Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default ***The Altitude Introduction and Welcome Thread***

This thread is a place for everyone to post a big "hello!" to the community and give a little introduction about themselves. You are welcome to write a little about yourself such as where in the world you play from, interesting facts about yourself, what planes you like to fly in the game, etc.

Please make sure that whatever you post follow the forum guidelines.

They can be found at: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304

This means do not post personally identifying information on the forums. You are welcome to post your first name and country, but DO NOT post your last name, email address, phone number, street address or anything else that could be used to further identify yourself.

Also, DO NOT FLAME IN THIS THREAD. If someone posts something and you make fun of it, you will get an infraction and the post will be deleted.

So Welcome to the Forums and keep flying those friendly (or not so friendly) skies!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I am gonna go first.

Hi, my name is Nick and I play under the name of Maimer in game. The name Maimer actually was derived from an old joke on my server when I played WoW (World of Warcaft). I have since quit playing WoW (about a year and a half now I have been WoW sober) and I know that everyone out there who has played WoW and quit knows what an accomplishment that is!

I hail from the area of Boston, MA in the good old US of A but I plan on moving to sunny California (just as soon as Lamster/Karl agree to put me on the payroll for Nimbly Games).

I created a lot of the maps in the game including Middleground, Core, Mayhem, Woods, Locomotion and all of their derivative Free for All and Ball modes. Just think, when I first started playing Altitude there were only 3 maps to choose from: Cave, Lost City, and Hills! I sometime miss those epic Hills games. I am still an avid map maker and I am constantly looking for new ideas and to push the limits of the game to keep it interesting. If you have any questions about making maps or need any advice, don't hesitate to ask!

I was also the first player in the game to hit 1 million experience points but my title of reigning experience king has fallen (I am sure much very far down the list). I also used to be the "laser king," and deep down inside I know that the laser was nerfed solely on my godly ability at destroying any and all challengers.

Well that's enough for now. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 PM

Hi everybody!

inb4 Hi Dr.Nick!

Ahem. I'm sure you all know me alraedy. Been playing since Beta and I still play pretty much every day. If you've seen a guy bitching about lag every 10 seconds that was me. My name is David, I'm 18 and I'm from Portugal. Unfortunately I can't afford the full game so I'm stuck as a (great :P) demo loopy. Still, that doesn't stop me form being ambitious. I got nearly 1 million EXP and over 40,000 kills with my Loopy. And I wanna clear the bad reputation loopies have as the "hold F" plane.

Last edited by DMCM; 10-14-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 PM

It seems like my idea (possibly) was created by the infamous Maimer.

Greetings, I'm Sophie. My in-game name being Loli-Suffix (suffix meaning something that comes after the prefix, in this case Loli). The name was given as a nickname between my friends from naming each other from the site which should not be named, Anon is a residence there.

I started playing Altitude after some of my friends picked it up and said it was fantastic. I was peer pressured into trying it, and in the end I thought it was rather fun. I was a lone demo loopy, who would spam like the rest of them (and bomb a good one every once and a while.) I heard one time from Gameguard, if you were a good demo, when you get the full version, you will still be good. So after looking for clans as a demo, no one would accept me. I then bought the full game, and played the Explodet. I wasn't quite happy with some of the "Whales" that were being played at the time. So I wanted to play differently. A different kind of Whale...maybe a panda. I slowly learned how to use the Explodet as well as all of it's tools. But because I only know how to use that plane, I am average at best with any other plane. Unless bombing with a loopy.

tl:dr? I'm well known as a Whale.

Sorry for the wall of text. Nice to meet you.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

I'm dennis, aka evil arsenal...

evil arsenal was a name that i created back in the old version of altitude so i still use it today and in other games

I run altitude proleague because i love competition and i hope everyone enjoys a good season ^-^

i live in ny, however i go to school in bentley college, waltham (right outside of boston) and i plan in majoring in corporate finance and accounting, i play soccer alot

im 18, i play counterstrike source very comptetively, and even though i've started to play this game since 6 years ago, i only have 160k xp lol
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 PM

(before you read this, go find La Marseillaise and put it on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vVZiDVhbQ
It's playing ? Ok, go ahead and read the rest now.)

Hi, I'm Tyr, and I'm French. Hell yeah!

