Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Default Problem with the map editor

I've been working on a level for a few days now, and all of a sudden when I go to do a test run of the level, the bases, turrets, and anything new won't show up. The bases and turrets used to show up, and I was able to see a polygon that I recently added only an hour ago. But then I added another polygon, and all of a sudden I can't see it, the other new polygon, or the bases and turrets.

It's not the first time it happened to me. I was doing another map, just messing around and not putting much effort into it, so when I encountered the bug I just gave up on it. But this current map I've been working on for a few days, so I'd like to get it fixed.

I considered that maybe there were too many polygons or too many textures, so I deleted the newest polygon and its texture, basically reverting back to a stage in the map where everything worked perfectly. But it's still broken.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Upload a zip of the editable level directory and I promise to fix the level and the underlying editor bug.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 PM

It's too big to upload to this board. I uploaded it to here.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

cute level. makes me want to support turning any user generated geometry into a base so you could have an aircraft carrier .

Anyways lams is going to try to fix this in the code. Work around is to read the log file ("C:\Program Files\Altitude\log\Editor.log") and you would have seen:
Code:
ERROR : WARNING: texturedPoly size is 0
So then you would have to open up seabattle.level in notepad (or preferably and XML editor) and searched for
Code:
hull=""
by doing that you would have found the following starting on line 300 and ending on line 308. Simple delete this geometry tag and it will be fixed.

Code:
<geometry layer="1" x="1781" y="1025" orientation="0.0" visible="true" collidable="true" elasticity="0.125" damageModifier="1.0">
   <texturedPoly hull="">
        <texture>
           <xform scale="1.0" rotate="0.0" flipX="false" flipY="false">
              <translate x="-1781.0" y="-1025.0" />
           </xform>
        </texture>
   </texturedPoly>
</geometry>
Old 07-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Yeah -- what karl said should fix you up.

Next patch should auto-detect and resolve all broken polys of this sort. Let me know if you run into similar problems after I push the next update.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Thanks, that fixed it.

So it just means that I somehow created a polygon without any size (basically a line segment)?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Probably actually a poly with 0 or 1 points; most likely a bug with the undo buffer including states with half-formed objects, allowing you to undo -> save a level with 0-point polys. At any rate it should be fixed in the future.