Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:14 AM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default AltBouncer - Altitude Identification System

Backstory
I went to execute a couple of permabans on proleague servers today and found that I did not have the VaporID's of the perpetrators within my server logs, so I came up with this idea. I have developed a database to store VaporID's the names they have been associated with (along with the last time they were seen associated with that name). This wouldn't be all that useful without an easy-to-use frontend, so I made one of those as well.

In short:
I now have a database of around 250 names (and soon to be more) and am providing access to it to all of you. The front-end is located at:

http://tec27.com/altbouncer/

How to Use
It should be pretty easy to use. Just plug in a partial/full nickname or VaporID and it will automatically execute the search when you finish typing. You can also click on nicknames/IDs in the table and it will filter for just that. The only thing I ask is that, if you do use it, you could please upload your 'Recently Played With' file from your Altitude folder. This file keeps track of the VaporID's and Nicknames of people you have played with recently, and is currently how I am putting this information in the database. The file in question is located at:
<Altitude folder>\config\played_with_<Your VaporID>.xml

Just click the link at the top of the page and upload the file, and that should be all you need to do.

Planned for the future
- Automatic uploader program to periodically send in the recently played list from your computer
- Parsing for other files from Altitude such as server logs

Let me know if you have any issues/suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Kuja900 Kuja900 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,883
Default

A dream turned into reality, thank you tec!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 AM
-MH-CaptainVogez -MH-CaptainVogez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia - the Best place in the world!
Posts: 419
Default

Tec this is AMAZING!
I just added mine - hope that helps add to the amazing idea!

AN automatic upload one day will see a great change in the way alty runs bans
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Triped Triped is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 597
Default

Very nice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Haxz Haxz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, CA
Posts: 84
Default

Pretty wicked,but does it do demo players?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Harmonica Harmonica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC, USA
Posts: 152
Default

Great tool -- thank you.

Is there any way to increase the length of the log? Looking at my played_with file, it appears I hit the max of 100 in a single game session.


Edit: Oops, I apparently can't discern January 2 from January 3. I hit the max is just over a day, such that the log extended from the middle of Saturday night's playtime to the end of last night's, just over 24 hours.

So, at least for me, a manual upload is needed every 1-2 days or some data will be missed.

Last edited by Harmonica; 01-04-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
DMCM DMCM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,049
Default

This is great. I uploaded my list.


Over 800 now!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Herodadotus Herodadotus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 480
Default

Just uploaded mine. Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
evilarsenal evilarsenal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: in miranda
Posts: 2,403
Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal
Default

this is awesome holy crap, thank you so much
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
nesnl nesnl is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,503
Default

Try to keep uploading every once in a while. It is a valuable tool to keep track of people and their name changes.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Pieface Pieface is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,264
Default

Looks great, good job!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Reach Reach is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 38
Default

i have no idea what you're talking about

but im assuming you just brought together all the noob's ip's (or something) into one convenient place.

kudos +1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Loli.ta Loli.ta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Other Half
Posts: 772
Default

Sweet idea, and list.

Occasionally, when I serach up someone, the "wiper" that reveals information "continually" keeps wiping and restarting the animation, and it repeats.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Kuja900 Kuja900 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
Sweet idea, and list.

Occasionally, when I serach up someone, the "wiper" that reveals information "continually" keeps wiping and restarting the animation, and it repeats.
I have seen this as well.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 AM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default

I'll look into that. Currently working on pagination and sorting. I also added clearing for both text boxes, changed clicking on names/vapors to clear the other text box, etc. Once this version goes live it should be a bit easier to use.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Triped Triped is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 597
Default

Tec, just for fun, how about a "first seen" field along with last seen?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:35 AM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default

The version with pagination is up, so results are limited to 50 per page now. I'll be working on sorting by name/vaporID a bit later, and probably add in some stuff to jump to specific pages or move by 5's or something.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:38 AM
combat combat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 456
Default

Wow, that's really amazing. Two thumbs up, uploaded played with!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 AM
-MH-CaptainVogez -MH-CaptainVogez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia - the Best place in the world!
Posts: 419
Default

Curious...will this be a system where it will list old nicknames from vaporID's - when people troll and stuff?
or just a last-known-identity log
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 AM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default

If someone has a name in their recently played list and uploads it, it will remain in the database. So someone that moves through a lot of nicknames could potentially have their VaporID associated with a lot of names
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Harmonica Harmonica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC, USA
Posts: 152
Default

What happens if two different players/VaporIds use the same name at different times? Does it store multiple VaporIds for a given screen name, with different last-seen times?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 AM
TomBRowkaH TomBRowkaH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Great job on this! As more and more people upload their lists, it will also become a great tool just to find players. For example if you want to know who is on [fLb] you can just filter for that, and find their AKAs as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-05-2010, 07:54 AM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
What happens if two different players/VaporIds use the same name at different times? Does it store multiple VaporIds for a given screen name, with different last-seen times?
Basically, I have two seperate databases, one for Vapor ID's and one for Nicknames. So whenever someone submits a log, I take each line and figure out what the ID was and what the name was. If the name is already in the database as being associated with that ID, I will update that entry to the later seen date. If it is not in the database, I will add a new entry for it in the names database, and associate that entry with the vapor id. So in short, if two different people use the same name, it will show up in the database under two vapor IDs.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 AM
spc spc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tec27 View Post
Backstory
I went to execute a couple of permabans on proleague servers today and found that I did not have the VaporID's of the perpetrators within my server logs, so I came up with this idea. I have developed a database to store VaporID's the names they have been associated with (along with the last time they were seen associated with that name). This wouldn't be all that useful without an easy-to-use frontend, so I made one of those as well.