If you take a look at a map of France and look at the southwestern part, you'll see Bordeaux. I live there. You've probably heard about Bordeaux wines which are extremely famous. It's an absolutely beautiful city as well so if you ever come to France, go visit it.

As for myself well .. I'm 21 now and I'm a student. There's not much more I can say, I think ...

I have this nickname Tyr for ever. I believe I was still playing CS in 2001/2002 when I first came with it, since then it hasn't changed.
Yeah, I played CS, I also played WoW (only stopped that about two months ago), Starcraft (I still play that), and many more online games.
Currently I'm only playing Altitude and EVE Online (well, and Starcraft sometimes of course).
Oh and of course Touhou. Along with Loli, we're the two biggest (only?) Touhou fans of Altitude.

Talking about Starcraft, this is where I first find out about Altitude, on a community site that has now become quite famous in the Altitude community : TeamLiquid.
Chobopeon wrote something about this game in April 2009 (it was still the beta then) and I was one among many to go check it out, and since then, I'm hooked.

I was getting destroyed a lot by a player named Pillars when I first started. He used a recoilless biplane setup, so when I finally was able to use it, I didn't stop, and this is still my favorite plane right now. Some might even say I'm one of the best at using it.

Oh also, I'm the founder of the oldest active Altitude team, Air Force ACE, and I'm in perpetual rivalry with Kuja900, who is the founder of the second oldest, since our teams were first created back in April.

Alright, I think I've said enough ... Thanks for reading this and see you in game!

(Yay, you can cut the music now!)

Last edited by nesnl; 10-14-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:37 PM

My name is Dennis, I'm 13 years old, (I'm not one of those immature idiots running around talking about sexual relations with your mom), and I live in Colorado. My best plane is explodet, although I am proficient with all of the others. My name comes from The Simpsons, where Bart prank calls Moe and asks for a man named Jacques Strap (Jock strap). I first found out about Altitude on the Apple website. Now I have about 30,000 kills and 850,000 experience.

When I bought the game, I wanted to use lazer miranda so badly because some of the best players in the game kept owning me with it. I tried it and because of my lack of skill at the time, I sucked. I tried explodet next, and I loved it!

I have played for [fLbSS], {bc09}, {SWN}, and have recently joined KLF.

My greatest altitude moment happened a few weeks ago. I was playing on middleground and both teams had almost no base health left. Using the sniplane, I shot the enemy just as he was about to hit my base, took the bomb through the underground tunnel. I climbed up to the enemy's base with reverse thrust and made an epic bomb lob that flew in between two planes and blew up the base, almost exactly how Beagle did in his video.

Last edited by Jacques Strap; 12-04-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:54 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Combat, and I found altitude right after the beta ended, up on the Apple website as a "top download" so I figured I had to try it out... Days later, I was hooked.

I'm 15 and I live in Texas, the nickname comes from the game "Ace Combat" which is a really cool game I might add. I shared Altitude with my friends from school, at first the responses were "looks stupid" then a couple days later... You know how Altitude works!

Since I stuck with the demo for a while before buying the game, I was quite the proficient loopy. Of course I love all the planes but who wants to fart mines when there are tracking missiles to be had??

Rock on Nimbly Games,
combat
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 PM

Hi, my name is Chipmunk/Jonathan/Jonny/Jono or anything that is in the Jon section.

I run a clan with my friend WillowEsp called =CIWT= which means Chipmunk in Willow tree.
and im sort known for being the most annoyingest person on altitude.
:

Last edited by Chipmunk; 10-15-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hey folks, I'm GGQ and I'm from Canada, the Land of the Chill.

The nickname is derived from my initials, though it's slightly more complicated than simple abbreviation. I'm complex, like onions and cakes.

I'm twenty-two now (but I won't be for long!) and studying up some English at university. If you have a favourite book, pm it to me and I'll get around to reading it ASAP.

My gaming life has been long and distinguished. I was content with being the most skilled gamer among my family and friends until I discovered the existence of internet games, and have since been resigned to mediocrity. I've played most of the well-known or significant games, including WoW (MORE DOTS!), and was led to Altitude by chobopeon's thread on TLnet. I downloaded the game one morning, and played for 9 straight hours, skipping all my classes. I was fascinated most by the idea of bomb-running, and that was what I focused on, deciding rapidly that Turbo-Flexi-Biplane was the ideal setup for it. Luckily for me, I was one of the first TLers to do so, and Tyr picked me up as bomb-runner for his new ACE team. It's been fun to wear the tag of such a strong team, though it's a little embarrassing when I fail in especially extraordinary ways.

