Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:59 AM

Default tbd_coop_ace

This is my followup to ball_coop_jack of all trades. It uses Alti+'s door/keys mechanism. There are 5 keys at the end of runs which are designed for each plane. After all 5 are collected, the door to the right of spawn is opened and you can get the bombs. The bombs should be dropped down the long bomb shaft because it is faster than flying them down.

I hope you like it. All criticism welcome to make it better.

It is now available on Coop+ for play.

Link (this map requires an alti+server to funciton properly):
https://github.com/biell/alti-maps/r..._coop_ace.altx

Screenshot:
Old 12-01-2016, 05:01 PM

I have played this map a few times now and it is really fun great job. One thing I thought of that might make it even better would be if the server told you what keys remain to be found. I know it tells you when a key is found, but sometimes I forget and waste time going down a path to an already found key.

e.g. I find the Explodet key and the server would say "Loquacious Bum unlocked the Explodet key. Keys still to find: Bomber, Miranda, Biplane" or something like that. It would be helpful so that I know which plane to spawn as next. I think this would be fairly easy to implement. Either way, keep up the great work!

Last edited by Loquacious Bum; 12-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquacious Bum View Post
I have played this map a few times now and it is really fun great job. One thing I thought of that might make it even better would be if the server told you what keys remain to be found. I know it tells you when a key is found, but sometimes I forget and waste time going down a path to an already found key.
Done, the server will now tell you which keys remain. Other ways to find out, in case you forget are to try to go through the door, it will tell you what is missing. And, you can always run "/list doors" to find out what doors are on the map, what keys there are, and what is found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquacious Bum View Post
e.g. I find the Explodet key and the server would say "Loquacious Bum unlocked the Explodet key. Keys still to find: Bomber, Miranda, Biplane" or something like that. It would be helpful so that I know which plane to spawn as next. I think this would be fairly easy to implement. Either way, keep up the great work!
That second part is a little harder. There is no pre-defined order. I think since the keys are named after the planes, you should be able to pick which one you would like to do next.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:51 AM

Thanks biell, you're a doll :D