Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default UI Preferences

I realize Dio has a similar thread in suggestions, but I figure this one will be more for discussing the various UI's Lam has tried, while that one is more for suggesting new and innovative UI features. Maybe some more concrete feedback on it will help Lam/Karl get a finalized UI in.

So far I think we've seen health/energy/throttle in just about every corner of the screen and every patch theres a few people who like it and a few who don't.

Which UI setup does everyone prefer?

I still think a customizable UI would be the ideal, but aside from that: I'm a fan of plane vitals in the top right with the kill log in the top left. I believe this was the original implementation, though its hard to remember anymore.

EDIT: Original implementation in new-altitude, not original original.

Last edited by Snowsickle; 07-30-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator

In the original, the bars were spread across the screen...

EDIT: So far, I prefer the bars on the top at either side. I guess if I have to pick, I'll say the left just because I think more games do it that way. When they're on the bottom, the kill text keeps getting obscured by terrain. On the top, it's more likely to have light colored sky as a background, so it stands out more.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:20 AM

What about having a section of the screen cornered off just for information like this? Something like Wolfenstein/Doom where there's a tab on the bottom just for **** like HP/ammo/etc. Was always kind of annoying to read text when it's all ****ed up by the background.

If not, I'm with Dio. Top provides much less visibility issues than bottom. It'd also be nice if there was a kill log of sorts, where we could hit a button and it'd display the last 10 or so kills or something... kind of like how the text box works, you only see the latest **** but if you hit enter to type it'll show the last few lines/scroll.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM

yeah top seems like the obvious choice.