That should be enough. I'll see you all in the skies!

Last edited by GGQ; 10-15-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: more infos!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 AM

Well hi guys. I posted my intro in the General Discussion Section of the forum earlier.
I apologize for that
For all of you who know me and like me or get along with me, hi!
For those of you who don't know me or hate me, hi!

~MGB
Old 10-15-2009, 06:39 AM

Hi, my name is Stormich and I hail from Croatia.
My name is derived by adding the suffix ich, read the English way, it's used in Croatia to signify something small hence the name means little storm.
I'm 22 and besides Altitude and following professional SC I really don't do much of anything. I'm trying to pick up some online poker skills.
As for Altitude I'm a bit above average with all planes except loopy (which I hate and suck at it)

Last edited by Stormich; 10-15-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Since Tyr had theme music, I'm going to have theme music too, regardless of it being too long for what I'm going to write!

Hello, I'm John. I just turned 19. There are three things I'm known for.

1. I'm Australian.
2. I fly backwards.
3. I usually ping around 250.

People will either compliment me, or chastise me for these things, or perhaps both at once, or perhaps one for one thing and something different for another, or perhaps they won't care at all. I get a lot of credit from players here but if you ask me my aim has been off since I took a break from playing for a while.

I also like using images in my posts to multiply my wit and humour, but people get mad at me for it so I don't do it very often anymore.

I run a team named Mile High, a team which seems to be a drama magnet as it has its fair share of trouble on a regular basis. Because of this, despite the team being middle-aged, its had very little actual league experience. True to form, we've had people drop out of our team and other such nonsense mere days before this new league starts, but I'm determined for the team to persevere so that we can all enjoy the matches this season. How far we get remains to be seen - I'm happy to use it as a learning experience seeing as they'll be our first games as a team.

Lastly, the name - one of the first games I played online and therefore needed a handle for was old Counterstrike. I liked dogs, I always played CT, somehow I made the connection with Beagles being sniffer/anti-drug/bomb squad dogs, and the rest is history. That story sounds about right, but to be honest I've had the nick so long and so consistently that its creation is a distant memory.

Oh, and if you're not a great fan of reading, you could've saved yourself all the trouble by just watching this.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Heyo!

I'm Mike - as you could probably guess from my name. I got this name by my parents 22 years or so ago. It's actually rather boring of a name as it's so freaking common - but I enjoy reserving the name mikesol on every website I find ever since I got beat out on one website and had to resort to mikesol314.

I used to play WoW and was a high warlord back in the good ol' days of having to play 12 hours a day for a few months to get there. In fact, I mostly leveled up playing battlegrounds (back when you earned experience from it). Of course that was many years ago when I wasn't doing anything worthwhile with my life. Now I'm in college getting a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and Cognitive Science. I hope to continue on and get a Ph.D in Computer Science in my attempt to avoid reality for many more years. Because of this, I don't have the same amount of time to devote to video games - nor do I really want to either. I'm content with playing only this game as of late. It's easy to just call it quits for the day and I don't have to go on 5 hour raids and then wipe because of stupid people.

Typically you will find me in the time anchor miranda teleporting around the map frustrating everyone. People find this very obnoxious but I still haven't mastered the art of not running into walls. I hope to achieve this feat sometime in the upcoming months because I feel it would drastically improve my game play. I started off as an annoying bomber that spammed choke points (but man I was good at that). As a dare sometime told me to give time anchor, flexi wing, reverse thrust miranda a shot. I did and actually liked it. Since then I've been pushing the miranda to its limit (much to many people's dismay). Recently I've taken up actually trying to kill people with it. I have over 1 million experience with a significant number of kills in each plane (7k loopy, 16k bomber, 8k explodet, 2.5k biplane, 10k miranda). I enjoy playing other planes but my heart will always be with the miranda. Hopefully you'll see my guide for the plane sometime in the near future

/Rant.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DryBone

"Welcome Aboard" is what they say when the attendant greets you on the plane.
Anyway back to the topic about myself

First to start off, my name in the real world is Justin, quite common you know. Right now my age is 15 but still far away from my birthday 03/03. As most of you guys might know, yes, I'm a Korean(oh, don't get me wrong, I don't hate foreigners) Well, not really Korean but Americanish-Korean. Basically, I was born in Boston and raised in Boston, later after 8 years after being born, I was in Korea. And so on, I still live in Korea, many times visiting America during summer vacation.

