Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Default Levels

lamster, are you planning on maintaining the level cap at 45 when the game releases? I think a lot of players would like to continue increasing their level, and it will give some people incentive to continue to care about gaining experience. There wouldn't be any additional perks or icons, just a higher number next to their name.

On that point...it's hard to read someone's level the font is so small and blends in with some of the symbols behind it.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator

We haven't decided exactly where we'll put the cap or how to reward further play, but my favorite idea so far is to add "prestige" badges similar to CoD4. Once you reach 45, you'll have the option to restart from level 1, complete all the challenges again, etc -- your only reward is a new badge (there'll probably be ~5 prestige levels) and perhaps some cosmetic perks, like new skins or glowy auras.

Thanks for the reminder about the font -- we will fix it up soonish.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

one small comment - the prestige badges in CoD4 were abominably bad. New players should be able to immediately distinguish between a real lvl1 player and a guy that's actually on his 4th prestige mode run. in cod4 they were just random ****ing icons that you'd never recognize as special unless you had played the game enough to actually memorize them all. silliness.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
We haven't decided exactly where we'll put the cap or how to reward further play, but my favorite idea so far is to add "prestige" badges similar to CoD4. Once you reach 45, you'll have the option to restart from level 1, complete all the challenges again, etc -- your only reward is a new badge (there'll probably be ~5 prestige levels) and perhaps some cosmetic perks, like new skins or glowy auras.
I like that idea.