Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:50 AM

Default Sky Pirates {arr}

We are a small 'casual pro' clan concentrating purely on the ball game mode.

'Casual pro' in our case means that we take the game seriously and try to be as good in it as we can (thus pro), but our training times and amounts vary a lot depending our real lives (thus casual).

Sky Pirates was formed by two enthusiastic brothers, {arr}Gemi and {arr}D4rt, when they started playing the game in late 2009. The clan kept quiet for a couple of months while both trained their flying, killing and scoring skills. In February 2010 the clan started recruitment and within a very short time period we gathered a team full of eager and capable players ready to bring some Yarr to the fields of ball.

{arr} soon rose to the official title of the best ball clan in existence as the team conquered the SkyLeague. {arr} also beat the StreetBallaz 3v3 tournament with their ABE team shortly after that. After a short time of lower success the clan returned to full force in The European Altitude Ball League taking the first place in the league, dominating all but one of the other participating clans with 3-0 victories.

Recruitment to Sky Pirates is always open, but new members are taken rarely. Please contact {arr}Wyrd if you are interested.

If you want to know more about Sky Pirates, Arr friends, our recruitment or our servers, or just want to look at our member roster and other information, please visit our websites at http://gemi.nn.fi/arr/ and http://www.wolfeys-lair.co.uk/arr/.

You'll see us on the field, looting your balls. Yarr!

Leaders:
Captain: {arr}Wyrd
Co-captain: {arr}Sunaku
Elder: {arr}Gemi

Active members:
{arr}_micro
{arr}akkargutt
{arr}cipso
{arr}Dim77
{arr}Habeas
{arr}Lady Squirtle
{arr}Maleus
{arr}Mortva
{arr}skYp
{arr}Strzy
{arr}Trix
{arr}Wolfey

Inactive members:
{arr}D4rt
{arr}Hagnot
{arr}Iderik
{arr}StarDust

Former members:
G00se
Strong Coffee
Tominator
Void

We are open for clan vs. clan matches so feel free to ask us when you see us online. If you want to schedule a match please contact micro through a forum pm, in the game with the name {arr}_micro or post on our own website: http://www.wolfeys-lair.co.uk/arr/

Arr server #3 is meant for play testing new maps. Please visit the server with a bunch of others and let the map creators know what you think of their maps. You can download all of the current maps in a single zip package behind this link: http://gemi.nn.fi/files/arr_server_maps.zip

The list of maps currently in rotation on the server are:

ball_arcanum
ball_atmosphere
ball_cavern
ball_cross (not sure if it's the newest version)
ball_cube
ball_doodle
ball_excel
ball_funnelpark (not sure if it's the newest version)
ball_hardcourt
ball_lazer
ball_ocean
ball_pixelized
ball_risk
ball_skullisland
ball_star
ball_superlazer
ball_thorns

Last edited by gemigemi; 02-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A doughnut View Post
first off, get more players before trying to make a roster, it will throw off people that want to join.
We are deliberately open with our size. If size is an obstacle for someone to join then it's for the best not to hide our size and cause a disappointment later on.

Quote:
second, BALL=veteran? u guys feeling ok? ball has been around for i would say less than 3 months now and cannot be a veteran of any sort. although they may be the best clan which participates in ball and only ball type events, they have still gotten thrashed by real clans, which play TBD.
Sorry for this mix up. I was more referring to skill, not age of the clan. The word choice was probably not the best one.

Quote:
third, u r going to steal my balls? wtf? u cant have them. i will defend them with my life. =D
We'll see about that.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 AM

You guys are good to be honest.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
yes them two are good all tough they are noobs no offense, but lets c ur team, then i will judge.
No offense taken, we are indeed new. Lets see what we can do once we have more players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmic225 View Post
i hope u guys stick around because Altitude needs more ball clans

good luck
We're here to stay. And thanks!