The name "DryBone" came to my mind after seeing the name ryebone(from alit) and fonebone(from a comic book called "Bone") I have been using this name for most of the game I play. (such games that are only in Korea )

Well, mostly, you find me go everywhere just to chilling myself or killing people using my favorite plane, the bomber. Sadly I'm still a demo user (so give me one evil. remember the thread "Ok, I'm SICK OF DEMO Players")
Anyway I always go on and hope one day to get the full game but during the meantime, I go and shoot down planes and have fun.
Being an mac user, I lately found this game the best game I ever played and so will in the future.

Well, I guess thats about it.
Cya next time we meet and don't forget that I might come and kill u :P

Last edited by DryBone; 10-15-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I was prepared for the worst, but this thread is pretty good. I am learning about people!

I'm Vi.

I am a freelance composer, which means I sit around at home all day and write music. The current Altitude title music, for example. My work subsists either of getting commissions, or when I'm not busy with those, writing music to submit places. As those of you who have seen my website know, I also do a lot of other crazy ****.

When the brain chaos gets too bad, I like to relax with some Altitude. I also sometimes play while I'm listening to stuff I've been working on, which often leads to the Kamikaze award.

I've been playing for over 6 years. In old altitude, I played random. Now, I have the luxury of full random, and I usually don't notice what perk setup I have until it's too late. Back when everyone thought Remote Mine was a joke, I played that a lot to prove them wrong, so that is now my best plane. I am a fan of reverse thrusting. I am also the Lobstar Captain.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm Colin, born in Boston but living in Long Island, New York since I was young. I have a BA in Mathematics and am currently studying to become an actuary (second test in December.) I'm 23 and have played too many games to count but currently play some Supreme Commander with my brother, some Team Fortress 2 with some friends, occasionally some StarCraft with Zidane and any number of other things when I feel like it.

I'm Esoteric, formerly known as JawaAvenger back in old Altitude. I stuck with that one too long for consistency, but consistency isn't good enough to stay named after a Star Wars character when you're in your 20s.

Back in old altitude I was hands down the best bomber, and certainly in the running for best random. On new altitude I've gone through heavy cannon/heavy armor to heavy cannon/flexi/reverse to explodet to my current explo/bomber with the other planes popping up randomly.

I enjoy all the gametypes, including the often maligned ffa, and was a member of fLb before I went to L* to play with my sister Vi and the other Lobstars.

You'll know I'm in a server with you from random off-screen rockets and calls of esoooo.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to NfoMonkey

hey there, im monkey, you might remember me from such sexual education movies as... wait wrong place wrong line...

to start off, my real name in the suckier world is Martin, i live in a small north european country of Estonia (for you peasants who know nothing about geography its "somewhere in the middle of nowhere important")
not much more to say about me, that many of you already dont know.

also i really like pie and cake-s..

with hugs and kisses, Le Monkey!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM

Hey diddle Hi diddle Ho diddle.

My name is Hunter, but I fly as Hurripilot, or more recently, Hurri'sHonor, Hurri'sGlory, RageHurri, etc. Everybody call me Hurri because that;s what Mastercoop used to call me back in May when we were both Altitude younglings I fly Biplane almost exclusively, and all though I'm still not the best at it, I am improving I currently fly for clan FN, and I was one of its first members. I am also one of only 4 original Ninjas still in the clan today (the others being MacBandit, Uberknarf, and, of course, our fearless leader, Monxy Fist).

