Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Default Graphics

Soo I'm going to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the games planes/base/turret graphics.

They are too preschoolish looking for my tastes. Its not that they aren't well drawn, I just don't think they are appealing to your average 14+ gamer. (Disclaimer I'm 25)

I have no idea what gamer age bracket you are going to be mainly marketing to but I think something more ridiculous might be more fitting. Graphics are the first impression of the game they get and right now it just looks a little awkward in my eyes. They feel like they are trying to be serious but in a plastic tonka truck sort of way.

Anyway, I'd rather see the graphics look more realistic, or more absurb.

In the same thought line of ridiculousness, has there been any thought of giving biplanes a brief storyline? In team games different plane designs/themes for each team might add something even if they share many of the other same properties.

Ever played the old game innerspace? It shares several similarities to altitude and has some additional interesting addons.

Overall I think the game is shaping up to be quite excellent.
Just my 2 cents cheers
-bob

Last edited by Ajplagge; 02-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Bit late to mention it now that the game's almost done. :P
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM

History backs my claim that work on altitude is never done!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

haha

hard to argue with that :P
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM

I'm of the opinion that the graphics are perfectly suited to the game. It's like Worms but with planes. You know, before Worms became AWFUL :P

The only gripes I have graphics wise are with the turrets and the mines. The turrets, i don't even know what's wrong with them. They always just strike me as odd looking. Maybe it's that they often move to angles that they don't look like they would be able to. The mines just look rude to me. Probably in my imagination though :P
Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 PM

the entire game is one giant penis.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:39 PM

Default Texture Packs?

Well, I think that one way that could satisfy a lot of people is the inclusion of the ability to change the textures in the game.

I had a look inside the Jars and I found, much to my disappointment that the graphics are in a weird, non-image format.

I personally don't see why this is here. I would like to see the inclusion of texture packs that allowed us to have far more graphical options.

That is all...
Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamEngulfer221 View Post
Texture Packs?
In MineCraft, you can use texture packs that make resources stand out among stone/dirt/gravel. It always felt wrong to me, but I looked the other way as generally you are only cheating yourself.

Altitude is always* a pvp game. If altering something in the graphics could be argued to give the player an advantage, I disagree with allowing the option.

*Sure, sure. Coop is pvt and could still benefit in this to the dismay of other coop teams.