On a side note, we've got a couple of new {arr} players and are still on the lookout for more.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemigemi View Post
On a side note, we've got a couple of new {arr} players and are still on the lookout for more.
Glad to hear it. Your server is one of the better bouncy ones, and it'd be nice to see more ball competition.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM

We've now recruited 3 players, getting us up to a total of 5. Doesn't allow us to play the usual 6v6 ball matches yet, but we did have a nice 4v4 fun training match against {ICE} today. Victory tastes sweet, and it seems like our recruitment has targeted the right players (everyone played very well solo and team), but there's still improvement ahead for all of us and we still need more players. Future looks shiny for {arr}.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Gemi, good luck with the clan! I'm always happy to see new BALL clans crop up. You guys have been playing quite a bit and are skilled (and decent people), so I think you stand a good chance at making this work. Good write-up (first post) as well.

There are more and more talented non-clan players, so you should have a good pool to choose from. I'll PM you with a few ideas.

EDIT: Any time you guys want to scrim with {ball/*} -- even informally -- let me or drunkguava know (or just talk to our members in-game... impromptu scrims are always okay, too).

Last edited by tgleaf; 02-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Gemi, good luck with the clan! I'm always happy to see new BALL clans crop up. You guys have been playing quite a bit and are skilled (and decent people), so I think you stand a good chance at making this work. Good write-up (first post) as well.
Thank you for all the compliments.

Quote:
EDIT: Any time you guys want to scrim with {ball/*} -- even informally -- let me or drunkguava know (or just talk to our members in-game... impromptu scrims are always okay, too).
We are definitely interested in random fun scrims. We will probably not schedule any matches for now, just playing whenever we happen to be online. For now our team size is a bit limited, but I'm hoping to get a couple of new members soon so we can play real 5v5 or 6v6 games.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Future looks shiny for {arr}.
Very, very shiny!

// {arr}Iderik
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM

Skyterror has changed nick and is now officially known as "Void". Remember the name

/ {arr}Void
Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM

hmm i've seen some of you guys play ball and i am impressed. you should get some teamwork going a few more recruits and some strategies and you can try to beat a few teams 0.0.

PS: that website looks great and it is impressive since that is the first look of your team.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
hmm i've seen some of you guys play ball and i am impressed. you should get some teamwork going a few more recruits and some strategies and you can try to beat a few teams 0.0.

PS: that website looks great and it is impressive since that is the first look of your team.
wolf, i've been thinking long and hard about a nickname for you.

How about
Wolf'pail;max

Now I want you to take your time and not rush a decision but I think we have a winner here.

<3

Last edited by CCN; 02-09-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm new! \o/

// {arr}_micro
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _micro View Post
I'm new! \o/

// {arr}_micro
Welcome micro! I know you will have a real good time with us, and we with you
Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM

Micro just wanted to say this since i like new ball clans, i am in {ball} and also dutch.
Hey hoe gaat het? Veel plezier in {arr}.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 AM

Dankje. :P
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 PM

Member count is now up to 7. We are looking for 2-3 more players to fill our ranks for the time being. A skilled Explodet pilot would be a nice addition and one or two fast planes who handle the ball well. Please contact us, {arr}Gemi or {arr}D4rt, in game if you are interested.

After getting our member count to 9-10 we will concentrate on team training and training matches against other clans.

Once we've gotten the hang of our teamwork we will probably recruit a couple additional players before any future ball tournaments or leagues are held. We aren't aiming for a huge bunch of players as we want to keep a good team spirit (everyone knows everyone and all that), but more players always makes it easier to get players online when they are needed.

On other matters, our servers have been extra popular today with two servers constantly full. I'll be adding one more server to make sure that players have enough slots to play.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Nice Website. This Clan was obviously thought out, those clans usually make it. Good Luck Guys!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Who played for us in the {ball/*} vs. {arr} scrim?
Old 02-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rt View Post
Who played for us in the {ball/*} vs. {arr} scrim?
Here's the screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 4.jpg (22.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 PM

I would love to train some more with {ball/*}, I really enjoyed it
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM

Wink Woot Woot

IMHO {aRR} is a good ball clan. Always fun and a challenge to play against. I love the work you've done with the website. I personally hope your stick around as a ball clan as evrything keeps revolving around TBD. Keep up the good work and see you on the field.
P.S. I think Sunaku's best palne is a biplane.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiLLz View Post
I think Sunaku's best plane is a biplane.
1. miranda (scary good)
2. bomber (deadly good)
3. biplane (still good)

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Red face hmm

In that case I prolly have caught u practicing with a biplane everytime 0=)
Old 02-13-2010, 02:58 AM

Meat shield reporting for duty !
I didn't know my plane was opened for a poll but hey, why not
Gemi managed to kidnap Hagnot who's a great Miranda so we'll see what else we need.
Anyway, thanks for the kind words mom... err, tgleaf .