I was born and raised in Oakland, California, which is just across the Bay from San Francisco. Currently, I live most of my life in Boston, MA, as I study Guitar Performance at Berklee College of Music. I love listening to a variety of music, including all kinds of Blues and Rock. Someday, I'll go back to the Bay to start my life as the next Eric Clapton
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

I'm Shawn. I like this theme music idea, so I'll post mine too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAgoZXYyRUQ

My biggest claim to Altitude fame is that the game exists because many years ago I was telling Lam about Biplanes, the greatest Intellivision game ever, and he offered to make a PC version. The rest is history. Biplanes footage here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_PDo3V15lY

Anyway, I'm a 30 year old Game Designer living in Berlin, Germany. I haven't worked on anything particularly exciting so far, but I have high hopes for the game we're making at my current job. I'm confident that it'll at least be "pretty good", which is more than I can say about some stuff I've worked on. :P

Game-wise, I play random in non-league games, but my best plane is probably Recoilless Biplane.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 PM

I'm Michael, a 26-year-old family man. I work in finance, web stuff and GIS. My favorite plane is heavy cannon biplane. Like some others here, I've been playing for a few years now.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:11 PM

hi
imma hippo (aka mat)
im 21 in LA getting my bachelors degree in architecture
i dont play many other games but in the past i played FFXI.
in altitude im pretty much only an explodet (and i apologize to those who hate us)
my team is [fLbSS] and i enjoy being on this team very much
Old 10-24-2009, 07:09 PM

Lightbulb Very Nice to meet all of you

Wow, reading about everyone makes me feel very old.
Hi! I'm Wayne, I'm 48 years young and I am addicted to Altitude.
I want to thank all the creators for a really great game.
I live and work in central California and have a daughter in college who is your age!... No she does not need a date! LOL
I apologize for sometimes joining games and leaving right away but my wife of 28 years has threatened to bust my powerbook if I don't quit playing.
Thanks again! I'll see you in the skies.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Hello all,

Im Alex im 24 and i live in good ol merry England and yes we frequently enjoy tea and crumpets but not always together. heehee.

I work as a chef to earn money but my heart lies with classical music hence my alty name.

My heroes are Michael Nyman, Ludovico Einaudi, Mozart and scat man john....naa im kiddin bout the last one.

I am captain of a new team called KLF [Kings Live Forever] we are finding our feet atm but i have confidence that we will grow to be a competitive team.

Don't hesitate to add me as a friend in game or chat...nice to be nice

peace and love
Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 PM

hi altitude people,
mayb you know me as wolf'j'max but i'm not called max in real life. my name is jasper i'm 13 and i live in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
i like basketball and (dunno what it is for english) handball. my favourite music is wide. it sounds idiot maybe but.... i like classic sometimes,then i like jazz or pop. but house nah.

just be nice dont use weird names like adolf hitler and dont say burn like a jew and i'll be nice to you.

mm'kaaayy?

cheers,
wolf

Edit: mabey i should add some more :s.
Ok so i generally play all planes but my best one is explodet. I'm not really good at it but i can stop bombing runs quite easily with my remote mine. (my ratio is only 1.11)
So now you know that what should i add too?? Like: i'm having my birthday in 4 months and i will turn 14 being a 1.80 METERS tall guy??

I actually have this game from i think the month april from the mac website. (aight ther' ain' no goo' gamess fo' mac)
Only altitude.

Thats the end i quit.
Bye guys and have fun.
Wolf.

Last edited by wolf'j'max; 10-25-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:02 AM

My name is matt im 16 go 2 highschool in canada and i play under the name mled for altitude i really enjoy the game and i have only been playing for almost 2 years now i have great fun and even better friends on it I play for the clan KLF and proud of it i really like the people of the alti community and hope they keep up the good work.
i also love football(soccer) and im croatian of origin.
lastly i love to post smiles lol
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadows View Post
Wow, reading about everyone makes me feel very old.
Hi! I'm Wayne, I'm 48 years young and I am addicted to Altitude.
I want to thank all the creators for a really great game.
I live and work in central California and have a daughter in college who is your age!... No she does not need a date! LOL
I apologize for sometimes joining games and leaving right away but my wife of 28 years has threatened to bust my powerbook if I don't quit playing.
Thanks again! I'll see you in the skies.
I know for a fact you're not the oldest player, not that it matters. Great to have you around.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:05 AM

ok my turn...

Hola, my name is Daniel, im 12, i live in Fresno CA,run 24 servers and go by multiple names on Altitude. I work with applescript and started designing useless programs like the shut down.app. Most people say im a troll on the forums and i fully agree with them due to the fact of the number of useless threads and posts i made. i own about 6 websites and my own forums at:
techniciansforums.scfcs.x10hosting.com
I am completely mental and insane and have nothing better to do than ruin peoples lives, dont ask why. Thats about it

Last edited by [J.C.] Technician; 11-02-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Default tgleaf signing off

I LOVE this game.

