the average ((Game1+Game2)/2)?
Edit: How were players with zero salaries treated? Are they invalid selections?
Edit: When averaged, the highest score I saw was 7 points. With SSD's team averaging 18 points, it looks like Game1+Game2 is the score assigned to a player without care if they played in both matches.
The fantasy section of the website was rushed together and needs to be improved. I just added more information about how the fantasy league works. However, I have not had time to improve the stat pages yet.

Currently the stats pages list each round a player plays separately. The scores for both rounds are added together to determine how many points that player scored for the week. When a player does not play in a round, they get 2/3 of their previous FPPR average. This is because it is unreasonable to expect players to know who will play each week. 2/3 will often hurt but the penalty does not necessarily prevent an otherwise great lineup from winning.

The minimum base salary is $2,000. Salaries are adjusted based on strength of schedule so they can dip slightly under that. A player will never have a salary of zero. If they have played in at least two rounds, stats from those rounds have been used to generate a salary. Players who have not played two rounds do not have any salary yet and are not eligible to be drafted.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-12-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 AM

Lineup scores have been added to the website for both this week and last week. Lineups for next week will be draftable as soon as I restart the parser (Monday).
Old 03-14-2016, 04:00 AM

What's going on here?

Some kind of error?
Old 03-14-2016, 04:39 AM

In both cases the player spawned once and died quickly. When calculating stats per 10 minutes that can happen. I'm guessing they were either a sub who accidentally spawned or spawned once at beginning and was lagging too badly to play.

But for fantasy purposes these are ignored (minimum 3 minutes played). I guess I should filter stats that won't count for fantasy out of the data on that page.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-14-2016 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:02 AM

Quick note regarding the fantasy portion of the website... You can now view who has drafted (or at least started drafting) a lineup for an upcoming week. The actual lineups will be visible as soon as SL starts and lineup changes can no longer be made. This is currently a manual switch so remind me if I forget to update the site after the first match begins.

The link to the current week's lineups is in the lineup results section at https://planeball.com/fantasy/
Old 03-20-2016, 09:33 PM

Fantasy lineups for week 6 may not be draftable for a few days. I will have to think about what to do with salaries, etc and update the scripts to work around games being rescheduled.

Week 5 results will have to wait for the rescheduled games to be played. If any games are forfeited I expect to give winning team players scores equal to their fantasy points per round averages and the losing team 2/3's their average value.

If you drafted TBG players for week 5 and want to swap with any other TBG players between now and when TBG plays their rescheduled matches:

Let me know by either posting in this thread or PMing me. Of course you must remain under the salary cap. Players for other clans can no longer be changed since all other clans played at least one round already.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-20-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:26 AM

Week 6 fantasy lineups can be drafted now. Week 5 results as they are now are listed at planeball.com. A lot of points W5 points are still up for grabs with 3 matches rescheduled.

I reduced the TBG salary penalty some for week 6 because I am worried about forfeits. This means players going against TBG may be better values for this week if TBG does play.

IMPORTANT: With week 6 currently scheduled for Easter Sunday one possible scenario could cause week 6 lineups to be wiped. If week 6 gets postponed and no matches are played but some clans show up to play week 5 matches, I will re-run the data to get updated fp averages and salaries. This will cause any already drafted week 6 lineups to be wiped.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-23-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:58 AM

Sorry for getting this done late. Week 6 lineup results are now on planeball.com as well as the salaries for week 7. You can now draft lineups for week 7.

Week 5 lineup scores have been updated, but there is no winner yet as the c: vs TBG match still needs to be played.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:58 PM

According to what I posted earlier J will get 50cp for winning a second week and runner up fart will get 100cp for week 7. I may change points awarded for repeat winners next season. Mostly I do not want one person to be able to win over and over again and get most of the cp if they were good at fantasy and not many players participated.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN1SH1NG View Post
According to what I posted earlier J will get 50cp for winning a second week and runner up fart will get 100cp for week 7. I may change points awarded for repeat winners next season. Mostly I do not want one person to be able to win over and over again and get most of the cp if they were good at fantasy and not many players participated.
sorry van, i will play next week!

thanks

donno
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 PM

I would like to donate my 100cp prize to whomever got 3rd place, as I have all the skins already. It is enough to know that my fantasies are second best after J's
Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 AM

Any idea when the CP will be delivered?
Old 05-24-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Any idea when the CP will be delivered?
bump.chars
Old 05-24-2016, 08:34 PM

Sorry, I will forward the list to lamster now so he can add the cp.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:53 PM

The CP to the winners (and Caz - donated from Fart who did not need CP) should be in your account as of yesterday.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:15 AM

Thank you good sir