Last edited by Sunaku; 02-13-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Here's the screenshot:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r87 View Post
You guys are good to be honest.
Called it.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:17 AM

Arrrr, i'm in for the treasure hunt, lets go and find ourselves some gold medals!
And thx for the flowers Sunaku
Old 02-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to iSam

can i join??
Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM

Okay, a new patch up: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2700

Please guys, if you want to get the Ace ranks, make sure that you will unlock any necessary planes and perks before any matches that might be upcoming. Currently this means that please unlock everything before next Saturday.

As a guideline, it will probably take you about 20 hours of effective play to get everything, so keep that in mind.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Active recruitment is currently closed. What this means is that anyone who we have invited to join earlier is still welcome to join us, if they so choose. New applications aren't considered except in very rare cases (a truly exceptional player wants to join, for example).

Member count is now 9 (well 10 actually, but one case is still in the middle of processing). We are now starting to work on our team work and schedule training matches against other groups.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 PM

Even though recruitment was closed I have received numerous requests to join the clan. Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf} for those who are interested in joining {arr}. Please see the first post for details and please contact me or D4rt in game if you are interested in joining {arf} and eventually {arr}.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf}
Every clan needs a mascot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PirateDog-740602.jpg (32.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Even though recruitment was closed I have received numerous requests to join the clan. Thus we have opened a "training and recruitment" clan Arr friends {arf} for those who are interested in joining {arr}. Please see the first post for details and please contact me or D4rt in game if you are interested in joining {arf} and eventually {arr}.
gemigemi. I'd love to join {arf}. How should I contact you (other than this post ) ? In game ?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMoreCops View Post
gemigemi. I'd love to join {arf}. How should I contact you (other than this post ) ? In game ?
In game please.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:43 AM

great thanks. Just have to find you in game now
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 PM

We have now had two random training sessions against {ball}. Sadly it's hard to get a good competitive ground for a EU vs US match due to ping problems. First training session was played on {arr} servers and the ping of the US based {ball} people didn't seem to disrupt play too much. Today however the ping caused playing be very bad for both teams as it made playing harder for them and caused a bunch of lag goals when they seemed to be in another place on our screen than where they really were. We tried a couple of US servers, but sadly the servers themselves were lagging, causing massive lag spikes to everyone, so no further maps were played. I hope we can find a suitable good US server at some point as our ping on the US servers is better than what the US players get on EU servers. (for some weird reason)

Screen shots of played maps can be found at http://gemi.nn.fi/arr/gallery.html.

Looking forward to games with less lag problems soon enough! Also, other ball clans feel free to go for scrims against us.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 AM

Maimer said that the ladder server has been upgraded so when it's up (it currently isn't) it should be less laggy than it was before. Hopefully it'll be good enough for you guys to play on it.
Still, even considering the lag, you guys were incredibly tough competition the other night. Look forward to getting some good matchups with you in the future
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
Maimer said that the ladder server has been upgraded so when it's up (it currently isn't) it should be less laggy than it was before. Hopefully it'll be good enough for you guys to play on it.
Still, even considering the lag, you guys were incredibly tough competition the other night. Look forward to getting some good matchups with you in the future
Yeah, I noticed the ladder server update and we'll certainly be giving the server a try. Hopefully it works well so we can use it to match you guys.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 PM

All clans interested in scrimmaging against us feel free to contact me in game. Tonight at 22GMT would be a nice time.

Against EU based clans we can play on the {arr} server, against US clans we can play either there or on the no-max-ping ladder server as the new ladder server isn't lagging.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM

All members who haven't yet done so, please register on our forums. Also all members please read the new topics and respond to any schedule ones.

We (= Wolfey) are working on a new website and will most likely be making that one available within a week or two. With this website we might also offer other ball clans utility such as a personal forum for their members, etc. If any other ball clans are interested, feel free to keep in touch with me.