And that's a problem when you're a 35 year-old teacher with a wife and kid. This game is addicting. So with a heavy heart (not really; it's a video game, but still...) I am signing off for good.

*** edit: that didn't last long.

Altitude is a great game. Well-designed, constantly updated, with a fun, passionate community forming around it. Some of you I will certainly miss. Thank you Palin and Choco especially for your constant humor and lightheartedness. It's a video game, people! Never lose sight of the fact that there is no best clan. Except for {BALL}. No, really, there isn't. And Maimer, what to say? You rock, my friend. All the countless hours you've put into designing and re-working maps is remarkable. Your maps just work. And when they don't, you fix them. This game wouldn't be half as fun without your maps. And half as frustrating without your trick shots. Argh!

So I leave it to arty, gator, and the like to carry the torch. Ball pros, all the way! Just watch out for Kai, O.o and all the rest who are out to get you. Loopy power, baby. And thanks to MOXIE for forming {BALL}. Great idea.

Soapbox #1: If you have played this game for more than 50 hours, please buy it. You may not think it's worth it for the upgrades you'll get, but it should be worth it for the 50+ hours you're played. When I was growing up (in the 1850's), 50 cents couldn't buy you a half hour of arcade games. Not even close. So for 50 cents per half hour, this game is more than worth it. If the math is too challenging, ignore it and just remember that people have worked and continue to work really hard to make this game great. They deserve to get paid for their efforts.

Soapbox #2: Words like gay/faggot, nigger/nigga, chink, and gook have no place in an online game. I've seen them way too often in Altitude. You need to leave those offline. You have every right to say whatever you want in the privacy of your own home/car/whatever, but hateful words like those have a history that makes them very painful. They are extremely offensive, and if you don't realize that or don't understand why, try to learn more before you say/type them again. And if you're a Christian (Deadly Toxin, I'm talking to you), it boggles the mind why you would use them.

Okay, enough.

Peace,
tgleaf

P.S. For the record, here are my stats:

115 hours played
406,750 experience
Loopy kills: 13k; deaths: 13k (I just surpassed a 1.0 ratio and finish with 1.01... lol)
Every other plane: I suck; it's not worth posting (and I didn't play them for more than a few minutes anyway)

Last edited by tgleaf; 12-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

It's unfortunate to see you go tgleaf. Too bad you can't just sign on for a few hours here and there (but I know how it goes and it's hard to control it). It was nice to have you in ball because there are very few people that actually understand the game of ball and the actual strategies to win (and I am not talking about the cheap miranda self-pass move. I am talking REAL strategy). It was you and a few other guys that were actually really fun to play with (whether on the same team or against) and really kept me coming back to the Ball mode in hopes that it would really develop into an even better game as people developed the elite baller skills.

Once I started seeing you do stuff that made me say to myself "hey, he stole my moves!" then I knew that things were really catching on. Sadly, only a small percentage of people seem to really understand the game beyond simply holding the ball until they are dead and so it's unfortunate to see one of the few who actually transcended beyond that level of play leave the game.

Best of luck and always remember this life motto: I'M A BALLER AND A WALLER.

-Maimer
Old 11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Thanks, Maimer. I'm not saying I'll never be back, but I definitely have to call it quits for now. And for the near future. Yeah, I love finding new strategies in ball. Oh well!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 AM

Hi all! My name is David, I grew up in the 80's, and I found out about this game from a Slashdot article about a month ago. I hit level 60 after about 25 hours of game time and then bought the game. I like all the planes, but drift toward Acid Loopy more often than not. I don't play too seriously, and I try really hard not to care about ratio and just go with the flow of the game.

In any case, take care all, and hope to see you in game!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taroud View Post
Hi all! My name is David, I grew up in the 80's, and I found out about this game from a Slashdot article about a month ago. I hit level 60 after about 25 hours of game time and then bought the game. I like all the planes, but drift toward Acid Loopy more often than not. I don't play too seriously, and I try really hard not to care about ratio and just go with the flow of the game.

In any case, take care all, and hope to see you in game!
Haha I made that post(expert altitude plugging). Glad you like the game.

