Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Default a return to bouncy

I've noticed that new players will crash into terrain almost constantly. Even veterans to other online gaming take a long time learning how to fly without constant (avoidable) crashing. This is probably due to the uniqueness and hidden depth of Altitude control and game play combined with unforgiving terrain...

A lightweight single player campaign would be one way to allow players to get used to flying without crashing before entering shark infested waters(multiplayer). Since single player does not seem to be in the mix though, bouncy levels could alleviate much of the frustration that new players encounter.
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled.PNG (6.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by argonide; 02-08-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:48 PM

Location: iowa... doesn't matter no ones heard of any iowa towns anyway

i agree a single player would be cool. however i think the current Bots are not good enough for it yet. they are much better now that they shoot at people......
Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 PM

I don't know that there's a reason to create an atmosphere where touching terrain will be less forgiving if it's still going to kill you on the actual maps and games you play online.

I think that damage from crashing into things should be scaled down a little so that newer players can nick the edges of things and live, but still have to learn to avoid the stationary objects.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 PM

isn't this what the rubber hull perk is for? Cause you can nick the **** out of things with it equipped and you won't die.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM

Okay good point since I still see people with "no perk found" equipped in all 3 slots flopping around rocks and walls to their death
Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 AM

I myself being a new person to the game, would find a single player campaign to be interesting, yet not completely neccessary. Maybe if there were seperate single player "missions" that helped flying, I'm pretty sure I'd get the hang of it a bit faster. Although, I must say I am enjoying the game so far.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Great idea Argonide It'll make the game more fun with a campaign, going through missions and all. I hope Altitude can make the bots better and put a campaign mode on it.