In short:
I now have a database of around 250 names (and soon to be more) and am providing access to it to all of you. The front-end is located at:

http://tec27.com/altbouncer/

How to Use
It should be pretty easy to use. Just plug in a partial/full nickname or VaporID and it will automatically execute the search when you finish typing. You can also click on nicknames/IDs in the table and it will filter for just that. The only thing I ask is that, if you do use it, you could please upload your 'Recently Played With' file from your Altitude folder. This file keeps track of the VaporID's and Nicknames of people you have played with recently, and is currently how I am putting this information in the database. The file in question is located at:
<Altitude folder>\config\played_with_<Your VaporID>.xml

Just click the link at the top of the page and upload the file, and that should be all you need to do.

Planned for the future
- Automatic uploader program to periodically send in the recently played list from your computer
- Parsing for other files from Altitude such as server logs

Let me know if you have any issues/suggestions.
seem like a good tool for moderators. i uploaded mine
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 AM
TiamatStudios TiamatStudios is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 99
Default

Very nice, not only helps you get the ID's but it also helps you seen the last time one of your friends played. Good job!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Luke Luke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 171
Default

I think this should be made sticky by a mod in this forum section.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 AM
uberknarf uberknarf is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16
Default So helpful

This is absolutely incredible. Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into it!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Tosconi Tosconi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 736
Default

I think mods should really stick this topic, so it's as easy to find in a couple of weeks as it is now
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Pieface Pieface is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
I think mods should really stick this topic, so it's as easy to find in a couple of weeks as it is now
Done. tec really outdid himself with this one - it's really very useful for all the Admins of servers, as well as people who need to find a way to contact certain players in-game (e.g. for the 1v1 tourneys that are going on now).

Until an automatic upload system is implemented, we should all do our best to try to upload our config files as frequently as possible. I personally try to upload mine after each time I play, and it's really a quick process that will ensure the tool remains useful for a long time to come.

Thanks again tec, keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 AM
tgleaf tgleaf is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Posts: 2,737
Default

Yes, please continue to upload those lists. It makes it so helpful when you are trying to find a player in-game.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
gren00b gren00b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 53
Default

I don't mean to sound like a noob (pun not intended), but why would someone get banned from altitude?

Are people wall hacking? :P
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
mled mled is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moms basement
Posts: 896
Default

lol i luv to see ppls prior names it so fun ty
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Stormich Stormich is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Corporate Police State
Posts: 1,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gren00b View Post
I don't mean to sound like a noob (pun not intended), but why would someone get banned from altitude?

Are people wall hacking? :P
Not banned from the game, banned from the servers. Quite a few people disrupt league play. The bouncer is made for the sole purpose of handling the APL servers.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-23-2010, 08:34 PM
A doughnut A doughnut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: IM ON A BOAT MOTHER****ER TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ING BOAT
Posts: 427
Default

Now we can track wood
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
GMAC GMAC is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to GMAC Send a message via MSN to GMAC Send a message via Skype™ to GMAC
Default :)

This is awesome. Even more so when automatically updating becomes possible . Upped my file, put in a few new entries.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Blue Blue is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Connecticut/On tour with my band
Posts: 1,159
Default

the best idea altitude has ever seen, i think, thanks tec
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
TropicalSkittles TropicalSkittles is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Default I Saw it

It Rocks Dude!! come up with more stuff plz Thank You So Much

Last edited by TropicalSkittles; 01-25-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Well I Did a masstake
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
tgleaf tgleaf is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Posts: 2,737
Default Refresh rate?

When I upload my "played with" list, it takes about a day for the data to update in AltBouncer. Is this normal? In other words, I can see a nickname in-game, upload my list, but not search for that nickname for another 12-24 hours (I haven't timed it, but it's definitely not immediate).
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
tec27 tec27 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
When I upload my "played with" list, it takes about a day for the data to update in AltBouncer. Is this normal? In other words, I can see a nickname in-game, upload my list, but not search for that nickname for another 12-24 hours (I haven't timed it, but it's definitely not immediate).
That seems very weird, it should be immediate. I'll look into what's wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
tgleaf tgleaf is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Posts: 2,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tec27 View Post
That seems very weird, it should be immediate. I'll look into what's wrong.
I tried it with Safari 4.04 and Firefox 3.01 (OS X 10.5.8). I'm using this URL: http://tec27.com/altbouncer/?nickinp...af&vapIDinput=

As an example, if I search for "harmonica" I should see at least 4 vapor IDs as of about 20 minutes ago. This is what I get:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (19.3 KB, 45 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2008 Nimbly Games LLC