On a slightly related note of interest to pretty much nobody:
I remember way back(03 or 04?) there was a /. story about good level design and I made the comment: "grasslands and cave, nuff said" that was funny to me but only the 10 people that played altitude at the time would get(there was like >500 crappy maps for the old game but only cave and grass were ever played). Lamster saw it with his lurking account though and became my first 'fan' thus i knew my wittiness was not in vain.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonide View Post
Haha I made that post(expert altitude plugging). Glad you like the game.

On a slightly related note of interest to pretty much nobody:
I remember way back(03 or 04?) there was a /. story about good level design and I made the comment: "grasslands and cave, nuff said" that was funny to me but only the 10 people that played altitude at the time would get(there was like >500 crappy maps for the old game but only cave and grass were ever played). Lamster saw it with his lurking account though and became my first 'fan' thus i knew my wittiness was not in vain.

Speaking of which, we need a remake of old cave. In all it's black and white glory. I volunteer maimer to make it.

Anyways since this is the introductions thread and all, I'm Jon and I'm not French, contrary to popular belief.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 AM

Default Myself

Hi im hilary,
I like to play altitude and the game Burning Rubber 2.I didnt find this thread when i first came to these forums but now here i am introducing myself.Altitude seems like a great game and i support it with all my... ummm...addictiveness of this game.I love playing loopy with double fire.I am currently in the clan IB and leading it with true.

Nice pick of altitude to all you new comers,
Haxz
Old 11-27-2009, 06:01 AM

My name is Chris. When I used to play Altitude I would do things like shoot at enemy planes and avoid crashing into walls. When things got hairy I would transfer power to my rear shields and run away.

I've worked as a game designer alongside DiogenesDog, carved a pumpkin with Vi, beaten Lamster at Strifeshadow, shared an apartment with Maimer, and seen Kuja naked IRL.

When I was a wee lad I used to play video games. When I was a slightly older lad I played video games for a living. When I was a young man I worked in the game design industry. I'm now 28 and play poker for a living. In the future, I hope to not play games so much.

Last edited by Pillars; 11-27-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm a 2nd year university student in the UK and probably waste too much time playing whale on altitude. (I love how overpowered it is )

Altitude is my new addiction, although I should also get back to playing poker to pay off my tuition fees. Instead I always find myself dragged onto altitude for a quick session instead of working or doing more useful stuff :P
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 AM

Default {ball} arty

my name is arthur and i must say i love this game. im a 32 year old illustrator who needs to cool off my thrusters and get some more art created.

I did not know the game before the ball option and would not have bought it if it was not there. That is why i am part of {BALL} which i beleve is the first ball clan, but being new i dont really know.

all my ratios suck due to ball and i do not care.

my favorite moment so far happend on the snow board when i got the ball under the oppenents goal and tried to do a wrap around move. I had to shoot it upwards prematurely due to a missle in my cockpit window. some how the ball bounced around up in that cubby area and when i respawned it went in the goal. It is the luckiest shot i have ever seen.(well i did not actually see it)

see you all in the digital atmosphere, and remember just shoot before you die. You might just get lucky!!!

Last edited by arty; 12-14-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Okay, I'm Massimo and no I'm not from Italy.
I am from Oregon and am a Beaver Believer.
I play in game by the name of Black or KIOER.
Right now this is my first real online game but I am hoping to get starcraft soon it seems like everyone here is from starcraft.
I've been playing since whenever it was a top download on the Apple store.
My best plane is an Explodet, but I am now the first ever Rhino not a Whale. I am average at every other plane. Thats all for now.
Oh and...
GO BEAVERS!!!!!!
Tonight is the civil war between the Ducks and the Beavers and whoever wins goes to the Rose Bowl and plays Ohio State. The Ducks are UofO and Beavers are OSU. Second longest rivalry ever. I will update later. Well the beavers lost 37-33 because of one missed tackle on 3rd and 16. No Rose Bowl.
-Massi

Last edited by Massi; 12-04-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:16 AM

Hello all,

I'm not the oldest, but I'm damn close. I too joined the altitude community after beta, when it was on Apple's download list. I had so much fun in the first 30 minutes, I bought the game that day.

Away from the game, I'm either being a school administrator, going to school to finish my masters, trying to turn my daughter into a geek, or playing guitar.

I also try to make maps. I'm not that good yet, but there's a definite "world History" theme to my maps (I taught History for 13 years). One day I will get it right!

I find I am a way better BALL player than TBD. I'm not sure why.

In game you will see me as 'Aces High.' UP THE IRONS!